Integrated graphics

This thread is for the toastiest of the toasters, those too pleb for a dedicated GPU. I've been looking into games that run on this kind of shit other than the classic ones like thief, half life or deus ex.
I was surprised by how well some full 3D games from 2004-2006 run, stuff like Sudeki or Hitman Blood Money. Now I have 4 gb RAM, which isn't bad for a toaster, but still. I'm now confident there's a wealth of 3D games that run where toaster owners wouldn't even entertain the thought.
What other surprisingly easy to run games do you know of, anons ?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/8G8i2cWM0KqL_pc_gaming.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get an Intel Atom PC for 99 bucks so you at least have the modern definition of toaster and not an ancient toaster

IIRC, some semi-dated benchmarks showed that Bay Trail (around 2013) CPUs like those quad-core Celeron CPUs had finally reached the power parity of a Core2 Duo with only ~10 watts of power

I'll go to Holla Forums if I want advice like this. I want to talk purely about the games' side of things.

How the fuck do you run dude sex? I tried it on my toaster and it doesn't even run at 30 fps, same goes for thief 2, while the original ran at silky smooth 60 frames with no drops even while streaming for a friend 2 is so fucking wonky and fucking unplayable.
Having a toaster is the worst thing that can happen to anyone, all my friends hate me because I can't even run arma gold.
Also, stay away from fortune summoners, even if it's 2D and it looks toaster friendly it's actually an unoptimised piece of shit and it runs at literally 1 fps not even exaggerating or making this shit up.
sorry for the blogpost but this shit makes me want to crossword puzzle myself

from 2007 to 2010 I had a PC with 256MB RAM, a Pentium 4 processor and motherboard-integrated ATI graphics. From what I remember I used to play:
and a few others I can't remember.

Grab an older version of MAME and loads of roms for it. Newer versions sacrifice efficiency for accuracy, so they won't run as well. Can't say exactly when they started doing that, so you'll have to look it up yourself.

I'm pretty sure that most of the old school games in GOG's library are playable for you. What are your exact toaster specs?

Are laptop GPUs a thing?
It would be nice to play something that isn't Emulators or worms, or Undertale Yellow

This, with a few caveats.

mGBA is the best GBA emulator now, being far more faster and accurate than its competition. VBA was great for it's time, but mGBA has VBA outclassed in every way now.

There's ZSNES for SNES emulation, and since it was last updated in 2007 it's good for shitty computers. Although higan is a more accurate SNES emulator (the audio is notably better) it's slower than ZSNES, so I still recommend ZSNES for people on toasters.

Ye. If you are talking about integrated graphics, then every laptop has that, and integrated graphics nowadays are decent for anything pre-2012

If you want a dedicated GPU in a laptop then expect to be paying $1000+, and don't expect great battery life.

I was hoping you could say a card I could pry open my laptop and get a card.

Yeah, even the creator of VBA himself said MGBA is better. stick to MGBA always, although GBA emulators run on anything, i played a lot of gba games flawleslly with VBA on some 2002 office notebook that had a single core 2.2ghz pentium and some random ATI gpu

Yes, both integrated and dedicated gpus for laptops are a thing

Some games off the top of my head:

Check the best of 200X lists and search for the games you like on Game Debate to see if you can run them or not.

This might be useful also (can't upload it here sorry)
a.uguu.se/8G8i2cWM0KqL_pc_gaming.jpg

yes you can
although that list should have recent history just cut off of it, with 2012 most of the games are shit and after that not a single good game is on the list

I only know one example - Volgarr the Viking.

It runs like shit on my SLI, but runs smoothly on a 300 buck shit laptop with intergrated Intel.

Disable the SLI fatso.

I've tried it both abled and disabled. I don't know what the problem is, but on the intergrated GPU it runs 70-80 fps, on mine it can dip below 20 at parts.

I have an old laptop with Intel i3, 4Gb RAM and a old 500Mb Radeon GPU.

Good enough for anime, JRPGs and VNs. I was surprised Fairy Fencer actually plays.

Threw windows 10 LTSB on it and the damn thing still runs like a charm. Battery is dead though.

ayy lmao

That only works with alienware computers. and is like $200 isn't it?

Yes, and you need to get the GPU separately

technically it's possible to make an external GPU work in any laptop with a recent intel CPU. But it needs a fair amount of techincal knowledge to get them to work.

ultimately it always brings the question of "why didn't user just get a desktop?".