What's your favorite game of all time? Tell me why you love it so much and convince me to try it...

What's your favorite game of all time? Tell me why you love it so much and convince me to try it. I want to hear people talk about things they like and have a good attitude.

oh geez, that's tough. I'm stuck between Super Metroid and 2007scape. Both are comfy as fuck, have really good music and are pretty entertaining. 2007scape is even better if you can find a solid clan chat that isn't filled with retards. Also, there are bots everywhere.

That's like sharing a biscuit you've already bitten. Or a waifu. In short, utterly barbarous.

what if I told you my favorite game ever is also the game I hate the most?

My favorite game is Touhou. I like it because of the astronomical skill ceiling and that it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Making exploding potions on my boat and throwing them at people on the shore mining.

I like many games, and I don't feel like writing you an essay.

My favourite game of all time is Exile 3. Either the third or fourth game I ever played so it really stuck with me.

I'd say I miss the good old days before June 2011 as well

warcraft 3, because of the custom maps. they were a bit more advanced than starcrafts.
you could play a huge variety of games with whoever felt like playing with you at the time.
dont they do something similar with minecraft these days? good for them.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is a masterpiece.

It has a beautiful pastel art style, a wonderful soundtrack, every level has an optional objective, it has co-op, animal buddies that you can combine your abilities with, and top-notch programming.

Check it out.

TIE Fighter was literally perfect and I would pay upwards of $100 for a version that supports modern joystick hardware, has updated graffix and absolutely nothing else has been changed in any way

Either Deus Ex or Super Metroid. Both have this amazing sense of finding shit in your own.

Deus Ex is probably the closest a video game can come to a movie without being a detriment to its overall quality. It doesn't feel like an intrusive story heavy cinematic experience, it feels you're PLAYING a challenging movie. It clearly borrows inspiration from mid-90s hacker films, being a late 90s game and all.
I feel like there's no sense of ludo narrative dissonance in the game. All the dialogue and established character hierarchus seem to be well in accordance with the game's mechanics. JC Denton is written up to he a Badass cop because the game actually requires skill and strategy to progress. Characters are just as strong as they make themselves out to be, and certain organizations have just as much influence on the world as you can expect.
And finally, it's just comfy as hell sneaking around big bases, strategizing how you're going to manipulate the world around you to get to your objective.

And Super Metroid is fun for being a huge adventure game that doesn't have a single line of text yet still has plenty of direction. I like non-handholding games that challenge my intuition like that. The controls are pretty tight and the entire design is good, but it's main appeal is obviously the level design. It's sort of a puzzle within itself, knowing which move to use at which location, which item you're supposed to use where, etc. Basically a sidescroller Zelda, but better.

I'll post some by system

I reall really like Final Fantasy Tactics, it's a really good turn based SRPG and it has a couple mods that will enhance the gameplay a lot for anyone who doesn't feel like vanilla was enough or needed balance. Probably the only psx game i have seen gotten such mods, thanks to it having a great community. I do replay it every now and then when i want to have challenge and fun.

You like anime so your taste is probably shit.

Bastion. Perfect length, great gameplay, and the ending is fantastic.

Sid Meier's SimGolf. Makes me feel relaxed when I play it.

Dungeon Keeper, hands down.

You don't have trips like the guy you replied to so you are a shitter. Kill yourself shitter

Demon's Souls.
I will never forget that first playthrough when people barely knew the game existed.

are there any sprite swapping mods that turn it into sim mario golf?

No, but that sounds pretty cool.

The best game of all time is likely Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. (Not including the expansion)
Mostly because it is as close to perfect as anything will ever get, there is nothing lackluster about it.
(Graphics aged clearly, AI was decent for the time)

My personal favorite is Devil May Cry 3, I love going fast and crazy to the point where its only the speed of my fingers that keeps me from going even more stylish

RCT2. I still frequently go back in play it when I'm bored.

Why? Got in at the wrong time. ESIII is better but my nostalgia is hard set on this one.

At least tell me you mod it to hell and back.

I haven't even been able to touch Oblivion in years. I have super nostalgia for it and every second I play the game it fades away really fast. I would if I could, but I just can't play it anymore.

Are you me?

Mega Man 2, because I think it was the best game I had played before everything went to complete shit for me.

Fallout 4
It just works

I couldn't decide between these two, so I'll write a bit about both.

I've always loved horror aesthetics in not so horrific settings and I think that stems from playing Medievil when I was young. The visual design is great, consistent throughout the game and, coupled with a similarly good soundtrack, makes every level distinct from every other. The levels are all well designed, being linear enough that the intended path is always clear but also big enough to encourage more dedicated players to explore. This is furthered by each level having a chalice, which you can obtain by fulfilling optional objectives and then spend on an extra weapon of your choosing. Every weapon has at least niche use considering the bountiful enemy and boss variety. Combat isn't particularly complex but doesn't need to be, and is regardless helped by really crunchy sound design and the aforementioned variety of both enemies and weapons, which all combine to keep things fresh throughout the game. It's tough but fair, with controls and Dan's movement being responsive and quick enough that getting hit is never the game's fault rather than the player's. Dan in particular is a very likeable, innocent character that's also both conceptually and visually unique. I could go on, but you get the gist.

The Wonderful 101 was a very big, very pleasant surprise for me. Passion just oozes out of the game, from the devs' logo actually being a plot device later in the story to the abundance of secret characters. The combat is great and, while comparable to Bayonetta and Revengeance etc, isn't really like anything else I've played. Even without getting into the drawing system, fighting certain enemies and bosses is almost like a puzzle at times, and using weapons you wouldn't think would work against them rewards creative players heavily. The drawing system adds an element of skill to something as simple as switching weapons, which makes things like pulling off long juggle combos on larger enemies feel a lot more rewarding than in Platinum's other games. Then there's being able to change the size of weapons, deciding how many units you want to give to AI controlled attacks and how many to keep for yourself. There's more to combat than all of that, but other things I like include the fact that every mechanic which deviates from normal gameplay is used at least twice, the bosses are mostly great (Vorkken's fights in particular), the soundtrack being good and used in clever ways throughout the game and the art direction, among many other things. It has a lot of problems, but not enough to keep me from loving it.