Trails In The Sky

So I just discovered this game through a youtube video and it sounds fucking amazing and I am under the impression that I need to play it, am I right or wrong?

what platform do I get it for? PC? will the steam good goy sale affect it?

Can I pirate it and then transfer my save file?

youtube video: youtube.com/watch?v=TaN2G-AEd9Q this guy actually makes quality content

I just knew you were talking about Mother's Basement's video, but if you had actually watched the damn thing you'd know it's available on PC. Steam, GOG, Humble, what have you.

Luckily for you, although it seems unlikely that Zero and Ao will officially be translated, some major names in the Falcom fanbase that have helped with the official translations in the past have picked up an abandoned fan-translation, and so now every game in the franchise will have an English release in one way or another eventually.

Go to the falcom thread. Short answer, if you enjoy amazing stories and like turnbased combat. Yes, buy the first one to see how it is. If you like it and want more, buy the second. The third game in that series is coming next year.

the world building on Trails is great i agree but the game itself is not, the core story is boring and cliché, the characters are quite bland( Estelle is a Tomboy with golden heart and loves shoes, her character barely changes or improves during and after the game) and every villain has a sob story besides the last boss who is the run of the mill EVIL guy, not to mention the mediocre gameplay and reused assets(SC is the same world as FC but with a few new places). It's worth a play just don't expect much.

I knew (for steam anyway) and did, but wikipedia page says it's also on psp and also ps3 if I remember reading that correclty. For all I know those version might be superior

Considering the PC version is the most recent release, you shouldn't get any other version.

The most recent PC release by XSEED features all the extra content/features from both the PSP port and the PS3 Kai release. There's no reason to go for anything else.

People seem to either love these games or hate them. People who don't like them tend to criticize it for it's slow pace. The people who love them do so for the world building, sound track and story. I personally enjoy the shit out of them.

Yes
PC, it's great. You need to get BOTH games though. It's a 2 parter
Yes, but please buy it. Buy it on GOG. Xseed and Falcom both deserve money for this. No one did a bad job on this and if there's anything since in 2000 that deserved money since Deus Ex it is these two games!!!

pic related if you pirate? ionno

deus ex was a half-finished piece of shit tho

any documented information on that? is the save file stored on the root folder? I don't wanna go editing files and shit but I'll do it if neccessary

also my favorite game of all time so far is Xenoblade on the wii and besides that I do not have much RPG-playing experience (just nintendo shit and a handful of MMOs), based on that would any of you say I would like this game? Should I play anything else before this so I don't get stuck on basic shit?

Translating Ao will be hard though since there's no decent PC port to work with.

Goddammit Falcom knows how to do lolis well.

It's literally the most boring game I've ever played. You must really love cliché JRPG slice of life garbage to enjoy this game.

There are like 5 games on the PSP of this series that got localized and i pirated them all, which one do i start with?

PSPs are a dime a dozen nowadays, and PSP emulators work on a toaster. Plus, there's the Vita versions of both games that they're hoping to work on as well.

My biggest hope would be Zero and Ao Evo translated, with the original arrangements added back in. That would be the best shit.

Any of the ones published by Konami, ignore. Play Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC.

:^) try harder next time, pal

They're all numbered in a folder in the steam folder(s). Here's a funny thing, falcom game saves from physical copies even work with digital localized copies. On xenoblade, this doesn't play like xenoblade, it's much more oldschool. It's chill and you ram in to guys or they ram in to you on the maps to engage in a battle where you move in squares around eachother to smack them in a turn by turn basis. You can play this from the start and you don't need to play any of the 5 previous games or the 5(6) subsequent ones to know what you're doing.

EVO versions are garbage. Again they turn the art in to generic anime trash and the music is now live so you have a lazy guilty gear sound instead of crisp synth.

whoops, the second paragraph in my post is for (you)

Do not play Tear of Vermillion, Legacy of the White Witch, or Song of the Ocean. They are "remakes" from some outsourced bandai company and are garbage

That's what I did. I kept hearing how good the games were, but some people would shit on the gameplay. So I pirated them and loved them. Yeah, the gameplay isn't anything to write home about, but it's not bad. The characters, writing, story, and music are definitely the stars of the games. Looking forward to The 3rd. Already have the Cold Steels, but people say it's a good idea to play in release order (and I normally do that anyway), so I still have The 3rd, Zero, and Ao to get through. Won't be able to get around to Cold Steel for quite some time unfortunately.

I should have mentioned the dialogue as being a star as well, it's really great, especially in the English versions. I played the English versions just because it was actually more fun to read than the Nip versions.

Gonna add three posts in a goddamn row. I forgot to elaborate on

So I pirated them, loved them, bought them, and my save files worked just fine.

Cold Steel happens simultaneously with Zero/Ao, you can play them in either order.

If you like JRPGs, story, AHS world building, you should absolutely get TiTS. While it can certainly tend to drag at times, it's a magnificent experience. The combat is among the best of any JRPG as well.

Get it for PC. You can get it on GoG sans DRM.

I don't know, I bought it. You can transfer your save from the first to second game.

He claims a Japanese Corporation is a fucking indie. I take that with a grain of salt.

Anyway, what're you waiting for? PLAY IT. NOW. Feel free the visit the Falcom thread, while you're at it.

What said. They actually spoil each other no matter what order, though Cold Steel II does so juuuust a little bit more, but not enough to affect your eventual experience playing the Crossbell games, in my opinion.

Safe for double post.

Yeah, I've heard that no matter which you play first, the Crossbell or CS games you're going to get spoiled on events in the other, so I guess it'll depend on how much I want to play Cold Steel before Zero/Ao I guess. I'll wait until after I've played The 3rd anyway. I liked the English localization for FC and SC so much that I'm just waiting for the English version.

I've heard that CS goes back on some nice changes in Zero/Ao. And everyone raves over how good the Crossbell games are, but for now I'm writing that off as another example of "It's Japanese exclusive, so they're the best games!".

Is there no English version on vita?

I think you can buy the PSP version from PSN and play it on Vita, but that's it. There's no English version of the EVO versions and likely never will be.

I hope you like to read a lot, talk to all same npcs everytime you advance the story and really basic gameplay.
Im a huge faggot and liked the game

GOOD, 6's EVOs are far worse than 7's. It took the abomination of pic related for failcom to even wise up and get involved in some QC work for ED7.

That's what I did.

And we're all better for it. Thank you collaborative re-releases and your bs paperwork.

There is an unofficial insertion of the official translation in the making.

The Evo art for Zero and Ao is fine, it's the same style. It's shitty for FC and SC though, no doubt.

That's why I said the Evo release of Zero and Ao with the original arrangements would be the best. HD art and more content, and you don't have the questionable rearrangements.

You are aware that ED6 Evo came AFTER ED7 Evo, right?

What are EVOs?

Updated art, more anime stills to show when important dialog happens, hd upgrades, some extra non-important goodies, and a live soundtrack like Ys I&II for PSP.

They're the PSP games re-released for VITA with all those upgrades.

Short for EVOLUTION, shorthand for the subtitles given to Trails Re-releases.

Unlikely, due to Falcom not really having been the only one to develop it. Lot of hurdles to get rights for it,

Doesn't that not work in a lot of areas?

I never do that in games and even I did that. It wasn't so bad in small areas like Rolent, but talking to everyone in Grancel, especially in SC which has the harbor open, became really time consuming. I normally didn't go beyond town though unless I had a reason to go to another settlement, so it's not like I talked to absolutely everyone I could each time I could.

I played a bit of FC EVO. Even before I played the PC version I wasn't a huge fan of the artstyle compared to what I'd seen from the old versions over the years. It didn't even really seem all that special, really, though I only played through part of the prologue before sticking with the PC version (I was playing them both in turns, trying to decide if I wanted to go with the original or EVO version). Not sure if I'll play the EVO versions of the Crossbell games or not yet. Guess I could do the same thing with them.

Oh right, Vita hacking would make that possible now. That's great news.

Updated Vita ports. It stands for Evolution. For the TiTS games, the art style is changed, VA is added, Zero Crafts and Arts as well as preemptive strikes are added. I've heard that there's some re-balancing and new arts added, but I didn't play far enough to know. Don't know what the Crossbell EVOs are like.

EVOs are the remakes/remasters/ports of Trails in the Sky FC/SC/The 3rd, and Trails to Zero/Trails to the Azure for Vita. They're known for having different arrangements of the music (most people really dislike the new music, but honestly there are some arrangements in EVO SC that I actually prefer, but that's a very unpopular opinion), voice acting, and redone art (in Trails in the Sky's case, bringing the art in line with the art style the series has had since Trails to Zero, for better or worse.)

For Trails in the Sky EVO in particular, the games are updated to better fit with the rest of the series gameplay-wise, but it absolutely fucks the game balance afaik.

Vita hacking is a thing now, and if nothing else I'm sure if you gave me an afternoon I could probably get a proof of concept working for the original Zero/Ao soundtracks in the EVO releases going.

What about playing Zero before The 3rd? I've been doing some reading about the Crossbell games, and I'm really getting the itch to play them.

Also, to anyone who happens to read this, original versions or EVO versions for the Crossbell games?

Trails the 3rd sets up a lot of what happens in the future of the series. Each first game has its own story, but that story is enriched if you're able to recognize call backs and returning characters. I'd say wait for the Third, especially since it really sets up a lot of the future of the series.

Alright, will do. I've got more than enough games to fill my time with anyway.

It shouldn't be. The version of Merciless Savior from it is fucking ace.

I had to do it

Not with that awful chorus

LOL

So they slowed it down an quieted the instruments for awful japanese signing? No thanxu. The only track that ever needed updating for the modern jdk aesthetic was silver will.

Whatever reason it was "trails in the sky" is beyond me. Kiseki is a direction and sora no is of the sky. Air travel isn't as present as you would think with the title it has, for Trails in the Sky you'd think it was closer to Skies of Arcadia.

lel

Why is there so little lewds of this game?

Truly, you are worse than Weissman.

Because God exists. Trails is pure, not for boobies.

so I yarred it and its bretty gud so far
but I kinda wanna buy it on steam for the achievements

thoughts?

I having issues with the sidequests from the guild. Every quest that says you should go kill a monster that's located e.g. "on the North-West section of the East Side road" I never fucking find them! I'm sure I'm the right place, scouring the entire map, but only find regular enemies.

is there no wiki for this game?

it's cheaper there too..

They are big ass monsters in the middle of the road, they are impossible to miss, hell there is one that fucking blocks the road, but there is one that blended pretty well and I actually missed a few times.

I'm sure there is but faqs are like crack to me. I'll ruin game experiences if I go search for answers.

Fucking weird I tell ya what. Could it be some weird glitch.

If you have to ask another person on an image board about video games you might as well ask a carefully precise and well-written guide that won't call you a faggot.

about where to go in video games*