Here's Xen in Black Mesa. I don't understand what's taking them so long

Here's Xen in Black Mesa. I don't understand what's taking them so long.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/zx35JxK.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you ever used SDK?

Use less brush geometry and use static meshes instead
Hardly an issue in 2016.

It looks like they are taking the fucking cave segment from ep 2 and sprinkling shit on it.

Have you ever done anything meaningful in your life?

That reeks of "we made several prototypes but all were out of scope/not doable in the engine so here's the crappy backup plan"

Why overcomplicate? Just push a 1:1 version with better graphics at this point.

Are you telling me that shit's still not finished? Holy shit.

They released all but Xen, and now want to charge money for Xen or something.

That not even the worst of it
The only thing you paid for was multiplayer and the promise that Xen would be released SOON™ and wasn't gonna be shit but you see how that turned out
The only new content they added was the uncut chapters, which are taken straight from another modder (with his consent though) who released them for free before

They're totally gonna fuck up the Gonarch and Nihilanth, aren't they

how long has this shit been in development? 10 years? These retards should have just made their own games.

They're completely remaking it.

Here's the images they have showing this
i.imgur.com/zx35JxK.jpg this one is too big for Holla Forums

New assets, re-done artstyle making it more alien and dark, and updated shit, still unbelievable Valve is letting them charge for it, but hey, paid mods and shit.

Fuck off with your shit puke mentality, this is why you end up with games that can barely grunt out 60 frames.

I mean, sounds like a winner to me

Valve is doing the reverse of Nintendo and are basically giving the people who are making this the okay to remake Half-Life. As of this moment ~300,000 people bought and own the game in early access. Valve is making easy money purely off of the nostalgia and it is probably only going to increase when Xen comes out.

Waiting for the fucking kikes to announce this on consoles on the next Half-Life 3 NEVER EVER anniversary, like Orange Box Remastered with updated TF2 cancer and Portal 2.

Source engine runs most games at about 120 FPS on my shit-tier PC. Occlusion is nice and all, but it comes at the cost of BSP mapping, and while BSP works for sharp areas and interiors, it's not good good at all for environments like Xen. In fact, it just adds another 20 minutes to loading times.
At the very least, use some kind of mixture between the two.

This. The only issue, for Crowbar Collective, was to release BM without Xen. And they could add a better support for coop post-release, Sven indicates that there still some appeal for HL coop, to get some additional sales.

bump

you can still occlude things without making your geometry brush based. You just seal them in with a nodraw brush.

Jesus, that completely misses the point of the original Xen's design. It's a cave system with headcrabs and also some crystals around just to remind you it's Xen.

you could post ns2_mineshaft and nobody would notice the difference
you could post the caves from HL2:ep2 and nobody would notice the difference
you could post trine's frozen cave level and colorblind people wouldn't notice the difference
you could post any cave from wow and nobody would notice the difference

yeah, looks like some generic cave from Oblivion or something.

tbh, i completely forgot this remake was still a thing.

When it comes to optimisation, occlusion is one of your least worries mate. You can also easily bypass this problem by using boolean operations to combine static meshes into one mesh if you need to be such an autist.

This mod is so vaporware it competes with The Real World mod for May Payne.

It looks like the antlion caves in episode 2.

This. Apparently its not free anymore now too.

Ant-tillion sounds better than antlion. Former sounds alien and menacing, latter is just an ant that's a bit bigger.

Impressive, things like the unofficial thief 2 expansion pack with full 13 missions, cutscenes, voice acting and modifying the engine to do some amazing things were done by a bunch of nerds for free and they still did it without a backing of a multi billion dollar corporation, in their spare time, in five years time.

If you think that's bad, look at how they've developed Black Mesa. Their lead programmer and animator worked together for 12 months .. on cockroach AI.

Former sounds small and tingly, though.

That's pretty kek worthy if true.

100% true.

How can anybody justify this purchase? If the entire remake was $20 I might have understood and pirated it anyway because who the fuck buys a mod? but since it was released free I can't help but feel like their regretting not being more Jewish and their just covering for lost time. Either way I'll probably end up pirating the thing once it's complete and just end up only playing Xen because honestly the original game is better in almost every fashion outside of graphics. And Xen might have a lot of cool area's to make a screensaver for.

I hope they keep at least the soundtrack of the Gonarch.
RETURN THE SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB

Put a frog spin on it and it doesn't.

It's an Early Access Steam Workshop game.

It's obvious jewery, but I actually support this. I'd love to see old IPs get updated with HD assets. Only problem is whether they do a shit job ala Hijinx studios. There's absolutely on excuse for Blue Point to not have work. There's plenty of work to be done. Just don't fuck with the original game too much and make it look shinier.

Is there a comparison with where that area is supposed to be in HL1? Because I don't remember any parts of Xen being inside a cave with jump pads

You never followed the development of the mod I see

Well if you removed or replaced bunch of assets it could work somehow.

Valve's greedy jew nose is whats taking them so long, they're tied up with legal bullshit.

Content has been ready to go for years, shit it was ready to all go at once before "launch" instead of this piecemeal bullshit we ended up getting.

IT PISSES ME OFF THAT FUCKING VALVE TAKES MODDERS AND GIVES THEM A JOB, WHILE FUCKING NINTENDO JUST KILLED POKEMON SAGE
WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM NINTENDO??

Why are people excited for the worst part of Half Life?

because they're changing it
good change or bad change however, nobody knows yet

Eh, I don't know. I liked it because there were a few non hostile vortigaunts, and vortigaunts are cute.

What was the point of nothing but square floating blocks and a whooshing sound on repeat?

Nintendo still makes pokemon game
Valve doesn't make anygames

Look's pretty similar to me lad.

Thats what I was thinking, but the fucks wanted to make Xen big ass. Might fucking suck.

You're right, thats all new.

NINTENDO IS RAPING EVERY FRANCHISE TO THE BONE AAAAAAAAAAAA

that's not even the same material

and valve outsources the raping

Is it still free at least?

I liked it when it came out, hadn't played HL in years and cutting On A Rail to hald the length was one of the better decisions.

The steam version with multiplayer isn't, no. The version on their site without multiplayer is still free though.

I'm pretty sure it's this.

So they completely threw out the otherworldly look for generic caves with blue orbs of light?

I really hate how they are making it blue when Zen is fucking green.

One picture of a blue cave doesn't mean that the vast outside areas won't be there

I didn't even finish BM. Half way through I realized that if I wanted to play HL then I should play actual HL since it's much better than BM.

meh hl1 turned to shit when gorgon went to zen anyways

But there will be at least one generic cave with blue orbs of light.

All of Xen was organic looking in the original game though so they threw out a big part of the look.

It means they're ditching the organic, sickly green environments of Xen, with its living terrain that will eat you and then spit you out 30 feet into the air, and ditched it for stone caves with blue orbs of light.