files.catbox.moe/1j8n1m.zip
cdn.che.moe/iotraf.zip
y.zxq.co/ttvhii.zip
files.catbox.moe/rty7t6.zip
files.catbox.moe/cnhzcg.zip
files.catbox.moe/bhlkn6.zip
files.catbox.moe/vhitii.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, they're just not being fucking retards and being an obvious target.

Read between the lines. This is a lot like how Uranium went at first. Just not officially talking about the download link, and then shut down completely. NoA is going to hammer their asshole with a C&D if they ever finish sage. It's ogre.

How long has Pokemon Sage been in development hell?

What's with all these bootleg Pokemon games people are making? Was there even going to be anything unique about them?

Why can't these narcissistic faggots finish their game in silence then just dump it everywhere when its done

They want circlejerk hype just in case they drop the project and members latch onto other ones. Like an e-resume.

Because not everyone's so bitter and hollow that they nothing to be proud of, like you, satan.

How can user get a C&D?

dude just rename your game to digimon [snowflake subtitle]

t. millenial

Wow, big fucking surprise. That's why you don't publicly announce shit like this until it's done.

No, I just don't need validation every fucking second on what I'm doing and prefer to show people a finished completed product

But keeping paying money for Alphas on Steam, kiddo

They can't stay motivated without the internet high fives and hype, Satan.

No, they're idiots. They're using someone else's game and IP to bulwark their own credibility.

not if they don't upload it here :^)

There's a reason why we have Mario. Donkey Kong was supposed to be a Popeye game but Miyamoto didn't have the rights to the character so he made his own original characters to replace him, Olive Oyl, and Bluto for his game.

Take notes, idiots.

Okay, Not Important, don't shoot up your High school.

OP is a massive idiot.

you seem mad that your autistic pokemon game might get cancelled?

Nevermind, this entire thread is idiots who take OP for his word when even OP's image says they are just going to lay low for a while.

Get back to drawing cuteboys taking big, thick cocks in the ass, tenk.

No, I forgot it even existed until this thread.

I'm not tenk, I just cropped that one image

Why wouldn't I reply with Holla Forums to Holla Forums?

Pokemon sucks and is for autistic kids.

i hardly even make the association between Holla Forums and jew bashing any more. but i guess thats a fair point

ftfy

Why publicly declare that you're working on these? Just do it in secret, and then slip it under the table to all the anonymous imageboards, which inevitably spread it to Reddit, and then from there anyone will be able to get a hold of it.

If their goal was to make a game, that's how they'd do it. If they wanted fame and attention, they'd make a website, a Twitter, have a dev blog with videos, and so on. Making a fan game is only in a legal grey area if you put some effort into staying in the grey area.

It never ends this shit

That way they can't come and bitch about MUH JEWTENDO, despite the fact that fucking everyone knows how shit the damn company has been for years

I see the NIDF is already here.

ftfy

That's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. Nintendo is a bunch of fucking yellow kikes. If you want to make a fan project, do it anonymously and don't make a fucking wiki for it.

This. I don't understand why fan-games even exist. You can pay tribute or draw heavy inspiration from another game without using assets or properties directly from it, you're just putting yourself in legal trouble and putting your own game on a lower level by refusing to make your own characters. I guess its good free marketing though.

How do I compile Pokemon Prism, some of the sprites were fucking ugly so I went and fixed them.

because the point isn't to be original, it's to improve a thing that already exists for the enjoyment of people who enjoy that thing. you ever install mods before? holy shit.

You can do that without taking copyrighted stuff from the original source, dumbass. Pokemon is basically a Dragon's Quest 5 "fan-game".

Well it's not like Nintendo's going to make a new Pokemon game worth playing any time soon.

What the fuck happened? Anons get fucking pissed that Nintendo took down AM2R, yet when it's Pokemon, it's suddenly okay? The problem here is copyright law is fucking garbage and should be eradicated.

Pokémon kiddies are fucktard and deserve every single things they get and more.
archive.is/7HwAw

It's hard to feel bad for autists who continue to make fan games of a company that hates them.

why are people so fucking stupid. you tell people when it's done, not that you're going to start working on it, that way even if you get C&D'd it's already out. Christ

If only said company could tap into the potential of their franchise instead of shitting out rehashes every couple of years.

we should not be this emotionally attached to a company OR some random autists on the internet who got their shit fucked

just like play games man

Maybe Nintendo is invincible. They could do anything and people would still be getting triforce tattoos.

I don't know about prism or sage, but uranium was hot garbage. The only good pokemon romhacks I've played are difficulty hacks.

user, there are people who still defend the Democratic Party. People defending Nintendo is not that far fetched

Moemon Emerald was top tier.

moemon was just a skin though, right?

Yeah, still a romhack though.

Of course there are, niggers, kikes and Irishmen still exist.

Time to grow up faggot.

God damn, that second one. Good job, but i cant help you, sorry

An user, supposedly involved on this, said there were just hiding until the game is done. Stop being a faggot.

I genuinely wonder why some companies like Square Enix and Nintendo view fan content as a legitmate threat to their bottom line. I guess you can argue "It's their right to defend their IPs!" but at the same time look at something like Doom and at the same time some companies like Sega and Capcom pick up fan products or make them work instead.

It also reminds me of how they took down AM2R around the release of Fed Farce and removed it from The Game Awards as well, and how sometimes the fanbase makes ridiculous claims like how they know what the fans want

As a lawyer who worked with big companies, is because of the law and our work. See, we are payed for doing lawyer stuff, and we have to do absolutely everything to justify our paycheck, that includes intellectual property.
Laws regarding intellectual property says that any edition and modification of the product is and can be a threat, not that it may be, it plain is. So lawyers take the easy road and fucking C&D it.
Nintendo is a faceless company of sorts, is just suits doing their jobs, regardless of the content. Nintendo might not even give a shit, but they should, at least, acknowledge it, and tell their lawyers to fucking stop because at the end of the day it brings bad reputation to Nintendo.

Hard to feel anything when people don't get the memo that Nintendo despises them & continue to act surprised that they take down their shit. I don't even care anymore.

At least there's something wonderful about seeing Holla Forums posters who know the absolute worst of lying, greed and underhanded bullshit the elite are capable of shitting on this shell of a once great face of gaming.

Only thing to look forward to from Pokemon nowadays are new bros or forms of them and delicious new Pokegirls.

make sense nigger

Nintendo can go fuck themselves. Fucking asian kikes should be nuked again.

it's a 90%+ chance it's the jews at NOA doing most of it

I haven't even heard of Sage outside of here, what the fuck are you on about?

Stop this faggotry. Plenty of nips deserve a chance at a better life. Just use napalm to take out both Shitendon't buildings, Squenix when Nomura and Uematsu aren't around, Bamco, Fagcom and Shitnami without damaging their economy.

Precision strike contained destruction that will burn right through everything without killing any of our compatriots in dick,unity or businessmen that aren't cucks.

here's a nude sprite, I know at least one of you pokefuckers out there are computer literate

wew lad

hell yeah

Literally nobody has said this is okay. The closest anyone has come to saying that is , and even then that's a pretty reasonable opinion. Nobody's okay with Nintendo's copyright policy, but it's pointless to blatantly violate it and then act surprised when Nintendo sends you a C&D.

pokemon generations was lit though

Fangames are cool. I've played a fair few of them. All I'm saying is don't be surprised when Nintendo does the thing that they're obviously going to do.

Just change the name while leaving it similar enough and they can't do fucking shit.

Hell, just change it to Sage: PK.

Your shitty trademark isn't in the name anymore, now is it, you shameless little bitches?

one more, I'm going to bed

Maybe they should start marketing once the product is finished and ready for full play. Just a thought, I know they're still retarded though.

Learn the difference between stupid and retarded. It's not a fucking buzzword.

Real talk, when WAS the last Pokemon game that was actually worth playing?

Colosseum

BW2.

XD

>>>/reddit/ :^)
nice trips

Sun and Moon were honestly pretty enjoyable imo.

Snap

No, it is you who are retarded.

It's pretty okay once you get past the first island. That first island is fucking painful though, what with the cutscenes every 3 metres and the overbearing tutorials.

What a comeback.

The plot made less sense than in EYE

I'm at island 3 and it still just feels like that. Boring walk through the grass, 50 more cutscenes, walk through the grass again and hunt for 1% encounter pokemon. The only real excitement I get is finding a new boutique.

I couldn't take it. Does it stop or just get "tolerable" after the first island?

Didn't you hear, you can shit on modders if they touch nintendo IPs for some reason.

there is no more in the game after that one in the 3rd island

FUCK

Thank, hope you are having a nice night.

Their will always be dialog until you complete the game more or less. Try and enjoy the characters since its a selling point the game.

I really enjoyed the game, I 100% the pokedex after 110ish hours and haven't touched the game since. I'll go back and do the battle tower eventually.

I think I could enjoy the characters and the story if I were allowed to enjoy anything else. I have a friend waiting on me to finish so I might slog through it for him, but it's such a goddamn chore and I'm not even at the first trial.

It goes pretty quick if you rush it, just turn off animations and be sure to have text speed max.

I found it a lot more bearable then past games.

There is one piece of clothing you can buy off Team Skull

Well I'll try to fap to this

It's definitely better than gen 6. I'd put it as equal to gen 4. Not perfect, but certainly not bad, and if the next gen improves its plot and pacing further it could be legit great. If rumors that gen 8 will be on the switch are true, then they could make the game a lot bigger, as Sun and Moon were clearly stretching the 3DS' storage limitations.

xD xD XDDDDDD

Nintenyearolds are so droll. You had a modding community for a while there and now you're willing to trade it all in for My First Pokemon: Hand Holding Adventures with Professor Wakka and New Super Mario Bros 4 Super Wii U Almost HD Edition.

they're so not trying to make good games, they fear the competition of autists working alone on their free time

Well yeah, that much is obvious. They'll CnD people for making fan games about Metroid even if they've done nothing with the IP for near on a decade now. I just can't believe there's people on Holla Forums who defend this shit.

I don't get it.
I really just don't get these kinds of idiots.
Just make a clone, like a decent indie poke'mon clone.
Just don't literally call it poke'mon.
Make it clear you were inspired by pokemon and I imagine you could actually sell it.
You don't literally call it Harvest Moon [subtitle] the fan game, you call it Stardew Valley.

Make your little monster capture/breeder RNG riddled turn-based abomination, shouldn't be too hard all things considered.
I've played flash games with more work put into them than the first few official games, said flash games just weren't as big of time vampires.

Just make it and switch assets and names.
Them's Fightin' Herds

Honestly it's just pokefags that are extremely retarded. Nintenyearolds is a meme, but holy fuck I have never seen a group of people as cucked as people that still consider Pokemon a good game.

Both jewtendo and these faggots deserve everything thats coming to them

Maybe they want to ride the wave of pre-existing popularity and trick all the autistic fans into playing the game because their favorite characters are in it; that's a huge part of fanart appeal.
In the case of Them's Fightin' Herds, I wouldn't be surprised a large portion of the fans stopped following the project when it switched because they wouldn't be able to play as their favorite.

fuck post irony.

It's called being faggots.

hey cuck

Sage dev here, the game has been sent no notices, some people on the team however felt like the twitter might of been an avenue for a c&d so decided to make less noise overall. If anything does happen we have no other official lines of contact (unlike Prism) so we'll probably turtle.

Worst case scenario we have to redo all the dialouge with Porkymon instead.

where can I view all your progress?
last time I played it was a few years back (even made a thread here about it)

Kill yourself.

kek you're right

They have a wikia, and (before this announcement) they said they'd do a demo (the game up to third gym- but I imagine re-do stuff if feedback reams their asshole)

Cygwin. It's just like Pokemon Crystal if you've done that

I highly advise you change the name so Pokemon™ isn't apart of it at least.

Seriously. What the fuck is so hard about officially announcing you're changing the name to get around it? You have no assets from the actual games, just RPGmaker used to emulate the appearance. They have nothing.

I don't think you understand. We would prefer if it was a Pokémon fangame. Calling them anything else feels shit.

Why does that gym have no puzzle? Or is it dark/limited vision like the fighting gym in Hoenn?

Demo 2.0 is gonna finish around the cycling road and Andante bay. So far most of the town and main route content has been done but we still need to do most of the side paths and some plot.

Somebody tell Brion his gym isn't good enough.

It's a maze, similar to how evil team hideouts generally have slide or teleporter mazes.

Webm related, though it doesn't show the trainers.

Fuck, that looks cool.

The 1.5 demo that goes up to the first gym with redone graphics and feedback changes from the 1.0 demo is still up on the wiki

capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo

There was plans for a 2.0 demo that goes up to the third gym as says, but it may end up not being publically released to avoid attention

Except sage has no official pokemon or characters in it.

There's still enough left from Pokémon that it would justify keeping the name everywhere. Right?

It's a story as old as time…

The newest Pokemon game is a perfectly passable JRPG that is meant to be played through once for the story. A solid 60-90 hours.

That's literally what's happening

Ditching Twitter entirely is for the best. If you want to show off your work through progress reports, you can always just post them in places like here in Holla Forums.

But it is. Just call it Sage: PKMN.

See? It's still Pokemon, but they can't use trademark shit against you.

I guess that depends on your outlook.

Compared to a lot of other fangames and romhacks, it sticks very close to the core pokemon formula, which is both a good and a bad thing.

That said, all the locations, pokemon, and characters are original. Only the gameplay, general concepts such as types, evolutions, etc; items, moves, and abilities are kept. (though there obviously are new items and moves and such too). Beyond just that, it also sticks very closely to the storytelling style and tone of the official games, and just general design philopshy, for both better or worse, wheras,say, something like Prism has extra,sort of not very pokemon-y puzzles and sidequest and features where you actually can play as your pokemon to do stuff in the OW, wheras for sage any of that would be way too beyond what GF would do to fly for what we agreed on will be sage's "conceptual aeshetic"

So, while it might be easier to make completely original in some ways due to not having GF pokemon or characters, it'd also be a lot harder to make original in other ways because it's so sticking to the core of what makes a pokemon game a pokemon game, because contrary to what you may think, you can't just removeall mentions of "pokemon" and pokeballs and call it a day, you need to change stuff deeper then that.

As an example, look at how freedom planet differs from the actual sonic games. That's how different something needs to be to actually still not count as a derivative work, legally speaking in terms of if something counts as infringing or not.

see

Copyright and IP law might be stupid, but judges and lawyers AREN'T stupid themselves. Even if we wanted to seperate it from being called "pokemon", if we actually wanted to be 100% safe, we'd need to do a lot more then just remove all mentions to "Poke".

We'd need to change/remove/add types, change the batlte mechanics, completely rename/add/remove/change moves, abilities, and items, etc

Bull-fucking-shit.

Trying to copyright gameplay? That's not going to fucking fly. They have absolutely no argument for this whatsoever when I can blow them the fuck wide open by generalizing mechanics to what can be used in other monster battling games or even other RPGs, period.

FUCK NO

Are mods liable to be counted as infringing material, legally speaking? If so I'd love to see Bethesda go full Nintendo.

Change the profile name to "P*n Sage" or something

You misunderstand. Gameplay can't be copyright, but somebody can still argue in court that gameplay similarities are EVIDENCE of something being a deritive work.

As an analogy: having a gun painted blue and green with chains on it may not be illegal, but in a murder invesgiation where a witness said the murder had a blue and green gun, it's still something the court takes into account. Wikipedia isn't exactly a great resource but even just reading through the wikipedia article for fair use might be informative for you, especially the "Amount and substantiality" section.

Also, this is one of those factors that HEAVILY depends on how much money you have. Even if gameplay simlarities aren't enough by itself, since it itself can't be patented or copyrighted, if you have millions of dollars to blow on lawyers and argue shoit, you can still just sort of "brute force it" on somebody who doesn't have that sort of money, since even if it's a shitty point, you still need to go to court and pay a lawyer to explain why it's a shitty point, so a lot of people would just give up.

To point to pokemon prism: Prism is just a patch to crystal, it's not an actual rom of crystal itself, so in terms of fair use, there's actually a pretty good argument it might fall under fair use. But the dev doesn't have the time or money to actually argue that, wheras nintendo does, so he just gave up and didn't challenge it.

On the flip side, for small indie devs who can't afford lawyers themselves, some have official policies of not accepting fan suggestions for fear that if they implement a gameplay idea that a fan suggested, the fan might go full jew and sue them for a share of profits. In court, the dev would almost assuredly win, but it still costs too much to argue it to take the risk. Lab zero I know for instance is like that since that very thing happened to them.

I cover it a bit in the above, but it boils down to "Maybe". Fair use is a very case by case thing, and there's sort of a mutially assured destruction sort of doctrine that prevents clear precedence from being set with this stuff: Both big companies and fans don't want to actually have to go to court over these things because both are scared of case law being set that would be in favor of the other side, so it's in both's best interest to try to settle stuff out of court without setting precedence. Also, as I said, because court cases are expensive.

Worth noting i'm not lawyer or anything, so I might be wrong; but I am sage's resident hyper-autist and IP law is an interest of mine.

How come you can see the seabed when you're at the top of the gym, but when you get down to the bottom, the seabed is dark?

its a trench or something i dunno

each level isn't just going down it's also going along the seabed into deeper water.

It's supposed to represent you descending further and further underwater.

It's been pointed out how that doesn't actually make sense since the seabed looks just as far away from you at each floor depth, but if it'll actually get changed to make more visual sense or not is TBD.

Sage sort of operates via pic related.

Thank you for the (You)s, it's all I really wanted.
Hope Nintendo doesn't shut you down, I'm kinda looking forward to playing this.

Also, check 'em.

Stop lying, you're not an autist.

I'm not even sure what the implication here is

He almost definitely is.

So the yellow map on the wall in is a side-on map of the gym, not a top-down of the region?

Of course, I hope Nintendo shuts them down if they advertise and shill it everywhere like Uranium and Prism did.
Hundreds of other projects weren't harassed because they respected Nintendo's IP. These guys tried to overshadow the official games with their bootleg.

sun moon, literally the last game they made :^)
such a genwun faggot kek

Here's another member of the NIDF

I would assume so, it's certainly not a map of the region, since pic related is the region.

(I'm actually not a dev anymore, even if I still speak with everybody, so i'm out of the loop on a lot of things)

Pokemon showdown says hi

There's no such thing as intellectual property. Copyright law is not trademark law is not patent law. Anybody who tries to obfuscate these concepts is a hooknosed kike.

I fucking hate this faggot fucking fanbase so much.

Intellectual property is a legal term/concept, that refers to Trademark, Copyrights, trade secrets, and patents as a group. I used it in those posts because it's easier to say IP then all 4 of those things

You don't need to tell me how stupid a lot of those laws are and how badly reform is needed on them, or how silly and hypocritical "intellectual property" is as a term: you are preaching to the choir.

or you could just ignore faggots like him? and just play the video game?

Also, yes, they are very much related terms, since all of them have their constitutional origin in the same clause:

Of course, that line also clearly points out that the point of it is to promote public good, not to protect the profits of private companies and authors, but obviously decades of lobbyists have eroded that.

HEY GUYS, MICHAEL HERE

It only has power due to it being so mislead and so widely enforced.

Compare it to piracy. Thanks to how it's written, nearly any upload of music or clip from a show is piracy (unless for parody or education). But since it's rarely enforced and so widely done, no one is punished for it.

The only difference is, if "everyone" stepped out of line at the same time, and flooded the market with a glut of fan-titles and non-canon stories, I can see (((them))) throwing enough money at it to punish people en masse.
Don't forget Disney is the sole reason IP lifetime laws are extended to way beyond a person's lifespan.

You got that right

sauce? is there more?

Don't mind if I do. :^)

yes, satanposter

Impressive, very nice.

man children will have aspergers attacks over this

i want to skull fuck a team skull member

and here I was thinking it went into that territory. too bad for my banana and apples

That's exactly what this thread is.

Pokemon? Sage.

is the guy on the left a jew?

And nothing of value was lost.

this

He's cosplaying as Abraham Lincoln.

Sounds like they're doing what most of these retarded nintendo ip fan projects should be doing, passing it around by word of mouth but not announcing any real personal details.
It prevents nintendo from delivering a C&D and you just spread the finished product when it's done with zero consequence and nintendo can do fuckall.
Fan project devs need to stop being attention whores and stay off the radar till release.

at last i truly see

HOW DO YOU THINK MEMES ARE PROPAGATED YOU DENSE MOTHER FUCKER!?

90% of these fan games are nothing but portfoilo bait from people who desperately want to work in the gaems industry.

At worst jewtendo goes full yid and tries to sue the guy for millions of dollars. Either way, it make nintendo look like an asshole and will separate the old nintendo fans from the current drones.

THE PUREST FORM OF LOVE

Hear that guys? If you don't throw an autistic fit about a shitty fan game not getting released because they marketed themselves on a popular brand then you're a drone. Better reconsider those posts boys.

I forgot that mods are okay unless it's an Nintendo IP.

If it wasn't for the redditors making steam sale threads, i would call you the goodest goy i've seen in the past few days

I would say the second is the better goyim.

About what I'd expect.

-t. Sage creator

No one cares about your shit fan games. You have no right to the license or the code and pretending you do is pants on head retarded. Make your own mons, call it it's own name, then nintendo has no ground to fuck with you. But then we both know no one would give a shit about the game and these very same fags defending it would call it RPG maker trash.

So you are saying you are perfectly fine with defending lawyers and jewish practices? I was right, you are the best goyim!

Compelling argument. I'll take it under serious consideration.

I love how you avoid the question entirely rather than actually reveling your stance in the argument. God forbid you actually try to debate why mods are a bad thing.

I see nothing wrong with mods, but the fact is if you don't own the licence and the original creator isn't okay with you making the mod they have the right to claim it. Sorry we don't live in some sort of communist paradise where no one has the right to anything of their own, but the world we live in appreciates the creator's right to their IP. If these people really want to make a Pokemon game they totally can, they just can't use the IP of Pokemon, steal the characters, places, names. They have to come up with their own shit, because surprise: it takes effort to make all of that. Again: nothing wrong with mods, and if the developers of the game weren't totally attention whore idiots they could have gotten their game out their and I wouldn't be saying shit now. But instead they publicized it to get attention, and they got a takedown. SURPRISE! Welcome to the real world. Sorry you can't hang with it though, post more pepe though, dank memes bro.

and nothing of value was lost

Reminder that the Prism-nigger got shitcanned because he distributed a patched ROM instead of the patch itself or a pacher

Sage because thread is shit and filled to the brim with faggots.

How many fucking pokemon games created by fans are there?

Another pokemon game that will be canceled by the demands of nintendo

And backed by the drones that worship the company.

Including the author.

don't forget to buy new 3DS games for christmas goyim

That's what blows my mind. Sega has done nothing but offer olive branches to the modding community and no one seems to give a shit but if nintendo shuts down a modder's site then suddenly the drones come out to celebrate like they personally won something. What the fuck happened to my hobby?

will i be able to play this on an emulator?

Sometimes I really wonder how it is to live with a reading disability as great as yours…

It's not romhack, it's a standalone game. So no.

Kinda disappointing, i wanted to play it on my phone.

Cucks and brainwashed idiots who grew up being told that you must defend corporations because they are people too and that brand loyalty is important.

It all needs to burn.

how many pokemon fans are there?

at least 7

There was once a time when people made vidya/mods/hacks for fun, to learn new things. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Look for MKXP

Is there an easy sonic modding engine like there is for Pokemon

Sonic Worlds?

Nice taste user. Were you in the threads I was dumping it in? That's one of the images that were made as part of it, I think

It's possible to maybe get it to run on android via RPGmaker emulator, but our programmers aren't going to go out of their way to make it work with them because it's too much extra effort.

If you DO find an RPGmaker emulator it starts up in, even if it's buggy, please let us know and provide proof and they'll try to optimize it for that. Either do so on capx.wikia.com/wiki/User:Pawter or make a post on this subreddit www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSage/ . Before anybody bitches, it's a containment board, essentially, so we don't have those people flooding the wiki.

Somebody allegedy got it to work once with a certain one but they never offered proof and our programmers were busy so we never got the chance to look into it and I can't find which one it was now

I lose my sides every time

We have the head for the pokemon essentials toolkit helping, so there's actual new functions being made and such.

If you get it working, let us know

Do you have the team magma grunt ones? I've been looking for them.

you know, exhentai/gehentai arent just for hentai right? thats why theres a non-h tag
g.e-hentai.org/g/830662/c35c4e60e8/

That's you, and I don't see you doing any game at all.
They don't get paid, and if it's validation they want for a good game then I'm glad they're getting it.

Calm your autism, the entire reason the tweet in the OP exists is precisely because we never really needed nor wanted the attention and it's just risk now that we'd rather not take.

i started making my first mod, i ended up making a thread on the game's relevant fanforums. i needed testers as well as a place for suggestions. ultimately making mods is for publicity though, there isn't anything wrong with wanting more than 5 people to see what you spent over a year making

How do you feel about Nintendo stealing Sage's pokemon concepts?

What are they going to do? I can just come on here and post the download link anonymously but these attention whores can't handle that.

OR

Release an IPS patch and don't use their trademarks and those retards at Nintendo won't have any legal leverage and you can ignore their DMCAs.

name one romhack released this way

Any forum-scene rom hack where the devs don't release their names.
What the fuck is Nintendo going to do if they don't know who I am?

Two groups of people working on similar things that have the same goal are going to tend to come up with the same ideas and solutions to problems, IE convergent evolution.

In other words, none of us seriously think GF stole designs from us, and if they did, who are we to be mad at them, when we are using the IP for the fangame anyways?

I did make this image for baiting and (You) collecting though just for shits and giggles.

so no names, why the fuck would someone make a romhack if they wanted nobody to know about or play what they worked on?

Can we dick the evil lady? I wanna do that

Kill yourself.

The way it's been done since pre-2007?

Because they don't do it for muh twitter e-fame I guess.

Retard detected.

you cant give even one name, therefore you cant give a timeline, because you have no data. makes a lot of sense that nobody spoke about their romhacks on twitter before it was made. they didn't release their shit anonymously, they used forums

sorry

Okay Phil Fish, I'll make sure to give you upboats when you attach your e-whore name and real name to your projects.

Please bully me harder ma'am

You could have clarified that better.

It was vague for a reason.

Holy shit, no wonder nintendo wants to shut it down. They are valve but somehow more slimy.

This game, SAGE, actually looks a lot better than Uranium or Prism or those other autistically named Pokemon Romhacks and;the fact that they stole it…

Left side reminds me of the first 2 games almost. The silver-lining is that Nintendo is going to die soon.

user said that image was expliclity for bait.

Sage isn't a romhack it's a full conversion of Pokemon gameplay to RPG Maker.

Might wanna actually read the text on the post, user

Just to clarify: Yes, it's meant to be bait, but the image itself isn't wrong, or anything. All the sage designs were made before the GF ones, it's just we don't actually think it's a matter of copying so much as "great minds thinking alike"

Well, it uses an existing conversion toolset called Pokemon Essentials.

Sage is pushing the boundaries of PE in a lot of ways,especially since PE's lead dev helps out, but it's not as if it's sage is the first one to do this.

Yeah, not how that works retard. You can't assume that making some ape shaman happened independently if the designs were posted later. Especially since Game Freak hasn't made a good pokemon since 1998 and suddenly they start making decent ones after romhackers do.

You Pokemon fans are always so autistic holy shit.

You are talking to one of the most autistic people who has worked on sage.
He actually has been kicked out of the dev team for being so autistic

"Two groups of people working on similar things that have the same goal are going to tend to come up with the same ideas and solutions to problems" is actually precisely how convergent evolution works.

Anyways, in case of Oranguru and Orangutao, I agree that at first glance that seems a little toot arbitary a connection for it to be indepdently thought of, but you are overlooking something, and this is partly why it's a bait image. Orangutao's concept isn't actually about mysticism, at least not primarily

For starters, consider it's dex entries;

Neither of them mention psychic powers or shamanistic attributes. Next, consider it's abilities and signature move: All of them have to do with double battles, where Orangutao does something that instructs (the name of the sig move) or causes the ally to repeat it. Finally, look at the names of Orangutao in other laguages on bulbapedia: In japanese and korean, it's a combination of "do it" and "orangutan",in german, "command" and orangutan, and in chinese, it's a combination of "Wisdom" "command" "mastermind" and orangutan". With that all in mind, it's apparent that it's conceptual basis is rather the idea of TEACHING, not mysticism. It's "guru" as in a teacher, not as in a shaman.

So, it's a lot less of a coincidence then you think. GF and pokemon is notrious for having stuff being lost in translation and this is a perfect example, When working on sage,it's something we constantly have to pay attention to when doing move distrubitons, because how GF gives them out is often not very obvious or misleading due to the english names and discriptions not matcing the original japanese connotations.

They didn't have those, they just worked off the images since that's all they had.

Wtf, they based it off a picture, neither game existed yet.

A competing companies make the same design at the same time as another company that recently released their design?

???

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say anymore.

Game Freak is shit. Convergent evolution doesn't apply to art.

I thought it was Cordelay?

Those are the gooks. The Talmud/Torah is the best-selling book there.

this is the worst thing i've ever done

In quality or moral related?
It does look pretty bad.

moral
sorry about the leg
don't ban me over this mark

Nigga, pls.

Things are fine until someone drops dead.
And who cares about the BO anyway? Fucking att whore is all he is

aand that's every sprite I wanted to fix

I meant it a mostly joking manner.

Can't do it, I'm retarded.
HELP FOR FUCK'S SAKE

this pleases the dong
Why is the sprite so blurry though? here's it upscaled with the nearest neighbor algorithm

run the "dir" command to see if "pokecrystal" is even a folder

Cygwin is deprecated. Use Windows Subsytem for Linux. Cygwin is only useful for scripts, WSL is officially supported by Microsoft and adds a Linux compatibility layer to Windows

Alright i managed to make it compile under kubuntu by reading the makefile and installing the unspecified dependencies
I had to first install rgbds (rednex gameboy development system) from github.com/bentley/rgbds/ which doesn't distribute binaries for unix-like so i had to compile it too, and to compile it i needed to install the ubuntu package libpng-dev, then i installed the package byacc and compiled/installed rgbds, with rgbds installed pokeprism compiled just fine and in less than 5 seconds. Here's the full list of commands i ran (it might require you to change at least 1 command if you have a debian-based operating system, and it is the "cd" i do after i run "sudo checkinstall" since you might not have downloaded prism to the same directory i did). A rundown of the installed packages is:
build dependency of rgbds
i use it to make .deb packages since if you run "make install" you'll have to manually delete the installed files later on
packages needed for compiling programs

sudo apt update && sudo apt install -y libpng-dev byacc checkinstall build-essential pkg-configgit clone github.com/bentley/rgbds/cd rgbdsmake sudo checkinstallrm -rf ../rgbdscd ~/Downloads/Prism/sourcemake prism
this will leave you with pokeprism.gbc on the source folder of pokeprism

I also recompiled the ROM with user's fixed sprites. We should edit the title screen or something so people know it's not the original pokeprism but a modded version
a.lainfile.pw/9T
fuwa.se/
files.catbox.moe/1j8n1m.zip
cdn.che.moe/iotraf.zip
y.zxq.co/ttvhii.zip

whoops, sorry lads the second link isn't anything, i accentally pasted the wrong thing

Piss off Microkike.

This was a good thread. Saved the evidence of GF's rip-off and might just archive the thread for future reference.

that wasn't quite all of the sprites, some were so minor I didn't post them

here's what I could do with the title screen

I'm having some issues, is blue.png really with the original name? I'm searching for the files with the same name as your sprites and ovewriting them but blue.png looks nothing like the original

also i'm my IP just changed

GAMEFREAK CONFIRMED FOR PLAGARIZERS.

They want to cover this shit up

He's under \source\gfx\trainers

cool.
Also here's the title screen for anyone interested (i forgot to remove the nude sprite, i will now)

actually do i remove or do i keep nude sprites?

are pokefags really this retarded? I'm glad your projects keep getting shut down.

It's pretty hideous. I kind of wanted it to be the only tasteless edit in the thing though. Your call, here's a hopefully centered logo.

Fuck no,it was a shit thread with little to no actual discussion and instead having drama whoring out the ass with faggots overreacting and not looking into shit.

Little or nothing of actual merit has been posted or created in the thread and the best we got from it was some shit nude sprites..

I mean if you want we could dump some recent Sage stuff that got done, unless you'd rather it switch to Prism disscusion rather then Sage stuff

In which case: Anybody got a list of what's changed level up set/move/ability effect wise?

if anyone sees the deleted post, i accidentaly uploaded the wrong ROM.
Here's the right one
files.catbox.moe/rty7t6.zip

Anything to get retarded circlejerk over with and incite actual discussion or interest is better than 100% of this thread's content.

Sage is not le downboat, faggot.

You're taking active conversation related to the topic, stop saging.

That's it! Hit the showers, user.

Kill all faggots.

It's just a little bit jarring seeing the nude sprite on the title but not actually in the game. At least the rest of them seem to be in working order.

Wait user this seems to be an older sprite. I did a little touch up earlier.

Can someone upload their "suicune.w136" from source?

All I remember off the top of my head is that Eevee learns Vaporize at around level 31.

Incidentally, anyone happen to know when Eevee learns any kind of Fairy-type move, or if that's not how you evolve it into Sylveon, how I can do so?

Fug

Meant for

Do you know how Prism handles special evolutions that normally happen through trade?

it's alright i'll make one without the nude title screen.
I also just noticed there are a trillion files with the same name so my way of ovewriting sprites isn't right.
You should make a bunch of folders with names matching the real folders and put your updated sprites in them then .zip it and upload the file, that way i can just copypaste and overwrite the source directory

also here's the pic you wanted

I went to the showers at 4am,going there again is just overkill and a waste.

Haven't played it myself but there are probably some designated trading NPCs who will trade you the pokemon.

From what I hear on halfchan, there's an item called a trade stone that are used for trade evo mons

Dunno about Prism, but in Pokemon Brown trade evolutions were done with a trade stone and Sylveon with an item called the magic wand.
I think I'm gonna use an Umbreon, but I don't know what level to raidse Eevee to first. Guess I'll just let it happen when it happens.

if we are to make a new thread about this shit please hold off until me and the other user get the romhack romhack just right

files.catbox.moe/cnhzcg.zip
Here you go my man.

Fan games usually just change them to standard level up evolutions.

The version with nudes has some file in the wrong place and the compilation fails
The version with no nudes is here
files.catbox.moe/bhlkn6.zip

The only thing the no nude folders had was the regular (slightly updated) female1 sprites that should go on top of the regular gfx folder so I'm not sure what happened.
files.catbox.moe/vhitii.zip
Try the no nude again, if it doesn't compile it's probably the splash folder that's fucking everything. Delete that and try again.

the no nude works, it's the nude one that doesn't. Still doesn't with your new .zip and if i delete the updated splash

I didn't change anything about the regular gfx folder, just added everything else to the no nude one. If at least that compiles then all is well.

I've never played Pokémon Brown, so I wouldn't know that. Thanks in advance.