3DS CFW + Homebrew General: We Should Revise The Pasta Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software. You might need a second 3ds already running CFW to gain an entrypoint. 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade ← These are your non-hardmod options: waithax, steelhax, and 3ds transfer
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/x2BX0wTw
archive.is/FGotD
archive.is/DIYTa
mega(dot)nz/#!ggEFzA6L
archive.is/DIYTa#selection-15553.5-15563.0
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/
mega.nz/#F!E5NWhTQZ!f1PFSUKrleLXH_h0NBtXmQ
3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
streaming.media.ccc.de/33c3
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS
3ds.guide/cart-update
3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
twitter.com/smealum/status/814124490753982464
archive.is/zUBeN
github.com/nedwill/soundhax
gbatemp.net/threads/installing-legit-cias-with-slowhax-list-of-cia-ids-in-post.453171/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278558-legit-signed-tickets-3ds-games-installing-11-0-11-1-fbi-waithax.html
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer.html
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_down
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_exploits
3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade
mega.nz/#F!uEAAEZCQ!EgXfIISvDB2qjU-KAbHY8w
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.
ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-I-U3-SD-card-16GB-32GB-64GB-90MB-s-Full-SD-Memory-card/332031362614?_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=39b58c3f08884c168f3bd21e336def27&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and Gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/x2BX0wTw
Last Thread: archive.is/FGotD

Been trying to get browserhax working for days but the browser crashes while loading the site, load bar only makes it just past the "t" in internet at the top left of the top screen.

Old3ds, FW 9.6.0, browser version 1.7585.

I can't find anyone that has had this problem, only threads about those that have crashed once the screen starts flashing different colours, whereas I've never even seen the slider. I've tried deleting browser savedata, deleting the boot.3dx, typing in the address, typing the address while adding a "?" and a few random letters, loading the QR while wifi is off.

Any ideas?

Continually mash "A" as it's loading

Here's the REAL last thread: archive.is/DIYTa

Stand-in thread

Not working.

So how hard is hardmodding? Could someone with little experience do it? If not, is there any specific way I should practice first? I haven't yet had any projects require me to solder.

If you've never soldered don't even try you'll make a mess. There's a lot of finesse required with the small contacts that you'll be dealing with.

Merry Christmas.

mega(dot)nz/#!ggEFzA6L

!EVwCTJZG1E3bwIDv1e21Fg5vWTfpXIr7GW-LaYcnZ9E

Thank ye
couldn't find it while fishing through archive.is

Thanks. Does anyone know if I use another 3DS to hack my new one if the pirated games and their saves will be present on the new one after hacking? I'm going to back up the saves anyway, but I'm wondering how convenient it will be.

What other turn-based startegy games are there on the 3DS ? I just finished Steamworld Heist and it was pretty good, I would love another game like that, or like X-COM.

There's the tom clancy game
fire emblem
FF Tactics & Advance Wars through virtual console

pirated games do not get transferred in a system transfer. I'm a noob to the scene and even I know this.

How do i upgrade from aureinand to luma without killing installed games?

forgot to mention
o3ds at 10.7

read the OP

completely knowledgeless about 3ds also: not my 3ds and the root is like this: archive.is/DIYTa#selection-15553.5-15563.0

i downloaded warioware touched and the mic doesnt work during mike's stage introduction but it does work for other minigames. Anyone know how to fic this?

Okay. What if I backed up the SD card on my original 3ds, did the transfer, hacked the new 3ds, and put the backup on the SD card of my new 3ds? Does anyone know if that would work?

Has anybody tried Maplestory 3DS?

DS LOADING IS OUT
DS LOADING IS OUT
DS LOADING IS OUT
DS LOADING IS OUT
DS LOADING IS OUT
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/

JUST

Anyone got a WORKING Tales of the abyss .CIA?

Can't really test this to confirm it works since I'm away with family for Christmas, but it might be finicky for some Anons.

Hoo, baby.

Runs like shit on most games, doesn't support saves unless you have the physical cart in the slot, which defeats the purpose of using the loader, and only a few games have been tested, let alone confirmed to work.

Also, if you have a DS game inside the cartridge slot, no matter which game you load by this loader, IT WILL OVERWRITE IT. You can overwrite your Mario Kart progress with Bomberman. What an age we live in. And no one knows if that save file on Mario Kart cartridge will work when you load up Bomberman again.

Anyways, don't even bother using this for the next few weeks, it's abysmal.

I'm just exited that it's actually possible at all.

So does that mean that you can put different games on different carts? Can you put a rom hack into the original cart?

Any body got a chart for good NDS games?

Thanks, I tried the Tom Clancy game and it's not that bad but it's pretty shallow, Fire Emblem is censored as fuck, I'll try to find an uncensored/fantranslated version if there is one, and I already have Advance Wars.
I also tried "Codename STEAM" but that's still not exctly what I was looking for, but it seems like there is nothing like XCOM on 3DS, it's a shame since they bothered to make an IOS port.

I really wanna try this. shame all my carts are fucked up after years of blowing on them, not knowing any better.

Is there any Holla Forums homepass mac address?

I have this

You'd have to back up your sysnand or emunand and restore it to the new 3DS, then copy over the SD card's contents.

Heard it was better than the DS one (though the DS one was a neat ride), but I'm waiting for enough of it to be in English that I don't have to do any menu guesswork or have only half the story translated. All that exists of the DS version is a machine translation with a shit-lot of missing bits, so I'm glad the 3DS game is getting farther.

So what's the guide for doing this shit then.

It's out user. The game just got 100% translated today.

Did I miss something? There's the one bit you have to blow a bunch of dirt off the window sill but that worked for me. Are you using the (fre)eShop copy?

For now. But the fact is progress is sweet don't rain on the parade! Also TWLoader is worth using right now for homebrew, possibly for card forwarding if it lets you use the DSi CPU speed.

The TWLoader thread.

Oh, it did? Cool, I'll pick it up then. Last I saw of it was a 55% translation.

Why say NDS instead of DS?

Okay, guys. Question that does not appear to be answered in the FAQ.

I just got a new 2DS and want to use my old SD card. I inserted my old SD into the 3DS, and lo and behold, the only thing it does properly is display the amount of memory left. It claims that I do not have any update data or DLC on the card. However, when I plugged it back into my old 3DS, it displays everything perfectly.

What exactly is happening, and how am I supposed to access my data on the 2DS?

I know it's not allowing it to be used because my MHX theme isn't showing up in the themes list.

Into the 2DS*
Sorry

System transfer.

I started the system transfer, but the SD is in the recipient system, not the sender system. I'm worried that might be a problem.

Freeshop suddenly stopped working for me, Any suggestions?

Holy shit, it actually worked. Someone jot that for future reference.

It's like an extra-depressing Wario Ware.

Games, DLC, update data, really anything you've downloaded on your system is "registered" to that system and it has to be brought over, either via system transfer or via nand backups/restores and copying the files over to the new SD.

How'd it stop working? Does it crash somewhere, or just not load at all?

Fuck it, I"ll wait a couple months for it to become stable and retard proof
Anyone have a link for a Kirby Super Star VC inject?
Or does one not exist?

Kirby Super Star uses a chip not supported by either SNES9x's cia build or Nintendo's own VC emulator. Only recourse is Superstar Ultra via a flashcart if you want to play on your 3DS.

Well fuck my life. I am a retard and I deserve this, but goddamnit this shit sucks.

I got my nephew a 2ds for Christmas with the intention of putting CFW on it and downloading an assload of games forhim. The SKU I ordered was supposed to come with 10.2, but instead it came with 11.0. No biggy, I've got an o3ds with Fieldrunners already on it which I used to downgrade my n3ds and get CFW on there. I'd just have to do the same thing to this one. More legwork, but ultimately doable.

Except, the act of doing that o3ds -> n3ds transfer fucked the o3ds's NNID. Which I didn't care about, because who gives a shit about NNIDs on a CFW'd console, right? It doesn't matter, I can do anything anyways.

Except, of course, system transfer again. Everything's ready to go, but I can't system transfer from the o3ds because I can't sign into its NNID because its NNID was transferred to the n3ds and then deleted.

This is what I get for waiting until the night before to do this shit. I deserve this. I've been shellfish all my life. I probably could have fixed this if I had known, pulled the old 'call nintendo and say I lost the 3ds I transferred to and want my NNID back' shit but no I gotta go and wait until the last hour and now it's all FUBAR.

Actually, come to think of it, would ctr-httpwn work in this situation?
It's not a sysupdate issue, but if it bypasses an NNID check… isn't that good? Wouldn't that work?

NNID was flat-out deleted so it wouldn't help. He doesn't have access to Fieldrunners anymore.

That can't be true, NNID has serverside information regarding your purchases. I successfully recovered the NNID my n3ds had prior to the system transfer by reformatting and linking back to its old NNID. All purchase history etc. were still there.

All I need is to somehow accomplish that again so as to get the o3ds linked to its NNID again OR to somehow bypass the NNID check on starting up the system transfer. Either would accomplish the goal.

Also, I am both of those posts (>>11552727 and ) and I do still have Fieldrunners installed on the o3ds by doing a simple sysNAND restore prior to the first system transfer.

Oh, I completely mistook what you meant by the NNID being deleted. I thought you'd gone into its settings on your N3DS and deleted it. Also thought the IDs on those two posts were different, oops

ctr-httpwn is worth a shot at least.

damn, that's pretty sad

Just tried ctr-httpwn and unfortunately no dice; same problem occurred.

I did have an idea, though. Does anyone know if it is possible to unlink an NNID without doing a full reformat? If I didn't have an NNID the system transfer would go through without a hitch. A reformat does unlink NNIDs, but unfortunately it would also remove Fieldrunners from the o3ds which would defeat the purpose.

I can't get JKSM or other save managers to work. They give an error, they can't access the archive.

And MHGSV isn't working, but it was working just a few days ago.

Oh, >pasta-revision
Reposting this again. I'd just add about the no longer relevant stuff, and emphasising 3ds.guide as the starting point, searching elsewhere is likely to tell you bad or dated information.

It did that yesterday, and apparently it was due to a broken key file, but that should be fixed by now.

Not descriptive. What part are you trying to get working? Note commercial DS game loading is still not ready for prime time it's just made a leap.

Inability to access an archive usually means there isn't one, ie the game hasn't initialized save-data when starting for the first time. Do all your games work fine?

Games work, and the MHGSV (Monster Hunter save backup program) worked fine until now.

Well, I got MHGVS to work, but the other save managers give me that same error.

Monster Hunter 4, Generations and, I think, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, don't save in the same way that other games do.
The save file itself is the same, but the directory is different, at least for a cart. That would be why only MHGVS is working.

There is a MHG save backup tool, I don't know what it's called, but google should sort it.

Maplestory game's already throwing off a bad vibe or two in the laziness factor- spritework's excellent all around and I like most of the idle animations just being a translation of the MMO's standing around, but the music being ripped from the MMO yet not looping properly (fades out about halfway into things just to start all over again) is getting annoying. I hope it's just like that for Mu Lung, since it's a sequel to the DS game in all gameplay respects but using the concept/promotional art classes as characters.

I honestly haven't the foggiest. Reinstall the save managers? One save manager working but no other working is bizarre.

Okay, I found my problem.

I had to switch game cartridges.

I was trying to backup a game installed on my SD card, but the unrelated game cartridge I had inserted lacked save data- so it wasn't working correctly.

I can't use JKSM to back up my monster hunter saves? That's sucks.

I can vouch for JKSM working with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate just fine, no idea about Generations but it's probably working just fine too.

Oh, the way he worded it made it sound like most if not all other save managers were incapable of backing up Monster Hunter saves. Thanks for letting me know.

Same user, different ID. Did a fresh install and it works fine now. New Problem though, Got a N3DSXL from my parents this Christmas and it come out of the box 11.1.0 .
Now, My friend has CFW but he has it on his 2DS along with Fieldrunners. Any suggestions? It seems possible according to 3ds.guide .

With Fieldrunners you can do it with slowhax which skips some of the tedious bullshit, but you'll have to transfer the NNID over to the N3DSXL to use it there, and it's a one-way trip.

Doesn't that cause a brick?

Any good rythim games for the 3ds?
The final fantase one is kinda meh, the song selection can be iffy at times, and having to use the stick so much for diagonals on upper difficulties makes it a chore to play.
Project Mirai is alright, but god the song selection is extremely, extr emely weak, and this is coming from someone who liked project diva f 2nd

See if you can dig up a copy of Elite Beat Agents for the original DS.

I'm a poorfag so I can't really buy shit, only pirate.

Literally 3 bucks at FUCKING GAMESTOP, either that or get a flashcart/wait for TWLoader to stop being shit. I can't think of any other rhythm games besides the Miku one you mentioned.

there aren't gamestops where I live though ;-;

You don't suggest EBA without mentioning both Ouendan games as well, user.

I only suggest games I've played. Are the Ouendan games rare these days?

Well, they're japan only. Fortunately, you don't need to understand moon to play it.

Probably.

What about the megamix rhyme game on freeshop?

Does anyone have the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer zip? I'm modifying a 3ds for my younger brother and I can't use the torrent on the guide because my shitty internet gets me sub-10 kilobytes a second when I try to download it via torrent.

Which region do you need? EUR, JPN, or USA?

USA. Sorry, shoulda specified.

Here's a link to a Mega folder, I'm uploading it right now. It should finish in ~10 minutes. Sorry I can't be more helpful right now, gotta handle family stuff.
mega.nz/#F!E5NWhTQZ!f1PFSUKrleLXH_h0NBtXmQ

I still really don't see a reason to have 3ds homebrew.
vita homebrew is better in my opinion, besides the memory card issue.

Hey, you're doing me a big favor user. Thanks a bunch.

Most homebrew is only useful if you've got CFW anyways. There've been a lot of valiant efforts towards userland-only cool stuff (mostly spearheaded by Smealum, come to think of it) but homebrew and piracy aren't mutually exclusive, you can't really have one without introducing the other at some point.

Rxtools user who made the stand-in thread >>11545089 here, relaxing after Christmasan with the family, and finished putting LumaCFW on all 3DSs.

Thanks anons for posting the info, it's amazing.and merry Christmas.

homebrew and piracy go hand in hand just because of the nature of the handheld.
a nearly infinite library is the ultimate temptation in gaming.

That's why I've been wondering if the Switch is compatible with 3DS/Wii U to some capacity or other since all I can find is mentions that it's not physically backwards-compatible. Piracy-enabled Switch would mean backwards-compatibility all the way straight back down to the NES if it keeps the Wii U's vWii.

Another documentation-related thing you could have is about 3DS configuring for less invasive nonsense (disable the eShop's auto-download behaviour, opt-out in common programs like Swapdoodle or the VC SNES emulator)

Rhythm Tengoku is a good series but on the easy side. The GBA game translation has an inject floating around somewhere, and the DS one can be played on flash card, hopefully soon without one!

Relatedly the same devs also made Warioware, play those. The first GBA one and Touched! are on FreeShop, so is Snapped but that looks retarded.

Pure homebrew, probably not (SNES9x, mgba, ctrhexen2). But it's real hot for playing GBA/DS/3DS games and the ease with which you can do it just makes it a no-brainer. Same story with the Wii and playing GC/Wii.

Vita to my knowledge is a lot more limited.

I'll be waiting and seeing on that one. It's moot if Nintendo finally manage to get their security shit together. Speaking of which when is the CCC talk scheduled?

So there's been a recent ACNL update, but it's not showing up in the titlekeys? Is Nintendo getting wise to our actions?

someone help me out with this, don't want to brick it while trying to update the cfw(also want to get rid of that r4 3d screen this cfw has for some reason)

Fix your lack of A9LH first.

how do i do that? just copying the contents from the luma zip into the sd card's root?

By reading the relevant bits in 3ds.guide as per the OP.

What do you mean "in the titlekeys"?
Do you mean on 3ds.titlekeys.com? That just means a nigger hasn't gotten around to uploading it.

Download it through eShop normally, it works 100%.

Nintendo can't stop giving out Titlekeys, it's literally coded to the 3DS system not to work like that.

What a time to be alive.

ALSO, NIGGERS, IF YOU'RE RUNNING HOMEBREW LOADER FOR ANYTHING, LIKE MENUHAX, OOTHAX OR THE .CIA, HOLD X ON LAUNCH TO UPDATE TO NEWEST *HAX PAYLOAD

New one gets past PASLR, and now has 100% bootrate, apparently.

What the hell is 33c3?

Console hacking conference.
This is the third one, first was 31c3, then 32c1.

It's in Germany, and there's little to no fanfare about it, but that's where a lot of the devs meet to showcase new hacks for various consoles.

Apparently someone has PS4 figured out, or at least PoC.

Oh, well let's hope none of the devs are allahu ackbar'd before they show their shit off then.

If you don't want to set up an entirely different CFW method by installing A9LH then replacing aureinand with Luma3DS is just a matter of dumping Luma3DS in with the rest of your homebrew in the "3ds" folder on the SD and picking that instead of aureinand. No special steps involved with changing your emunand loader. I'd advise A9LH myself, personally, but it's not a necessity no matter who insists otherwise if your aim at the end of the day is video games.

Last one shown gave us what would become the downgrade entrypoint for Sysupdater on systems above 9.2, if I remember right, so keep your eyes peeled.

I set up emunand a long while back and forgot to move my backup of my shit when getting a new PC. The only issue I might have is with hs.app. Am I able to use a different hs.app without a problem or am I fucked?

You can restore the H&S app by downloading it with 3DNUS if you can't find a backup. Find your region and 3DS model here. 3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list

What are the odds that there's going to be a dsiwareless softmod downgrade for 11.0-11.2?

100%.
Someone, who's name I forgot, said they have found an entrypoint, and they are only keeping it safe till now because they didn't want Nintendo to patch it out before the big releases (Pokemon, Mario Maker), and force people to update to fix this exploit before they cna play these games.

Now, there's definitely going to be a show of SlowHax, VerySlowPIDHax and potentially a 3rd. I dn't know which one this dev is behind, but it's not SlowHax. Technically, SlowHax is already released, just not tested and documented enough. SlowPIDHax takes weeks, literally, to work lasat I checked.

There's a Hax in development called SoundHax, which uses an exploit in the Sound app. There's little to no info released publicly, it's just mentioned offhandedly by some of the other devs as a WIP. Not sure if this is a primary exploit for downgrades, and not sure if it will be shown at 33c3.

Also, with everything I just said, keep in mind that there will probably only be PoC for these, and it may take another few weeks/moths for it to actually be implemented.

Noice

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?

I'm trying do downgrade a N3DS from 11.1 though basehaxx and I can't get it working. I've tried changing the version back and testing it on my O3DS and it works just fine. Any idea why this is happening?

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask to put a link to an updated recommended games list in the op?

speaking of which, where is that list

I found some guy that sells sealed N3DSXL's for a pretty low price and I've been meaning to buy one. Is there any way I can find out if the software version is lower than 11.x, aside from opening the box?

I don't believe BaseHax is a suitable entrypoint. It's a secondary exploit, AFAIK. You need a primary exploit like menuhax to get a downgrade.
Use the guide and try another exploit. DSiWare costs a few dollars, or you can wait a few days until this hacking conference is over and see what comes out of it.

I have the list from a few months ago, but not on this computer. I'll upload it later when I recheck the thread.

If you've got the one from the past few months, it hasn't been updated at all. Not that it matters much, as there's been no good games out since, save Pokemon Sun/Moon, Mario Maker and Mario Party Star Rush.

I don't believe they have a serial number or identification number on the box. Try asking the guy when he bought them, you just need the month.
Go to reddit.com/r/3dshacks, and use the search function on the side. Search firmware list or something like that and look for some guy who posts monthly lists of all firmwares.

Just crossreference the colour and month of the seller with the list and see what it says.

I never realized how much pure fucking trash is on the eShop until I got freeShop. I can't believe they're trying to sell some of this stuff for real money.

would do it but in short, the machine was lent to me to see if i could update the cfw (and i think a lot of the hacked machines use the same method), from what i got told in the last thread it's possible but i want to play it safe in order to avoid a brick.
pic is how the root looks and the 3ds folder is empty.
firmware at 10.7

I'm excited.

read ahead next time
you had nothing better to do while you were waiting.

Check the mega folder again. I think I put up the files you need. They're small as fuck too.

You're still good, just dump Luma3DS onto the SD card and run that instead of aurei. You should be able to replace that boot.3dsx with the one in the "lumamenuhax" folder in the zip to achieve the same result of automatically booting into Luma3DS instead of the HBL.

No worries about a brick with A9LH. But again, it's completely up to you if you want to go with that.

k, luma zip(dled from the git) looks like this, and found a boot.3dsx inside the menuhax, i just overwrite the sd card's boot.3dsx and then i'm good to go, right?or do i dump everything into the 3ds folder?

"hax" has a "3ds" folder in it, merge that with the SD's. Dump the boot.3dsx in "menuhax" onto SD's root and overwrite it, dump arm9loaderhax.bin onto SD's root, and you're good.

welp, done
lots of options that i don't understand popped up

That's just Luma3DS's configuration menu, don't tick any of those. Luma3DS handles reboot patch (high RAM games, GBA titles, etc), out-of-region software, and so on all on its own.

Only ones I'd tick if using for emunand would be "show nand or user string in system settings" and maybe "show GBA boot screen in patched agb_firm", but that latter one can muck up compatibility with custom cias. It's just nice showing the GBA boot-screen and the "bling" sound when you start up a GBA game.

alright, did as told. a bit of black and now we're in, got into console settings and shows "Emu 10.7.0-32U"(this should be correct after ticking "show nand or user string in system settings")
In case i want to disable options how do i get into that config menu again?

also: how the fuck do i get rid of that r4 3d splash screen at the boot?

Hold select while the system's booting to get back into the config menu.

As for the splash screen, haven't the foggiest if it's still showing up after switching to Luma.

shit showed with aureinand, still shows up with luma

Are you sure you're not using a flashcart or something? I can't think of any reason you'd get a splash-screen with both CFWs.

search the sd card for the folder with "splash.bin" in it.

Imagine my surprise when scanning through the list and finding China Warrior on there. It's a bad PCE/TG16 game. Also note that you are not seeing the worst of it, only what people have dumped keys for. Mighty No. 9 is not on freeShop for example, only as CIA.

Region emulation isn't usually needed, weird exceptions are Super Ghouls n Ghosts, and the localization of Rhythm Tengoku The Best+. In any case there's more you have to do to use that, check the Luma3DS wiki on Github for more. 3ds.guide tells you which ones to check also.

Yeah and replace it with something else. There's probably a few Luma3DS themed ones floating around (there's a funny one based on old PC BIOS startups) but I use the ReiNand one as homage to the CFW it's based on.

No splash.bin in the sd card, which right off the bat should be strange, thing boots first with the "super r4 3d" screen

also: with luma and menuhax installed i should be able to enable wifi? or can not?

Themehax probably does it differently. Don't care, upgrade to A9LH and then you have very little to worry about besides keeping Luma3DS up-to-date. You can even use eShop should you want to.

streaming.media.ccc.de/33c3

3DS Hacking Conference

Starts in about 7 hours. You want to click on Saal 2.
The guy who has a KNOWN exploit is Nedwill. No news of what it is, but it will 90% be an exploit to crack 11.2 downgrades.

There's also Wii U talk in there, though that will be shit, because all the Wii U hackers are BRs, not Europeans.

PS4 talk starts 9 hours from now on Saal 1. Apparently there will be piracy talk, but I doubt there'd be anything amazing or ready to go.

Anyone else having issues with freeshop while trying to download SMT4 Apocalypse dlc?,me and a couple of others are getting a suspended message after 52%

Desperate.

Definitely desperate. The fact they tried hard to relate the news related to Pizzagate as "fake news" shows more and more that they have something to hide, and a big one to boot.

More, importantly,
Nintendo hacking conference next, in 45 minutes

It keeps failing for me.

I watched the whole conference but the content passed over my head. What is going to happen?

Missed it, can any anons do us a favor and explain or link to an explanation?

We're not quite at Letterbomb levels yet but the 3DS as a platform is pretty thoroughly fucked.

Nothing, like usual.

does this mean i can hack my 11.2 2ds

SOON

HOW
SOON

You can already do that with a hardmod.

Anyone got the 3ds game chart list?

Tbh it should be in the sticky.

I can summarize the 3ds talk
Good days ahead, anons

Its already good, honestly it isnt really going to get much better since the 3ds probably has 2-3 years of new dedicated games coming out.

As in, not built from the current firmware?
Should I see this as 'Linux on 3DS soon'?

As in it's now possible to sign your own firmware

What's the ETA on all of this?

Here you go, dear user.
I don't know if it's the last version, though

I don't think one was given, but all the info is out there. All that needs to be done is a proper implementation as far as I can see.

Are there good racing games on 3ds?

Garfield Kart.

Go with and come back once you'll have 100%'d it.

Grazi
more games for the flashcart

No Problem
There's the old NIntendo DS halfchan's "Holla Forums's recommended games" romset to download, if you're interested.

Look into the share threads.

Which prolly means anywhere between three days and a month for something tangible to pop up. Last conference I remember people were pretty prompt in getting a sysupdater build utilizing the 9.2+ downgrade method built; within a week.

I guess I should also get around to dumping my old carts and selling them.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

Picked up a few gems from this.

It's not bad, even if it was taken over by redditors. It's the best we have for now.
It's a shame that "Holla Forums's all time recommendations" didn't take off in the end. I kinda liked it

Sage for off-topic

REQUESTING HELP FELLOW PIRATEFAGS
I have prior experience cfw'ing my wiiu

Ok fams, i just got a n3dsXL and the first thing i thought about was this. The problem is that it says i need to use a soldering iron.

Any ways i could get around this and if not, any tips or people who can do it for me?

Forgot to say that my n3ds is on 11.1.0

Is there a download of Pokemon Sun and Moon that won't get my 3DS online banned?

No way of getting around a soldering iron if you're going for the hardmod. Only other way to downgrade your N3DS is to have another 3DS handy that's already got CFW, or to wait for soundhax or whatever the soon-to-be-available downgrade/kernel exploit for 11.x versions is.

Wouldn't know where to begin with finding somebody that could do it for you but GBAtemp seems like a good bet.

No, those were for people who played it before retail release. Also did you get it from freeshop?

All Sun/Moon pirate versions are safe now, Nintendo was banning for playing online before street-date. Even people who got legitimate cartridges before the street-date were banned.

If you're concerned about the validity of a pirated version you can just get it straight from Freeshop.

The guy who gave the talk about SoundHax and FastHax, NedWill, will be posting the exploits within the next few days.

He said on Twitter he's just making sure it works on non-US devices at 3c", which probably means there's consoles he's able to use at the conference.

SoundHax is an offline exploit. Combine it with FastHax and you've got 11.2 downgrades.

FastHax is a version of SlowHax that relies on a memory buffer overflow. Unlike SlowHax, this one doesn't take 20 hours, so that's nice. This one is definitely a primary exploit, and can be incorporated into any exploit that uses SlowHax already.

As we have the BootROM for ARM9, you can now install custom firmware AKA 100% custom. A9LH was just patching code after it was executed, which this is flat out putting on an entirely new firmware.

ARM11 was also dumped, but that's not as important.

That's all that was released for the 3DS. There was a bit of info for the Wii U.

W E W

Alright, so i have an o3ds thats on 10.1.0, but i cant scan any QR codes with it, and last time i tried to cfw it i couldnt get past the nag.

What do i do about that?
I could also try using my older brothers 3ds if mines cant work

10.1 is ez mode.

Go to the top, open up the guide and follow the prompts for your system.
When it tells you to do BrowserHax, go to date and time settings in System Settings, chuck it to 01/01/2000, 00:00.

Does that mean we can potentially add new features to the 3DS firmware, or what? Also if I already have A9LH will I eventually be able to use this?

of course you'll be able to use it
and you'll be able to get yourself out of any issues it gets you into

It says i have to use this cart launcher here
3ds.guide/cart-update

But what does it actually do? It will change some core features of my 3ds right? Will i have the homebrew thing?

Wait shit wrong version

Thank you for the better summary, user.

I'm not well versed in the technical aspects, I just know how to dumb it down to my own level.

By having the ARM9, and to a lesser extent ARM11, BootROMs, we can now sign our own firmware as if it came from Nintendo's update servers.
This is quite exciting as it means you have full, complete, 100% control over the system. While people kept saying the same about A9LH, they were wrong. A9LH was only modified firmware, while this allows us to create entire firmwares from scratch.
Now, that's not going to happen tomorrow, but as an example, things like passing the 300 title limit will be much easier now.
An user asked if this meant Linux now runs on 3DS. Technically someone already got it running (I think they got Arch or Mint), but that was only Linux within the current firmware. Now you can have rootlevel Linux on start up.

Welcome. I'm sure I got some of it wrong, but that's what I can gather.

Rumour mill is churning and say the SoundHax and FastHax will be out within 24 hours.

So that Sega 3D Archives 3 Final Stage is supposed to be released for about a week now right?

I can't seem to find any downloads for it or anyone really mentioning it anywhere.

3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade [Target device is an N3DSXL and the source is a 2ds]

I'm doing this and I'm at the very last step where you run steelhax. Trouble is, it doesn't run on the target device and I've tried over 20 fucking times under various conditions [custom otherapp payload, no custom payload, holding B, not holding B] and it just crashes and resets with a generic error message. Is there any way to reset steelhax? Will trade cute girls for help.

Any idea why Luma shows this, a red image in front of the spinning model it occasionally clips through, on the home menu for my physical copy of Gyrozetter? Game seems to run fine,

bump?? I really need some advice

The 33c3 talk was uploaded, about to watch it myself and take it in! The responses in this thread are getting me so hype!!

3DS hacking has surpassed the Wii because you can actually take (mostly) full control of them right from boot, you can't do that with later Wiis because they actually fixed their bootloader issues. Also the Wii was an easy target compared to the 3DS so there's no excuses this time around to get it so wrong.

You asked about this already, and my answer has not changed: have you tried it on another 3DS, or a freeShop/CIA copy of the game? It's probably just a bad cartridge.

I actually didn't see your anwser before the thread purged.

Keep asking nigga, i just hacked my brothers 3ds without his permission in order to hack my brand new n3ds soon.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP THIS user!

Also how do i use the .cia files?

Am i supposed to download them onto my sd card in some way?

You are supposed to put the .cia file in the cias folder then go to FBI application, go to SD, click on cias, then click on the .cia file and it gives you multiple options such as install or install & delete or just delete etc.

Place them onto your SD card and install with FBI. If you haven't got enough space on the SD card, google for SocketPunch.

You on 11.2? Hold X while running it to update your payload to 2.8, that should fix it.
Otherwise, there was a thread on reddit and GBAtemp where they discussed problems with SteelHax, take a look in there.

Disgusting.

? thats how it taught me in the guide.

Oh wow, they really dumbed that thing down.

Back in my day, you had to browse through 20 different threads to gather everything you needed, and you just hoped it worked.

Does that make you superior to me?

No, I was just stating that the guide is very simplified.
But I do feel in charge.

Why. The. Fuck. did no one mention this? I love you, user, and I'd thank you in person if I could. Here's a grill for your trouble. Thanks again

bane?

And yeah they really did simplify a lot of the steps and what you had to do, I remember I was stuck with a downgraded 2ds and n3ds and I couldnt get rxtools or cakes to work so I left it alone for a couple months until luma came out and I got back in it.

*Hax 2.8, the payload tht it runs, only got updated a few days ago.
If you run anything through HBL, hold X on boot just once to get it updated. It bypasses the PASLR layer now, and has 100% bootrate.

I actually still use RxTools on an EmuNAND.
Only reason I hang around is to help other anons and trigger A9LH master race kids.

That's because the proces has been simplified. Removal of all emuNAND garbage and streamlining of tools is to thank for that.

That's great, sadly it doesn't stop HBL from doing a full system takeover.

Also aren't you a cute one (so triggered, hope it's worth it)

I'll allow it.

Now I've got another problem. The guide tells me to check 3dsident and that I should be on 2.50-11 for kernel and firm, but I'm on 2.52. I've run the downgrade tool from the DSiWare inject already, so what should I do?

I could post blanc instead, pretty sure she's supposed to be the nintendo rep

I've only done the one OTP dump, for a friend.
I'd say just roll with it. From what I know about the OTP, it was only ever fixed on 3.X firmware, so anything under that works.

If you ran the downgrade and it worked, and you used the firmware that was supplied in the guide, I'd say it's fine to procees.

Are you sure? And if I brick, it can be rectified with a hardmod right?

I'm not that sure. I always thought OTP needed 2.1.0-X to work. If you were a patient user, I'd say stop where you are, update to 11.2 and wait a day or two or the big new hacks to come out.

Somewhere in the Paliect guide there's a link for the IRC. Ask on there, the devs and a bunch of their loyal servants hang out on there.

Remember not to put it to sleep mode if you're on N3DS.

Oh yeah, and I should of said earlier:
Potentially, since we have the BootROMs of ARM9 and 11 processors, there's a chance that you can just install CFW straight from 11.2, no need to downgrade at all.

WEW

Why would the price go up when it becomes redundant?
Also, you could of sold that for $60 and still undercut the market.

I didn't expect the price to go up, and I listed it at $40 because the cheapest copy on sale that had a few bids was $31 and I figured the bubble was going to burst any moment.

Dumping OTP requires 2.1.0, using it doesn't, but I don't think he's talking about that. He's talking about the NFIRM downgrade from 11.x.

The downgrade step may have failed? Not actually sure. Also who is Blanc?

I figured it'd be bargain basement price now with OOT3D and actually good games being able to do hacks in the case your browser is not usable. Also when DSiWare is required it's not something you can gouge people on.

Well, I have little idea about how the NFIRM downgrades work, I never really looked into it.

Hope it goes well, DowngradeAnon.

1) how much easier would these new hacks make it?
2) how long will these really take to come out?

We're talking offline downgrades to 9.2 with only preinstalled software.
US version is done, Dev is just testing it on EUR and JAP consoles today. Potentially tomorrow, most likely the day after, definitely by end of week.

I wish I had another 3ds to hack
this stuff sounds like fun

Apparently this new SoundHax is literally going to be place a music file on your SD card and play it.
From there, downgrade to 9.2.

Fucking bitch.
She ruins everything!

what the fugg

I guess it's coming faster than you expected

Anons, thats confusing as fuck.

Where can I find the FBI app and how do i use it exactly? Where do I put it? Are there any tutorials out there? Even better if its a video tutorial.

This 3ds cfw is a pain in the ass
Its not like as if i cant take it though

saged by accident, my bad.

BUMP

Follow the guide, if a retard like me can follow it so can you clearly.

Its better if your following the guide because you should be able to fuck up since its almost retard proof.

aight, got the go-ahead from the owner of the o3ds itself, where do i start?(and i mean in the current cfw that i got that is luma 6.6)

I want to be hyped for these hack breakthroughs, but as someone who already dealt with modding my 3ds, why should I be hyped?

Which guide exactly? Please spoonfeed me, i dont want to fuck anything up.

Im not even using my own 3ds for this for fucks sake. If my brother finds out he will probably break a bone or two of mine.

Im trying my best to learn user so dont bully me

Go to the guide in OP, follow the prompts for your system.
There's a section where it tells you to follow a few extra directions if you're on an EmuNAND and want to transfer it to A9LH.

Essentially all you do it follow the guide for A9LH, then dump your EmuNAND.bin with EmuNAND9Tool and then inject it to SysNAND AFTER you install A9LH.

Follow the guide in the OP.
If you don't know about the guide and don't know how to inject with FBI, then it's safe to assume you haven't actually hacked a thing.

You will need maybe an hour to hack it to CFW.

Only really good if there's good custom firmwares coming out, like ones that add stupid nice features.
Potentially could mean we get NTR built-in to a firmware so O3DS can use it in memory-extended games.

Fuck you i dont feel like waiting.

Guys, is this video reliable when it comes to getting the FBI to install my CIA's? If not can you show me the tutorial that you used to get the FBI?

Sorry for the trouble, im paranoid and retarded

2nd line of OP.
Right under the red text.

Click the links for your system.

Okay i discovered that there was more steps to do other than the initial installation on homebrew. I know I can finish this, easy peasy. I will get to it tomorrow, it is 3:00 where i live and i need sleep.

Good night Holla Forums.

If I understand the talk correctly there won't be a need to downgrade to 9.2 anymore because we've got a new ARM11 kernel-mode exploit (fasthax) and you can use it via soundhax or another entrypoint. Previous ARM11 kernel exploits were memchunkhax (works in

have there been any big updates in the field of unbanning people with online-restriced 3dses? I've been following the lfcs_b transfer but aside from that i can see no other options

I'm on 11.1 and have four swords. For soundhax would I potentially only need to load that sound file on my sd card, or would I need some other game/software from the eshop/cartridge?

As far as I understand it, just the sound file.

Awesome

OK my mistake, you also need ARM9 execution or DSiWare to be able to modify FIRM, but what is the actual exploit 9.2 has that's required to do this, I can't seem to find anything about it.

Anyone more technically-inclined want to confirm the full nitty-gritty on what's improved by this?
- Sighax: ARM9 control at boot with no OTP requirement, much more flexible than A9LH and less hackish.
- Soundhax: New ARM11 usermode exploit in the music player, no need for browser or a particular game
- Fasthax: New ARM11 kernel exploit, probably really useful but I don't actually know what it opens up.

twitter.com/smealum/status/814124490753982464
archive.is/zUBeN

This is getting straight out of hand. Is there any method that they HAVEN'T hacked the 3DS with?

That's just the app though, not the title key site. Right?

Yep. And, shit was open source anyways so someone could just fork that shit with none of the logo data.

And even if they do DMCA the title key site we could just spread the title key list manually. No biggy.

So the app is ded? well fuck, I just finished setting up 4 3ds's with that as the main download method.

Just the repository. There should still be builds of the app floating around and the titlekey db is still around.

I didnt notice and i pressed (A).

Did i screw up, maybe messed up something in the long run or am i still good?

Installing Steelhax?

If so just redo the step. It's no biggie.

github.com/nedwill/soundhax

Well nobody has done it through intense masturbation (as far as I know).

Ugh, can't wait till this is fixed for o3DS.

They took it down because of the logo similarities? Lol indeed.

I'm still at 11.1 and the console keeps offering me to upgrade to 11.2.
Should I allow it now? I can't get any more fucked up, right?

hi, anyone can point me in the right direction on how to hack a ps3? i'll be having some extra money next month and i'm thinking of buying a slim ps3 to hack. thanks

This is the 3ds hacking thread, not the ps3 hacking thread. Fuck off.

i taught its the homebrew general as well

Yes, 3DS homebrew. And you're going to have to learn to fucking spell before anyone takes you seriously, even if this were the appropriate thread for your question.

the guy who taught you was a moron, then.

So I learned that I need to stop using rxtools on my CFW'd 3DS to play a physical copy of Pokemon Moon. I'm probably a retard for not looking into the thread first, but how do I fix my 3DS so I'm not using rxtools?

No. If you update you won't be able to use Waithax.

You're limited if you failed to get a DSiWare title (the big 4, no substitutes).

Plus you can avoid any need to update if you get a Homebrew entry-point.

With Waithax you can install a handful of unsigned .cia files.

gbatemp.net/threads/installing-legit-cias-with-slowhax-list-of-cia-ids-in-post.453171/

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278558-legit-signed-tickets-3ds-games-installing-11-0-11-1-fbi-waithax.html

Well there is Veryslowhax which is a lot like that- it takes several weeks.

Just dump Luma3DS into your homebrew folder and use that instead, easy as that. Uses the same emunand partition that RxTools did.

Ok guys i just finished with 3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer.html

and now my brothers 3ds just softbricked

What the fuck did i do wrong?!?!

I made a backup btw, how do i use it?

I found out that the 3ds works without the sd card and now its version is now 2.1.0.

The guide says

But i dont know how to restore my backup.

If any homebrew wizards are available, can you please help me??

The freeshop repo on github has been DMCA'd.
If you already have freeshop installed, it will still work. If you are installing CFW on a 3ds for the first time and don't already have freeshop downloaded, you can use CIAngel instead:
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/

Follow the steps, did you install a9lh and the nandmanager?

You probably want to clear your home menu extdata as described here:
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_down
If it's booting without the sd card in you don't have a serious problem and it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Keep going, that's what you do. You're not going to stop until you have a9lh

The salt is real.

And it won't even stop anything

FreeShop was based on PlaiCDN's proof of concept, right? Think it'd be a good idea to fork PlaiCDN and make a super FreeShop?

Shit, I just noticed. What is the latest release of freeshop? Also, isn't freeshop open source ? Because anyone can keep working with the code, really.

When is Fasthax going to come in? I thought it was getting released today.

Then it's easy to fix. Just make a totally new one instead of the clever "black bag" version. Surely the repo has been cloned once or twice.

Anyone with a copy of the repo can start it over elsewhere in a place where the DMCA doesn't reach. This is yet another reason to love free and open source software.

Give it time tiger, you'd be well advised to anyway until it's been well tested. Especially when sighax comes out.

Nope, none of that. SigHax is currently PoC only, but it a way for us to sign a CFW as a legitimate update. While A9LH gave us ARM9 control by modifying the code, we can now "update" to a fully custom FW that gives us ARM9 control.
Allows for more features than A9LH, like bypassing 300 title limit, or giving us NTR built-in to the OS.

Correct. Just like BrowserHax or similar, but fully offline. You just nee the HBL starter kit and a sound file on your SD card to access HBL.
This is a primary ARM11 exploit, so we can downgrade with it.

It's just SlowHax but speeds up the time to overflow the buffer. Only useful with DSiWare, so there's no point to it, just use SoundHax.

Misinfo going on regarding this:
Only legitimate claim in the DMCA is a similar logo. If he changes the logo and reups his Git, they can't stop him.

My RxTools EmuNAND plays Pokemon Sun/Moon just fine, and it's not even the latest copy of RxTools :^)

Oh yeah, and unless you've hacked a few 3DS's yourself, don't bother doing FastHax or SoundHax right away, wait for people who know how to bugtest and idiots who know how to show us what not to do play with it first.

they tell me Arm9loaderhax is gonna be obsolete in time due to sighax. I've got a brand new N3DSXL that I'm itching to hack but if full-fledged CFW is gonna be that much better, is it worth waiting for?

A9LH will be redundant as soon as someone makes a custom FW with SigHax.
Seeing as we don't even has SigHax implemented yet, and that we'd have to reverse-engineer a lot of the FW that we don't 100% know already, A9LH is still viable.

In the end, though, you can just update from A9LH to SigHax CFW.

I downloaded Luna3DS and extracted the file, now what do I do?

Nah, get A9LH and eventually upgrade to the true CFW if it holds any actual advantage at the time. Chances are true-blue CFW will need its own refinements before it holds a candle to, let alone supersedes the normal firmware.

Place the 3DS folder inside your 3ds folder on the SD card, like you installed RxTools.
Then boot EmuNAND with Luma instead of RXTools.

Run it? arm9loaderhax.bin and "luma" folder on root (if no "luma" folder exists it makes its own if I remember right), actual Luma3DS boot.3dsx and such in with the rest of homebrew. Load it the same way you do RxTools.

That's definitely not right. We do not have any signing keys, they weren't that stupid. However the bootrom (not other parts of the 3DS) has a fault in how it handles ASN.1 which cripples the signature checking to the point you can brute-force something that looks legit. Picture related. You still need a way to write it to FIRM to use it.

Isn't the latter ARM11 kernel mode while the former is only ARM11 usermode but can elevate privileges via fasthax?

And yeah, what is the ARM9 exploit that is in 9.2 because it isn't memchunkhax according to 3dbrew, that's also ARM11 kernel. MSET was an ARM9 exploit but only for 4.5.

Speaking of which, what name should we give them? A9L hacks? Doesn't have the same ring as emuserf.

If you have A9LH it'll be trivial to migrate to the new hotness when it comes out, I'd go for it now, giving Nintendo time to fuck you up with an update is ill advised.

My post was worded poorly.
I don't mean SigHax signs it, I meant it gives us a way to make something that does sign.

Also, since we have half of it, once it's bruteforced you can use it on any console, as they all share the same key.

SoundHax was touted as kernel, and FastHax is the same as slowhax but faster, so also kernel.

A9Losers is shorter, but still not quite as catchy.

So I have A9LH on my N3DS

Can I use Soundhacks with A9LH?

You don't need to, you're already at the current endgame. Soundhax is just an entrypoint [and currently the best and easiest one around to my knowledge.]

You CAN, but there's no reason to, unless you just want to do it for fun.

All you need is the starterkit and otherapp.bin, which you should have already.
Go to the SoundHax GitHub and just download the .m4a file. Play it with the sound program and you should have acces to HBL.

Alright, I'm in a menu that reads "Luma3DS v6.6 configuration. What do I want to select and save, and am I in the right place?

Only to the bootrom. Other parts of the 3DS do not have the same bug so you can't do it as a system update for example.

I believe you're correct about it not needing the OTP, which is a significant help especially for O3DS and 2DS where you don't have the OTP-less A9LH, but speaking of which, what about installing it through hardmod now?

Citation. It was described in terms of game hacks and browserhax (ninjhax, etc) in the talk, and they're all ARM11 userland. Don't see why the music player would be any different.
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_exploits

Eh. Also no good.

Do 3ds.guide. You should really be doing A9LH right now though.

3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade Section II, step 3.

It keeps freezing at "Terminating the fs module". What am I doing wrong?

Could someone upload the freeshop file?

I put it in the folder with the a9lh stuff. Sorry it's not 2.1.3 but I think it should self-update once it's installed. mega.nz/#F!E5NWhTQZ!f1PFSUKrleLXH_h0NBtXmQ

Thanks. Could anyone tell me if having RXtools installed lets me skip any of the beginning steps in the plailect guide?

You can skip Step 1, provided you place Decrypt9 into your 3ds folder.

I don't see anything close to "Step 1" in the site. is it "Get Started"?

Skip the part where it tells you to get Decrypt9 through your browser, and instead get Decrypt9 installed by placing the .3dsx file into your SD card's 3ds folder, and booting that from the Homebrew Launcher.

It's done.
I HAVE MOTHERFUCKING A9LH ON A NEW3DSXL

Just in time for it to get replaced with something in a few days/a week or two here.

A transfer from A9LH → whatever's next is going to be a lot easier than stock → whatever's next

Besides, I can pirate any 3ds, gba, or snes game as well as dsiware and eshop games without even needing to eject the SD card. What more could I possibly ask for?

Good luck finding Lost Town The Dust/Jungle

Here is 2.1.3 of freeshop

mega.nz/#F!uEAAEZCQ!EgXfIISvDB2qjU-KAbHY8w

oh wow is thjat donwload link for ur gay penis collection???? i never thought ud be so thoguhtful u fucking space queer

wut

'wut' oh wow gay space baby cant pseak englishj l;anguage??? get pehnishs out of ur motuht hen speak to me

hahaha ok

Hmmm my N3DS has been erratic today, TWLoader decided to go "payload not found" but after reinstalling it's happy. But now I power it on and only get the splash screen, then nothing. All the A9LH payload stuff seems fine, hourglass9 and Luma3DS configuration. Any idea what could be wrong with it? I'm not keen to restore sysNAND because it'll lose all titles and stuff I've got installed.

Is there any downside to loading from nandmin and then updating by "System Update" as opposed to just updating from "System Update" directly?(Section IV Restoring the System)

Never mind apparently my blue card was stalling it somehow, taking it out made it happy. Good encouragement to back up the NAND though. Full cardless DS loading cannot come fast enough.

I guess I should be able to reach AH9L on my 11.1 O3DS with soundhax, but would it be safer to wait a while longer for these ARM11 exploits?

I've been trying to follow along with the current developments, but I only understand so much of what their potential is.

Has anyone had any experience running DOSBox on the 3DS? I can't imagine it's fast enough but I'm curious, for running Raptor on it.

You can't. soundhax is only a way to get to homebrew much like ninjhax or browserhax or menuhax, you still need to unlock downgrading via DSiWare or hardmod, sorry.

Do what the guide says.

What about fasthax?

I have four swords, I could downgrade. I guess I'm just worried that I might fuck it up, and that the exploits in the works right now might lessen that chance.

As I understand it:
- DSiWare save injection requires ARM11 kernel execution but can only be done with 4 unavailable DSiWare titles (you lucky bastard) and only on 11.1 and below because slowhax was patched out of 11.2. However fasthax will let you do it on 11.2 and, well, faster.
- DSi app injection works with many more DSiWare titles but requires ARM9 execution so you need to do this on a hacked 3DS and system transfer it over. Fasthax won't help here.
- NFIRM downgrading requires ARM9 execution (chicken and egg), hardmod, or can be done via DSiWare (because it runs on ARM9?)

In a nutshell it may remove your need for a 2nd 3DS and system transfer nonsense, but I don't think it'll bring better ways to downgrade 11.x sadly. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Thanks! I guess there might not be anything any time soon that will significantly change the process. I'll go over all the steps in advance and just try to be careful then.

The laugh track absolutely fucking ruins this game. It's like a cheap TV sitcom the way they pull canned applause and canned laughter for every single fucking line of dialog.

>HOLD IT!!
>episode 5 is unlocked

holy fuck

So, now that I have homebrew installed on my 2DS don't I have to downgrade to install FBI? Is that possible?

Have you beaten it yet?

It's easily the best case of the original trilogy, maybe the whole series

No, so i'm not reading that spoiler.

So I get final fantasy explorers and i leave the area talk to the chick that saved me but then the game goes black like a cutscene ended but I still hear music and it never fixes from the black screen?

Got it from the freeshop so what should I do?

Hey guys, I keep on running into one obstacle after another.

I just downgraded to 2.1.0 whatever and I am at the part where I took the SD card out of my 3ds then I am supposed to put a bunch of stuff in there.

I just ran out of space on my SD card around step 12 at this part 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.

Is there a way to free up more space on my SD card or can i just transfer my data to my 64gb one? Would it be fine to copy/paste it all?

You can do the latter just fine. Ran into the space issue when getting cfw on my brother's 3ds.

So, 10.7 o3ds(luma 6.6) guy here, wanting to upgrade to a9lh. This thing has already menuhax and hbl on, but then i see the guide talking about entry points and having to downgrade and shit which only makes my head spin, any way i can make things work without wanting to kill myself(no section about going from menuhax to a9lh)

The guide is very straightforward,if you're actually on 10.7 with only homebrew and no CFW, downgrade to 9.2. If you're already on 9.2 with emunand just continue to downgrading from there.

10.7 with menuhax, luma 6.6, sd is labeled emunand9sd

ok that's good to know

thought there was custom OS's and shit.

I know that this is a 3DS thread, but I want to know if there's a way to download/install Wii U games over wifi, as my current SD card is small.

I've tried using USB Helper and the USB transfer tool, but whenever I put in the title keys site, I get an error that says it couldn't fetch the metadata.

I dont know about that but I had to order a cheap SD card online for my wiiu homebrew. I also had to convert it to fat32 afterwards.

Heres a link for you pal.

ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-I-U3-SD-card-16GB-32GB-64GB-90MB-s-Full-SD-Memory-card/332031362614?_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=39b58c3f08884c168f3bd21e336def27&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&

I AM ALMOST THERE GUYS, BUT I STILL AM HAVING PROBLEMS AT EVERY TURN THOUGH AND I WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

I am on section II, #2 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Whenever i go to the website and press select to install it says.

I swear I followed every step like a baby duckling. Why did this happen??!?!
I also have all of my wiiu homebrew stuff on my sd card because reasons I tried to put it somewhere else but the laptop im using wouldnt let me
would that be the problem?

goddammit.

anyway, is there a ddl link for the ctr shit?

You're probably missing one of the payload files or renamed it or something. Go over the last step that tells you to put a bunch of files on the thing and make sure you put everything on there in the right spot with the proper name.

Bumping this question.

PLEASE RESPOND

Is there any issue with installing the E.U. unsigned tickets to a U.S. N3DS using Waithax?

I know I can run the result with Hans, but is there any risk in doing so?