PSP Thread

Seeing the Vita, I have a feeling the PSP died in the west due to lack of support from Sony. Unlike the Vita, Sony didn't go out of their way to kill it. What vidya did you like on this thing?

I should give Yggdra Union another go. I barely picked it up but after another user started describing the mechanics, I want to give it try. I don't know if I want to play the Prinny games again. Hell's Finest mode made my boypussy loose

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!YoclnaaL!BY7gGzc1r_uZoq4NRxnsno2oIKOPrNjQ1XAkCRvJ_oM
nicoblog.org/psp/no-heroes-allowed-usa/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS_one_Classics_(North_America)
pastebin.com/mpU44n5x
mega.nz/#F!ctFVnSZb!2p3WsIqoenMOcTcTlgAtZw
mega.nz/#F!D1ggBBTA!px-NfWQveotEDuGFJk2uxA
mega.nz/#!CR8j0LoQ!xsUZKH8s-0IYwj21B4e1sDmL3Ha8s0FMGVIKfIOtooo
mega.nz/#!CUNl2BaB!KsKMa2XnoZLCvI0i5GpKsuW8Eygn7gFDWxZ25awtlNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nayuta No Kiseki is the best game on the console. There is a fan-translation that is decent.

This is pretty fun.

Yes, you should. It's a fantastic game, and the music is pretty solid for a PSP game. Yggdra also a qt Milanor more qt.

Still been slowly working at updating this now that the PSP is pretty much done and the only new games it's going to be seeing in English being fan-translations (I wish the guy working on Sol Trigger would post a fucking update). Would be nice if some anons could help provide a bit more of a description for ones that are too brief, as well as contribute games and descriptions that still need to be added. Bear in mind that this is still a work in progress at this point, so what is or isn't there may be subject to change.

Anyone have a download for class of heroes 2? Nicoblog has it but they use adfly (which is horrible on android)

Sounds pretty neat. I'll give it a try.

Just got a Droidbox so hopefully it can play it. If not it's back to the modded PSP.

I have the game. Is a MEGA link fine with you?

Perfect

It's done.

Class of Heroes 2.iso 615.9 MB
mega.nz/#!YoclnaaL!BY7gGzc1r_uZoq4NRxnsno2oIKOPrNjQ1XAkCRvJ_oM

Thanks user.

Merry Christmas. Also how many of you have played this? It's definitely one of my favorite PSP games and it's a damn shame the spiritual successors of this game somehow didn't surpass it. The Guided Fate Paradox wasn't bad but The Guided Fate Ultimatum was a mistake.

I played a bit of the 1st. It was kinda clunky and i heard the 2nd fixed alot. I might go black to 1 when i finish this.

I loved it. It was hilarious and hype all at the same time.

Any of you got No Heroes Allowed?

Replace Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins with Gokou Makai Mura, it's re-balanced so it plays like the originals without there being a clusterfuck of enemies on-screen all the time to chip away at your increased hit-points. Plus it includes the original.

The Guided Fate Paradox fixed many things gameplay wise. Specials are now tied to SP instead of Hunger so you won't be auto attacking as much. Partner system gives you a huge advantage but everything is now harder too. Super moves are shortcut to a flick of the analog stick making it so combat is much faster. You can also summon specific sets of equipment temporarily to get yourself out of risky situations or deal absurd amounts of damage quickly.

Despite all of that, It completely lacks the charm of the first game. The MC is pretty boring and the story is pretty bad IMO. I couldn't bring myself to care for any of the characters. I was pissed when the game forced the main heroine on my team for the final mission after training the green haired angel who cooks well. She covered my characters flaws of lacking damage because I was a dodge tank.

The game hypes up the final boss the whole game. When you actually fight him, he's stupid powerful too with so much fucking attack range it's almost bullshit. Had to grind his minions while wearing that HP regen hat to win. I'm glad he lived up to the hype. But it's stupid how the story talks about you turning inhuman to defeat him but your angel friend keeps you together. Instead of fighting together, you fight alone and you don't get stronger from going full edge mode. Essentially making both sides of "The power of friendship" and "The machine is turning you into an emotionless weapon" completely moot. Reasons like that and many others are why the plot really suffers.

I just use no script to not deal with the ads.
nicoblog.org/psp/no-heroes-allowed-usa/

I still can't find any damn sprite sheet for the psp version.

Recommend me some good emulators for the psp

Retroarch wont save my games

Both of those are in ZHP IIRC

Also this is the case with ZHP too. You pretty much have to cheese the final boss by getting him stuck if you don't want to grind forever.

You misunderstand. I need an emulator FOR the psp. Not a psp emulator

Oh. My bad.

In ZHP, I don't think there was a way to instantly select special moves from the equipment you wore. You have to select it manually. As for the equipment summon, I don't remember if it was there or not. If it was, I never used it to beat the main story.

I don't remember cheesing the boss but I'm sure they didn't want you to stand in front of him and just try to punch him until he dies. Hit and run tactics did let me beat him though. They don't give you enough enemies to kill to straight up fight him face to face. TGFP's final boss is a massive cunt compared to Darkdeath Evilman. Simply walking up to him is suicide because his attack range is like 5 spaces all around him and by the time you don't get up to him to punch him in the dick he teleports to the other side of the map to nuke it. You have to use moves to jump your way to his ass so you can fight him up close or waste energy throwing people at him.

Another thing in TGFP I didn't like was that the God Transformation wasn't nearly as versatile as the one in ZHP. It was just invincibility and a stage nuke. Sure it's useful and the only reason why I beat the stage 4 boss but it didn't do much else. Or was I just playing wrong? All my special moves in God mode was the sword slash AOE attack.

Good point. I suppose that it's easily playable without needing to have the text in English?

Hadn't the prior devs at NIS that had worked on it left by the point of GFU?

Yeah.

Literally the best way to kill him is to stand in front of him and punch him until he dies
after you get him stuck behind an obstacle because he gets multiple attacks per turn and unless you've been grinding hard he hits for 4 digits of damage on each attack and his super attack is instant kill unless blocked but that is super telegraphed

Alright, I'll go find the Japanese cover and tweak the text for it.

Just to double check, it essentially contains both a port of the original game as well as the remake in the same package (similar to what happened with Odin Sphere Leifthrasir)?

Looks like there's two Japanese covers. Just to confirm, Gokou Makai Mura is the one being recommended, not Goku Makai Mura Kai?

Yeah, basically.

It's Kai, the right one.

Alright, I'll go work on that now then. What's the difference between the vanilla JP PSP release and the Kai one, anyhow?

Which is the game with the best story for the PSP?

Out of every psp game?

The Sims 2: Pets

At least out of that list

Despite playing a lot of games I want to be fully immersed into something

For some reason Tactics Ogre, despite being the one I feel the most solid, I stop playing it too often so it feels neverending

Persona 1, 2, and 3 are solid.

In the original version they remove double jumping, tack on a half-assed magic pool for special attacks, and give you 3-4 hit points that recover when you pick up armor instead of 2 like the original games, and litter the screen with enemies as a band-aid to make the game challenging. Kai makes it less shit.

Okay. One last thing; when you say it includes the original, do you mean a port of the original Makaimura (ala how, say, Metroid Zero Mission also included a bonus port of Metroid NES), or the non-Kai version of Goku Makaimura? Just wanting to make sure I'm getting the correct information written up for it.

No,no, no, Kai's an update to Ultimate, the series is Makai Mura in Japan, GokuMakaiMura is name of the PSP release, Kai is like when nips add Shin to something to make it sound new. When I said original I meant like the original games, Ultimate plays like ass.

Yeah, I get that. It's just that up in you said "Plus it includes the original", so I'm just trying to make sure as to what original you mean: the original Makaimura as a port, or the original Goku Makaimura.

I forgot to add Kai to my post so it didn't help.

Best game on the PSP.

9/10 pretty solid game.

North America (I'm still short 89 titles) official Sony released PSOne Classics games for the PSP. I used this list (Japanese titles are "Imports" so you can follow my reasoning here) - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS_one_Classics_(North_America)

As in, these are the games you would play on a PSP that are normally downloaded from the Playstation Store.

A few of them, yes, I actually purchased.

You do require CFW, unless you have the license. Chances are you don't, so you need CFW. Every PSP model supports CFW, it's literally a 60 second process to run.

If you have a store-sourced classic that I do not already have, please let me know, and I would appreciate it if you could get it to me so I can add it to the collection.

The list that I still need is here - pastebin.com/mpU44n5x

North American Archive part 1 - mega.nz/#F!ctFVnSZb!2p3WsIqoenMOcTcTlgAtZw

North American "Imports" archive - mega.nz/#F!D1ggBBTA!px-NfWQveotEDuGFJk2uxA

torrents are here, but I'm having trouble with connectivity, so if you can grab the games from mega, then point the torrents at them, you'd be doing me a huge favor

mega.nz/#!CR8j0LoQ!xsUZKH8s-0IYwj21B4e1sDmL3Ha8s0FMGVIKfIOtooo
mega.nz/#!CUNl2BaB!KsKMa2XnoZLCvI0i5GpKsuW8Eygn7gFDWxZ25awtlNU

GPU took all the depth away from the second game and turned it into a mystery dungeon game. The plot tried to be full of choices and clashing morals but every choice you made railroaded you into a linear story. Essentially no matter what plot point you pick, the same thing will happen.

The old NIS crew also left before Disgaea 5 was complete and it's one of the best in the series IMO. I wonder if they left after it was nearly finished or the new team is actually good and just fucked up GFU.

That downloading limit really screws things like this up.

The dump I got never started… I was really looking forward to playing jt

that's why I offered the torrents, too

Add Gachitora to that list. Pretty much similar to Kenka Bancho and Yakuza games. You play as a Yakuza who ends up becoming a teacher. Pretty much GTO the game.

doesnt jdownloader bypass it?

PSSSSSSSSSTT

No but MegaDownloader does not have the limit in place (However it can`t handle this 44.x GiB file, getting stuck at 35 GiB. Oh well everything lower works perfectly fine.). However it has been dead since around three years ago.

it's a bunch of small files, not one file

no

megadownloader a shit because it only works when it wants to.

I'll give it some consideration. Assuming it's JP only, how readily playable is it without knowing moon?

Vita died in the west because JRPGs, VNs, and other weebgames can't support a console on their own here. They're a nice bonus cottage industry to have but unless you have normalfag-friendly games to prop the system up, it's doomed to fail.
They tried with the PSP early on but the kind of people that like Sony's west-pandering games don't like handhelds, so before long it was nothing but weebgames (that were mostly pirated).
Nintendo's strategy of pandering to kids/parents was the only sustainable business model in the age of handhelds. Only time will tell if that will follow through the age of the gaming tablet with the Switch.

It's good if you can get past the forced tutorial missions. Give it a shot.

I find it very VERY funny I didn't make this post. But I was going to make this post anyway.

Great minds thing alike an Nayuta no Kiseki is hands down the best game on the PSP. It plays like a home console with much more processing power, looks great, has good action, long gameplay, lots of shit to do, nice music, and so much more.

If you haven't played Nayuta you need to right now to see what exactly the PSP was capable of.

I gave pic 2 the most hours on my PSP though.

Sony being a bunch of idiots "killed" the Vita in the west. And even then it's still getting a ton of games. I don't know what they were thinking. If it had Monster Hunter it would have been a monster.

I find it much more likely that it's been a combination of memory card prices (compared to how much space you're actually getting) and the push for digital only releases that has done more damage to the Vita. Had they had better memory card prices (or allowed for cheap third party ones), more of an option for physical releases, not tethering saves to game data (which make save backups a pain in the ass), and knew who their audience was (don't try to push western crap on a consumerbase more apt to buy Japanese made games for handhelds), I think it could have done a lot better.

Sony handled the vita extremely poorly in the west and east and for one thing it's not because of jrpgs. They didn't give us access to the newer units and the memory card prices were bonkers despite us needed them to DL large games on. It didn't die because of JRPGs it died by not having enough weeb shit or dudebro sports. Why didn't I get Grandia 3 or Star Ocean 3 Xenosaga or some of the PS2 shit on the Vita? Why didn't I get Ex Troopers or Sonics on the Vita where they belonged? See half the problem was Sony wasn't incentivizing the device even in japan so we got some single A devs using engines that could also be used on PC so they wouldn't lose money on Vita sales alone.

Sony is full of fucking shit and have been mismanaging things for decades much like every other japanese company whose management still thinks its 1978. What sony has to do to run their systems is cram as much weeb shit as possible in there and EA sports games. That's how PS2 PSP and PS1 worked anyway. You've got one thing right though, Nintendo makes all of its money on children and manbabies.

You need the music patch that replaces the P3 j-pop with the original soundtrack. the new music is gratingly bad on this one. The original sounds so much better and I'm ashamed I didn't patch it in until the last leg of the game.

It really does seem like a lost opportunity that the only classic PS2 JRPGs to receive ports or remakes on the Vita were Persona 4, FFX, and FFX-2 to my knowledge. Which isn't to say that a system shouldn't have titles original to it, but I can think of plenty of old classics that could have benefitted from another day in the limelight. .hack (IMOQ and G.U.), various Tales games (why was the 3DS to chosen place for an Abyss port?), Wild Arms, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, etc. Though, it might be worth saying that even with the PS3 there was a missed opportunity for rereleases; only Tales of Symphonia, FFX/X-2, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts 2 saw "HD" collections as far as JRPGs went, though maybe I'm forgetting some.

Fuck the PS2 games, why didn't I get that goddamn Lost Planet 2 port?

It has markers for the main story stuff so it shouldn't be too hard.

Is the gameplay fun enough that understanding the text/what's going on isn't that important?

Holy shit, there are patches for this? Fill me in.

Is it ever the gamers fault with you guys? Are you seriously retarded enough to think Sony WANTS their investments to fail?

This. Weebshit doesn't sell. The only million plus seller is Final Fantasy.

The mainstream normalfags play (online) shooters and WRPGs.

With the Vita, they did. Flat out said "Fuck this, I'm out" after barely 2 years.

Sony didn't even try with the Vita, they let the thing ship with hardly any games and the ones they did ship were likely not even quality tested

Sony (all branches, but especially the western ones) have a habit of making stupid decisions. And with the Vita, they HAVE to be aware of their screwups with it at this point (memory card costs, save tethering, digital only shit, making multiplat Vita/PS3/PS4 games PS4 only in the west, not encouraging publishers to bring over games people want, etc), but they won't acknowledge or do anything about most of that, instead opting to write it off as a failed system, as if it's the customer's fault it flopped.

I've certainly got my own gripes against Nintendo these days (I don't even have a Wii U or 3DS), but I will give them credit for getting the 3DS out of the hole it was in early on.

Are you new here? We have ID's that let us know when someone is samefagging.

That fucking second analogue stick

I gave Rock Band Unplugged a shot the other day. For a handheld rhythm game, it's about as much as I expected. Some of the busier songs are a nightmare to keep up with on a PSP-1000's buttons, but the groovier ones are fun. It just sucks that the game constantly force alternates you between instruments mid-song in everything but the "dick around" mode hidden away in the Extras menu, it ruins the experience completely.

Bump