Sword and Sandal Games

Hack and slashan, sword fightan games. And yes I've already played the Dark Souls games. Preferably with a lot of weight to the fighting, stamina mechanics like in Dark Souls, and dying in three or so sword strikes.

Other urls found in this thread:

agame.com/game/swords-and-sandals---gladiator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So absolutely unrealistic I take?
Dark souls is fucking garbage.

You want real time action game or a turn based RPG?

Chivalry is still pretty fun.

Shadow of Rome is good.

Remember the real sword and sandal games. The flash ones. i was never able to buy the full game

The best, To bad they didn't make a sequel

Dungeon crawling with some pretty great combat. People like to compare it to souls games these days. Fell off GOG a while ago so good luck finding it.

That game was awesome. Plus the lighting effects were amazing for the time. Too bad it has no sequel.

Ex Anima, the tech demo for Sui Generis is pretty good for that. It controls nothing like other games (all the movement of your characters body is actually physics based) so have fun getting your shit kicked in before figuring out how to fight properly.

There's really not much to do other than that unfortunately.

Anyone know where I can find a full version of the Swords and Sandals game where you command an army?
Also why did the devs have to make the design for the game absolutely garbage after that board game? Swords and Sandals 3 is fairly meh and 4-5 are just garbage-tier

The company that made the best sword and board game of all time is now making yearly Call of Duty installments.

that game is fucking dogshit and you know it

Exactly what I thought after reading OP.

Bushido Blade 1 and 2 for the Playstation and Gladiator Begins for PSP are the ones I can think of. However in the former there is no stamina mechanic, but swinging wildly is a surefire way to get kille and latter enemies will rarely die in a few hits, it depends on how much armour they have and what weapon you have and stuff like that. Also in Gladiator Begins you can knock out an enemy's helmet or gauntlet or any other piece of armour and then pick it up and use it TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, very recommended

in the latter*

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Realistic damage variables will have you dieing based on where you hit in X amount of strikes. Being constantly tapped on your arm shouldn't kill you in three hits but say goodbye to your arm.

Colosseum: Road to Freedom

Not particularly good though, lthough the is Rome you can customize your character and advance in an arcane branching storyline that is short (because it's about you being a Gladiator slave) and unforgiving (if you fail to trigger the right story events you get thrown into a gauntlet of endless fighting over and over again where if you fail even once you're summarily executed as you beg for mercy). Great character customization.

Man that game was fun.

a true challenge isn't so painless, you faggot. Go download the berserk Millenium Falcon game for pcsx2 and experience true difficulty and active, visceral combat. Expert only, no doubt the second boss will kick your ass

agame.com/game/swords-and-sandals---gladiator

Not really, it's just retarded like it's dev.

Suggest a good game or kill yourself.

Mount & Blade might scratch your itch for a bit, OP. It's mostly about leading dudes and conquering shit, though.
It has an emphasis on mounted combat, but you can succeed just as well with a balanced infantry/archer force and good tactics.
The combat has no stamina, but you will go down in a few good hits unless you're in heavy armour and fighting peasants.
It's got four directions you can block/attack from, the speed of the weapon influences damage (so for example moving left while swinging left gives a bonus), and there's a parry system that lets you block an attack at the same time as you prepare your swing.
There's a good variety of weapons, from swords to staves to bows to throwing weapons. If you find it lacking you can try one of the many mods.
Get Warband, not the original. Ignore With Fire and Sword unless you're into muskets.

the citizen kane of sword fighting games