Holla Forums Plays Aurora 4x

Alright Holla Forums it is time to show you how to play the game. I've started an alien playthrough for this and the first thing we need to do is find a planet to set our race on. Should we be ```methane breathers``` or ```oxygen breathers``` in this campaign? Once we set this up we can start making our empire.

The first person to answer will be the choice I make unless dubs counter it.

If this takes off, I'll make a map similar to this one for the empire. I'll also make a custom planet for the colonies we make like this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Beam_Overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oxygen, of course.

Humans as well.

Also, you should play on terraforming hard mode:

Can only use real gases and not the ones made up to speed the process.

Go full human and find qt moth civilization and start speciesmixing!

I can do oxygen, but not humans.

Fill everything in.

For the government style, just say something and I'll find the closest match.

Empire Title: Memers Overlords
Empire short name: Memers
Main theme: A fitting one.
Conventional start.
420 millions for starting population.

Oh fuck yes. This is turning into a nice night.

Contribute to the thread then, you massive faggot.

I like 4x and even i'm not this deep into excel clones

Alright, the race has been made and the planet has been chosen.

Now we need to fill i the race details.

Theme and Commander names are set to fucking redcoats for now. You can choose from the major countries, tolkien shit, 40k , and star trek/wars names.

Any image or flag posted will also be used. The stock photos are shit.

I'm currently in Spacemaster mode, so I can change a few details like xenophobia. Any changes you want?

Would be a Memers ruled world a xenophobic one? I think so.

what are our options for hull designs?

Since no one is giving any photos are demands, I'll just move on. I did set Xenophobia to 100 though.

I went through the system map and put a colony on anything with a significant mineral supply. I'm researching Trans-Newtonian technology so we can begin our empire.

For hull designs (Which will come after we research a lot more) will be designated as the following:
0-500 tons for fighters
500-1000 tons for FAC's
1000-5000 tons for corvettes
5000-10000 tons for frigates
10000-15000 tons for destroyers

We need to research everything first to see what we can make, but for the general items we have 'lasers,' missiles, engines, shields, and necessities such as fuel and engineering.

Lasers include guass, railguns, lasers, microwaves, plasma corronades, particle beams, meson cannons, and CIWS.

Missiles are made by creating missile engines and researching things such as fuel efficiency, warhead strength, and agility. These have been the backbone of all my playthroughs.

hmm lets rename all our terrestrial planets besides Kekland

I'll throw out Shoah

Done.

I also added a lot of radiation to the planet. Since it has no resources I thought there was no harm.

Flag

Here's a pic as well.

You will be done.

Alright goys, we now need to make a decision. Do we want fast ships that can't go very far or slow ships that can go far?

I set the size at 50 (2,500 tons) to keep the engine powerful enough either way we choose.

We also need to name the engine and the company that made it.

Hitler & Co.
Jew Incinerator 6M

A powerful, fuel guzzling whore of an engine or a weak, emaciated bolimiac meth addict?

We're memers, so we spread fast and die young

I almost want to give it a go, but I feel like my efforts could be better used learning something else. Is it really that fun?

Do balanced ships. Specialization is for filthy xeno scum.

Once you start, you can't stop.

We'll be using guass cannons as area defense. We'll need it if we come up against missiles. I don't recommend shields at this low of tech, but will try if someone wants them.

This game looks like pure, concentrated autism and I am interested in learning more.

Read up on these tutorials if you want to understand shit.

Are people watching this or am I alone?

Dude.

Dude. It was decided they be fast.

But…. those digits!!!!

Here are the anti missile missiles so far. Any changes you want? Be faster? Go farther? Be more accurate?

It took a long time to research those engines damn it.

Continue. I'm spectating.

Accuracy is key tbqh. Perhaps make them cheaper an/or more accurate.

Lurking. Switch theme to Roman.

Here are the anti ship missiles so far.
I usually go for a size 5, but size 6 is fine. Will change is wanted.

67% is fairly accurate. The missiles will be fire en mass also and will have multiply volleys. You still want the changes?

As you wish Caesar.

Here are the updated size 1 missiles. They lost half their range, but are a bit more accurate. They also cost a bit more.

Eh considering a barrage of middles will be fired, even like a 8% increase is massive. I'd say keep it at around 75%

I see they're slighltly cheaper, as well. All is good. Maybe boost the range like 50%, so the decrease in range from the original is only like 25%? I don't care if that makes them slightly less accurate or slightly more costly, as long as the accuracy is more than the original, and the cost does not exceed the original.

change Ben Frost to Ben Garrison

Sounds good.

Already researched it. Slightly more accurate and with the same range as the first.

Ship Building will commence now

You want me to change a name of a man that has no impact on the game and will take minutes to find?

It shall be so.

Do we have the technology for auto mines yet? With most of our home worlds minerals accessibility at .1 we're going to need a boost in production.

Hey man you got OBS or two monitors? Seems like you should stream dis or something.

Is there an Emperor?

No, there's military and civvies you can appoint to different positions for different bonuses. They do die and retire.

It is done.

I'm mostly researching now. There was a mineral shortage when converting the conventional industry to mines, so even if I did have them researched now, they can't be built.

My internet is shit and I can't get OBS to make the text readable when streaming. I've tried m8.

Yes.

Lies

So what does our home system look like? Other habitable or valuable planets? Or is that something you can't see yet?

Proud of you.

Is Trump overseeing Shoah or Kekland?

Nevermind, didn't read the full page.

can we make lightning cannons? if so we need to call them Pence beams

What about Pence Lances?

Check this.

The colony cost is indicated by the color. The homeworld is a navy blue and the rest are habitable if you have a lot of infrastructure built and shipped there. You can also terraform them to better fit your race.

These are from the 2nd sun in the system. The 1st sun has one planet that can be terraformed and the 3rd has no planets at all.

The 'M' or 'S' signify if they have minerals. M is minerals, S is none. The first system has some minerals to mine.

Lasers, particle beams, mesons, microwaves, and plasma. I'm assuming you want microwaves?

Take a look at these for beam weaponry

aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Beam_Overview

Here is the first ship design. It's big and bulky with just barely enough firepower to stand alone in a fight, but it could get the job done. Any changes?

call the class of ship the Ruise Cruiser

Here is the first flak ship. It's meant to take out missiles coming in. Any changes you guys want made?

I'm not used to the sized of these things for how little weapons are on them. I'm almost end game tech on my other saves.

Here is the Anti-Missile Missile ship. Any changes you guys want?

Never played this but will be lurking. Nice digits though.

Checked.
Are you expecting xenos early on? I've played ~80 hours and multiple saves and never saw any, figured they were pretty rare.

Done

I'm going to be placing an alien race in the next system to show the combat.

Try upping the % chances. You can also add them in SpaceMaster Mode.

Will Wait 10 minutes before moving on to building

Ships being made now. I have freighters and terraformers being made now.

Calling it a night. I'll be back tomorrow.

Go fast die young was our motto, eh?
Give em engines out of the ass, make em fast as fuck, and carry only very little for each freighter. We will deploy them in swarms and have them transport our memes to the front in no time by jumping from system to system, planet to planet, and station to station as fast as possible, refueling there, and returning with the bodies of xenos and fat stacks of money after a short time for the crew to stack up on new dank memes.