Are the Wii U and Xbox One dead in 2017?

Are the Wii U and Xbox One dead in 2017?

It seems like all the potentially good games are by and large PC or Playstation 4 titles. Across the board. The Switch of course may be a dark horse but Nintendos repeated "see what sticks" amiibo style burn strategies dont exactly show a longterm confidence so who knows there but the worst off seems to be the xbone users that are getting scalebound that looks like the worst in a series of declining Platinum releases and will probably get the halo and gears corpses dragged out again for another declining return on investments.

So whats the deal next year? is it really turning into a market thats sony for console, pc for high end and nintendo for handhelds?

The Wii U is basically fucking dead, its been dead this year but 2017 is the nail in the coffin. As for the Xbone its still got a big enough audience to support it, but it wont get much in the way in weeb support.

How many PS4s did PS4 corp sell?

xbone will never die; microsoft will just keep pumping money into it to keep it afloat forever even if nobody uses them

Wii U has been dead on arrival.

To be fair to it there are regions where the Xbone is still outsold by the fucking PSP.

All the consoles are dead.

PSP is the best handheld emulation system of all time that's not a phone.

Wii U is only alive through homebrew and hacking

Can someone redpill me who the avatarfag is that uses these touhou reaction images on every board?

It's some Chinese meme from what I've heard. I find them interesting so I've been saving all the ones I come across, maybe they'll come in handy someday.

It's basically dead. Hopefully the price for games will drop so I can pick a some games up cheap.

Dead if you have a PC and possibly windows 10. Idk how it works, there haven't been any Xbone/PC games I've been interested in.

The WiiU was one for Holla Forums at one point. It still is imo, speaking as an idort with a job and an unhealthy collector mindset; I know Holla Forums has a bug up its ass about that sort of thing.

I have my doubts about the switch really taking off, Sony has the edge on it I think.0

Semi related, Wii U worth picking up yet? Has it got anything going for it homebrew/emulator wise?

Sony always wins baby.

Idk if it's an avatar-fag on Holla Forums, but an artist on pixiv draws these and the just really took off due to their cuteness/exploitable-ness.

That's a girl, right?

The problem with the Wii U in the west was NOA fucking with releases. Also the Wii U was just fucking barren the last year or two. Their were good games coming out but they were way too far in-between. Plus most people did not want to deal with what NOA and their cohorts did to the games that came out. Remember how fucking excited everybody was for XCX? Then all that shit happened and we had like 2 threads here actually about the game. Seeing as how there is not going to be a new Vita the Switch will probably be taking over the Vita's marketshare in japan which will probably result in it getting a lot of niche-japanese games that are right up Holla Forums's alley. If NOA smartens up or steps aside, unfortunately that looks like a really fucking big IF right now.

It's a grill

That's something that had crossed my mind a few times. Today I dusted off my Vita to replay Coldsteel and it definitely shows it's age. Hopefully NoA fucks off or Sony nuts up and makes a new handheld (even if I have to import it and learn nip to play) because you're making me worry now.

I can't believe it's so hard to tell nowadays.

Yeah if Nintendo even just stayed out of everyone's business switch taking over the Vita wouldn't be that bad. However Nintendo has a bad habit of taking over localizations done by other companies as well.

Eh it just means more shit to fap to anyways since they only look like that in pictures. You aren't going to get fooled in rl anytime soon. So you might as well jerk off to whatever looks nice if it turns out to be a cute boy oh well.

just get the wii u and get the homebrew launcher on it

Easier than the 3DS.
>you can get the homebrew on the latest firmware 5.5.1
its pretty good
if you get it cheap, but you might want to get an external hard drive with its own power source if you want to play even more games.

So the emulators are shit then?

Didn't realize it had Freeshop on Wii U. Pretty useful.

no freeshop but you use nusgrabber funkiiu or some other crap on your computer to grab the files, use an ftp server or put the files in your sd card, use a wupinstaller to instlal the files and ezpz a free game
retroarch is good enough.
there's also VC injection which means you can play some DS, GBA, SNES, NES games that you could play on the Wii U but isn't on the eshop like Sonic Rush or Elite Beats Agent/Osu!, etc.
it also has an "app store" which manages all the apps/programs you installed, there are multiple repositories you can use, like a package manger in linux

The fact that the Wii U needs this when the fucking Wii didn't just pisses me off so much. Having a tiny drive plugged in sitting on top of console is acceptable. However it needing to be as big as the actual console and take up another power socket is just inexcusable.

you can just use a usb stick alternatively.
also with any storage has a limit of 2TiBs

Never EVER post your collection of rare Mokous online.

I like how PC is just another console option and not the default fucking gaming platform.

let me play doubles avocado

xbone sales have overtook ps4 sales recently (in freedom land), because sony shat the bed on ps4pro features

Wii u was dead on arrival
switch will follow it as well.
ps4 will still grow somewhat if it can get some more games under its belt
xbox one hasn't caught a break yet probably wont there is almost nothing on its horizon

That limit seems pretty okay I think you can comfortably fit the entire Wii U library on a 2TB drive.

The Wii U is like a dead clown. It doesn't do much but sometimes it twitches, and it's fucking entertaining when it does.
The Xbone is just a regular dead guy but he smells and you need to pay to keep him clean.

If Sony didn't go and make online cost money I might have considered the PS4, but I have too many consoles and rotate through them every month, so PS+ isn't viable. 3DS and Vita are nice at least.

It's a distinct pastability, for the wii u. There's mushroom for the xbone to still diddle around before Zitivolves into the new windows gaming format.

Considering the market dominance of windows, that's a good thing

You ARE talking about the Wii U and not the 3DS, yes? Fuck, I stopped watching the snail's pace development for that piece of shit for like 2 months after keeping an eye on it all year and some non-moralfag finally cracked the code? Guess it's time to dust mine off and play with it a bit again then.

Pretty sure that's a dude, still saved.

I hope most people on Holla Forums have the sense to wait for Piracy IF the Switch gets it

NoJ is truly run by fucking monkeys just as bad as the ones at NoA if they don't lock shit down for years like Sony did with the Vita. I do hope it gets cracked wide open quickly though if it's not region free since it seems like Memehouse is going nowhere anytime soon.

It is region free.

Are you trying to cheat me?

That isn't confirmed yet just rumors/leaks. Is there anyway that the switch being region free would create enough competition for NOA to change their ways?

I don't see any reason to bother with Nintendo if I have to learn Japanese just to not have shitty censored meme "localizations" shoved down my throat. The quality of their games has steadily been getting worse for a long time, as well. I'm not even sure if the Switch will be worth picking up when it's cracked with the rate Nintendo is going to absolute shit.

The problems with Nintendo International Which is the actual name of NoJ aren't as bad as at NoA
The Problem at Kyoto is that the people at the top have gotten a bit set in their ways while some of the new people coming in like the Splatoon Dev team have talent, while everything in NoA is absolutely fucked from Reggie right down to the guys working in the cafe

Fair enough, though there are going to be retards here who buy it day one and now wait for piracy

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Probably not. The average guy who wants to play a game will go to a game shop and pick it up, or download it.
Region locking exists for another reason. Vidya is more expensive in some countries, so there are people in those countries who buy the games cheap somewhere else to resell. This includes Japan sometimes, you'll have Japs buying the international version of some games because they cost more in Japan. Steam had the same issue. You had foreign guys buying games for dirt cheap and selling them to Australians, where the games are expensive.

NoA are insistent on keeping Nintendo a causal, family friendly company. NoJ tried to push into different territory, but NoA don't really care about games like Xenoblade X because they don't match with their idea of Nintendo. That's why they have less of a reason to give a shit when it comes to translation. Best we could do to fix NoA short of giving Reggie a stern talking to followed by a plank to the head would be getting weebs into the translation team. People who get incredibly anal over their chinese cartoons not being authentic in other languages. Those guys would at least have some pride in their work.

Yep, and they'll never learn too

Even outside piracy buying a console or anything day 1 is a stupid idea. See the 360 (RROD), PS3 (Price), Wii U (Update bricking), Dualshock 4 (Stick rubber wearing out), Xbox One Elite controller (Stick drift), and that PS3 game where the localization was so bad it could brick the console

At least we can learn off of the mistakes of fools I guess

Yeah dude the fucking wii u.

Did you get Smash 4 and think DLC is fucking bullshit and i think the amiibo crap too? you can pirate that shit.
Want to hack the region lock? Yeah dude play that crappy JPN copy.
Do you want to undub and also uncensor Xenoblade Chronicles X? Sure.

Why are localization companies so fucking terrible?

You already have Weebs in the Translation team, they just happen to also be SJW

Yeah, who wants japanese memes and literal translations in my games? Skells sounds more serious than Dolls. Weebs aren't better. They should have localize the game by the NOE team.

That's a developer issue not localization issue. The developers must only copypasted the received translated text from the localization team with no checking.

Are there actually Wii U homebrew games?
I'd like to think that within the next 5 years, there'll be a small community of people who make decent homebrew games for Wii U that utilize the Gamepad or something similar. Sounds unlikely, though.

This guy just crashed his value in the rare momo market, after the pepe market crashed you thin he would have learned.

Tits or gtfo

hairbrush in pooper

I'm guessing MS will abandon Xbox One early and introduce their next console, Project Scorpio, in a year or two.

theres games, but they're ports/remakes of basic games like pong, asteroids, basic programs to paint things (pointless because art academy exist), etc.

Will probably see ports of the existing homebrew games if possible, as people have been porting useful programs like ftpii to the wii u