Why do people love these two so much?

I don't get why people like Kenan and Kel as much as they do. Every time I fight them they're boring as fuck and it's the biggest test of patience that can go wrong so easily it's not even funny. Seriously, every time I have to fight these fucks I spend most of my time running around pillars trying to get them to separate because attacking one or the other while you can't see their buddy is asking to get fucked in the butt. I can't even count the times Snorlax whiffs an attack, I go in to hit him, and Pikachu does quick attack right through him. Then there's the moments where absolute bullshit happens. Like the AI knows you want them separated so the two fuck off in completely opposite directions and it's impossible to have both of them in view in time before one revs up an attack. Or when they do combos that are guaranteed to hit, like Bert doing his fucking shovel move only for you to dodge it and eat lightning from Ernie. Pray they take pity on your ass because Bert loves to finish the combo with another shovel thrust. I don't get why people are surprised why 2v1 bosses in the later games consisted of trash monsters with the main boss or one boss playing defensively while the one you're focusing on utilizes their full moveset.

I've never played dork souls, but looking at the design of these two bosses seems badass. A heavy, hardhitting knight in tandum with an agile swordfighter is an impressive team.

People like them because they are great casual filters, as this faggot OP so kindly proved

This fight was awesome. It separates the boys from the men. Sif was a tough fight for me when I started playing souls

To beat them keep locked onto or at least focused on Ornseinn, then keep moving so that you can see Smough, since he's huge and slow it's easier to keep track of him. Most of his attacks are really easy to dodge anyway.

I've been trying to beat these fuckers on ng+1 with a greatsword build for the past week and I still can't consistently beat Smough to get to Ornstein. I've tried two-handing the sword, using a light shield and greatshield and not progress has been made.

OP's not wrong when he's talking about how ornstein can attack through smough at a moments notice or trying to dodge one can end with you getting fucked midroll by the other.

The same reason people love Souls in genreal; metnal illness.

NeoGAF LOVES this franchise. This alone should tell you everything you need to know.

Are we talking about the same game? Did I miss some lore?

Man this game felt like I was playing a video game again.
So good.

Those names are so familiar yet the memories are just so fuzzy.

Fug.

Pretty much. The latter doesn't happen that much, but it drives me up the wall when it does.

aaAAAAAaaaaah, I remember now! It's just that my overdose on redpills made me hate niggers so much that I seem to have blocked them.

us 90s kidz, amirite?

That attacking through each other thing is absolute bullshit. There's no denying that. However you should try running instead of just locking on all the time and backpeddling. Running will get you out of most situations in the game. If you find yourself turtling and taking forever to kill one. That means you're not making openings. Rolling forward at the right moment will allow you to counter attack most things this game throws at you.

Play some Ninja Gaiden Black. You'll gain a sixth sense and will be able to predict when enemies will attack you even if they're off screen. You should at least have a general idea of when you're about to be hit if you've fought them long enough.

It's not difficult and it's surprising the amount of bullshit the fans defend. Worst hitboxes on offer, Ornstein gets ridiculous I-frames with his sidesteps and can cross the entire screen in one move. Horrible AI, they're constantly slipping and sliding past each other and the first half of the fight only works because of how terrible their pathfinding is. They don't even have good audio cues which is a pretty common staple in multiple-enemy encounters in any action game. Praising them as a "casual filter" is moronic because it's just a plain bad boss fight, nothing more than that

Visual design, Great Music, the use of the arena as a gameplay element, the most signposted boss outside a lord soul or gwyn himself, biggest reward for beating a boss (warping), the biggest gap between skill floor and skill cieling which promotes replay, popular spot for jolly cooperation, and one of the few 2 phase bosses in DS1.

Its not perfect, and it does get more praise for presentation than anything, but it is still a dam good bossfight.

Stealing quelag's thunder as best boss fight is a shame, but I definitely get why.

Uh, I never found that fight to be particularly exceptional.

There's a lot of bosses from the franchise that people consider hard even though it's more to bad design choice.

She isn't, but it's also one of the first really solid boss fights in the game that doesn't rely on a gimmick like the gargoyles.

I just really like the mechanic of "don't step in puke" a lot.
I also like gargoyles and O&S.
Any fight that is more about keeping your head cool and managing more than one thing at a time, is likely to score highly on my list.

Yes yes, we understand how Dark Souls was an unexpected hit that changed the landscape of the gaming market in way the big established players failed to anticipate, and that their hate campaign against Dark Souls continues on to this very day.

AWWW HERE IT GOES
EVERYBODY OUT THERE GO RUN AND TELL YOU HOMEBODY AND HOMEGIRLS ITS TIME FOR KENAN AND KEL
THEY KEEP YOU LAUGHING IN THE AFTERNOON
SO DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL OR LEAVE THE ROOM
CAUSE THEY'RE ALWAYS INTO SOMETHING FUN AND YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT
It'S DOUBLE K LIKE 2 THA GOOD RADIUS
IT'S KENAN AND KEL OR SHOULD I SAY KEL AND KENAN
AND YOU GOTTA WATCH KENAN CAUSE HE BE SCHEMIN
WITH A PLAN OR PLOT TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP
BUT THEY KINDA IN THE MIDDLE CAUSE THEY ALWAYS GETTING CAUGHT
JUST LIKE THE HARDY BOYS OR NANCY DREW MYSTERY
IT'S JUST KENAN AND KEL IN YOUR VICINITY
LIKE SIEGFRIED AND ROY
ABBOT AND COSTELLO
MAGIC AND KAREEM
OR PENN AN TELLER
SOMEBODY AND TROUBLE
AWW HERE IT GOES
NICK NAH NICK NICK NAH NICK NICK NICK
you asked for this

Orange Soda

What part of Berserk are the based off?

The people that praise them don't solo them as they're obviously intended to be fought with a partner (Solaire or other players). The second stage is also the part of the fight that's actually praised since the first stage is mostly trivial when you're fighting them seperately.

Also the circumstances of the fight are pretty important to how enjoyable it is too. You're in a badass arena with top tier music fighting two bosses with superb visual design at the peak of the game while you're about to achieve the goal you set out for (retrieve the Lordvessel). If I were to rank the top DaS1 bosses on pure gameplay they wouldn't be very high up (at least when counting AotA) but the overall experience is quite memorable (like Sif).

you don't know shit till you try to cheese it at level 1. throw a few fire orbs at orn and then spend the next 3 hours kiting smough with a crossbow

I hope that's an exaggeration because I'd go crazy attempting that.

pussy

its because of that dank meme

Anyone got any others?

Maybe Holla Forums isn't cultured enough to make the George and Lennie joke

Better question:
Why do people like souls games so much EVEN TO THE POINT THAT they call seiken densetsu, hyper light drifter, bastion, or boktai souls-like?

I like exploring and hack and slash but never got in to souls but the fans are rabid voracious wolves with a third for blood spinning in circles chewing at the hind legs of each other waiting for a kill.

It's a very fun fight. The best boss fight in the vanilla game. Arguable still the best boss fight when including the DLC.

fuck you culture fag

oy vey!
yes I know Steinbeck

I was hoping someone would bring up the Looney Tunes pair too

Dark souls is a good game. Its a well made third person metriodvania with a good balance of challenge and a simple but eloquent story of entropy vs tradition. The fans however are cancer.

Its like you are trying to become the next E.Y.E hating faggot but you dont put in nearly as much effort into it as he did. Regardless, your legs are broken and you have gone completely hollow :^)

I have an old screenshot of an excel document someone made containing a shit ton of names for Biggie and Tupac, but I'm not diving through my messy folders to try to find it.

Is it just the fans? I've seen Severance fans who dislike this series say that Severance is the original Souls-like game and the upcoming Ni-Oh also has people claiming its going to be the superior clone of the series. I don't know why you'd want to invite comparisons since the strengths of the games aren't remotely in the same area

I almost did a no pyromancy run but that was because I actually did not know how powerful pyromancy was at the time. I ended up using it for Kalameet, Mantis and Gwyn

I'm more asking why the fans are so bad in the sense that they are obsessed enough to drag games that are hack and slashers that aren't zelda straight in to the souls category because Souls must be the every encompassing religious epitome of gaming.

Because a well known souls shill pushed the term "soulslike" on a large part of the fanbase. If the same thing happened with skyrim there would be tons of "skyrimlikes".

Who?
I think you mean Fatboy and Slim.

Because they were funny negros. Kel promoted the sterotype of ORANGE DRANK while Kenean was the typical nigger, thinking bigger than he was mentally capable of actually seeing it through. Why do you think they never got rich while Kenan was stuck working for that white guy who owned the mom and pop store?

Only game devs/publishers and shills actually use that buzzword