How often do you listen to videogame soundtracks?

How often do you listen to videogame soundtracks?

I don't mean throw it on while you grind your precious finite cellular lifespan away playing mmorpgs, but actually choose to listen to a soundtrack recreationally?

What is your favourite soundtrack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Tu4wUj7ZUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I listen to Wipeout and Hand of Fate's OST outside of vidya. Also some RoR and Shadowrun in the winter when I'm actually active and walk/jog at midnight..

I listen to the Hotline Miami and LISA soundtracks while I'm at work, and also while I'm driving.

/mu/ pls just go

Shining Force II's soundtrack is probably some of the best stuff I've ever listened to.

Crypt of the Necrodancer has 5 official soundtracks, with more in Japan. The original version was composed by the guy who did the original Binding of Issac, so it's gud. I listen to it while walking or exercising to try and keep up with the pace of the songs.
I got Beat Hazard Ultra recently, and it's soundtrack is pretty neat from what I've heard so far.
Sometimes I listen to Burnout: Revenge's soundtrack. It makes sense for going fast but I feel /mu/ would lynch me over it

Listening to a lot of Darius and other music made by ZUNTATA
Sounds like something straight up /mu/'s alley

I don't make a full body condom out of garbage bags to wear while jerking it to Neutral Milk Hotel and begging for 'daddy cummies'

postan moar ZUNTATA

I listen to Guilty Gear's OST a lot, but as of late I've just been listening to midis I've collected over the years from jokewads. There's something oddly charming about cacophonic, awful midis.

I enjoy listen to Frank Klepacki's works from time to time.

Pretty often. Currently listening to System Shock 1 a whole ton. Dat guitar part on Medial deck is great.

I also usually listen to the soundtracks of Deus Ex, Faster than Light and Sonic

Direct link to the tune I'm talking about.

I regularly download soundtracks I liked in games and listen them on my mp3 player while en route to school or work

very

All the time.

Great taste.

Like 80% of my music collection consists of Vidya OSTs. Since normalfag music in the radio is fucking gay most of the time and i hate vocals for the most part vidya music is perfect. Its super varied too. You have music ranging over a million different genres from game to game.

I dont like to pick favourites but this game had the best one on the SNES hands down.

I prefer this one, but still, great game with great musak.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Tu4wUj7ZUk

no one posted space harrier yet? Also the genesis urban strike/desert strike soundtracks are pretty great too.

Shut up, Joe.

With the exception of the Flooding cargo ship music, this is a great use of Gensis' sound chip. That and Earthworm Jim 1/2.

All the time niggas, time to post some stuff.

The game might be a MMO but the boss music is 10/10.

Get funky with me, come on!

Certainly more often than I listen to regular music.

Which Sonic?

I like all the songs in it.

Snes era in general had GOAT tier OSTs

Another favourite of mine is lufia. Great fucking songs.

I don't remember people complaining about One Level, One Song.

I want to tell /mu/ oldfags I like DragonForce and that them editing their songs with computers is a meme.

Waaay too often.

all the time. I've grown very fond of the game series Cotton in recent months and have fallen in love with the soundtrack. The composer mostly worked exclusively on the cotton games and hasn't really done anything else since, except I think one or two VNs on the classic xbox. It's energetic, has a unique identity, wonderful recurring tunes and they all represent the system the games were for really well. The games are solid classical shooters too, If you want a good challenge that doesn't rely on dude danmaku lmao check em out. The saturn games are also the best in the series.

the panzer dragoon soundtrack has also become something I love. The heavy bass and kick drums have this primal feel to them, like you're on the hunt and the chase just began. I listen to these while working very often. Really just listen to the first webm and tell me it doesn't make you want to tackle that deer, tear it apart and feed yourself with it on the spot.

Usually only when a thread like this pops up and I have to look for examples of soundtracks I like. The only sound track that honestly stands out as being worth listening to out-of-game is JGR's. Though lately I have been listening to Shantae HGH's soundtrack - because I got a physical copy that came with the soundtrack and it was just laying around in the car. We have shit for radio stations here, and my phone is dead, so it was either that or NPR.

pretty much all the time
FORWARD AND BACK

For me it's maybe once a week for the same track. My favorites are vid related first and Spellforce OST second.

Where is Holla Forums?

I listen to Touhou rearranges all the time. Necrofantasia in particular has lots of good ones. Bonus points for those whose lyrics describe Maribel becoming Yukari.

Video game music is the only good music
The majority of non-video game music is garbage.

I wish there were more soundtracks like this.

Video game music is pretty much the only thing I listen to on a consisten basis. Not to say I don't listen to non-video game music, but that's the minority of the time.
My favorite soundtrack is Okami

They're my primary musical consumption.

It's what I mostly listen to. I found a youtube channel that did a couple mashups of SST's songs. I wanna listen to an actual duet between Takenobu Mistuyoshi and Dennis St. James now

Im listening to one right now, but i don't actually have any favorite. Nor any favorite "genre" of Vidya soundtrack, Hells March, Working Together, Splash Wave and so on, it is all good shit.

This shit here is probably the best new battle theme of the year if you ask me though.

I think that image originates from halfies during the time /new/ WAS Holla Forums.

All the time. That's the only type of music I even listen to.

All the fucking time. It's my primary source of music. I usually listen to music from RPGs and stuff. Good shit.

All the time. It's usually what gets me in the mood to play games.

Nice. Saved.

Lots of Nintendo stuff:

Kirby is excellent, especially Robobot remixes of my old favorites.

Zelda Symphonic arrangements are fucking fantastic both recorded professionally and recorded live from their touring symphony.

Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds and XIV soundtracks are awesome even though I've never played a proper FF game. Just Crystal Chronicles.

Super Mario Sunshine/3D Land/Mario Lands 1,2, and 3 (GB)

Persona Q/3/5 OST

last but not least

F-Zero X, GX, and Arranged Guitar Album

God tier shit, mang.

Also I have a KHInsider account, so if ye anons want some shit, lemme know in the share thread

I hardly listen to anything else now. I can't even use non-game music for exercising at home now.

I hardly listen to music. There's barely any musician or band that made more than 3 songs I enjoy.

As far as vidya goes, I only listent to a couple of songs from Secret of Mana and La-Mulana.

Let me tell you, this boss battle was intense.

2hu every now and then, but mostly the fucking great remixes like embed

Deus Ex soundtrack