Video games became boring

Why i can't hook up to play any video games anymore? Last games i actually enjoyed were HoMM3, Quake 3, UT2004 and Civilization 5. Why the fuck i can't enjoy anything else for long? Last open world game i ever managed to force myself to complete was Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, and i couldn't proceed playing the other two expansions.

Why its so hard to find enjoyable video games those days? When i was a kid i always get up from my bed with video games in my mind, and i coudn't wait to turn on the console or PC. Nowadays i hate that i wake up alive.

You have depression

Oh boy, that's explains everything. I now have to take those jewish anti-depression pills to enjoy video games again?

I lost interest in playing video games gradually. I used to wonder how someone could just stop liking video games, and now here I find myself. I don't know what it is, user. They aren't as fun as they used to be.

Requesting that post about the realization that you can't stay in your room forever or you got burnt out, etc.

God damn it you fucking assholes are gonna make me write this again

You're depressed, your perception is warped and you're literally not seeing straight

Exercise, start sleeping better hours. Have irl battles to fight, it'll make you feel alive to have a struggle. Vidya and all media are just there to highlight real life, so find something to care about

Get a dog

Is right. I'm doing exactly what he's saying and my mood's lifted. Getting closer with my family despite our fights in the past, getting fit, self study and practice programming, and I've been able to enjoy vidya more, since it's not the only thing in my life but it's the one thing I have to myself/my lifetime Internet buddies, when I'm done at the gym or interacting with family for the day. Next step is to save up to continue studying Computer Science to get my paper validation.

Yeah.
Take one of these.
That's it, should be enough.
As a side effect Holla Forums will suddently improve too with less shit threads.

fucking worthless scum nobody cares about you or your feelings
STOP SPAMMING Holla Forums WITH SHIT TREADS NIGGER

I second these posts tbh

These "games are shit nowadays" threads are the worst type of cancer and it's been going rampant in the past month. I suggest the people who make make these threads get permabanned to help them move on with their life and to stop the flood of shit threads.

Why don't you do the obvious thing and get some sunshine and a therapist? Or better yet, you can do everyone a favor and kill yourself so there's one less depressed retard making "videogames aren't fun anymore" threads.

FUCKING THIS

you fucking retard

What's with the influx of "games are boring pls tell me what to play" threads?

They're either nu-rugga threads or there's a strange metaphysical wave of realization that video games are, in fact, shit.

I've been there. Loving games again at the moment, but around March I had to stop playing for a few weeks. I just watched a lot of films, finishing off Tarkovsky's work as just one example, to fill the time video games held. It was nice and I got back into video games big league.

fucking americans, the very first moment someone stops enjoying ONE THING they're eager to drown you in anti-depression pills. That's how you control a society.

I stopped giving a damn about games and childish movies (meaning stuff that doesn't >makes you think). Every other aspect in my life is still normal, just can't deal with (((media))) anymore because you hit 30 and realize it's a fucking waste of time. (((they))) want you to feel depressed in you don't enjoy and pay for (((their productions))), you silly goy. Mass entertainment is a new thing in human history, yet if you don't feel CONSTANT HAPPINESS BY CONSUMING MEDIA you are depressed. 99.99999999999999% of the humans through history would be medically depressed by today's standards. (((Psychiatrists))) would literally recommend to the stoics that they should kill themselves.

Discontent is the beginning of the enlightenment. And society wants to deny you that. They don't want you awake. They want you consuming stuff, not realizing what's happening around you. If you somehow start seeing through the facade, it doesn't matter, with substitute games and movies with anti-depression pills. Anything to keep you dormant.

if you're so enlightened unlike the rest of us then why the hell are you still on Holla Forums?

This

The solution: Stop playing video games for a while. The entertainment medium is rife with escapism and shittiness, the oversaturation of the market is luring unfulfilled people in and keeping them down. The fact that you're not enjoying it anymore means you're not enjoying other aspects of your life. Stop playing video games, stop watching movies/tv, stop spending long hours on imageboards. Go out and work on improving yourself, become fulfilled and then come back.

I suggest seeking an education or a job. Find an area of study you prefer or a job you don't hate and work hard at it, start earning money. Then you need to start getting physical. Working out does wonders for depression, sports are good for your health and they teach you to take a beating and not pussy out of everything and then start improving your romantic life, find someone you like and thinks cute, and they don't have to be real. Just find a someone to love and strive for. After that you'll find that life itself is empty, but at least you have a good structure, then you can go back to video games and time wasting, but you'll be a better, more successful person.

I legit think that the biggest cause of depression in the first world is letting people have access to all these things like video games, movies, television, and music. In the olden days people didn't have this and they strived and worked to better themselves so they could experience it. It creates a way for people to escape even if they haven't earned it, it's like masturbation. Your body interprets masturbation the same way it interprets sex. When you jack off too much your body starts to think that it's settled down and it begins to settle down as well, which will conflict with your conscious desires and goals. You'll see them and crave them but you just don't feel the drive to attempt to attain them. You'll become apathetic to everything and this leads to depression bad, and apathy means a slow and depressing death with many unfulfilled desires.

Stop jacking off, stop playing video games, stop relying on other medias for wish fulfillment, stop trusting modern society to provide instant fixes. Follow your dreams and become a man already, it will take a while, years even, but it's worth it. Do it for happiness, user.

Oh yeah, to add to this:

Personally this is also why I think pirates amass huge collections of video games and never play any of them. It's like that episode of Spongebob where Squidward eats his first Crabby Paddy and he just can't stop, but in reality each one becomes slightly less delicious until it's just something you eat, but you can't stop, chasing those desires and feelings that the first one gave you. Pirates are seeking joy like everyone else but they don't feel the joy anymore, in fact they get more pissing off people, shitposting, and arranging their massive collections in neat little folders or icon arrangements because it's low effort and makes them feel like they're doing something.

I mean, there is a reason people feel better about playing a game they've actually spent money on, some people say that's because they don't want to feel they've wasted it, but I think there is a different answer that goes along with this. When you buy a game you feel like you've earned the right to play it, you've spent your hard earned money on this and you're going to enjoy it. It's silly, but yeah, people enjoy things they've bought leagues more than people who got them for free. I'm not saying buy everything. Personally if you want to be happier I think you need to stop buying anything extraneous and focus on becoming a happier person instead of resorting to escapism.

Or you could just be like this user and blame Jews for your own failings.

Different user but if you honestly don't believe a lot of today's apathy is caused by the pills psychology hands out like free fucking candy and the narrative being fed to the general lemming population that you need said candy to be happy I don't know what to tell you.

Here on the east coast I'm literally surrounded by benzombies. Their only failings were getting hooked on those fucking things in highschool from some psychologist their parents forced them to see after hearing about depressing on oprah. I can't blame people for being born stupid and gullible, and if you weren't its your job to at least try to inform them.

Psychology is a fucking disgusting field in its current state and its not hard to see that jews are heavily involved in it despite being such a minority among the population of western countries.

I'm not saying self improvement isn't the way to go, but a lot of folks are simply so bogged down by medications they will not budge from their comfort zone because they lack the foresight to and live in the now thanks to those drugs and the constant societal reinforcement of their use.

Make no mistake, we are at war and this is one of the weapons. These people aren't just lazy.

You had a good thing going until you dismissed what that guy had to say. You both point out two different, real factors.

We were saying the same thing but he was "DA JEWS ARE THE REASON I'M SO UNHAPPY!"

If you're blaming others for your own personal happiness then you're just in denial.

way to misread what I've say. I've said that happiness doesn't depend on media consumption and our ability or inability to enjoy vacuous media shouldn't imply mental illness. I was way more unhappy when I enjoyed all kinds of media, because I was blind to what was happening around and drowning myself in vidya and stuff. Don't get offended for implying that A) jews dominate the entertainment business and B) jews dominate the psychology field (both true), unless you're a jew yourself

So if some mudslime broke into my house and raped my daughter, I shouldn't blame him that his the reason I'm upset about it…

play different shit , hell play a sports game if you never played them before.

reminds me of that swedish (I think) guy who got his daughter killed by rapefugees and he said he didn't hold a grudge for them

And jacking off feels life altering the first few times you do it, then you get used to it. It's hollow enjoyment, chasing a feeling you had once upon a time.

You're just depressed user, and instead of taking steps to better yourself you're screaming jews all the while immersing yourself into the very media they make, because you're a weak individual who fell into the trap.

You should have shot that mother fucker as soon as you heard your daughter screaming. Don't you own guns? Also you'd be able to afford home security if you got off your ass, got a good job, and paid for it. Be upset that you were incapable of protecting her, Hell, you could have bought her a gun too, unless you're from some Orwellian shit country.

into the trash it goes

You're a retard

EVERYBODY LAUGH AT THESE
PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL FAGGOTS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Once you're an adult you're responsible for your own actions. The Jews aren't holding you down and forcefeeding you pills. They're just employing the same old marketing tactics that they have been for the last 50 years. You're making it out to be brainwashing.

True actually. Jews are victims because they have the burden of being in charge.

I'm sure they'd love it if that burden was removed. :^)

Because simulated adventure isn't real adventure.

No you weren't. He was pointing out the poisonous industry of psychology affecting a percentage of the population to which some anons could be affected while you were explaining depression and lack of direction is a reason why some of us could feel pessimistic to playing new video games.

videogames have in fact, become shit.

just browse through the steam catalog, and im not talking about the Deals™, im talking about category catalog.

yesterday i browsed through about 100 pages of one of the sections and didn't find a single game that fulfilled these two conditions:
1-haven't played it yet
2-not be shit

its nothing but diablo clones, cheap ass RPG maker garbage, "epic" indie 2d platformers, walking simulators with no gameplay other than interact with object, anime 2D shooters, et c.

we both know that's just empty bullshit talk lacking any meaning, don't you meme me with your shia lebouf crap mister

Congratulations OP, you are growing up.

There is a difference between waiting for your dreams to happen and then making them happen. You can make them happen if you try hard enough, but that's work most people don't want to do. Being successful is hard work, user.

Imagine if Bethesda hadn't purposefully nuked Quake Live for their upcoming title.

meme motivation talk doesn't include dreams not considered "acceptable" by the normalfags, dreams outside the realm of reality, and the fact that some people have no dreams. its aimed at people whose dreams are lowtier

going back to videogames, everything is shit and/or a clone of something that already exists, because there no longer is any quality control and the popular engines that come out give retards the ability to shit out bad games en masse, like RPGmaker and Unity. Good things can be made with those mind you, but they need competent people using them.

there are still some good games coming out occasionally, but they're few and far from each other.

When you first play games you think anythings possible and get immersed in the world. Once you've played them long enough you see right through them and can tell right away what is and isn't possible.

you make some good points but this
is horseshit.

just looking at music alone, I haven't actually paid for music in over 5 years, yet I do not perceive any diminished enjoyment of the music I do consume. with games I might occasionally put down money for a game I've pirated (not lately though), and when that does happen it doesn't suddenly turn into a better game, I don't put down money thinking hey I should pay for this so the game will become even MORE fun!!11

I rediscovered speed/thrash metal. Makes me feel good.

At least you're not addicted with the fact that if you get anywhere near a video game you get as brain addled as a xanax user.

You should play Call of Pripyat, then, it's infinitely bet-

The fuck? First of all, CoP is not an expansion, it's a sequel. I don't know how you could enjoy SoC but not CoP when CoP is just a straight upgrade in every single category.

This is all either a case of stupid or a case of pathetic.

thats a lot of turn based strategy. try something different

golf games are easy to get in to if you arent a big sports guy, the rules are very simple. you just put the ball in the cup

The only game I can stand to play nowadays is Dwarf Fortress. Everything else just feels so boring and uninteresting.

Jews, not Americans. Most of these people prescribing drugs to young men for very little reason are Jews.

Most new games are shit. With that being said, there is no way OP has played all the good games ever made or even some of the more recent ones that are good/worth playing.
The influx is probably related to the typical end-of-year depression that is common pretty much everywhere. People tend to feel depressed/more depressed around this time of the year.

I'm almost 30 and I still enjoy games. Of course, being a father and working full time leaves you with less time to play. Probably if I were playing as many hours as I was back in high-school I would be bored of games already too. You need to pace yourself, do something else in-between, pick up a different hobby for a while/on the side, etc.

Play some old shit. I thought games weren't enjoyable anymore too until a friend of mine busted out the NES and we played that all night having a great fucking time. And please understand this wasn't a nostalgia trip for me, the NES was before my time, games like Super Mario Bros and Castlevania are just straight up fun
The problem is games these days are too worried about competitive balance or telling a story and forget that they should first and foremost be fun and challenging. I also blame the death of local multiplayer on why games suck so much these days. Think of your fondest memories of video games. I guarantee at least half of them were playing some kind of local multiplayer game.
Games sucking post 2007 is not a meme, it's the reality of the situation. And if you look back at the games that released that year, it becomes abundantly clear why 2007 is the year that killed vidya

I don't know about you fam, but I want to play some video games right now

>you wouldn't…PIRATE A GAME
Kill yourself.

Yes just be good goyim and work at kosher jobs to make money for jews!
How else could they finance their anti-White propaganda if you don't turn a profit for Mr Golberg's business venture?

EXCUSE us, Shlomo, for not buying your shitty DA:I or new CoD or new BF or Skyrim or nuDoom or NoMan'sSky or nuGodofWar or any of the other worthless shit that game designers and publishers shat out in the past 1 to 10 years.
Kill yourself.

REMINDER THAT THE WOMAN WHO REPORTED THE BRITISH ROTHERHAM RAPES WENT TO A 3-DAY "DIVERSITY TRAINING" """COURSE/WORKSHOP""" FOR CULTURAL INTOLERANCE

You argue like a fucking woman.
just fucking kill yourself Mordecai

/vpol/ never fails to amaze.

Are you really copy/pasting this same exact post in every threads like this ?

While you raise a good point, neither user in your post said anything about pills. Hell, the second user gave legitimate advise to improve oneself. Exercise is fucking great.

There's an ebb and flow to video games. I hated them for a few years and now I've been playing command and conquer and Arma 3 and having a blast. Take a break

People told me Holla Forums would fuck off back to their containment board after the election