Do you think posting on chans has ruined your enjoyment of video games at least a little bit?

Do you think posting on chans has ruined your enjoyment of video games at least a little bit?

No, it's introduced me to many great games I would have never played otherwise.

Video games ruined themselves.

This.

I want to shave and play video games, instead i am shitposting here.

Of course it ruined it. But at least i don't play shit games.
I don't even play ANYTHING.

you were always fucking retarded

Pretty much this. I've Found some pretty good games through IMAGEBOARDS, and I started feeling disenchanted with the modern gaming industry long before I ever visited Holla Forums.

I probably would have just taken a look at what has been coming out in recent years and totally abandoned games. At least now I have memes to feed on

No, I actually enjoy games. If I was the kind of terminally jaded faggot that had to be sure everyone else was as miserable as I was, I would probably find a better hobby.

jokes on you I already have

I think so, but only because through chans I've been thinking about actual good game design and not just superficial stuff or what sounds more fun on paper and yet I stop playing after a week and I can't figure out why.

However I noticed my sentence structure getting worse

Nah, I was always like this. I just found a place fitting to me

I had tastes before and after imageboards. Games were ruined for me long ago.

It did at first, then I realized everyone here is a retarded underage faggot, and now I'm enjoying video games more than ever.

more like ruined my life

No, it taught me…

Uh.

WHAT I LEARNED IN IMAGEBOARD SCHOOL IS…

this tbh

Why would it have? I form my own opinions about video games rather than parrot the ones people spout on the internet.

Going to have to go with this myself. If anything, anons have helped to introduce me to a lot of games I wouldn't have considered left to my own devices, as well as become a more discerning customer (for games I actually buy, anyhow).

You should probably put browsing and posting on imageboards behind you too.

I now know my peers

fuck multiplayer

no

fucking scum

Lurk more

If anything I can enjoy games a bit more. I would've never gotten into shit like Dorf Fort, Mount&Blade, SS13, Hotline Miami, and the DMC games without imageboards. Take the opinions of others into consideration, but thinking for yourself and forming your own opinions will be better for you in the long run.

These, the thing Holla Forums did for me was actualize myself even further and teach me universal concepts of what's right & wrong. I also became better person overall because of the unapologetic and hard-hitting conversations and argument styles I've learned from imageboards, especially from Holla Forums and Holla Forums, I started thinking with cold facts than (((Critical Theory))), I stopped watching gaming channels, I stopped going on gaming websites, I stopped believing everything that was told to me. Lastly I've had some good times on imageboards and laughed with like-minded people, imageboards changed my life for the better.

Name an imageboard that doesn't feature the term "chan" in its name

/thread

Not sure if you're being sarcastic

ayy, /thread in first post

This is Ayayo-chan

Learning why things are bad is important. Watching people talk through the specific and hilarious issues with star wars episode 1 and the nolan batman movies really opened my eyes. The people making these things probably know better as well but they knew they would get away with it. It's important to have standards and expect better.

And this is Asuka-chan.

"chan" part means "channel". Only russian cancer uses "chan" as a word to describe imageboards.

I'm italian and we use that too.
Don't be retarded

The main attraction of Holla Forums for me has always been the technical discussions.

Sure there are a ton of shitty threads, but the technical discussion is always great because anons know their shit.

That's nice, but name an imageboard that doesn't have "chan" anywhere in its name

You'd like /tg/.

Okay.

ylilauta.org
bunbunmaru.com
britfa.gs
intern3ts.com

It has only reaffirmed the depressive state of gaming today, but at the same time made me appreciate the very few games that were gems even more.

Seriously faggot lurk more.

I've only heard of intern3ts in that list but that anybody produced an answer at all's pleasantly surprising. Gold star.

You don't get any brownie points for saging like it's a downvote and refusing to answer the question though. Apply yourself.

You really have to be a newfag to never hear of ylilauta though

I'm saging because it's offtopic newfag. And the question is obvious to people who aren't new. Seriously you're new and your a faggot.

babies do enjoy being spoonfed, yes.

It's not like this information couldn't be found on a search engine, or by simply lurking more.

I'm assuming you at least know some boorus if you somehow made it to our secret hacker clubhouse.

I hadn't heard of any of them and I've lurking since [not current year]. anonib came to mind.

Nope.

Why is this thread on the front fucking page? Fuck off back to Holla Forums or reddit or facepunch or whatever shithole spawned you.

I don't really keep track of places that don't speak English since I only know the one language. Never seen it come up before today.

That's nice.

I was mostly asking to goad the conversation along to why it's obvious "chan" picked up as a shorthand for an imageboard in some places, considering the prominence of sites with that naming convention on the internet. Though it's not like it's hard to find 8ch specifically, now that you bring that up; you can search "8ch" or "Holla Forums" even on blacklisted-Google and you'll get its Wikipedia page with a direct link to the site.

You know, you are the reason why outside boards, that aren't cuckchan, think that Holla Forums is a den of newfags and second to cuckchan in newfaggotry.

Keep posting. It's rare I find such a genuine retard.

This entire website became a hive of new people accusing other new people of being new a pretty fair time ago, just like 4chan before it. You're preaching to the choir.

Whoa.

I'm going to keep trying to be helpful.
Imagine I've been on the Internet awhile and have a sense of humor. Do you think I might have been sarcastic with that comment? Or that it might even be a meme even newfags should already have gotten from ED or KYM? I know you kids love memes.

are you a channer, my friend, or are you going to be an user? There are models for behavior for the latter, and nothing but scorn and derision for the former. There are extremely important histories and philosophies involved in keeping places like this sacred and free of Web 2.0 cancer, even if we entered the scene in the Eternal September's shadow.

You really need to lurk more and post less until you get it.

No, I haven't really enjoyed games for a long time now. Possibly that's why I'm even here.

Sums it up more or less. Before you start arguing semantics, learn the fucking terms and what they mean here.

meant for

"Chan" is what's used to weed out the normalfags and tryhards who heard about 4chan blowing up vans and wanted to be with the cool kids. Lurk more till you're neither of those things.

None of you will admit you don't actually play games that often.
None of you will admit that over the years you slowly started enjoying watching other people play on youtube more than playing yourself.
None of you will admit you just lurked Holla Forums for a week without even starting game.exe once, but wait you did get into a heated debate in the CRT thread because of a materialistic packratting obsession of obsolete technology to get the perfect experience (which you will never get around to experiencing) of blasting your eyeballs with radiation to please your autism/OCD in something irrelevant to fun.
None of you will admit you just bought a $150 "gaming keyboard/mouse" last year that you've only use for your web browser.
None of you will admit that the PEE SEA MUSTARDRACE can't turn on a computer without getting distracted preventing any games from ever being played.
None of you will admit you just sperged out at someone talking about buying a game and demanded he pirate it instead when you did neither but somehow knew the game was shit anyways.
None of you will admit to being born after 1999 but never failing to show up in threads about old games to talk out of your ass.

Do you think playing video games has ruined your enjoyment of circle jerking on chans at least a little bit?

this. Although If I had to name a point where vidya stopped being fun for me, it was Skyrim. It was a christmas gift, no bully.

It's ruined my enjoyment in everything.