Final Fantasy 6

So I'm on the Floating Continent, I'm getting my ass handed to me and I'm bleeding out resources. Am I just completely fucked at this point and have to resort to grinding elsewhere, or is there some way I can actually get to the boss with more than one potion and Phoenix Down?

This game really hasn't blown me away like I expected it to. Does it get better during the World of Chaos part?

What version are you playing? The best one is the GBA version with the sound and comor fix patches

Color*

PS1. I know the load times are shitty, but I managed to get through the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger, and the load times here aren't even half as bad as CT's.

don't worry user that it the end of the game its meant to be hard. at least that's what I thought the first time I played it back in the 1994

Shit nigger, what does it feel like to fuck yourself up like that?

It's been a long time since I last played the game, but is there not a way to return to the airship and buy more resources? Also, you've been using Espers to teach your characters a good amount of spells, right? That's pretty important.

Either way, you should be able to make it through to the end, if only by the skin of your teeth. If worse comes to worst, just use the vanish + doom glitch.

In some ways yes. It become much more non-linear and darker in tone.

DON'T YOU DARE ABANDON HIM YOU FUCKING KIKE

why is the GBA version the best? Is there added content? Because I kinda prefer Final Fantasy V (Japan) [En by RPGe v1.1] version.

you can backtrack for items

dont forget shadow

I'll always have a nostalgia boner for FF6, but if you're older than say 11, the plot isn't going to be very interesting.

I did that, but I ran out of money buying potions, PDs and smoke bombs, so I didn't have anything left for tinctures, which are bloody expensive for only recovering 50 MP.

Not as much as I probably should've. Not that I haven't equipped anyone with Espers, but I've mostly had my members using one specific Esper through most of the game.

Why though? Theres no reason to play that version, if you have a PSP/Vita theres TempGBA4PSP that can run the patched GBA version just fine

GBA has a new retranslated script, extra content dungeons and bosses, better looking menu sand with the patches you get the SNES music as well as the voiced opera. I think im good.

He's going to leave party

When you have to get off the continent, wait out the timer at the end.

Honestly, it's just because I like playing games on my PS2. I also didn't actually know about the GBA version going in.

you also need to remember that many many games copied FF6 (even FF7), so things that might now seem like contrived story cliches where originally from this game and where cool only because nobody expected them at the time. The fact that you already know about the world of chaos actually might be one of the reasons you are not "blown away".

Learn some good spells through your party members. Cura, Esuna and the level 2 elemental spells are useful, as can and will be Rasp and Osmose.

Also, if you want to (and it may be useful later, so you should), grab several Genji Gloves by stealing them from the dragons in the Floating Continent.

Also, . Reach the end, refuse to get off, then wait until the end of the timer. This is important.

How to save money in FF 6:
1. Put Edgar on the lead;
2. Go to Figaro Castle;
3. Purchase items with 50% discount.

Also, you shouldn't be using Smoke Bombs at all (why are you running from combat, if you're not doing a low-level run?), nor be burning through Potions and Phoenix Downs (you should have learned Cure 1, 2, and Life 1 at this point from your Espers).

It's not even the cliches, I'm totally fine with them. I just feel like the plot's been moving along at a snail's pace and I've spend 12 hours running around through generic caves and even more generic towns. There were some moments that I absolutely loved (opera, ghost train, any scene with Kefka), but I think after playing Chrono Trigger and FF7 the only other JRPGs I've ever played, I was just expecting a little more from what everyone says is the best Final Fantasy.

I've totally got those, but Terra keeps running out of MP, and I don't have any ethers.

Sounds like you're underleveled OP. Go grind on the world map and make sure all your guys have at least Cure2.

What about the other character's MP? You have 4 of them in your party.

Osmose is your answer. With a cost of 1 MP, it steals LOTS of MP of the target. Unless it is a Zombie, you'll probably restore all your MPs.

No one else has Cure. I tried to make Terra and Celes my only healers, everyone else just uses MP for attacking.

Well of course that it blows compared to Chrono Trigger, check out Seiken Densetsu 3 and Earthbound if you want non generic SNES JRPGs. If you enjoyed EB then you will love M3 even more, its infinitely better (maybe except for the OST). Also consider that the load times of the PSX version are really off putting and you got tired of them, i should know since i completed CT on the PSX.

Ahh friend, you should have played FF6 before CT

Not really. Shit, CT is one of my favourite games and I only ever played the PSX version. Like I said, FF6's load times aren't even anywhere near as bad as CT's.

You should really distribute your healing duties between all characters, and if you're blowing through MP on magic attacks, you should use Osmose. Or use characters that have good physical abilities (Sabin, Edgar, Cyan) or MP-free spells (Gau).

What are you doing, familia? Play it on the SNES (or emulate it). No loading times, same game.

I've always got Sabin and usually Cyan in my party, but I'll also go check out Osmose, thanks.

Hey, you know that there are SNES emulators for the PS2 don't ya?

Oh so you where looking for more of a "cinematic" experience ;^)
but honestly, stick with it you haven't even finished half the game.
Chrono Trigger was the "best" JRPG on SNES ever made, it was the team of Dragon Quest working with the Team that created Final Fantasy with the art of Akira Toriyama and this was at a time that Square and Enix where rival companies. It was literally Hironobu Sakaguchi and Yuji Horii's dream child. I use best in quotes because honestly over the years I got burned out on CT and sorta even hate it now compared to Dragon Quest and other RPG's that it overshadows.

Remember that you can steal opponent's MP too
Especially if they cast spells while dying, since it'll stop them doing so

After you're done with FF6, try Live a Live then. That's a game that should blow you away.

Had no idea, honestly.

I've been wanting to play that one for a while, but I got sidetracked playing Kingdom Hearts.

Amazing game with a great OST

Easy to run with FreeMcboot, most games work great except for a few like Star Fox.

Whatever he is posting from would do a much better job of it though.

He did say that he "likes playing games on his PS2", whatever floats his boat.

is this like an Obamaphone? Or did your family by you a $2k mac for "free"?

Are you retarded?

I thought they misspelled macbook and where complain about a running SNES emulator on their toaster.
Why would I give a fuck about a PS2 home-brew tool when I can emulate PS2 on my PC?

(you)
they*

Free McBoot is less obscure than PS2 emus, friendo, if your balls dropped sometime last decade.