FPS has overpowered grenades

What weapons are the most satisfying to abuse without spamming?

This.

It's even better if meelee is under powered.

That way you get to humiliate someone completely.

are you faggots playing bf1?

Suddenly, I am having flashbacks to World at War.
Aka, Grenade spam:the single player campaign

quick way to being a faggot i guess, better wear that frilly skirt and suck all the dicks

what, do you not suck dicks? fucking faggot

R6 siege has frags that rape face, but you only ever have two, and there is no way to resupply in multiplayer.

I remember the grenades in the Halo Reach beta being hilariously overpowered. The things were like fucking mini nukes.

I bet they didn't hold a candle to the original's frag grenades. One of those things is all it takes to complete drain someone down to a finger flick away from death.

I don't touch 8th gen shit.

I hear that shit is hilariously infamous for that alone.

Come on, fam, it's free ammo and they are just showering you with it.

Pretty sure you get bombarded by way too many to do that fast enough.

>mfw I somehow have at least 3 kills counting as headshots with it

This is the reason why I love Battlefield 3

IT'S THE FUCKING BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME

Know that feel

Any decent shooters with enjoyable shotguns released within the last 3 years?

Call of Juarez Gunslinger, cowboy action with a 10 gauge double barrel.

Best feeling in the world.

What does it sound like reloading?

You do, he's full of shit. Enemies infinitely respawn until you reach an arbitrary checkpoint, so you have to advance, killing enemies doesn't mean shit unless they're physically blocking you from reaching your next point of cover. Now, since on Veteran enemy TTK on you is about 3 seconds tops, you have THREE SECONDS AT BEST to pop out of cover and reach the next "safe spot" to regenerate health before you do it again. Doesn't sound so bad, but consider that enemies are not only infinitely respawning, but have infinite grenades which they will perfectly throw at you every single time while you're sitting in cover regenerating, and not only will they perfectly land them at your feet every single time, they'll be throwing 4+ at a time so it's impossible to throw them all back before one blows up and kills you.

WaW is such a shit game.

Is Zombies supposed to be the only fondly remembered part of the game or something?

Because the first time I played it in Black Ops with my brother and he casually borrowed it to try out I immediately enjoyed it more than any of the other shit in the actual game. Kennedy and Castro along with the other 2 cracking banter also helped.

I'm wondering if that mode alone gets that game so much praise.

Is it the reload sound?

Yes on both counts.

Zombies mode really is fun. Especially with the easter egg hunting.

Best fucking feeling in the world getting good at the cheap weapons so you can buy good weapons for your team at critical moments.

Pretty good.

TF2 has an Engineer weapon called the Widowmaker, which is a shotgun that costs building material to shoot but returns building material based on what damage you do. if you can aim it essentially has infinite ammo. I'd go Widowmaker + Pistol + Gunslinger and just shoot stuff while building support buildings minisentry spam is for plebs. Widowmaker with minicrits or crits is even more fun, so hang around teammates who can do that for you.
Postal 2's grenades are great. Left click throws them, right click drops them. Drop a bunch at your feet and kick them at an enemy and you've basically created a proximity-detonated minefield. If nothing goes there you can just go pick them back up again.
Pretty much everything in Killing Floor is satisfying, but getting rapid headshots off with the LAR and Musket is amazing.

I usually find that it's when it has a gimmick that works really well, like the first time you fire something with bouncing bullets indoors, or poisoned/flaming weapons that do crazy build up tick damage. The spread bazooka in Armored Core For Answer just instantly hooked me, and I wound up using it in almost every ranked match.

I remember how cancerous WADOU spamming fags were in 4. Not gonna lie, glad AC4As netcode was so fucked that the online meta was PA Attack blade users or lightweight dual 051ANNR + back weapon/missile pod users. Still got some good matches in. Game died before its time, really.

mfw dual MOTORCOBRAS

My fucking nigger
Also for the medic, it has the vaccinator
a short explanation for it would be that it is an Uber-spamming medigun that completely neuters roaming demos / soldiers, makes the heavy a total bulletsponge that it's ridiculous (and could make the sniper a total joke in the match) and shits all over the kritzkrieg.

I used to use that. When the game is going to shit and nothing is happening, pocket a sniper and switch it to bullet mode. It makes enemy snipers rage, especially if you find the dumbest sniper to pocket.
Also Crusader's Crossbow can harass enemy snipers if you get the arc right. You won't oneshot them but it's enough for them to think twice about peeking their heads out.

I replayed the original Deus Ex recently. Did a non-stealthy lethal playthrough because I've never done one before and I've always wanted to try eliminating Manderley with a silent GEP gun takedown. As it turns out, LAM grenades are insanely powerful. They have a massive blast radius and you can bounce them everywhere.

Not an FPS but Spelunky's shotgun is the most satisfying damn weapon in the world. Normally you need to be clever to kill most enemies, then you find the shotgun and it's a license to go nuclear.

You'll still die, though.

this is catchy, so am i listening to an edited hitler speech or anders chanting at himself

I love me some 40mm.

I got so good with the crossbow in Timesplitters 2 that I could find you on the minimap, aim blindly off nothing but the map, and reliably arc a bolt over terrain for a one-hit kill.

Still one of my most favorite things to do in an FPS; minimap-targeting weapons. My other favorite guns are Megabuster proxies; the flame gun in Killing floor, the Phoenix Samurai in nightfire, etc. They're less 'exploitable' and more 'fun and effective'.

You're thinking of MMOs.

STALKER has some ridiculous grenades, especially F-1s. Also, the RG-6 is insanely fun.

you don't make any sense

Lmao I bet you kiss girls, turbofag

Most of the explosives in tribes ass end were pretty fun, before the final shitty update.

Paratroops anthem.

>Playing TF2 on the 4chan party van server for dem custom maps.
>Arrowing niggas left and right, rolling everyone purely on luck

Mah nigga. I was carrying that and an RPG around for most of the game "just in case" and it was one of those times where it paid off in the power plant. It was glorious.

Halo 5's shotguns are petty satisfying

In Battlefield 3 me and my friend would both get MAVs (meant for spotting and recon and other boring shit) and we figured out that if you were going really fast and flew into the left side of a soldiers head you could insta kill them, was a ton of fun buzzing around like deadly bees picking off snipers and people who thought they were hidden. Dice patched it though and me and my friend lost interest in the game.

A-user, is that pic what being fulfilled feels like?

Yes.

allammo

Probably doesn't fit because it's not an FPS but the naval bombardment feature in Shogun 2: Total War: Fall of the Samurai is extremely satisfying if you land them right. Since you only get a limited amount per battle it keeps you from spamming it and thus lets it feel satisfying everytime.

YAAAAAAAAAAWOOOHOOOOOOOO

Why must I have a hard-on for double-barreled shotguns?

Halo ended with Reach.

heroes & generals :^)

I didn't say it only had to be FPS.

Who's a shotgunfag?

I've never been any good at grenades personally so I never bother with them, but one game I remember everyone saying had great grenades was Killzone 2.

Killzone 2 was a really good game, first FPS I ever played too.

Grenades don't really require any major skill to use. Just watch the way someone's moving and chuck one to send them running into the open.

Only if the game does them properly.

Eventually I did have to change to slugs when the typical engagement range went beyond 60 meters, but I was still killing everything within 100 meters with a slug or fletchette.

Anyone remember how the musketoon in Napoleonic Wars used to have longer range? Damn that shit was fun, anyone who knew what they were doing were guaranteed multiple kills every time they fired. I'm still pissed they nerfed it.

Nothing better. Sure, I still can't fight the big field battles usually, but being able to rush forwards and do something with the best feeling gun is nice

I'm glad I'm not even close to the only one who wants their guns to sound satisfying while reloading.

It's that little extra that makes you want to play more.

More like cucked germany's paratroop anthem

Which game?

All cool of duuts

Lategame max payne

Oh it said FPS, fugggg

Of all the shit thats happened to TF2, I always go back every so often to play a few rounds as demoknight.

you got to literally get good for the musket because the scope crosshairs are wrong

i played alot of ut2k4 vctf. i told this one guy if you shot the deemer just right you could launch yourself with the blast akin to a rocketjump and cap the flag quick

I never knew CoD even had shotguns, let alone OP.

Are they good for generating salt?

Anything multiplayer is fine.

How do you design a weapon that's harder to use, but worth using?

Something like the Grenade Launcher from Reach? After using it enough in Firefight I found it be one of my favorite weapons for tense situations. Also makes a satisfying clicking sound.

One of the best. It's so satisfying to sneak up on someone and blast them at point blank range with one. Even more fun if they're sound whoring because it makes them jump.

My favorite salt generating weapon in the CoD series is a marksman rifle with iron sights and a silencer. Two-three shot kill at all ranges no matter where the bullet goes. One shot kill at most ranges with headshots. Everyone complains they're cheap because you can effectively counter snipe anyone while begin even with people using assult/SMGs in the field.

Lost interest in the series after Ghosts and only really picked that up because I moved back to my home town and some old friends were playing it.

Akimbo :^)

-t terrible player

The EPG in Titanfall 2 is a great example of a hard to use weapon that can be worth it.

Tons of fun to use but you actually have to git gud to be able to hit anyone who is competent enough to move around a lot. Super satisfying when you nail someone midair and they explode into tiny bits.

It's what they call it user. If they want to crank that shit up and pretend to be somebody I'm more than happy to sneak up and blow out their ear drums.

I remember having a lot of fun in CoD: BO. I got really into the Cold War aesthetic of the game so I tried to play loadouts that fit the theme. That, and I got tired of little kids camping everywhere. Python Akimbo, C4, and Tomahawks. Something about dual-wielding a set of revolvers really got me going. I think I used Scavenger/Lightweight, Hacker and Steady Aim as perks. Large maps turned into sneaking missions and small to medium maps turned into massacres. If there was a window, I dived through it. I dived down stairs and I dived whenever I had the chance. This loadout really gimps you, but god damn if it didn't feel awesome once it got going. I once beat an entire team in SnD by myself with this, the crowning achievement of the loadout.

Almost all of the Treyarch CoD campaigns are garbage. Most people don't care because they only play the multiplayer and zombies.

That sounds fucking inexcusable. Any way I can report this to big names?

This shit can't be tolerated.

I remember being able to hop on one of those and my team mate could fly me around on it like a personal mini-copter. Shit was fun because he would float me directley in front of a sniper that was scoped in and the sniper would inevitably shit himself when he see's me in his view.

Was a fun phase sometime this or last year. BF2 still holds up, unless you take it too seriously and try to carry your team.

Rainbow Six Vegas

Any good multiplayer FPS out nowadays? No COD clones, I need to move fast.

You could try out the new UT. I hear they've fixed the sound so maybe it's starting to feel like a proper game now.

I only play Quake Live anymore, waiting for Champions to come out and be shit so I can keep playing Quake Live indefinitely, I guess.

Seconding. In the last version or two, Epic has made some really questionable (read: retarded) changes to the weapon balance but ultimately it's a blast. Especially that Elimination mode some guys modded in. The movement is also really solid, though I wish they didn't nerf slide so hard a while ago. It's a lot like UT99 if you added wall dodges (independent of your normal dodge), floor sliding, and wall-running (indefinite on sloped surfaces).

There's also Reflex if you're into Quake clones. It's pretty fun, has dudes playing, gets regular updates, and I think it's made by the guys who made CPMA.

what language is that for the number "3"?

It's all about that angle bouncing.

God, i need to go back to play monster hunter again and only use SnS for the entire game.

remote detonated explosives.
a complicated example exists as the dispenser in tfc, which could be detonated by the owning engineer and did damage based upon how much ammo it was holding.
as for overpowered grenades the engi also had an emp grenade which did damage to enemies and structures based on how much ammo they were holding.

trump

Fuck that game. I have kills with the goddamn repair torch, and the repair BOT. Of course, all of the faggot cheaters have kills with ammo boxes.

Played Cowadoody MW2 online on 360 when it was new, and just stabbed everybody constantly, and when they whined too much, I just sniped them and sicced the fucking Harrier on them. Fuck that game, too.

Hasn't the knife consistently been a one hit kill in cawadooty?

Or did retarded 12 years olds bitch until it was nerfed? I wouldn't know since the only game I've seen that's ever looked remotely entertaining in Black Ops III, especially with this new second chance system I saw when I visited my cousins this year. The parkour and punching made it actually look fun and interesting.

I thought the shotguns in that game weren't particularly satisfying.

Mostly because it doesn't look as good when you slow-mo murder someone.

Shouldn't gitting gud at shit guns actually make you even better at good ones?

Sometimes shit guns have quirks that make them surprisingly strong, so if you use the broken boring weapons your play style is optimized around using said quirk and doesn't carry over.

Well, say you have to improve your reaction time to make a slower gun work and then you switch to a pistol and then that kind of honing makes for better shots with a faster weapon that reloads and handles easier.

*and aiming