Uncle Death

Anyone still playing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ipetitions.com/petition/xcom24ps4
gematsu.com/2016/12/let-die-launches-february-2-japan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stuck with a boss at floor 23

u like to play gay sex haha

haha owned haha you sure fragged that charlie know what I'm saying haha OWNED haha

Also does anyone know where I can get the painting that shows when you launch the game at 1080p or higher?

Screen capture?

Yeah but it will be lossy wont it?

Nah, the PS4 caps are pretty good.

But is it PERFECT?

Also it seems kinda cropped from a larger painting. I wonder if the whole thing is out there.

Playing slow, still exploring the side areas in the lower floors.

Still playing it a bit off and on. I really want to beat it, but Christ do I not want to grind up 91k coins/roll up a new fighter every time I wipe on floor 26.
I probably just gotta grind up new blue prints and level the new weapons up, since even with a rank 5 fighter it still takes forever to kill anything.

I'm ready to fight Jackson at floor 20, but for the last 3 days i've been focusing in farming materials, doing some quests and getting money and Lithium. I'm very short on Lithium due to the increase in R&D prices, but killing high level haters usually yields good amounts.

Also, Pocket Knife is an amazing weapon

I wouldn't stress over Jackson too much, he's fairly easy. Just get ready for floor 21+ where everyone is a lot more tanky and do a crap ton more damage.

So, anyone has started to play the Battle to the Top mode?

Just curious about what is it.

I heard Jackson is a beefed up version of Jin Die, which wasn't hard at all the 2 times i fought her (I still died 2 times to Max because i was a retard that didn't upgraded his weapons).

Still, my red hot iron is almost a tier 3 weapon and it wrecks anything in 2 hits. Same applies to the pocket knife, which is great thanks to its R1.

Also, do you recommend buying barbmeat? Or just farm a shit ton of fishes?

Just bring a few ranged mats and a gun or two, to be on the safe side.

I've never really bought much of the barbmeat, I found the grilled roaches tend to heal for a lot though, and you can find a bunch on floor 11.

I know. But roasted fishes heal almost 800 HP and i have nearly 20 of those suckers. I kill the roaches to get life shrooms, which insta revive you when you die (with 25% hp raw and with 50% cooked).

My usual ordinance is 2 ranged one handed weapons (nailgun and firework gun usually), metal bat, pocket knife, machete and the red hot iron. It usually carries me through 6 or 8 floors, depending on how much pain Haters give me.

This game is downright impossible, fuck this shit.

Where are you? You got stuck at a boss or are haters giving you too much trouble?

Jin die, a boss battle.

How can someone die at Jin Die? She's the second easiest boss in the game.

Against her, just avoid her line of sight and once she teleports close to you, pummel her before she can attack. When she teleports to the upper floor, avoid her line of sight and run from column to column.

She's astonishingly easy.

I beat it

What game is it?

I am.
The game seriously grew on me. It's become EXTREMELY comfy.
Holla Forums definitely should talk about it more; like, what kind of setups can my waiting room defense use that makes them not retarded?
When I was fighting them myself, the hardest weapon I found to fight was just fists. Everything else was too easy to just wait for a whiff and punish with the pickaxe.

WHEN?
H
E
N
?

Getting a plebstation 4 for 2 games isn't worth it.

I just ran around like crazy and kept drop-kicking her.

She can bullshit you sometimes.
On time, I got hit with a projectile, and she instantly teleported and fired the mega-puke-beam before I could recover.

I haven't even climbed the tower too much, I just spend time grinding KC for the (((Mushroom Stew))) and materials for R&D.

I need help.

I really enjoyed it and played it a lot for a few days but then dropped it and haven't gotten back to it yet, I just got to floor 11 so i'm not that far in. I was really enjoying the multiplayer until the first fight started and my waiting room got raided by 20 guys all around rank 50 with fighters 2 grades higher than mine. It's kind of pointless to even put defenders in your waiting room when it lets opponants who will literally one shot them invade.

Why would you want this garbage?
Its pretty awful
You know they're only giving a shit about it because its exclusive.
Just get a PS3/360 and play Shadows of the Damned.

Ditto.
I went to floor 10 at least to get grade 2 fighters, but otherwise, I'm trying to get stamps, unexplored rooms, and more R&D done before going further.

I have it installed but still haven't gotten around to playing it. I might try it this afternoon but I got distracted by the NieR demo

You're not alone. I've explored all daily rooms belowe floor 10 and i spend more time grinding money (tier 2 weapons cost at least 5K each, making it extreamly expensive to arm my fighters) materials and Lithium SP than climbing the tower.

Plus, farming it's quite pleasant in this game, which makes exploring really nice. Now that i've killed Jackson it's farming time to get better weapons and armor. Screamers above floor 20 hit like a bulldozer on steroids

Keep those for tubers. Landing those on other enemies it's quite hard.

Also, with bosses take your time. If you try to bum rush Jin Die, she will wreck you mercilessly.

I agree. Last week, a friend of mine told me she was going to quit the game and complained that she needed 22k to revive each of her fighters.

I asked for her PSN account credentials, logged in, farmed 60k KC, revived both characters, equipped a new one and gave her account back.

I bet she'll quit once she sees she has to pay 66k for a revive on the next set of floors.

True. Plus, you will always be in need for materials for R&D and you will constantly be out to explore (and get sum KC). And the fact that you have to grind your fighters from scratch every time you get a fresh upper tier fighter makes it better.

Still, finding a high level hater while you grind your new characters is annoying as fuck

Haters often seem capable of bullshit and since they can one shot low level characters I usually just play it safe and save any items for them. Sleeping mushrooms are best but tear gas, poison and explosives can work as well.

I like to use stealth against them. If it's not possible, then I try to have at least 2 rage bars to knock them down with a rage punch and use that time to stomp them or hit them with a weapon.

Haters are bullshit but are bearable.

I want to fuck that skeleton

Not with that attitude.

True. I remember when haters steamrolled through 4 of my fresh tier 3 characters while i couldn't do anything. But in time, i developed safe strategies to deal with haters:

You can sneak up on them and backdrop and try to take as much health from them on that sneak attack.

They have set spawns in map. You can always prepare since you know where they are.

The pocket knife R1 is perfect to attack in between their melee attacks since it's a fast poke after which you back off. Also, if you have the knife equipped, instead of stomping you will stab downwards, usually landing critical hits.

After a few levels, the revolver bullets will be unblockable and will always break the block of the enemy, making it a great weapon against Haters.

The Rage move from the firework pistol is a firework with the power of a nuke that will usually insta kill a hater if it hits it square in the chest. Even if blocking.

Every other strategy i've tried wasn't very successful, but i got all these that are pretty much safe to deal with Haters safely

That's a lot of fucking breaks you've got there.

I know. I'm shit at this, but at least i gave some tips against Haters.

So does best girl, user.

Why.

Fucking kill yourself. This isn't Something Sensitive.

b8

at floor 21+ it becomes warframe souls. hope you love replaying bosses and floors a million times to do any damage and take reasonably less

and to be fair, Jin-Die's design is shitty because her cameras imply that if you don't touch the laser pointers, you aren't seen. no, that would be fucking stupid right? instead she's just extremely good at vision but deaf. being deaf doesn't help on the boss.

REQUESTING LEWDS

I've come to the conclusion that this is a meme game and not fun unless you enjoy autistic grinding and repetition of stuff you've already done many times over. The cherry on top is that it's F2P and thus these mechanics are worsened

Sorry, pal. There's nothing. The game hasn't been released in Japan.

This seems cool. Would be cooler if it was on PC.

Can someone explain it to me what this game all about? I watch the trailer and still don't get what it is. All I know is that its F2P, is it co-op or pvp focus?

It's mainly single player with the ability to fight each other's npcs, there's no direct pvp.

F2P Soulslike (souls experience stole my soul like dark souls) where you're climbing a tower, with the rougelike mechanic of you'll lose some percentage of all of your shit if your character dies unless you pay real money to revive and keep your climbing progress.

It's a roguelike, with dark souls like difficulty in that you can be one shotted from the lowliest enemy but you can also one shot them.
You're meant to climb the tower of barbs up to floor 40 and fight bosses, and mini bosses on the way.
As you climb the difficulty spikes.
If you die, all the gear on you plus xp and gold is dropped, but you can use a death insurance to revive, but it costs a death token, you can complete quests for them or you can pay for them.

You don't even get the chance to revive as well if you die against a jackal, you have either pay gold for your fighter back, or go fight the haterfied version of your fighter.

Really, just run if you come across them.

Why? at least have co-op to help other players

There is a type of pvp, where you join a team, based on a country or state. The idea is you work together raiding for your team.

If one of your team members gets their fighter stolen, any member of the team can go and raid that persons base to rescue the stolen fighter.

Thats kinda neat

Same thing happened to me around floor 18, in Uge.

I wasn't even mad that shit was funny.

That almost happened to me. Once a hater ran straight at me and i shot him. I insta killed him but the explosion took almost all my life. I barely survived that flashy Hiroshima

Give them a magnum.

So when can I unlock different fighter classes? I thought I read there were different ones to choose from, but I only have all arounders.

Someone post gameplay

Climb up to 6F, you should get all classes by then.

I made up a level 20 shooter and put it in defense with a magnum and it was useless. It could barely hit me and when it did, it did not enough damage.

I've attacked waiting rooms with way better projectile defenses than the magnum. I'm talking grade 2 magnum and shotguns (which stagger you on hit!) and auto-rifles.
Both the platform and the waiting room have corners I can hide behind to lure the gunner in close to get raped with the pickaxe. Firearms just don't seem like it will work.

So far, the only waiting room I wasn't able to beat was when I fought a level 50 mofo who was so strong, my pickaxe did nothing to him.

He was rank 50, I meant.

Magnum sucks, you can roll through it then punish.

In general, the AI sucks with any weapon. It sucks less with a Machete at Grade 2 - 3.

Equip all of your dudes with the Priest/Sengoku set and two Machetes E each, then set them like this:

Defender > Attacker > Defender > Attacker

Watch your defense ratio soar until you hit Grade 4 fighters.

If you want to get a really nice ranged weapon, wait until you get the Nailgun. It's fast, it has 150 shots and it hits hard, allowing you to deplete the HP bar of anyone in 15 hits as long as they don't block

I just beat Jackson, and I am at my limit. People insist that Jackson was small potatoes, but I really had to struggle to beat him. I blew like 4 Death Metals and broke all of my weapons and armor, save for one of my machetes. Armor blueprints never fucking drop, and I'm absolutely desperate for better armor. I keep seeing the same weapon blueprints time and again drop, but no armor. What the fuck do I do? I'm at a point now where I might have to actually pay for Death Metals to continue. I don't want to spend the cash based on principal alone. I'd rather mail Goichi Suda a check.

This is why I hate freemium schemes like this, because premium feels like cheating. The games earned a "purchase" out of me, but I would hate to admit I had to buy death metals to make it.

Dood, just go on exploration runs and grind materials, money and blueprints. Plus, if you keep upgrading Tier 1 armor and weapons they will become Tier 2 when you reach +5.

Also, Jackson was a cakewalk for me because i had Transparent Shrooms (make you invisible for 20 seconds, time i used to pummel Jackson with my red hot iron +).

Send your fighters on 1 hour Expeditions, upgrade your Dark Ryback Armor and Special Forces Pants for bullet resistance, and take a Red Hot Iron (Tier 2).

Don't give in to the salt, never revive using Death Metals. It's healthier to revive using Kill Coins in the long run, since it forces you to explore and upgrade your shit.

This man spokes truth.

If you want new blueprints, explore the daily random floors (Floors that appear and dissapear every day, they will have higher chances of having blueprints you don't have).

If you are in need of Kill Coins, do a run through the first 3-4 floors and you will get around 30k each time you finish.

If you have troubles with high level haters, check>>11542853

Just don't give up, man. You can do it.

I'm done playing for the day, I bought 15 Mushroom Stews and these were my quite disappointing results:

3x Living on the Edge
1x Shock Absorber
1x Slugger
3x Firestarter
1x Firefighter
1x Hornet
1x Four-leaf Clover
1x Electrosheep
1x Poison Eater
1x Vitality Discount
1x Wolf

The only good ones were Poison Eater and Wolf, and Treasure Hunter eludes me for another day.

I just began playing it and returned to waiting room.

What am i to expect? Just tell me what's bad about this game, and i'l begone. Because i fear free to play made it shit.

Actually, the game is pretty good for being a Free to play. Paying gives you barely an advantage and it make syou want to play the game less.

In my opinion, it's quite good

The hot iron melts armor, especially with the rage move.

Dropped it after needing 100k to bring back 2 of my best fighters that I spend one week maxing them out.
I don't mind the spikes in difficulty but the game gets extra jewish later on, it really only increases the grind.

I'll jump back in it when they decide to port it over to PC and increase the fucking regions.

Why Holla Forums has such huge "boner" for grim reapers and necromancers, to the point when you want to play shit games containing them?

we're all child minded edgelords

Improved the picture.

Because skeletons are cool as hell.

There's never going to be a PC port, will there?

A frog got caught in the bladt of my fireworks rage-move, and it became grilled.

Also, I just got the 10 parries quest completed, have you?

AASS

You could always make a petition.

Is this the new lol thread ?

Nigger who gives a fuck?
Its a shitty grindy F2P Souls
Soulfags will eat anything thrown at them without even understanding what makes From unique from other developers.
A shitton of faggots here played Necropolis and Lords of the Fallen.

ipetitions.com/petition/xcom24ps4

Note the lack of interest in the petition for the bad game nobody wants? It came out on consoles anyway.

What is written on the trucker apron?

Holla Forums

>>>/furry/

Just like every PC port petition that wasn't Souls or GTA.

Wanted to see if it wasn't just a shitty F2P Souls clone.

Send it to >>>Holla Forums.

If you die you can use the right stick to look down at her hips.

Outta here David Bowie!

also Holla Forums

God bless you.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THROW THE FUCKING MUSHROOM?
I tried flickng the touchpad multiple way and it do jack shit. And no, my touchpad is working fine

You have to click the left button on the pad. Flicking just scrolls through the shrooms/beasts.

Why didn't this game get released in Japan? Is it because of the decapitations?

Learn to read, nigger.
It's spelled out in the tutorial.

You suck at video games.

No More Heroes was fine but this isn't?

Release date February 2017 dumbass
gematsu.com/2016/12/let-die-launches-february-2-japan

I made some wallpapers!

Yes, and why? You've managed to snarkily help make my point, but you didn't actually explain why a game that was made in Japan didn't get simultaneously get released with the rest of the world.

Because that's not what you asked, dumbass

This game has like 100 songs in the ost.
It reminds me of japanese tony hawk soundtrack.

It's amazing all the shit you are getting for free with this game and its fun to boot. The way the media universally shat on it is truly disgusting.

They shit on all the games I like so I'm not too perturbed.

This…

I thought this game gonna be skill based gameplay but nope, its gonna mushroom farming simulator

It's the best CONSOLE game ever!
-Uncle Death

Reminder that the iron is incredibly OP so level the shit out of it.

The Iron is damn strong, but too bad you can't turn that shit into a proper Tier 3 weapon.

Still, the Knife, the Revolver and the hammer can hit as hard as the Iron if you upgrade them. Same goes to the Nailgun and the Crossbow.

Don't waste your time with the Sniper Rifle or the Assault Rifle. They aren't worth the time

Does the base defense of armor make it worth wearing ones with high negative resistances? I don't really notice a difference in damage going naked versus wearing anything, but I'm only up to floor 16 with a couple armors upgraded to two stars.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So does this heal me or kill me?

Brings you back to life when you die, I think.

So when can I finally level up past 25? I just made it to the surface and I rather not press on fighting level 40 something enemies. Also why is the insurance lady so perfect? Detox is trash.

I am. I got stuck trying to find my way into the Goto-9 boss fight but today I'm going to slowly start making my way up towards Jackson.
Otherwise this game, and the vague hope Persona 5 is even coming out at this point, is the only reason I still have not thrown my ps4 into a tire fire.

Once you eat it you get a buff that auto heals when you take fatal damage.

Game is a little weird with that, go check your fighter freezer to see if you unlocked the next tier of fighters, pretty sure you do by floor 11.
Gotta level it from scratch though.

Is this getting a soundtrack release? The original music in the background of gameplay is great too.

I wanna get the soundtrack soon but ever time I check the site hasn't been updated.

So I have to pretty much let me fighters die? I guess I'll keep pressing on with my original rounders. I have only died a few times since I started, so they're all here. That's rough man.

Probably. Their store section will probably have it but it's empty right now.

FUCK

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T YOU STILL BE PLAYING MANHUNT SOULS?
WHAT KIND OF PLEB ARE YOU?

What floor are you at, hitler?

ok what the fuck is up with the YTYMK haters. they're butchering my ass.

I get them too. Before I was getting gungho_america haters.

I get nothing but YTYMK ones. I know that it's the tag used by the devs for griefing, but I am getting literally nothing but these fucks with nailguns and machetes, it's making even going through the early content to grind for coins a pain.

Well, for starters, one of the catchiest fucking hub world tunes I've ever heard.

I was going to post something, but then you had to turn it into this.

How do I get out of a stun lock? Why can people break through my hit and not be stunlocked?

Basically, you can usually guard and maybe rolled if you're getting comboed, as long as you don't have those marks above your head, same goes for enemies.
They're like three glowing lines on each side of your head.

Yeah but if a hater connects on one hit, I cant roll away no matter what. He'll get to do the whole 3-hit combo and kill me with it. Is there a stat that mitigates that?

Damn that is some catchy shit. In fact the entire soundtrack is pretty fucking good. Almost makes me wish I didn't sell my Playstation after EDF finally came to PC.

If I had to guess probably Vitality, since it has to do with damage mitigation.

jfmsu

Encounter a hater with a nailgun in a corridor with no cover? You're now dead. The projectiles will track you perfectly and kill you.

Has anyone been loaded into this weird slow-motion 1on1 fight against their fighter?
It's happened to me twice now when going to my waiting room.
When it happens, a 3 minute timer appears and the sequence doesn't end until the timer expires, I am awarded SPLithium for all the hits I landed.

I love the machine gun and machete executions. I didn't notice that their heads actually stay on the machete. Good shit.

So is this game not shit?

This happened to me when i first started and then never happened again.

Can't speak for anybody else, but I'm having a fun time. I brushed it off as some Souls knockoff at first, but it's tone/aesthetic kept me in the game, and as I progressed through the tower I found out the game is actually a little more complex than it initially appeared. I'm still learning more, but all I know is that I like it. Jackals are bullshit though. I keep running into the same one at least three times per session. I find myself running through floors now quickly instead of looking around.

It's a Suda game that isn't over and done in a light weekend.
I like the gameplay, but I haven't played any souls games, which a lot of soulsfags seem to be ragging on this game for "ripping off souls".

I hear it gets very unfair past level 20, but I haven't even gone that far. I've just been working on building up my waiting room defense; it's very comfy and there's a lot to do.

Anyone know how to find Okusa? Apparently theres tons of gold snails.

Very challenging in the beginning but later on, peoples just resorting to cheap tactic to win. Don't expect any "hardcore" gameplay though, peoples just gonna use invisible mushroom to defeat every boss. I still can't figure out how to beat Jackson without it because its really cheap

Let it Die might be considered the best game Suda ever made after Killer 7.

Those digits don't lie!

When I was fighting Jackson, I was completely unprepared. My equipment was underdeveloped, and I had virtually no mushrooms. I did, however, have 4 or 5 full ammo and durability assault rifles. That took maybe 1/3 of his health after exhausting all of them with few misses. I tried fighting smart, goaded him to teleport, knowing where he was going to teleport, and started swinging before he teleported. Jackson managed to teleport and fire at me point blank while I was midswing and stunned me. I got to somewhere around floor 26 where I fought Coen, realized the fucker can kill me in one hit and can bounce off of walls. I beat him, but it cost me 7 death metals. When I realized that in the 20s, the doors require you to kill two different sub bosses to unlock the valves is what ultimately made me stop playing the game. I got virtually no death metals as login bonuses, paid $5 for 30 death metals, and then later paid $14 for the 30 death metals with some healing items. I gave up on the game and watched some youtube videos to see the rest of the content. I then realized that absolutely everyone was abusing invisibility and invincibility mushrooms and that traditional gameplay was completely thrown out the window.

You're supposed to upgrade your storage with those, not use them as continues.

No. You take the combo and fuck off, basically. At later floors, all haters will outright kill you with a combo. Gotta make them buy those death metals with real money, right?

I've collected about 8 of the express passes during regular gameplay. Do they just let you use the elevator for free or does it do other things too?

Also free raiding, and you can retreat from a raid as early as you want.
Might be more. I don't remember.

That NPC is fucking horrible. I bet she was ruined in the dub.
She's supposed to be a maniac, but all she does is talk silly, like she's playing with a baby.

Because its cheap tactic user. Sure you can beat the boss with OP mushroom but doesn't improve your skill as a gamer. You don't really overcome the challenge of beating it.

I can do it if I want to but come on, can that really be considered as boss fight?

Yes.

The creators of the game wanted you to use the mechanics they put into place.

When I complain about spinning to win to easily cheese fromsoft games, people tell me I'm a faggot for not picking something harder. I guess I will call you a faggot.

you actually need to dodge in souls game, you comparing that to a boss fight where the boss LITERALLY DO NOTHING as you spam attack to defeat it.

Then its a bad game design because it broke the gameplay

Im about to start playing the game tomorrow, cause the PS4 is taking forever to download this game, about 10 hours to be exact.

Are there any tips that I should know about before I dive in.

Don't use those skull coins when you die. Buy storage with them instead.
The iron is amazing.

Even if you were carrying something important like a new blueprint, don't use the death metals to revive. You can pay kill coins to salvage your fighter. You will get him and all the stuff he was carrying back.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Also, try to sneak up on haters. When you are crouching enemies can't hear you. If you are crouching behind an enemy that is not aware of you, you can suplex it for huge damage, and it will leave the enemy on the floor for you to follow with stomps.

Haters usually spawn somewhere you can sneak up on them, or they roam around so you can wait for their back to be turned.
But they will attack other enemies they see, which might mess things up and lead them to spot you, have a weapon on hand that can deal with them.
Early on, the pickaxe is my favorite. You can punish any whiff. Later on, there are better weapons, and the pickaxe doesn't work well against the machete or knife.

This game actually looks interesting but there's not enough out there to warrant a PS4 purchase for me.

Ok

There's loads of music on the radio. Suda handpicked a hundred bands or something to do the soundtrack.

Actually the music director is Akira Yamaoka or however you spell it. The Silent Hill composer.

Right, either way, I like a lot of the tracks. I usually have the radio set to south tokyo best hits and the music takes care of itself.

Akiras soundtrack for Shadows Of the Damned elevated that game into solid 8/10 territory for me

Yeah same here

I take great pleasure in seeing the white outlines of dead raiders, apropos the TDM, how viable is raiding for farming in the long run?

I stole a guy when i first started and my base got raped hard for a few days. Now I'm afraid of raiding. I just send all my guys on expeditions and end up making enough money that getting raided doesnt seem to matter.

I make enough money for that not to matter by just climbing the tower, you have nothing to worry about. Go raiding and upgrade your bank and fighter freezer

Do I get alot of sp lithium doing that? Because I have hardly any.

There is no dub, user. The game was originally written and released in English, with no Japanese release at all. This is how the developers wanted all of the characters to sound.

You do realize that in order to stack shrooms, you need to find and carry all of these shrooms where you want to use them, right? If a jackal or a maxed-out hater shows up and anally annihilates you on your way to a boss, you lose all of those shrooms until you pay to regain it. You aren't REQUIRED to use the exact same shrooms all the time, mix it up. Use decoyshrooms to distract bosses while you throw rocketshrooms at them, eat a mouseshroom and spam your rage attacks until the boss is dead. Use whatever weapons or shrooms you want, but don't complain about shit being hard if you're intentionally making the game harder for yourself by only using shitty heartshrooms and eating all the animals you find.

At low tiers, around 2000 splithium for 2 minutes of work. If you pick targets with zero TDM points, it's very likely they're poorly defended, if at all, so you can just walk in and break the bank.

I've heard things about machete e, that you can't block it and shit.

Pretty cool my dude

Are you assuming that just because the US release came first and the Japan version is still waiting?
I bet these characters were originally recorded in japanese, and their localization team had some dumb lady improv the character with whatever was the first thought to her head in response to "lady gone insane from mushrooms".

If you have proof the game was originally recorded in English, link me.

Not proof, but there's no japanese VA in the souls games either. All english VA with japanese text

Yes, thats why this game became a mushroom farming simulator. Its not like this mushroom are rare either and you can send your fighter on an exploration to gather them

what the fugg