3DS Thread: Newfag Edition

Where OP begs for info and help, and doesn't have the info and links because the last thread fell off the catalog.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/)
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1522/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Xenoblade 3D
It's bretty nice. Side questing and grinding is a bitch though, since you'll get either be overleveled for the storyline missions and never get ap or sp for the skills you want, or just incapable of beating the next boss.

Rxtools, I haven't updated my n3DSxl in over six months. Am I missing anything?

Hoping that a couple of mates can come over and enjoy a few drinks. At least I'm not going to be alone this year.

Well, it can't be that bad, can it? Come on, spill the beans.

you sad fucking nigger
pure emunand setup is not only outdated, but its also dangerous, upgrade to A9HL

Is freeshop still not working?

Haven't been around the piracy threads, have you?

The lead dev of rxTools quit because too many other CFWs were surpassing his in quality and practicability, and if you're on rxTools I have to assume you're still on emuNAND, which in and of itself is an outdated function that's used at best as a testing tool or a backup home menu. You missed at least 3-4 waves of different, better CFWs, the ability to update past 9.5, and no need to manually unlock regions or games that need higher firmwares.

Pure emunand setup is outdated. When it was the only method of CFW we all accepted it but there are superior methods now. Pure emunand setup is too easy to accidentally update. The official 3DS Homebrew Guide (at the appropriately named 3ds.guide here; 3ds.guide/) recommends A9HL. A9HL stands for ARM9LoaderHax. And its meant to patch your SysNAND so Nintendo can NEVER patch over it (its installed as the Initial Program Loader and silently patches the firmware to protect itself). Another reason ARM9LoaderHax is recommended is because after its installed getting access to homebrew will no longer require weird memory tricks, its more elegant than an emumand setup in other words, and a lot more stable.

Once more is A9LH, being installed as the Initial Program Loader, it can work as a sort of bootloader, having the ability to run any arbitrary ARM9 binary at boot simply by holding a specified key when booting. By default it should load the Luma3DS entrypoint found on the root of the SDCard. If the SDCard is removed it will then search for the entrypoint at the root of CTRNand so you can boot into Luma without an SDCard even. And again, updating through the Settings App will always be safe after installing A9LH. No more having to worry about an update fucking your shit

What format does an SD card need to be for a Wii U to accept it?
I can't figure out why it wont work with Loadiine and Homebrew as if I do it in a particular way which is Fat32 I can't put any games on it at all. I know this is for 3DS but no one answers my questions anywhere for Wii U.

Fat32

Try typing the following at the Windows command prompt;
diskpartlist diskselect disk 1 //make sure this is your fucking SDCard or elsecleancreate partition primaryformat fs=exfat quickexit
and then try it

Shit.
What's the potential damage from being on emunand?

At least I've found the website that mentioned pretty quickly, though having to reset everything is going to be a bitch. I'd ask for it to be explained to me like I'm a retard, but I'll just read through that instead.I don't even know what the fuck a Luma3DS is.

His issue is fat32 wont work because some WiiU games have files larger than 4GB (fat32s filesize limit)

I know, I reread. I was tired reading his post.

Pokemon Sun - i like the attention to detail of the devs but its just another pokemon game.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - bretty good. a bit on the gay side but i get to develop a town wearing a nazi flag kek
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - havent been playing that much, just started

buying my gf a n3ds with harvest moon and animal crossing

It requires a lot of hacks to boot up making it very inelegant compared to a A9LH setup. In addition, you're probably killing your SD faster by using it. Not even mentioning the fact it takes up an entire 1GB on your SD you could be using for other shit. Lastly, its WAY TOO EASY to accidentally update your SysNAND with an Emunand setup. With A9LH you can update through the Settings app all you want and you'll never have to worry again

What are the command lines for this user?
I mean is it clean disk 2 or what?

Installing A9LH directly from emunand when?
It doesn't seem worth it to me to do all that downgrade shit again.

After you type "Select disk 2" you just type "clean"

Are you retarded?
A9LH is installed to SysNAND. Why the fuck would you want to install it from emunand? I mean you probably can, vut then you'd just have A9LH on emunand which is fucking pointless

I think he means that, since he already have emunand, installing A9LH from that emunand to sysNAND. Which is still retarded.

Warioware (GBA) and Warioware Touched!, NSMB on blue card, TWLoader for NDS_TGM, Swapdoodle. Not a lot of real 3DS stuff.

Luma3DS 6.6 + A9LH.

Art Academy.

Also was there much interest in rewriting parts of the OP or an external documentation source? I can probably help out with a few pieces but have no experience with 11.x 3DSes for example.

It seems to be fixed now, you don't even have to purge the broken key file by hand.

You can run rxTools on sysNAND, probably even with an A9LH system, but you'd be a retard to try as it won't protect FIRM.

Nintendo tells you.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1522/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card

Yeah, not exFAT, which supposedly Windows will use if the SD card is above a certain size. Partition table needs to be MBR too.

Wii loaders use FAT32, they just split the .wbfs into multiple files.

Funnily the 2.1.0 downgrade is usually easier than the 9.2 one. If you're on an N3DS, there's even a way to skip it but it's not on 3ds.guide for now because some bricks were reported, no idea how that's progressing.

Going through Xenoblade Chronicles now that I've got a N3DS, it's pretty alright. I'm surprised the constant yapping isn't annoying me, and I love stuff like Dunban's skill being entirely his own (wielding the Monado all fancy wasn't the sword's power at all) and the Mechon in general.

Picked up A9LH to help a friend with a 2DS get through it himself, was using Luma via emunand before that. A9LH is really more of a huge convenience if you ask me, I appreciate having it but chances are I'd have stuck with emunand unless A9LH presented some pressing need to upgrade to it beyond having just the one nand and having Decrypt9 available on-boot. Definitely gonna set up 3DS systems with it from now on though.

Gifting a few people $100 each to do what they want with, I'm awful with gifts.

Right. I just didn't do "select dick 2" as a thing I was going "select disk 2 clean" which is why it didn't work. I'll move the game onto it which is W101 and around 23 GB so that's what the snag I ran into before.

I don't think thats possible since rxTools would need an ARM9 binary for A9LH to even load

Fuck, I forgot to save the OP from the thread

I have it in a notepad. Need a new thread?

In a roundabout way, it might be possible to go through A9LH -> Luma3DS -> themehax -> HBL -> rxTools. But enough perverse thoughts.

If you have the link to the artist list that's all that's really needed. Nikki cutes optional.

Did anyone else pirate pic related?

Fucking disgusting.
If you're going to fear monger, at least do it correctly.
RxTools is perfectly fine, so is EmuNAND. The only reason everyone moved to A9LH is because it was easier to teach dickheads to boot and use correctly without mucking about with SysNAND.

Why the fuck would you unironically support rxtools and emunand when they are vastly inferior to A9LH in every single way?

rxtools especially since its not even being developed anymore and is buggy as shit

Pathetic bait mateā€¦ is what I would be saying except that had to ruin my point, good job.

ayy fuck you Poe's Law is a real bitch I tell ya

By the way, is there any Holla Forums homepass mac address?

How does one split the wbfs file into multiple files?

iso to wbfs

What about WUD's?

Playan Persona Q and going to start Devil Survivor 2 at some point. I wish I had the motivation to finish Soul Hackers but fuck Exp draining moves. Also using loadiine on my WiiU is nice.

The real thread was made.

If it's just cut in half with no other fancy tricks, good ol' dd(1) ought to do it, but I've only ever ripped games from disc, it happens automatically.

WADs? I've never dealt with them but aren't they like .cia files, and all of those well below 4GB?