Old games you prefer over the current one

Old games you prefer over the current one.
eg1. SF4 > SFV
eg2. DiabloII > D3

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/sf4
mikezsez.blogspot.ca/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boom

If we're talking fighting games I prefer 2k2um over 14 but 14 is still pretty sweet. I prefer GGXXAC+R over Xrd, BlazBlue is probably the only one where I like the most up to date version.

I honestly can't think of a single game where the newest installment is the best.

From what I've played so far, Etrian Odyssey V might be the best game in the series.

MDK1 > MDK2

Worms Armageddon > the rest

Witcher 2 > Witcher 3

Wing Commander: The Price of Freedom > Wing Commander: Prophecy

Just about every single fucking modern game.

HM1 > HM2

I've wanted to get into Blazblue for a while so I can try more new fighting games, but Blazblue honestly feels like it's weeb as hell. Should I still try it, if I'm not that big into weebshit?

Do you like fighting games? I like the mechanics a lot and it's not the weebiest thing in the world.

The Xrd series is shit and you know it. Everything past +r has completely lost its identity.

3s > SF4/SFV

if you get triggered with anime girls maybe you should quit gaming and go hunting or something more manly

I like Diablo 3 better than Diablo 2. The game just feels better to me.

can you tell us more reasons besides "it feels better"

Not really no, aside from slight delay between attacks, and missing. I also like how specific sets have specific styles of play, due to their buffs.

I never did get into complex builds with D2 though.

I don't know, I poured around 40 to 60 hours into D2, and easily over 100+ into D3.

Max Payne 1 > Max Payne 2 & 3
KoF 2002 > KoF 2013
Red Alert 2 > Red Alert 3
64 & Melee > Brawl & Sm4sh

Maybe in terms of mechanics and graphics, but not balance
reddit.com/r/sf4

mgs2
ace combat 3

Witcher 1 > Witcher 2

Mother > Earthbound

I just like the music better; it's more passionate.

SFIII over any other. at first I hated it but it's the perfect mix of SFII's pixel-perfect controls and Alpha etc's excellent sprite design and animations

goddammit i wish that the only friend I had who was really into SFIII hadn't sold me out and become my mortal enemy, because I have been dying to bust somebody's fucking face with a shoryuken for some time and not have to play SFV: Half The Game Is DLC :^) or SFIV: Shitty Hitboxes Edition

Ninja Gaiden 1+2 > Ninja Gaiden 3

This applies to the newer NG games too
Black + 2 > Razor's Edge

NEVER EVER

Hey user, do you plan on PC? I play a bit of SF3 over fight cade every now and then, I'm always up for losing to new people.

Well, I think it is unanimous that if you enjoy dark souls in the slightest, 3 was not the best one.

It's got some cool shit. Just play it for a while and see if you actually like it. I like playing as the ghost that runs away and tries to curse you so that he can faceroll you into hell. Negative edging the bugs is actually pretty fun and cool to do.

Then I'd say you're wrong. I believe that Dark Souls has had a net improvement across every sequel.

There's still anons here who think 2 is the best the franchise has to offer. The best Dark Souls is objectively 1.

Only one worth your time is Demons Souls

60fps sprites, a great engine but killed fireball zoning and terribly imbalanced. A flawed masterpiece.
mikezsez.blogspot.ca/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html

Fireball zoning is really gay turtle shit anyways.

Diablo 1 and 2 over Diablo 3
Final Fantasy I to VI, VIII and IX over the others
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire over the following ones
Binding of Isaac over Rebirth/Afterbirth

Ragnarok Online>Ragnarok Online 2

Thanks for reminding me why I avoid any discussions about fighting games on image boards.

Tell me user, does it hurt?

You bet it does. Seeing people praise street fighter 4 or even 3s feels like ducks swimming over water. It really shows why fighting games developed the way they did and how pretty much these people who never learn from past experiences bought fighting games to decay.

Whenever you ask these people why sf4 is good it's always some dumb shit like 'oh look i can do these 1f links', 'oh look at this amazing setplay' or 'option selects are so cool'. Like any of those things actually make the game game and it's not just autopilot shit.

3s fans are probably the most delusioned. They have this perverted definition of parries being a 'mind game'.

The guy who said xrd doesn't have the 'guilty gear personality' is probably top 10 most idiotic statement i ever read and i've been on the internet since it was an university only thing. I'm sure grinding those FRC combos make for some really in depth gameplay, ey buddy?

I hate talking about fighting games on image boards, no, the internet because no one likes to game. Everyone just likes autopilot shit and as fancy stuff comes out they feel good. Might as well just play an action game if you only like being rewarded for input execution.

Didn't shirtless guy won more matches? Why are they crowning the other as the champ?

Revelator > AC+R fight me faggots
I mained Johnny when he was among the worst in the game

This looks (((cinematic))) as fuck though. Especially that moment when he jumps of a cliff to escape horde of enemies instead of fighting them.

You know I'll humor you. Why do you prefer Revelator?

He came from losers so shirtless had to reset the bracket (ie win) the first best to 3 match to be even.

Old Star Wars Battlefront > New one

X-COM: UFO Defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown >>> Nu SJW X-COM

Civ 2 and Civ 4 >>> Civ 5 and 6

Old Firaxis and MicroProse >>> New Firaxis.

Street fighter tournaments run on winner and loser brackets. This is to make up for any potential bad match ups and give each competitor more chance to show their skill.

It basically goes like this:

Preliminary rounds to cut out all the fat, if you lose here you're out for good. Then onto quarterfinals, if you lose here you're not booted out, from here the tourney splits into the winner and loser brackets. Both brackets have a semifinals and finals, and the winner from each bracket goes onto the grand finals. If you lose in the winner semifinals or finals, you don't transition to the losers bracket, you're out of the tourney. The winners bracket champion, since they did not lose in the quarter finals, only has to win one match to be the grand champion, while the loser bracket champion has to win two.

Is that Akuma player retarded? Just walk up to the Ryu, fucking sweep him and you've won the match.

Street Fighter EX2 Plus > Street Fighter V
Pokemon Gen 1 through 5 > Pokemon Gen 6 and 7

Wow that looks cool as fuck. What's the story on this? When is this coming out?

Melee > Brawl + Tr4sh
Super Monkey Ball > Super Monkey Ball 2 > Super shitty ball 3ds
Every other street fighter > SFV

SF2 forever?