E.Y.E

Old thread is past the bump limit and is on page 13
Why are the Rotten Mound and BK222 even in the game? They're worse versions of other guns.

The same reason literally every other gun besides the Bear Killer and Sulfatum are in the game.

variety, faggot

The Bear Killer .444 isn't great for normal combat, though; too few rounds.
The K.A. 93 and SG6000 are both better for standard fighting.
The Rotten Mound is objectively worse than the K.A. in every way other than ammo.

*S6000

Which is why you pair it with the Sulfatum, as the only thing the Sulfatum can't effortlessly destroy is armored targets, which, surprise surprise, the BK easily takes out.
If you're an efficiency autist, everything in the game is objectively worse than BK + Sulfatum.

This game would be much better as a TPS

but muh speed

E.Y.E. remaster when?

Hopefully never as way too much will be changed for no good reason ( possibly changing a character`s personality to try and fit in with the rest of the current best selling market), file size will be ~>20 GiB, graphics can`t improved much as it is running on the source engine. Also the fatal fae in your plan, is that the developer is dead.

Immersion will be reduced though. Also it increases thr chances of a cover mechanic (or a more adnvaced iteration) being introduced which would go against the focus on mobility in the game.

Struem On still exists.

Fuck you, don't talk shit about my Rotten Mound
The semi-auto firing feels fucking great

So they are, I stand corrected. I haven't really been focusing much on modern games.

You can enable both the S6000 and the K.A. 93 to have semi-auto fire.

Streumon recently finished Space Hulk Deathwing and just like EYE at launch, its filled to the brim with bugs and poor optimization.

Just saw Blade Runner 2's trailer

I just realized how similar E.Y.E's is to this universe, felt good to see the Bearkiller on the screen

Read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, E.Y.E. has more in common with the book than the movie.

Rotten Mound gets a shitload of ammo because enemies are more likely to spawn with it, ammo drops are not necessarily based on the weapon NPCs use but it most certainly plays a role. That is why it is modelled to resemble an AK variant and made to be shittier, it is supposed to be a decent but cheap rifle. Believe it or not but things exist in the game for more than just the player to use it.

Also

Does no one build accuracy?

I think that's meant to be a nod to the AK-47, it even looks like it.

Yes but then you can't take a S6k with it and have to rely on a Mothra or god forbid a HS010 for close quarters.
but I concurr Hunting Machine + Mothra master race

People who say the S6000 is good are the same people too lazy to actually aim their fucking shots.

I use it because it's really accurate, actually.

I only find pic related the only worthwhile weapon alongside the Bearkiller, headshot EVERYTHING.

Then use the Hunting Machine

The best weapon is the Triangular Gate.
No Deus Ex or Master too strong
It's the best way to kill Rinmah before he drops a billion clones

Also does anyone else think it's neat then when you get Hypnotic Gate, you enter a temporal loop that you have to resolve or you'll repeat the same sequence forever.

What are you implying with the Hypnotic gate? Everyone knows Rimanah was fused with a werewolf during a fierce battle and now he's stuck within his own mind.

But I just realized the werewolf you meet in the Rimanah ending is also the one that gives you the Hypnotic gate, what does this mean?

(checked)
(checked)
I think it ties into the cyclical nature of the game
Maybe the player character has been hypnotized all along
I think the Meta-streumonic forces have altered reality to the point where events are no longer happening causally
You will never escape your cycles of guilt
Even beings who try to escape remain trapped in it, like the alien hidden in the wall
His cycle will begin again in the inevitability a player will kill him

Or maybe Struem On made a weird series of endings because they have no clue how to write a story needed some reason for you to be going to all these weird places?

wish they actually put in that boss fight to tie it up in a bow

Filthy Fed go home

But user, there's a way to truly escape the cycles of guilt.

Stop playing :^)

I actually once entered an unresolvable cycle but I think it was a game bug, between the second and third mission, I had exited the game after finishing the second one, and first was given my objectives for the third mission.
But when I opened up the game again, I was stuck on the second mission with no objectives and unable to progress to the third, since I already went up the elevator, the door wouldn't open anymore.
Thankfully it was just a character I briefly made and wasn't my main character.

We're reaching cycles of guilt that should not be possible.

Time and money constraints are a real bitch, user.

They really should have kept the audio file where they say that there was going to be an awesome boss fight there

What the fuck are you people thinking? Thats a good way to us blacklisted you fucking idiots.

why

Hit heads with it. It has 2 more shots than the Bear Killer and you can carry more ammo. Only problem is it takes longer to stabilize than the BK for some reason.
It's great for when you get mobbed by enemies at close range, while you try and escape. It's also a situational sniper rifle, with that scope. Pair it with a heavy weapon for large groups and you have a good all-rounder set until you run into a Deus Ex or Jian Master

Aye

Why anons can't just mod E.Y.E. to make it an even better game?
Modding a source game isn't one of the hardest things to do.
I wish i could do it myself, even partially

Pic related

I've always wondered why there are so few mods.

What is up with the hitboxes is this game? It's like you can't hit anything when it's moving.

Only mods I've seen are the fisheye lens remover and that shitty translation fix that gets rid of "You gain brouzouf".
If I knew where to start I'd love to make mods for it, but I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of the source engine. Only SE thing I've made was a control scheme thing that made TF2 easier to play, and that doesn't involve the SDK.

I think that's just the Source engine. Shooting always felt different compared to other engines. You have to shoot where the enemy will be in a few frames, not where they are as you click.

Just lead your shots or use psy powers.

(checked)
Does anyone have the file?

I just want them to remove all the RPG elements, because quite frankly they were broken and made the game unnecessarily grindy. Most of the stats barely did anything, and exploits for them were everywhere. I'm all for gaining brozouf, but it should have just been used for buying new augs, psi powers, and weapons. Maybe also upgrading your movement?

Oh, and also fix the fucking hub world. Its full of long, long, LONG empty stretches. It should not take two full minutes to navigate from one shop to another.

spoilers for the entire game ahead
>get to cc_end
I am Rimanah? I ended the cycle by having a cycle that never changes

>am I rimanah?
no

I remember getting this game, didn't give a shit about the story but the gunplay was so satisfying that I completed it. :( soz autists

Yes
Hypnotic Gate is one hell of a drug

Also
If you read through the description for Hypnotic Gate, you will see that the answer was in front of you the whole time. In fact both the library and the synicles put shit pretty damn bluntly
You killed your waifu and it ruined your laifu

>You killed your waifu and it ruined your laifu
Best description of E.Y.E. I've seen in a long time.

I still don't know what the artifact is. Or if it exists. I think I know what the Gates are though.
That's Rimanah trying to subvert the Secreta.
That's your Mentor trying to fix his mistake
That's you, trying to forget what you did.

Goddamnit, I meant Rimanah is the Triangular one.
Triangular one seems to be raw Power, and he fits that.
I still don't know what's the chronological order of events in this game.

His mistake was trusting the Jian to begin with.

What if the Jian Told him "don't do it bro" and he still sent his wife down there?
Would explain why Rimanah hates Jians.

Or maybe he just hates Jians because they're are just fucking gay

But Jians are Friends.
They invite you to Ultra Violent Parties

You mean Ultra Violent gay parties.

Except that you get the Substitution Gate for being a traitor, you get the Triangulation Gate for seeking the truth with Mentor and you get Hypnotic Gate by visiting your local Jian temple. None of these match the descriptions you have attributed, in fact there is plenty to suggest that all of these are also false recollections. The looter that gives you Substitution Gate somehow managed to not get crushed to pulp and was possessed, the werewolf was obviously a hallucination and you supposedly learnt Triangulation Gate from Mentor but it seems more likely you learnt it from Akmal, who is the only NPC that is treated as a sort of god-like figure.

Jian master race

You are given the Hypnotic gate by a werewolf, not a the Jian whore house.

Wear your face like a party mask.

Also it is more likely that all three gates do in fact exist based on the fact that even though you get them through supernatural means, in the story they are techniques used by other people despite never seeing it used by anyone other than yourself. If you want to go on about symbolism and shit then you should note the fact that your dream always has you go through a substitution gate and the triangulation gate is the sign used by the Secreta. In the world outside the dream you can find the substitution gate on Mars but the hypnotic gate is nowhere to be found, leading you to conclude that it is the artifact you are looking for.

So Rimanah gets the Substitution gate because he tricked some poor sap into murdering the Jian Masters.
And the Mentor gets the Triangular gate when he found out the truth about the artifact with Akhmal.
In the meantime some third un mentioned character (most likely the character you play) betrayed the Secreta and discovered a gate that lets him hurt others throught his own mistakes. Or grow stronger from other people's mistakes.

Isn't the symbol of that gate a sort of Japonese arch? Like the one's you see on Temples?
Like the one you see on the Jian Temple?

Wait, I meant Rimanaha got Hypno gate from sending some poor sap into their Temple.

I'm assuming that all those 3 things happened at the same time and then got meta-streumonic-smushed into a single time-line where everything happens at the same time, but only one at a time. Because muh cycles.

Life is agony.
I'll get more steam shekels tomorrow.
What are some basic noob traps to avoid or bug fixes to download?
I like to play games as blindly as possible on my first playthrough.

All weapons are trash except the Bosco and the bearkiller444.

Mentor didn't find shit, it is the whole reason you visit Akmal
What you just described is the substitution gate and not the hypnotic gate. Even if you simply accidentally mixed up substitution with hypnotic in your post, this part is still blatantly wrong.
>Like the one you see on the Jian Temple?
Probably, never really noticed it since I was too busy with the Jians
I am starting to think you haven't gotten to the true ending yet

That's 3-4 cards you gotta put on the market.
It usually takes me what, 5 minutes to sell cards?
For some reason folks buy them rather quickly.
I tried buying some and finishing a badge for Terraria. I'm not sure what's the point. I see that background maybe 4 seconds everyday.

Go Ghost difficulty with Invasion respawn rate and do not go for heavy armor+Sulfatum. As fun as the minigun may be, it is a crutch for players that can't git gud, as is heavy armor. Also ignore

I did. I just had a doubt on wether or not Rimanah, Mentor and You existed as separate entities at some point in time, or if they're all the same.
There's two possibilities I've been thinking:
a)There existed only one guy. An extremely strong Psyker that went throught traumatic events because of the artifact and then got split into 3 diferent fellas.
b)There were 3 diferent fellas, you and two other people you trusted. They both died/got destroyed and the memories you had of them "fused" or became reality to you in the cycles.

Even after the true ending, I'm not sure what existed and when. And when (or where) did it stop existing and became what it is now. And if the 3 current routes are real or not.
I guess I finished it too long ago. Time to replay it I guess.
I still need to find 2 more research items anyway.

Mentor is definitely real (although possibly dead), otherwise you have to start doubting Dutch's existance as well. Remember that on the mission where you have to defend Dutch you get told that one of the Culters thought Mentor was dead and another tells you that they hear you speak to yourself in your dreams. The fact that you are provided proof of your insanity without any twisting of facts leads me to believe that their statements are true. It would also explain how you can read in the library about having killed Mentor just after the first mission, the text may be an illusion but the idea most likely isn't. Every time you go on a mission with Mentor, he is never seen interacting with other agents except when he tells you the artifact doesn't exist but if we assert that he is a hallucination then it is possible that you simply shot the place up in anger upon hearing that there is none, thinking that they wish to hide it from you. It may sound silly but the fact that he simply cloaks after talking to you when visiting Akmal and states that Akmal wouldn't want to see him seems a bit too convenient of an excuse.

why did dutch changed armor?

He changed into heavy armor at Vindico because he wanted to fucking die.

also i can kill dutch and as soon i'm on mars hes fucking alive

For the same reason you should too when you get to that mission, you are going to be fighting hordes so it makes no sense to try to sacrifice protection for speed when you're going to be standing in the same spot for quite a while.

Well you can also kill Mentos in New Eden and he shows up alive afterwards

Yeah what the fug was that?

Everything from the armoury is free, and you have nearly everything unlocked by default. Fuck around with the sets to see what you like.
For starters stick with medium armour. Light will get you killed faster. A quick and easy loadout is the Depezador(shotgun) and HS010(SMG). Replace the Depezador with the BOSCO(Sniper) if you want, both are good. Only objectively bad weapon is the Betty Boom.
Alchemy is the best earlygame PSI power. Bind it to a key, you'll be using it often. It turns enemy ammo and weapon drops into health.
Cloak is the best earlygame cybertech, because it makes enemies stop targeting you. Don't use it as a crutch though, or you'll depend on it. It's great for peeking around and looking for enemies.
Research the medkit at the start. It's slow, but can heal you in a pinch. Like the cloak, try not to depend on it.

You shoulda mentioned that he needs to get the medical syringe as soon as possible.

Don't forget that you also want to research the power converter ASAP because in EYE, maps are REALLY big and REALLY empty, and your sprint is REALLY limited. But if you have a power converter you can spam that and your medkit and sprint indefinitely.

It was pretty fun, fuck Mars.

All the Cycles? All the Researches?

You fool

you still have much to learn

No fuck you leather-face.

You do realise you only got like 1/4th through the game?
You have to get all three Gates to actually beat the game.

If you really finished it, answer this:
Who are you?
That's what I thought, now go back in and finish it.

I finally understand

Jians understand.
Culters just execute orders.

How lucky am I?
My first character has 120+ hours and I didn't even find this many on him.

I played through the whole game using the motra once because I wanted to be major kusanagi as a space marine. It's there because someone might want to use it.

Yes, it's called a torii. It's a shinto shrine gate to represent the boundary between human and spirit worlds.

That eye thing is the only truly rare research itme that is actually vital.
Zhar's eye is vital for a branch of research and without it, you can't get the last "+3 all stats" research.
The items to the left and right of it aren't that important. Also, you didn't get the one to the right of the Ayy, and I have no idea what that is.
I'm playing Sermons and after some 500 research crates I only got the eye.

Ancient Weapon Plans, I think. I got them on my other character.

you need the eye for fucking necrocybermancy which gives you lvl 10 LEGS

WWWWWWWWWWWHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT

Welp you just sold me on getting this game

There's also a level called Electric Sheep that shares the BR aesthetic closely. It's actually one of my favorites except the huge underground area is mediocre, why couldn't we just get multiple apartments instead?

You'll also find references to Akira, GitS, and others.

The werewolf that gives you the Gate is not necessarily a hallucination. Rimanah is possessed by the spirit of the metastreumonic originator, the wolf is a representative of the force

Newfag here, only started playing EYE today. What's a recommended loadout for an aggressive player?

Also requesting for the beginner's guide to EYE infograph that I saw a long time ago but didn't bother downloading it.

HS 010
now shoot it
then change the fire mode

HS 010 + TRK AD

From BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT to SCREEEE

I always thought that it sounded like a robot thrusting intensely if you fired it in short bursts.

BK12 + Damocles + Motra/222 is great. When you wield the red pistols with an alternate sword you can have both out at the same time, so you can gunblade your way through enemies. The Motra/222 is for range or emergencies.
You can upgrade the BK12 to the Bear Killer later, but the BK only holds 4 shots and you have to aim it.

This is honestly the sort of game that should have had lot's of close quarters apartment fighting. Someone should tell Streum On to put more of it in the sequel they're planning to do at some point.
Like that spider tank in the cathedral. That was a nice little touch.

That kind of fighting has more limitations, particularly for a high mobility game. It will work much better for the swat styled Fed scum game they are talking about, especially if you can break through walls.

Its 3 bucks on steam. I feel like I should give this a try.

The problem comes in when the game is so damn fragile and trying to change anything breaks it.

Fuck it, I did it. Last game I got because you fags loved it was Stalker, and it was great. I'll let you know what I think.

Before you finish a character you should ask here for help on how to build a good one.

How do I build a character user?

JOIN THE SERVER YOU JIANS

Full Metastreum, roll until you get good stats.

what the fuck did I just get myself into?

Wow, start gaining brouzouf anytime

Go with all three Metastreum genes, keep hitting "fusion" until your stats are all 35-40, if mental balance is low still go with it because that is the least useful skill in the game.

It's okay, you'll get use to it as time goes on.
For beginning weapons you'll probably wanna go with the K.A. 93 or the BOSCO.
Use heavy armor constantly (until you can take a beating)
Research Medkits as fast as you can, if you don't have a medkit the only way you can heal is by turning ammo and guns into health.

Dude don't post that autismfest, it makes the game look way more complex than it actually is.

there were some gud guides in the last thread

Where the fuck is Sermons? I start from scratch because I nuked my character again, and cm_farm is bullshit. People keep talking about it, but all of my searching gets me nowhere.

THE DOOR IS HACKING MEEEE

I bet your legs are broken too.

Welcome to the Internet of Things, user. Isn't it convenient?

You're gonna have fun with the air grate on mars.

And the satcom on mars.

Don't try to hack too early, try to get your hacking skill and implants leveled up and it'll become easier

Might as well elaborate on the weapons guide:
Has a rapid fire mode. You fire two bullets at a time when you rapid fire it. Surprising kill power but long reload time
Baby Bear Killer. It's smaller, holds more shots and has a scope. If you can reliably headshot it's a decent sidegrade.
Two settings: Fast and way too fast. You can fire 50 bullets a second with it. Pair it with the accuracy cyberthing to make all your bullets fly straight
SMG that thinks it's a sniper rifle. It's the GCT222 as a SMG
Acts more like a real shotgun. 32 shots per mag. Great emergency weapon in a melee build, because you can quickly pop it out and oneshot enemies too far to reach
LMG that thinks it's a sniper rifle. Snipe heads for days without reloading.
Fallout's Fat Man but with no arc and 5 shots per mag. Reduces squads to nothing and can take down armoured enemies easily. Great for Jian Masters because it takes out all their clones while piercing their armour.
See Serious Sam. Has a scope for some reason.
Take all the destructive capabilities of TF2 Demoman and the range of TF2 sniper, with autodetonating shots and a massive disregard for safety. Has perfect aim even when moving, but you need to account for the arc. Best sniper rifle in the game.

Also EYE takes tactical reloads seriously, you dump all remaining ammo when you reload. And don't kill the little turtle guys.

You don't actually have to hack that

BULLSHIT

Just do the other objectives

Dude, just like, open the door
This is the equivalent of a ton of body builders making fun of a child for not being able to lift the five pounder

Man, wouldn't that be great? If you could just interact with the door and it opened without hacking.
Then the guy on the other side goes "Uh, I guess it was unlocked?"

OSOITOSOTOI

ASENAAAAAY

UOOOOOOOOOOORGH

OY JANAY JANAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THERES ALL THESE MEN AROUND
IM BEING BULLIED
I HAVE NO AMMO
MY LEGS ARENT OK
this game is alright

fck yo

first person shitter

This is a bit of a tangent, but how's Streum-On doing after Deathwing turned out to be a gaffe? Have they let on as to whether they're doing all right or not financially speaking? Their office is in the middle of nowhere in the French countryside supposedly, so I doubt they have high maintenance costs like big city shitter Western devs, but I'm worried as to whether Focus Home won't be peeved & disinclined to act as their publisher again and whether Streum will make their money back with this lackluster launch. Hoping that E.Y.E 2 is already underway, in any case.

I wouldn't exactly call it that. It's got shit ton of bugs, but it's supringly enjoyed as long as you really like horde shooters.
I enjoy all the guns I tried so far, and the guns are half the game.
I think the game has a lot of atention to little details (like equipment constantly malfunctioning) but consider this: a good but flawed game can eventually become better.
Games that are shit from the get-go will never be better, even with mods or patches.

If I had to take a guess:

They're pretty okay, I guess. One thing you can't say about their games is that they're not fun. That alone will keep them afloat more than anything else.

why does my quick select wheel keep clearing?

Because E.Y.E. is poorly coded

I'm not saying it's meritless, by all means, but Deathwing was really hyped, then people got either cautious or even more hyped after Streum kept a lid on things for so long, then what they did show ended up looking fantastic, and then it releases after in hindsight a rushed dev cycle and maybe a too early reveal. Gaffe is the best term I can think of for the launch.

This is probably key once they fix the optimization & bugs. It is as close to a 1:1 translation of the tabletop in FPS form as possible. That means slow, methodical corridor shooting, line of sight control and the occasional Rat Ogre exportation not-quite-Patriarch big genestealer. Ultimately, I'm not sure this sounds particularly exciting, although I haven't tried it myself. I like Vermintide, so it's not like I'd hate the formula even if I didn't love it.

Most likely result. They won't cut and run, but I don't imagine they'll try to keep Deathwing alive for longer than it takes to get it running right, lean out the gameplay out from fan feedback and dump a probably-Chaos-centric expansion on it before moving on. I'm just hoping this doesn't sour Streum in the eyes of GW as a 40k licensee, because I want to see what Streum can do under less restrictive confines with the universe. Partner them up with Fantasy Flight Games and see where the FPSRPG murdergrinding heretic purging wind takes them, that's what I'm hoping for.

You can pick ammo off the ground from fallen enemies, they drop all sorts but they have a tendency to drop ammo for weapons you're holding.

neat.

Last time i checked, enemies drop ammo based on the following criteria
Drop rates also tie into this, so if you shoot a cawhammer bandit with a bear killer and haven't unlocked the caw hammer yet, he's most likely to drop rotten mound, hs10 or bk13 ammo, with a solid chance at bear killer but never caw hammer.

Is ghost diffuculty just a meme or is this the way it's meant to be played?

If you can't handle it, just change the AI aiming to be not as good.

You can convince Toby (the bandit guarding it) to gave the passcode to it, but you have to choose the specific dialouge or else he'll spazz out like a druggie he is and try to murder you. I got passed it by chance actually because fuck having 40+ Hacking skill

Best way and the most radical way to kill a Deus Ex too

There's always Master difficulty user

Git gud

GOOD FUCKING LUCK NIGGER
You'll need at least 30 hacking to get past the first firewall, let alone the encryption keys to each of their network links which randomly auto scrambles at intervals not to exceed ten picoseconds

Your legs will never be okay

Unless you listen to otherkin retards the correct answer is Homo sapien.

This I gave up after like 20 attempts and 4 deaths one of which involved the satcom launching me halfway across the map

I loved fighting Meta Streaum while visually hallucinating

Homo sapiens

ha! checkmate normalfags
faggots - 1
normalfags - 0

Anyone has the webm of a guy backstabbing a helicopter with the Arrancadora?

bump

Merry /cyg/mas!

It's been a while since I've played, how do you do that without taking fall damage?

Light armor and LEGS

What the fucking fuck! Why are there so many spawning? I have literally one murder for ever step I've taken on this map. It completely dilutes the experience. Maintenance doesn't heal me, for some reason. My only way to restore health is to lvl up.
Eventually I swam in my river of blood over to the squad guy I had so save, and accidentally friendly fire murdered him too, then got kicked off the map for mission failed.

You can turn spawns down in the settings.

Unlock the health syringe research thing. Maintenance is to turn your legs from broken to ok.

only heals you if you have very low hp also fixes your legs
lmao research medkitm which heals you and gives you medkit

Maintenance only heals you at very low health. It's to stop bleeding, hallucinations and broken legs.
EYE's respawn system is made in a way that the more you kill in an area the less will appear. Go Serious Sam for a bit and they're respawn less and less, giving you time to do whatever.
Medkit is useful, but since you're fighting so many human enemies so is Alchemy. It's a psi power you get at the start, and it turns enemy ammo drops and weapons into health. Bind it to a key, it's incredibly useful.

Your legs are broken.

I researched medkit. Do I pick them up at the armory? My legs were always ok.

I used alchemy on the loot, but all it does it make a transmutation circle on the ground that doesn't do anything. I'm only losing energy using it.

The transmutation circle gives you health.

Now if you excuse me, it's time for me to escape my cycles of guilt.

Medkits are the syringe things in the armoury, next to the grenades and drones. They recharge when held out. You're best off using them at full charge. Don't use them below 20.
You're using Alchemy correctly. The health gain is small, but still an important option if your medkit isn't charged. Crouch to regain energy faster.

Speaking of, any of you guys stuck being the ultra-hecker?

I'm literally hecking everything, even my friends when we play. I hope my level 50 heck and bad attitude doesn't ruin anything. Other than that, I play the big guy, for you.

Is this what happens? You get to an obstacle you can't hack yourself through, then get out gunned?

Failing a mission doesn't cause you to stop. You can kill every single NPC in the game and it will still let you continue. Not sure what effect it has in New Eden considering the fact that you need to speak to Mentor multiple times but the game doesn't restart the level if you fail, it even gives you alternative objectives.

I really wish Maintenance had an upgraded version that deployed a metal-mesh cocoon and/or had a longer down time (with triple damage taken or some other "do I dare press that button" sort of penalty) for more thorough repairs.

Well it used to heal at any amount of health so the way it is now is fine, which is that you can't fight while it is active