Twin Stick shooters

Post good twin stick shooters.

Here: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentproject.se/e62a67971d2490280580d7851530e9d54ff2570f/Death-Road-To-Canada-v29-10-SPLEEN-rar-torrent.html
slay.one/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off with your shit taste. Also hotline miami is a good twin stick.

I mean, it pretty much is honestly. If you use a controller you do use a twin stick setup. I wouldn't use it as it's primary identifier, but it's not inaccurate.

On topic, Beat Hazard is good as a twin stick shooter, and it lets you listen to your own music as the level.

I bet you're just mad you can't beat the game with the lost.

Just tried out the assault android cactus demo to see if it works on integrated graphics. It does, and seems fun. I'll get back to you upon further inspection.

I actually liked the one that came with the first Blops. Also Dead Nation or whatever that was on PSN back in the day.

Purple S+ everything or don't play it.

Nigga rebirth is on every platform, and has had a drm free version since day fucking one.

I'm actually not kidding, either.

Alright, I really want to like this game, but after losing the same level ten times because of the battery mechanic, I do not have fun anymore. No matter how fast I try to kill enemies, batteries spawn when I'm at 20% of my energy bar, and said bar depletes so blazingly fast it's a crapshoot whether I actually get the battery in time after it spawns. To be fair I think it might be a performance problem from my laptop. Like, if batteries activated instantaneously I wouldn't think this is a poorly mechanic. But as things stand, it's less a game and more praying an item activates fast enough before I die.

Assault Android Cactus is great.

Fun gameplay and good soundtrack.

can someone tell me what the "plot" of isaac is? i dont like that style of game so i most likely wont bother playing it, but the creepy plot seemed interesting.

Bro, batteries DO activate as soon as you grab them; the moment you pick it up, it starts refilling the meter.

The battery system is similar to extra lives, it just has a different skin. "Kill enough enemies to get a score high enough to get an extra life" is very similar to "Kill enough enemies to make a battery spawn". I've noticed that when you're at low battery, the battery pickups will spawn more frequently. There have been countless times when I've grabbed a battery at a sliver of power left.

When you hear that "Battery here!", you better make a mad dash straight to it, even though it sticks around for a while. Also the speed boost pickup makes batteries and the white weapon powerups gravitate toward you.

Practice, brother! Abuse the hell out of your special weapon and head for pickups the moment you see 'em.

This game makes me sweat; I love it.

The only plot there is to isaac is the opening sequence (basically just the biblical binding of isaac) and autists speculating on ten-seconds long endings. All that's left for you is the aesthetics it seems.

Thing is, I got the gist of all that, I am trying to kill shit as fast as I can, but suspect my toaster can't work the replenishing process fast enough before I die. Let me illustrate.
In hectic sequences I barely scrape by every time, I can't shake the feeling this isn't the way it's supposed to happen. As though the game is slowed by my poor framerate, but the energy bar emptying is happening at a silky smooth 60fps.

Also a couple small things:
Getting a battery while you're in the red makes it refill more energy
Missing one battery isn't the end of the world (in the campaign that is), the game will give you a second one much faster, missing that second one though is where you're gonna have to hurry the fuck up.
Bosses always spawn one each phase regardless and one boss in particular only spawns super batteries that refill more energy (no visual difference)

Try "-force-d3d11", it was removed because it broke some things (but apparently doesn't anymore) and the framerate boost is appreciable.

Makes me wish I had a ps4 so I could play this again.

When is Afterbirth + coming out?

Thoughts on these?

lol

lol

Ive been wanting a game, Helldivers, and im pretty sure its a twin stick
anyone tried it?

Alien Shooter 2 is Diablo 2 clone with twin stick shooter combat.
It's one of the best games ever made and is underrated as fuck.

Helldivers it's great but make sure you have a pal to play with because the pubfags in this are particularly fucking BAD

hory shitto
Slow as fuck black hole tear and missiles that kill every boss in one hit and STILL spawn a dozen Void holes afterwards.
When did they add the Holy Veil to The Lost? Is it an Antibirth thing or did Edmund finally wise to Lost being an unfair shit challenge?

So excited for Automata. Hope PC version is both good and comes out the same time as PS4.

Oh my fucking nigga. My favorite genre.
Some personal favorites of mine:

I picked a few up during the sale, hopefully they're bretty good and not shit.

Dead Tier:

Not gonna lie though, I don't really like Binding of Isaac all that much. It's a fine game, just not for me.

Hotline Miami is pretty good, but I don't really see that as a twin stick shooter since the only way you should be playing that game is with melee only.

They gave him the item to take max 1 damage a room in afterbirth.
You had to fill up the greed machine with about 800 coins for that to unlock.

It's an Afterbirth thing that got ported to Antibirth. In Afterbirth Lost starts with D4 and Holy Mantle, after you unlock them in Greed mode. It actually makes him sort of high tier, in my shitty opinion.

Patrician taste user.

800c in greed mode makes lost have holy mantle

Shame though since d4 kills it so whats the point and also half the items are still useless on him (eg breakfast vs mom items)

Maybe if you get a dmg+ item in the first room, otherwise the game becomes quite sluggish.

There are people out there willing to stab themselves in the dick in order to have a challenge, that's the point.

Sometimes you get a run so shitty that holy mantle is not worth the 20 HP+ items you got.

It's still a bad approach at it since the D4 can quickly exhaust the itempool and any further roll will result in you having 50+ breakfast

If you didn't like Isaac you'll probably like Gungeon even less. Or not I dunno, how ell do you like your bullethells?

Thanks, i never bought Afterbirth and looks like I was right to do it since Afterbirth+ comes out next week and Vinny from Vinesauce said it prevents Antibirth from launching.

On D4:
I think it's a good idea. It gives players back the challenge of vanilla Lost. You don't have to use it all the time, but you can reroll your Mantle from the get-go. Sure it's up to chance what you'll end up with, but that's the nature of the BoI beast, isn't it?

My personal go to, I just go to the "chill out" mode and listen to Synthwave.

That's like saying Fireball is bad in MtG because you might target yourself.

Breakfasting happens only if you abuse the SHIT out of the d4, I'm talking constant rerolls, all the time, no matter what. Otherwise, you're replacing what you have for an equal amount of new items. Threfore, if you use it on, say, the third floor, that's replacing six items for six new ones. Even if you use it four more times, you've only burned through 30 items. Which is less than a tenth of Afterbirth items. d4 and d100 are both nearly OP because you can just, at some point, stop.

There IS, though, an item that forces rerolls every floor. That shit will kill you.

On another note: Antibirth is pretty fucking solid, especially to hold yourself over until Plus.

Make sure you have a key, two bombs, and two spirit hearts as you hit the second, fourth, and sixth floor, respectively. The alternate floors each have a 'puzzle', solve those and you get a knife fragment. I'm assuming that these are used to fight Anti-birth's own Megasatan and unlock Jacob.

The Mausoleum also has a second half to some of its floor-plans, literally double item rooms, etc if you have enough keys to reach the teleporter.

Some bosses unlock extra shit and drop more stuff if you interact in certain ways in antibirth.

Okay, I'm done shilling for a mod.

NO I'M NOT THE MUSIC IS FUCKING ACE

Thank you.

I gave Gungeon a go this morning, it's pretty fun.

I wish there were more twin-stick shooters with online co-op though.

Give Xenoraptor a try, seems like people forget about it or ignore it because early access, but it's very good.

I wish for that thing to be coded much better than that
I mean, look at others like Smash TV. The graphics aren't really worse than Isaac, yet the game runs nice and there's no case when you have HUGE FUCKING BLACK LINES covering half the screen.

Oh, and the most funny thing ? The help for correcting said lags and bugs come from the fanbase, and don't even help half the problems. Because the devs just don't care about dealing with it.

Who is the retard who programmed this shit, why can't fucking pentagram or something be the you ran out the item pool item?

You know what you'll have to program with mod tools when Afterbirth+ rolls out, next week.

I shouldn't have to reprogram bad game design.
That and I exe modded antibirth to replace the no pools item with pentagram already

Definitely. Which is actually my complain here -
By chance, does Antibirth correct that ?

No, empty item pools is still breakfast. It's significantly harder to drain the pools in antibirth since unlike afterbirth taking certain items doesn't remove other items from the pool.
A bonus of this is you can open up a room full of Cricket's Head chests.

Interesting. That spoiler is a nice power up.
I was talking about the lags and flickering though.

It's risk-reward you faggot. D4/D100 are already guaranteed wins as long as you don't reroll 30 times because Tech X + Ipecac + Guppy isn't good enough for you.

Oh yeah beg pardon for not considering the fact that at some point ALL of your items will turn into breakfast. Because guess what faggenrolla, if you manage to hit empty item pools it doesn't matter if anything was left, it is ALL turned into breakfast, or how having car battery in Afterbirth forces you to empty the item pool faster.

No, fuck you. Binding of Isaac is fun.
I'm not falling for your hipster memes.

I still dont understand how Chaos affects item pools. The description on the wiki makes it sound like you should eventually get whatever item you want

To correct that problem, here's what I suggest

Oh, and correct 's bug with, in the case of a full reroll with D4/D100, buffs and debuffs applied properly. Or make D4/D100 a limited number of uses per playthrough.

Every item pool is dumped into the same item pool.
However taking an item occasionally takes two out of the item pool, and POSSIBLY, chaos may or may not remove Restock from the item pool

Why not just make it so D4 and D100 don't empty item pools?
You're not going to empty an item pool with a D6, but with D4 and D100 you do every fucking time.

Just tried the demo for an hour.
Pretty fun, gets hard quick.
Multiplayer is empty though, but I'll write it up to EA and demo.

Only if you're an idiot to spams rerolling as I said. Knowing when to stop or when to gamble and keep going is part of those items. In the same way that some items have downsides or risks that you have to work around or be aware of.

Why people are talking about buffing two of the strongest active items when there are plenty of useless ones and actual terrible design choices, I don't understand.

I've been thinking of getting Helldivers. Should I?

Mate what I'm saying is that if you have say 30 items and the items left in the item pool are, quad shot, polyphemous, sacred heart, godhead and 25 other items Guess what happens if you reroll?
ALL TWENTY NINE OF THOSE ITEMS ARE REMOVED FROM THE POOL AND ARE TURNED INTO BREAKFAST
THAT'S FUCKING RETARDED

and to make it even more retarded, if you have carbattery and 9 other items, and there's 19 items left in the pool.
ALL NINTEEN ITEMS ARE GONE.
AND CAR BATTERY CAN REROLL INTO YOUR INVENTORY AND FORCE YOU TO WASTE LIKE 30 ITEMS OUT OF THE POOL NEXT TIME YOU REROLL

Free, short, and sweet as an apple pie. Shame they do not make any more levels.

(chegged)
or mods

But on greed mode the store pool gets replaced by another pool, i swear its only sold eg angel room items until that pool was done

That's just random chance, I mean unless you picked up rosary and the bible during it.

more like

more like

this sort of fits here if anyone wants to try this game.
torrentproject.se/e62a67971d2490280580d7851530e9d54ff2570f/Death-Road-To-Canada-v29-10-SPLEEN-rar-torrent.html

Shits fun and runs on my toaster computer.

Why the hell are you people rerolling so much? If you have 30 items and you've already been through most of the item pool to get there, what is it you could possibly need to finish the game?

I don't have much experience with the genre so I can't say if they are actually good or not, but I was impressed by how not shit the two mobile port Halo twin stick shooters are that are on steam.

It's more of an Organ Trail with real-time combat than a twin-stick shooter, but thanks anyway.

noice

BoI is not a "twin stick" shooter.

Val fuck off, your opinion doesn't matter.

That would be a decent point if you werent a namefaggot

This board is infested with under-40 babbies, enjoy your roguelikelikelike indie artworks fags

Most things refered to as twinstick now were limited to 8 directions back then just like Isaac.

Don't have to be 40+ to enjoy Robotron.

I'm not the real Frenchy. Was namefagging in a another thread to force Val to be anonymous. forgot to take off the name. When everyone is Val, no one will be.

Wait, this is the first time I've ever heard about secret boss drops. Tell me more!

Well that escalated quickly

See my other post.
Can you elaborate?

How's Satellite Reign? Reviews are saying controls and response times are wonky.

bump

On their site they mention adding support for the other DLC's later on.

Ran really badly even at the lowest settings for me. Ended up dropping it before I could actually play the meat of the game.

I'd torrent it to test it out, as far as I've seen it's a bit hit and miss.

Gauntlet was okay at best, but there were quite a few things that killed my enjoyment of the game

Yes, please continue to say that multiple times while I am BREAKING THE THING.
Suddenly made an enemy, that was fun to fight, a tedious affair.
There was really nothing special that kept me going
I really didn't think I was going to be so underwhelmed by the final boss, but they somehow did it.

I'm thankful that it was gifted to me. If I bought it myself, I'd be pretty pissed at myself for buying this crap.

How do you twin stick shoot in nier automata? I used default controls and you aimed with left and shoot with buttons.

You move with left, you aim with right (the camera). Any of the top down segments could be considered twin stick shooters. The firing button is not attached to aiming because it would interfere with non-top down segments.

slay.one/

If there's a firing button, it's not a twin stick shooter.

Enter the Gungeon is fun as fuck, but I could never git gud enough for consistent performance on later floors, despite having put almost 100 hours into the game. I'm bad at bullet hell but will still be buying Nier Automata

Why are you so silly, user

Anyone play this? I really enjoyed the the original game but never really paid attention to the reboot.

I am. Have it with me right here, only made it to the 3rd level I think, the one with data centers and a control room. It plays kinda wonky with the one thumbstick and there isn't much of an enemy variety, same aliums keep respawning off screen again and again. Inventory system seems alright, your bot-butt-buddy can craft different gear pieces every time you open the main menu. The weight system reminds me of STALKER in the sense that I HAVE TO STOP CARRYING 50 MEDKITS AND ALL THE AMMO, THE FUCKING HOARDER THAT I AM!

If you have any specific questions, ask away, I have the PSP with me here.

Would you say it's worth 5 bucks? I was just looking for something to give me a temporary fix until my copy of Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3: Final Stage shows up in a week and a half.

Ehhhh, I guess. It's definitely worth softmodding your PSP already, shit nigger what are you doing?

My psp is long dead and I've got some spare change on my PSN account that I don't plan on using anytime soon

What do people think the mod tools could fix about BoI? The biggest things I can think of are making enemy Crack The Sky/Daddy Long Legs stomps have a windup animation like other stomp/jump effects, and editing Womb bosses so they're actually challenging.

I know I really fucking hate cursed eye. Quite nearly every time you get hit, you get teleported, making the any character's run basically a Lost run.

Just remove the Cellar entirely. The game won't suffer for it.

Maybe just give it a different theme. Focused on creep enemies, for example. Also, the set pieces in Antibirth made me want something similar in the main game.

You should probably focus more on maneuvering than shooting in EtG. It's more important to be able to endure the bullet hell than to aim quickly since it takes a little while to kill things.

I just play the original. Rebirth added too much bullshit. You aint gonna sit there and tell me shit like every other enemy having brimstone, scaling boss health, "special" items being rarer is enjoyable. Also fuck the lost, the Blue baby is a good challenge character becuase you're punished way more for getting hit but its not an instant game over and he doesnt make like half the items completely useless.

It's times like this I remember Holla Forums is nothing but redditors and valvedrones any more.

I like Total Carnage more then Smash TV tbh

Remove the fucking damage scaling. Or at least tone it the fuck down. I have a literal fuck you build and it must remain a literal fuck you build. The game gave me tools to break it and I did break it, Edmund needs to stop being a salty bitch about the "muh difficulty".
Oh, and make trinkets actually fucking useful.

what are you going on about?

I gave Xenoraptor a whirl. I'm not too crazy about the space theme, but I like the mechanics a lot. Thanks, user!

Total Carnage was the exact opposite for me. I was super stoked to play Total Carnage after I had spent so much time in Smash TV, but I ended up hating it.

The scrolling put it into shmup territory, that removal of agency just isn't fun for me. Yet for whatever reason, I still played it through to the end. I think had I been given free reign to run around the map at my pace, it would've made the game 1000x more enjoyable - especially since the boss fights were pretty rad.

There is no difference in essence between this and reddit. Pride yourself on being an oldfag, you're just like the turn-based shitters who sneered at Doom because they couldn't handle the added complexity of real-time.

Redditors, Valvedrones, and people who contribute nothing to the conversation by complaining about the above.

Not to mention that almost no one plays the original anymore, Afterbirth or Antibirth is where it's at, and those aren't flash anyway, so what are you on about?

I have an idea for making the Cellar less irritating without being too drastic. Give all spider enemies a large chance (thinking 33%) to be rerolled into fly enemies or others.
Spider -> Attack Fly
B. Spider -> Full Fly
Level 2 Spider -> Level 2 Fly
Ticking Spider -> Boom Fly
Nest -> Hive
Baby Long Legs -> Squirt?
Crazy Long Legs -> Globin?
Most of these are easier, but more importantly all are much less tedious to deal with.
There could also be an option to make it work both ways to even out the difficulty between the Basement and Cellar and introduce some variety.

Anti-birth has just suddenly started lagging like shit both in-game and in the main menu. It used to make everything else on my computer lag a little. Now it doesn't do that and runs like shit. Advice?

Was originally joystick but most of the subsequent re-releases have twin stick support

Any relation to Zombie Shooter?

Turn hard mode into the original's Eternal hard mode

I'M NOT ALIVE UNLESS I'M PLAYING THE FULL VERSION OF WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER NOW ON SUICIDAL.

So is the Isaac's Awakening challenge broken for anyone else? Is it not actually completing?

Most overrated piece of shit i have ever had the displeasure of playing. You actually need some form of autism to enjoy going trough all these rooms for hundreds if not thousands of times.

I'de say it stopped being fun post Rebirth. Antibirth looks a little fun though. I'm honestly waiting for somebody to go through the game and cut out all the fat to make it worth my time again.

Give Helldivers a try OP it's pretty good and is rather difficult for such a simple game it even has local coop on console and is available on PC but to save you some nerves please make sure to find some coop buddys who know what they are doing before you end up with jackass mcgee and his friends who will get your ass faster killed than you can blink.

Yeah NieR 1 had great sections for twinstick shooting. Never expect how camera angles can change a game so much. Same with the topdown shit in one of the dungeons.

Stop lying you pedo.

what seems to be the problem?

Fuck off val

You appear to be upset.

I'm just tired of people impersonating me

You can't be impersonated if you don't fucking namefag.

Me too.

Perfection.

Me too

megumin a shit

fuck off

Read the most recent posts faggot.

You're a faggot until you drop that name

I love how you fail to understand the issue at hand. Eitherway continue being upset, it amuses me.

I've only played through TC once, it's a damn long game. I've always preferred Smash TV because it's episodes never get all that tiring and don't have lopsided pacing like it's sequel. The password system, art style, and soundtrack of Total Carnage are to be commended, though.

/thread

Not a bad idea. I will do it from now on

Do what? We're all separate pieces of Val's broken mind you dipshit.

Speaking of namefags I wonder what happened to most of them, probably suicide

Not sure if this counts despite having gamepad support, but recently got brigador and it's been pretty fun. Soundtrack is nice too.

Is it even going to release today? Holyshit. This is like a highschooler trying to ask for "just one more day" to finish their damned assignment they keep procrastinating on.

You never know. I like to think the ones I specifically don't like migrated to tumblr to feed their need for attention

Wasn't it this bad for regular afterbirth?

No idea. I got it later, after pirating the game to see if I liked it.

There was a slight delay for AB on launch. The biggest problem was the staggered content release, because Edmund was (justifiably) butthurt over Rebirth getting datamined to hell and back. Expect having to wait for a couple of weeks until everything new gets added.

Ever tried Antibirth?

Did he ever confirm that explanation? I remember him flip-flopping on it constantly.
Considering how inconsistent patches have been in the past I wouldn't be surprised if it were originally a bug. Someone told me of a rumor that the Antibirth mod programmer doesn't want it to get ported to Afterbirth since after decompiling the game he's seen what a mess the entire thing is and knows they'd fuck it up.

It was actually an ARG, his previous statements were red herrings. That said Afterbirth is indeed a horrifying mess of spaghetti code, considering it won't run on a N3DS unlike Rebirth. Although there is that one photo of afterbirth shit running on a N3DS so who knows, they might've actually redone the entire thing from scratch with AB+. Would definitely explain why it took so goddamn long.

Finally out, only like 4 hours and a few months late.

It's out

Hour one pirate when?

Come on. How could you fuck this up?

I remember why I don't play this game often

And still getting useless shit like crack the fucking sky.

I second this

This wouldn't be so bad if I had some goddamn damage.
This needs to stop

something does seem fucked up with the math, shouldn't 2/3 of 9.99 be 6.66? 3.33 x2. Where's the extra 3 cents coming from?

Stinks of a floating point rounding error.

Ever heard about thing called punctuation?

I'm already more okay with this than I was with Afterbirth.

The enemy spawning shit needs to fucking stop. It should at least be something that only shows up in Sheol so it matches thematically. Not only do spawn portals show up everywhere, the enemies have too much fucking health/the spawn cooldown is too short, resulting gangrape almost every time on the early floors.

IS THAT THE FUCKING BLOAT IN THE BASEMENT?
why? Also where is afterbirth+? I can't find it on steam

just search for it instead of looking in the dlc section of BoI: Rebirth.

Shit, forgot to clear the name field.

Seriously though MEGA when?
You can even do it raw, anyone with a brain can crack a steam install.

Fuck off, faggot.

You really shouldn't use Mega any more.

MEGA may be compromised but what the fuck else am I supposed to use? Everything's compromised and my private tracker doesn't have it yet.

Mike "Val is not my Pal" Pence will fucking thunderbolt you you fucking namefaggot lily-livered fruit

gonna pop an energy drink and play BOI like the good old times.

Heres to afterbirth+ being good

Well that's an easy win

Enter the Gungeon is very similar to Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon is much more polished, but it's also slower paced. Being too accustomed to the fast pace of Nuclear Throne, I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy it.
Nuclear Throne is the closest to my ideal for the genre, but it's buggy and lacks content.

Man Apollyon is fucking hilarious.

I just completed a run where I found, among other things, the following items, in this order:

Fucking hilarious. Flying around smashing the spacebar spawning infinite pickups, infinite piss puddles, infinite blue flies and infinite copies of the fastest, most damaging familiar in the game.

These challenges are pretty good. The backwards one is probably the first I'd consider replaying for fun.

Anyone have a download for Afterbirth+?

So is afterbirth+ any good?

apollyon seems decent. He's like a less OP version of Isaac, as void can make shit items into buffs, instead of rerolling them altogether. He also has some potential to cheese if you void something like blank card and can just spam multiple activated item effects.

New final boss is pretty decent. Better than Hush and Ultra Greed. The telegibs are obnoxious, but I like how high energy the fight is relative to the other end bosses.

Not sure if it's the actual new final final boss though, considering how easy it was to get to. No complicated unlock or anything.

Also the new ending was… a lot more heartbreaking than I expected, despite knowing precisely what it would show. I teared up a bit, not gonna lie.

I don't know if the boss is great or awful. It feels more like a gear check than something you actually play. I don't know why it'd be designed as it is if eternal bosses weren't unlockable. Even if they're unfinished the assets are there so someone can implement them properly.

I'm suddenly reminded I have this fucking game

I have several times the music I had prior too..might be time to dive in again

Rag man is the reason I can't play Issac without rerolling into polyphemus or something. Way too much health for a first floor boss and he endlessly spawns enemies with even more health.
Now I see this bullshit.

Is this normal ? How do I tell antibirth is successfully installed ?

you'll know when it hits

inb4 b&

Read the thread.

Imagine if you also had Box of Friends.

I won't, after a bit of looking into it the game either launches vanilla rebirth or doesnt work. The current installer (either .exe or manual install) from the antibirth website simply doesn't have the necessary files.

The way the installer works is it tries to make a copy of your Rebirth install and then modify it with the Afterbirth files. When I tried installing, it failed to copy Rebirth's resource files, so the antibirth/resources/packed directory had only antibirth.a in it, whereas it should have that AND all the Rebirth packed files as well.

So copy it over like a crack, it's what I did when I wanted to play it.

Am I on fucking gamefaqs or something? This shitter is laughably easy and can be smashed apart with 0 pickups by any character besides Maggy MAYBE
PROTIP SHOOT THE FUCKING HEADS AS THEY SPAWN

It does lack the rebirth resource files, I added them back or copied the manual install over rebirth. Both options just launch vanilla rebirth.

Don't point the EXE installer to the Isaac folder if you're doing that. You are opening the Antibirth/isaac-ng.exe right?

Go away pedo

I searched for a torrent in the qbittorrent client, found a full install, which works. It also confirmed my suspicions - the packed directory in resources needs a bunch of shit for the conversion to work, and the installer currently up on the website only gives antibirth.a. No wonder it only launched rebirth.

does afterbirth plus requires to use an import save feature that randomly deletes your progress marks just like the last time?