What games let you weld shit?

What games let you weld shit?

killing floor lets you WELD this DOAH

G mod

Alien Isolation?

Alien Swarm

My dream RPG is one where you choose a trade as a background (welder, electrician, plumber and so on) and attack enemies with equipment used in your job

One trade should be "marketer".

That's what Project Zomboid would be if it was good

I want to choose child protective services as my job in this RPG then

I would just make it a thief class and appearance wise it would just literally be todd howard

SS13

Not anymore. Now you just cryogenically freeze the gaps.

Natural selection?
Aliens vs predator 2?

your gormless tossers

what does welding do

Keeps things weld shut

Spess Engineers is another one.

Some of Zachtronics games imply welding, like KOHCTPYKTOP.

So what's wrong with FC4 besides "It's just FC3 again"?

All I know is that its hidden ending is probably the most interesting in recent history.

Repetitive as fuck, poor balance, fucked up progression , cringy characters, overall shitty missions and a weapon customization system that becomes useless very early on. The map design and enemy Al is also very poor.

It's a AAA game post 2007. No originality, no depth of story or gameplay, shitty map design, just flashy cinematics, simbly ebin cutscenes, and SUPER 4K LENS FLARE GRAFIKS (while being framelocked at 30fps because consoles). Your time and money is better spent elsewhere.

I remember seeing the "sit there until you beat the game" ending being discussed negatively here. I thought it was pretty cool.

I've seen all of those criticisms leveled at FC3 which I enjoyed far more than 2 (even modded) and 1 (especially after the trigens show up and ruin the game). I wasn't planning on buying it because ayy DRM in your DRM with uplay, but I was considering giving it a pirate.

Hello?

Yeah but what game lets you TIG weld

you're really far gone mang, if you're willing to search for a game for a sudden interest you've discovered. dont loook for a game you'll just end up unsatisfied because all you're doing is moving your shitty mouse about, do it in real life or learn a fucking trade that involves TIG welding and do it for a living i dont fucking know. theres individual courses for that also which are around 1k for a full week of basics training, after that practice makes perfect. or if you already got a job. save up for a welding machine it's around 2k for an alright one.

TL;DR Real life is what you're looking for

-a fresh trainee who loves welding shit, its so fucking satisfying to see progress in your own skills

metroid prime: corruption
NS2

i can't thing of anything else

Subnautica, and you have to weld your submarine often.

user i am already a tig welder

Dickships away!

That's a fine bead you've run there.
I've only ever done stick welding and it's been years since I took those classes. It's a hard skill to learn, but once you do, you appreciate it a lot more.

DELETE THIS

Haven't played since before planets. Is it more optimized nowadays?

I've done all 4 arc welding processes, stick was hard as shit when you started doing it vertically but wasn't too bad flat, I always had a problem keeping the passes flat when building up. They'd usually end up too convex. MIG and TIG are my jam though

Fuck if I know. I stopped playing around the same time. I switch to a radeon card and the game ran even shittier than usual.

Muh nigger.

You can get an older on for $1000 or so. My dad got one from the 30s that is also a diesel generator. It ran our house a few times when the power went out last winter.

I swear I played Far Cry 3 at least at 60fps.

yeah it ran well according to fraps hes bullshitting

what is TIG even like, bros?

It's like drawing.

Reading comprhension, friendo. I was talking about FC4, not 3. You are slightly correct though. FC3 & 4 do run in 60 FPS on PC, but 4 has this issue where it will randomly freeze for one or two frames when anything moderately heavy for the game engine is happening, because they didn't optimize the game for PC.

How autistic you can be that this is your criteria? Not gameplay,music,era,style or any other relatively competent and interesting idea.No, you want a game where you can fucking weld shit.Sometimes I wonder how drunk some posters are when they decide to come up with great ideas like that.

I want to say they fixed it in later patches but ehhhhhhhh

Just came back from welding and then there is this thread.
Why would you want a game where you weld? It's never going to capture what goes into actual welding and will never bring the satisfaction a perfect bead bring you.
Also, glad to see some welders on Holla Forums.

Welding is associated with construction, and games with a focus on that is a big thing nowadays. Partly because autism, partly because it allows for creativity. Of course welding is always just hold mouse1 until 100%, but that's part of game abstraction. Maybe germany will release a Welding Simulator in the future.

None, because it's impossible to weld in a game. Welding is the joining of two metal. Stop being a neet waste of life and go get a job as a welder. Easy 60k a year, and it's easy to get a job. Got people begging me to come work at their shop all the time. or you can keep being r9k loser virgin video game 'pro'.

doesnt help that I work in a small time shop with

I don't do gas or electrical welding anymore aside from taking things together or making tools, but I am probably one of the few people in the state that know how to forge weld dissimilar metals. tfw I'm poor as shit and barely make 20k a fear

Forge welding is cool, I want to weld exotic metals or shit like silver or gold. Welding stuff like jewelry would be nice to do.

It's a bit better. It's a lot more stable at least, your ships don't vibrate and explode because of a rotor anymore.

I do non-ferrous pattern welding which is a gigantic fucking bitch if you don't have everything set up just right. I don't have the money to fuck around with silver and gold, I normally use copper, brass, bronze, and nickle/nickle silver. It's an exceedingly hard material to work with as it's incredibly prone to delaminating, it's also incredibly soft so a single hammer blow can fucking ruin it. But it does make nice jewelry, especially if you manage to make the right patterns.

Personally I find blacksmithing to be much more rewarding than welding, you get to be a lot more creative and you're never stopped by a power outage

it honestly has the worst story i have seen in a videogame since 3rd birthday. the characters are uninteresting and one-dimensional except for the villain, but halfway through the game it feels like the writers realized that he was actually the most relatable and likable character in the entire game and start giving him WHOA SO CUHRAZY lines to make him seem less likable.

let me sum it up: instead of waiting for a civil war to die down before you spread your mother's ashes, you fly to a warzone and immediately ally yourself with literal terrorists blowing up the government with gorilla warfare tactics and literally selling heroin to fund the war machine. the two characters you interact with most are Boring Spiritualist Man and Tough Woman Who Don't Need No Man Except That All She Does Is Bitch About The Boys' Club And Get A Man To Solve All Her Problems. you do retarded shit, go to a retarded dream dimension to learn about a retarded mythical story, and do literally nothing notable aside from destabilize a country from the government and put it into the control of drug-running terrorists who can't even get along much less run a country.

i can honestly tell you that i very rarely if ever just completely drop a game if the story sucks. i mean, shit, i finished 3rd birthday like five times trying to figure out the story and see if there was anything recognizable as good writing in there. i dropped fc4 about ten hours in because i just couldn't fucking do it anymore

you're goddamn right i mad about this shit, what a piece of garbage

HA TAKE THAT STEM

No really welding is really piss easy once you get the hang of it.

Never ask me to MIG though

since fuck MIG

haha faggot

Just keep your head out of the smoke and don't breath it in.

To make the bigger bucks you'll need more skills than simply welding tbh. Electrical, mechanical, diving and even aerospace. 45k still good though.

Yeah I know the cap for simply being a welder is fairly low, being a welder/fabricator gives me an edge, a couple more years in the field and I should be make somewhere between 50 and 60k which is good enough for me.

The only negativity around it is that it's just an ending and not the actual game. Seriously, what fucking retard would do the things the protagonist does in the real game?
He doesn't even end up spreading her ashes like he was supposed to and even kills the one man who actually took care of her (and him)
FC4's protag is flat out the most retarded and unlikable protagonist in recent memory, and that's a fucking feat because tameem's shitty reboot of DMC exists.

Thanks for the good write-ups, anons. That honestly doesn't even sound worth a pirate anymore. Shame, since I found 3's story to be surprisingly good with some great characters which was the last thing I went into that experience expecting. I guess I'll just replay 3 again if I get the urge for more FC.

programmer for a big company here, i get 90k for sitting and pressing keyboard keys

roblox

But you live in SF which means that buys you a backyard tent.

Heavy Machining

If you want to weld buy a stick welder, it's a cheap hobby and a profitable skill.

What am I in for Holla Forums? I don't mind mindlessly welding over and over again but how hard is Welding Theory?

Welding theory really isn't that much to take in to be honest. At least for what it takes to become a welder - I'm sure whitecoat fags study the metals and the effects of welding to an insane lvl. The techniques aren't usually that hard either to understand - groove welds are pretty tough tbh.

The thing that's tough with welding is constantly laying down symmetrically stacked beads all day in completely different positions - while still passing xray.

An aqaintance of mine is welding some oil rig / windmill plantation every few months and welding for some big pharmaceutical company the rest

guy makes 300k and is only 25

bear in mind this is one of those people that can weld in a mirror underwater upside down, he isnt fucking around thats for sure.

There are really only a few games that let you weld, and its all locking doors and shit.
I considered welding, is it hard to get into?

Nah, just sign up at community college, unless you have a badass shop and lots of money to teach yourself. It can be hard to get into a premium welding position though such as union (milwright/boilermaker) or pipeliner where the money's at..

I nearly forgot about this game I fished out of the bargain bin. It has a welding mini-game when making a monster and I found properly laying a bead or as best as you can with a WII mote or a PS2 stick actually works. Game gets quite boring though.