Can someone explain whats with Japan and Giant Enemy Crabs?

Can someone explain whats with Japan and Giant Enemy Crabs?

Japan loves crabs because they're delicious.
Man i fucking love crab meat.
Every time there's a crab enemy in a game i just get so fucking hungry, i wanna eat them all.
Fuck that thing tho, that's no crab, that's a spider, i hate spiders.

So you think giant crabs would be friendly?
You're delusional.

It's part of Japanese history

Japan has big crabs in real life.

You're a big crab

Have you seen the demo?
It has Pincers.

Your you

Are you saying spiders can't have pincers? Reported for racism

Same reason people think America is Cheeseburger.

I'm more sick of giant one eyed creatures.

Oh this thread again, has it really been a month already?

I'm inclined to call you a shill.

Good thing this has fourteen eyes then

Crabs, arachnids and beetles are the mechs of nature.

I got a one eyed monster for ya right here

That's not the eye.

This guy gets it
I'm a gook and all AZNs loves crap hell out of it.
Crap soup, grilled crap, steamed crap, fried crap, crap damped in soy sauce, crap rice, chillie crap, holy shit I love craps!
There is nothing wrong about obsessing with craps.

'Merica is literally cheeseburger tho.

Whoever makes that needs to kill themselves.

Japan's history is filled with conflicts involving sea creatures that continue to this very day!

good luck with that

You probably prefer red cocks on your burger, right?

Whoa user, I guess we all better watch ourselves around you, you got that razor sharp wit to ya. Oh man, you really ripped me a new asshole user, I need some preparation H for my assburn that you just gave me. Fuck user, however could you come up with something that witty? A real genius of wit ya are.

I'm very happy I could impress you with my incredible intellect. Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson about being more careful with what you post.

Too much plant matter for America.

That looks amazing.

That patty looks like a turd

Crabs are the most dangerous creatures on the planet. Which is also why they're the tastiest.

FUCK FLESH

Stupid Japanese could have learned to breed those and help African kids who don't have any food, or any other starving nation for that matter, but nah, they decided to flip all of them over and they went extinct.

The Europeans tried that and look how well it went.

The only thing that looks remotely edible there are just the crab legs…
Its just too risky, everything else there is probably still alive and would make a weird noise if stabbed.

They have some weird synergy with crabs. There's even a species of Japanese crab that looks like a Samurai's mask.

Maybe it was the Samurai who made the mask in their image.

The Japanese think the horseshoe crab are the long lost spirits of the Heike clan, who plunged themselves to their death at the battle of Dan-no-Ura.

The Japanese have a lot of myths relating to crabs.

Once the crab is bright red it is certainly dead and finely cooked, I have to say, I would like to try some nice crab meat in a soup one of these days, I think I forgot how it tastes but it is quite expensive in my country.

Kabuto! wait… Kabuto! now I get it.

No one eats crab "partially alive," because crabs are full of parasites. Their body composition is such that they can be full of parasites and infectious microbes, but not be affected by them.

You have to boil the shit out of crab to kill the parasites.

Ramsay poaches the lobster, but even then it is through boiling water, is that enough?

That's lobster, bit different. You should check his video of him going for King Crab.

Fuck it, we're doing Youtube links, I'll link it.

Is that grilled cheese sandwiches as the bread for a burger?

Yes it is, never heard of that before?

Thanks man, so it is really different I see.

Just saw the name, I remember reading about that place. Is that a Heart Attack restaurant burger?

I used to crab with my father, but I never tried to catch a lobster. Lobster's pretty delicate and for some reason they're not parasite factories like crabs are. My father used to kill crabs with a screwdriver handle though, he'd bash their brains in (killing them instantly), as opposed to stabbing them and having them bleed to death. Gordon calls that "humane," but I feel like it's probably not. Anyway we'd always throw the bodies back for fish and other crabs to eat, I can't imagine with their swimming hole so far away they did that with the king crab body.

I couldn't tell ya, to be quite honest, it's not a new concept though. They been doing ridiculous shit like this for so long now. You want to hear fucking disgusting? Deep fried butter. Now THAT is a heart attack waiting to happen.

TFW /ck/ is DEAD.

Fucking King Crab's body is usually discarded, is overpopulating and it is still hyper expensive here! what the fuck is wrong with the food industry!?

Also, I remember how in the old ages lobster wasn't even a delicacy, something happened through the years and suddenly it was a fancy dish.

King Crab is rough shit to catch.

Didn't look that hard except for the fact that is freezing, with today's technology it would be easier to catch, just make a small submarine with pincers and a container.

Well, in Asia dishes that are "sweeter" are considered fairly normal. For example, they do "squid jerky" which is not so much jerky as it is dried squid with a bit of sugar and some form of spice. So it's a bit of a sweet taste, they use the sugar to keep it from spoiling, because it's a good preservative and keeps the pests away. Why pests don't like sugar, you got me.

Anyway.. Crab is a bit of a sweet meat, whereas lobster is a really savory meat. Someone decided to push the idea that sweeter meats weren't as good, and that if you really want a good meal, what you want is some savory meat. So crab went from being a typical delicacy (that was easy to get) to falling by the wayside in favor of red rock lobster.

Just like chuck meat used to be considered the best cut of beef, if you ground it or made steaks from it, you had a pretty good meal. But nowadays they push the idea of different cuts for steaks, and chuck is considered to be the shit meat that no one wants, which makes it cheaper. So you can get the good stuff for less if you're willing to treat it right.

But when you go into a restaurant, it's lobster and fillet steaks, as opposed to steaks made from chuck.

As to what's wrong with the food industry it's a global issue, just look at China where they cut off the fins from sharks and then they don't even use the shark meat, they throw the bodies away. Disgusting practice.

The Japanese get a lot of shit for hunting down whales, but at least they use every part of the whale.

I want /n/ to leave

Sounds like a perfect element for a big conspiracy theory.

I remember a story about how bacon is bad for you, but somehow a guy manipulated a panel of doctors to admit that eating bacon is better for you than not eating bacon simply on the virtue of the actual question asked. "Would you say it's better to eat a meal with bacon, or not eat a meal at all?" or something like that, and so the doctors logically agreed that it was better to eat a meal so that your body had energy.

Or how the De Beers company owns the exclusive rights to every diamond mine on the planet, so they push the idea of diamonds being rare and artificially withhold supply to drive up demand, but in fact diamonds are one of the most common pieces of carbon in the earth.

Or how truffles are plentiful and can be grown in huge supply and easily fulfill demand, but a company has a patent on truffles so they only sell small quantities at a time for a price bubble (like Nintendo does with their shit).

That kind of a conspiracy theory? I dunno, maybe. I like that chuck meat is so damn cheap, I don't want to shine a light on that one.

OK, Now I will have to find the name of chuck meat in Spanish and see what I can do.

I recall reading something about artificial diamonds being easily made to replace the "rarer" and more expensive original ones but someone was pushing the idea of that not being the same, in any case, for practical uses artificial diamonds work just as well.

Speaking of diamonds, I miss the "diamonds are the hardest metal" copypasta.

Maybe I am terrible at chemistry but isn't carbon and thus diamond a non-metal?

Yes, you're absolutely right, diamond is not a metal. That was part of what made the copypasta so funny.

Somehow playing Space Engineers made me learn a little, although I don't remember if I ever found carbon.

Space Eng is one of my favorite games. Astronomy is another subject I'm pretty excited about. But no, I don't remember finding carbon either. Is that a new material? It's been a while since I played, you gotta be in the right mood for Space Eng.

I have to reinstall after some failure I got in my HDD (a separate one I had for just games), the latest update gave some graphic reworks on all blocks, everything looks nicer, I don't recall any new materials.

I had to replace my HDD a year or two ago, I know that feel. I just bought my third HDD for games, a 250gb SSD. What the fuck happened to all the talk about how flash memory was going to be the future of storage?

How new are you and also they are called minerals.

I scanned it and all, not sure why it started to fail but I decided to move whatever I could to the main drive, that one was a Seagate and my current drives are Hitachi and WD, I gave the other to my cousin after giving said scan with no problems, it seemed to fail in certain "big games" or something and gave a clicking sound, but not quite a physical click, more like a "reading" click.

I know they are called minerals too, but when it came to periodic table classification I remember there was Metal, Non-metal and Inert Gas.

Almost every burger video by BBQ Pit boys is ground chuck. Anyway they're a pretty awesome channel, I've wanted to make a few of their recipes but I never bothered. The donut burger seems like a pretty awesome concept though.

Every hard drive failure I've had was a fucking Seagate. I won't buy their drives anymore.

Looks like my second drive is also a seagate, after checking my stuff it looks like the WD is the external one I have for swapping stuff, so I'll have to preemptively buy an internal WD next just to be safe.

Ah I understand you. And how new are you you never heard that copypasta

Maybe not that new, just unlucky enough to have never coming across said pasta, I am also a former refugee from half-chan during GG.

It's a 2005 meme.

I guess I was just not lucky enough.

nice bullshot

It's a bug from the ocean. A giant bug. Of course gooks love it.

Wasn't aware you could patent pre-existing organisms, you got a source for that buddy?

Yeah, thats a disgusting Stereotype

Why isn't there a japanese game where i can play as a Giant Brave Strong …

HEROIC CRAB ?

Craps are very important symbolically. You should all know as it represents Cancer. Both the zodiac and the shit this site gives me. It crosses between the underworld and our world throughout its life. Most good games have these concepts infused into their game on some level. Some more obvious then others.

Well, you see, it goes back to World War I (not II, this was when Japan fought for the Allied Powers) They sent a small detachment to Texas, fearing that the Mexicans would act on the Zimmerman Note and invade. Naturally, this didn't happen (until about a century later) so they were obligated to stay put in Brownsville and dick around. One night: some American soldiers decided to fuck with the Japanese and brought some crabs from South Padre and they put the animals in their cots while they were sleeping. Reportedly, it was more hilarious than the soldiers were expecting. There has naturally been bitter animosity between Americans and Japanese ever since.

maybe the japanese evolved from crabs

Floyd stated that it is gastronomically correct to just boil them alive though

The nukes really fucked them up.