According to japanese user reviewers on Yakuza / Ryu ga Gotoku 6

According to japanese user reviewers on Yakuza / Ryu ga Gotoku 6

aka it is fucking garbage
Unsurprisingly, the game sold like shit in Japan.

neo Holla Forums everyone. If you honestly think ANY game coming out is going to be good, you're in for a rude awakening.

I already showed signs of doubt when I saw how Kazuma moved in the demo, I hate that floaty yet sluggish & responsive movement like in Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

Yakuza is the japanese CoD.

30 Substories? Yakuza 3 and 5 have more than that, that's so weird. Not being able to equip weapons is even weirder.

I want to know though, whats the story in Y6? And how often does Haruka appear in it, I would assume being a hated idol must have done a number on her.

This. Video games have always been shit, why would it change for one title?

Stop being a shabazo.

Us Holla Forumsirgins amirite xDdd

Because Yakuza 5 and 0 are great games. Besides, whats wrong with holding out hope that one game will be fun?

The only thing more worrying than anything though is that this is Kazuma Kiryu's apparent last game, and the devs haven't though of making a game after this according to interviews. At least Anri Okita is in this.

haruka was a total shithead in 5. everyone pretends like 5 was great but it wasn't. the ending ruined the entire game.

the game builds to be some massively huge conspiracy, like something far bigger than just the yakuza was involved, but in the end its just an old yakuza man with cancer and too much money, that was it.

the final boss fights were forced as fuck, Akiyama got far too much spotlight (he's literally yakuza's Lightning at this point), Kiryu fights against the "surprise final boss" with a deadly bullet wound he hadn't recovered yet, and Baseball Dude fights against the baldy because there was literally nobody else relevant in the plot he could fight as a final boss.
Oh, and haruka decides to publicly announce on TV where Kazuma Kiryu lives, because nobody would try to go get revenge right?

its sad because the main story and extras are great, the game is leading you on to something great, and it turns out to be a massive disappointment, the ending alone i'd say halved the score i would give the game.

How is Haruka a shithead in 5? She still seems the same, granted I just started her story.

From what I understood she gets knocked up in one-night stand with a random guy, while you were in prison, and shits out a baby something something about the real father of Haruka too

Wait, she was actually pregnant?

>Real father of Haruka
Doesn't that fuck with the ending to Yakuza 1?

finish the game and you'll see how fucking stupid she is.

The baby Haruto you saw in the gameplay demo is actually Haruka's baby

Kiryu previously got into a fight with Akiyama who tried to stop him into taking the baby, in fear that he'd be vanned by the police forces an get charged with kidnapping and go back to jail again. However, Kiryu dont give a shit about the warnings

I also heard that the difficulty was extremely toned down, like the enemies barely do any damage and are barely a challenge (you can destroy bosses under 2 minutes easy) even on Hard difficulty.

Is it a different team this time or did they not give a shit?

They had Takeshi Kitano involved, who knows if he had any input.

This sounds like the weakest out of all the Yakuza games. At least we'll get 0 and Kiwami.

Can do.

To be fair, Yakuza's writing became shit after the first two games, when they got rid of the original writer.

Speaking of Yakuza, has anyone played the PSP games? The first one is getting a fan translation.

Bosses are so fucking easy (only one health bar for every opponent and Kiryu being generally overpowered even on harder difficulties) that even Amon barely puts up a fight

Project got canceled.

Why did anyone think this kind of plot was a good idea? This is something a feminist or a nu male cuck over in the West would think was a good story.

What?! Source? Can't they just release a patch for the main story which was fully translated afaik

This was back at the beginning of November. I bet you anything he'll never release the patch.

???

Aren't these the slant eye jews that gave skyrim a perfect score?

user, nearly everyone gave Skyrim a perfect score.

Famitsu gives damn near every major release 9s and 10s, just like IGN here.

Surprised Famitsu throws away high scores?

Famitsu is the japanese IGN.

It always happens like this. Every single time. It is the gaijin curse.

Because the games were great before and 5 took forever to get released in the west.

At least there series lasted a decade before going to absolute shit. Most promising franchises these days fuck up 2 or 3 games in.

Famitsu gives almost everything a perfect score. They gave about 36/40 to Gundam Target in Sight, one of the most slammed games on the entire ps3.

I genuinely wonder though, why did Yakuza 6 go the direction it did? Yakuza 0 and Kiwami from what I hear have the best combat in the series, sounds like all they had to do was Yakuza 5-2.

It's because it sold like ass in Japan that they need gaijin money to make up the difference.

Not just gaijin money now, but asia money more than ever it seems. I also wonder if 5 just did so good or something that Sony decided to pay for all future localizations or if Atlus took over Sega and want to do it because they love the games.

Chinks are gaijins.

I thought burgerstans were baka gaijins.

Gaijin = foreigner
So it'd be baka burgerjin

Still buying it purely for Virtua Fighter

Yakuza 6 isn't coming out in the west until 2018 at the earliest
0 is pretty fucking great though

Well it sounds like a Takeshi thing to make a great series have a shit game

Takeshi DID make "Takeshi's Challenge" after all, which is one of the shittiest games ever made.

Wake up, white man.

Wake up, retard.

Takeshi went on record saying he hates vidya and most technology, maybe thats why.

How so? Also, was the baby hers?

I am glad I will not buy a PS4 and that I will not be playing new games at all. All the games I was interested in turned out to be shit:

Goddamnit, why do all the franchises I used to love so much need to get ruined. Even my precious Ryuga was ruined. My last hope is that the new Persona will not be ruined when it comes out in April or later

I have some bad news for you, user.

Hope dies last brudder

Written japanese text in pic related is saying "This is… my persona"

Well that's unfortunate news. Still, I guess I can forgive one stinker since pretty much every other game in the franchise has been spot on. Can't help but wonder how they fucked up so hard though, Yakuza 5 stumbled a bit at the ending but everything leading up to it is fantastic. Different team maybe?

So is it the usual story of sad kids get bullied by their cool self until they beat the boss and get a persona while figuring out X problem but WOAH, a demon or a god was pulling the strings the entire time! I heard the story was about people's personas violently escaping them and causing massive damage around the area and someone or a group of people were using that knowledge to snackbar all over japan.
I'm sure that is not the story at all but I just want confirmation that's actually the case.

Isn't that top one fake?

I'm pretty sure all Yakuza games had the same team.

Oh that reminds me, I'm pretty sure they delayed SMT3 by a decade due to the Sarin Gas Attack being organized by a satanic-tier sex cult.

Hold on, what? I heard about that cult and it apparently how it started from some yoga class, but how did it result in SMT3 getting delayed by like a decade?

I'm just guessing, literally, they started making spinoffs around 95.

It's coming out late 2017 in the west, they already announced it, as well as Kiwami coming over mid-2017

Nier Automata and Gravity Rush 2 is good enough for me for 2017. Also The Last Guardian but it's pretty meh compared to SOTC

It's fake as fuck, look at the pattern behind the word "Persona" and look at the r.

What am I supposed to see here? The Japanese version has the same pattern.

I just played SOTC this summer and it was stunning. Very good game but sadly it really pushed the PS2 to limits. On all the fights I had, the console was lagging as fuck. I read from people who played it on emulator that it was even worse.
inb4 get the ps3 version: I want to play the original releases on the original systems

There's artifacts in the star in the top screenshot.

Oh god, for a second I thought you were talking about 0 and I was going to commit sudoku because that game looks fantastic from what little I've seen.

You can tell the star pattern on the upper pic is fucked up and misaligned in comparison with the bottom one, same with the pattern behind the skip and log text. Whoever did this lowered the quality of the upper pic to try and hide the fucked pattern resulting from the shopped text.

Zero is pretty good though I only own the japanese PS3 version.

Thanks, now I see it.

Combat wise this looks like it should be more faster than it is.

Goddamn it you know what I meant

WEW

I get you. I played it both on PS2, and then the PS3 version. Mind you, the HD one is ported by Bluepoint, so it's a quality port, and well worth the money. It still doesn't fix the somewhat fucky IK though. How they got the physics and controls WORSE than SOTC is beyond me though.

Which is why I said it's meh. Learn to fucking read toaster edgelord

It's like kek itself told me that I was going to be tied to weeb shit for the rest of my life. I'm okay with that.

jesus christ though, if those spoilers are correct, it has a really shitty story.

What are the spoilers anyways? All I saw in one video was that The guy who owned Stardust sold it because he eventually lost money, eventually some chinese mafia owner bought it and somehow became in control of the sex industry, and he converted Stardust into some fetish dungeon shit and also built a wrestling ring in

If I'm new to Yakuza, what should I start with? Just pick up the first game that originated on PS2? Is there an HD collection for PS3?

>and he converted Stardust into some fetish dungeon shit and also built a wrestling ring in
What the fuck were they thinking?! Do they just not give a fuck anymore?
FUCK IT, WE SENTAI WITHOUT THE FUN NOW!

Gee, thanks user.

Get a full body tattoo and start shit with people in front of convenience stores. Also squat.

Lipsyncing looks bad? And Kiryu looks fucking weird, I know he's supposed to be older, but it still looks off.

Maybe they thought since Kitano was involved they couldn't make something like the PS3 games again. They constantly hyped up they had an all star cast as well.

Maybe they wanted to go even further than his model in 5.

0 is great

Thanks for giving me a serious answer to a simple question.

I mean that's how they usually start out.

Everyone is going to tell you to start with the first one, stop crying you queer.

Well excuse me. I didn't know if Yakuza was those types of games where they could hold up on their own or if you need to play all of them in order to understand them like the MGS series.
Besides, I don't have a PS2, so that's why I was asking if there was a PS3 port because that's pretty much all I have right now.

Nigga just emulate the first game. I was in the same boat but this is a very story driven series and even the 5th game references characters and events from the first game.

Oh, well in that regard start with 3. There is an HD collection but its Japanese only. 3 has a video series to get you up to speed

Oh they all do hold up on their own. The controls and load times get better in the later ones though making the earlier ones harder to play if you go out of order.

You new here or something? It's banter, mate.

Alright, thanks.

I assumed as much, but I was mostly referring to the overall story. Call me a fag, but I'm a sucker for good lore that stays consistent in later games.

My fat cock inside your mom's pussy is just banter.

So basically their numbered sequel has gone to shit just like Mafia 3 has gone to shit?

At least it eventually went to shit after a series of 3 good releases back to back.

Source? not that i dont believe it

No user, Gaijin are not just the white man Koreans and Chinese are also Gaijin and because of Yakuza human trafficking for cheap labor they always have massive tension between Koreans and Japs. They hate each other.