Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

Maybe We'll Actually Hit Autosage This Time Edition

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2jF0jXukk
youtube.com/watch?v=nPdq7Phjstc
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74748468)
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-data-manager.434848/
gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71733152
kiranico.com/en/mh4u
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/head/zamtrios-helm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So three months until XX, anyone else need to get stuff done to get ready? Due to how the game saves data, I kind of need to start again from scratch on X, so I might start putting up rooms in the near future.

How is this gonna work if I have a digital version of X anyway? because I'll probably get a digital release of XX if it isn't even more shit too

Also daily reminder that french a shit

Basically, no matter which version of the game you got, physical or digital, it saves your progress to the SD card, so transferring to XX won't require the sort of cartridge gymnastics that other titles in the franchise have required. Unfortunately for me, that also means I need to start over from scratch, but then that also gives a good excuse to start up some multiplayer rooms and maybe breathe some life into this thread again.

I really don't get the appeal of Monster Hunter. Seriously, I really don't and I always wonder why Holla Forums has a massive hard-on for this terrible game.

As a veteran of the Souls series starting with Demon's Souls and beaten Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 along with Bloodborne beating the DLC and NG+, (with Dark Souls widely known as the most difficult video game series), I consider myself an excellent gamer who can meet challenges head on and triumph over them

HOWEVER

Monster Hunter is terribly designed and over half of my deaths are from unavoidable bullshit from:

- flexing after healing (who's the fucking retard that made this)
- monsters stun you for 5 seconds after getting hit twice (absolute artificial difficulty don't deny it)
- Super slow weapons? (what the flying fuck?)

Seriously, how can anyone enjoy this clunky garbage?

I really like MH but i dont wanna buy a new 3ds just to play it, and every real MH fan knows that extra analog stick is a MUST..

pick one

Uhmm, no? Every real mh fan mastered the clawing and even though it's impossible now and there is still no real right analog it actually became easier with the touch screen pad.

I kinda prefer the general being dead compared to this silly shitshow.

What a fucking gaylord you are. Maybe you should git dead.

Pretty much.

So, wait is the transfer from X to XX actually gonna be seamless, or is it just transferring materials like other games?

Either way, I haven't really touched X in months. If anyone wants to start playing again I can pick up my old save.

I was skeptic about it too, until some user posted the condensed translated information about it. Basically everything that matters will be transferred and you'll get your usual ability to change name and sex. However they are doing some rebalances with the skills on armors and something else.

I made two long posts a couple of generals ago detailing how i'll work.
I'm too lazy to write it down again.

The main important thing to know is that if your HR is unlocked, it'll become locked again.
At HR8 PLUS A FIXED AMOUNT DECIDED BY CAPCOM.
This is to prevent people from unlocking and instantly getting projected to HR999 with full access to everything during the first week.

Wasn't the transfer from 4 to 4G basically seamless? I started with 4G so I didn't try it myself though.

Definitely. I'm just about done with the new Kamen Rider game so I'll be starting up X again soon.

I got to G-rank just fine playing on a 2DS with MH4U, suck it up.

I just got this MHX/Generations, I played Mh3, and FU before, I skipped 4U, anyone down to play some online? I run Hammer/Sword and Board

On X or Generations? They're region-locked, so the foreign version can't play.

I'm real sorry my dud

If you think about it though, that might work out, since then he might enjoy X more than he would otherwise, and can then go back and enjoy 4 as well.

generations, or whatever the U.S version is, no idea why they fucked with the names

I'm getting my sister 4U for Christmas. Am I doing the right thing?

monster hunter will always be a good choice, make sure you get a copy too, so you can play it with her

4U is worse than 3U

I don't need to get a copy to play it, but alright.

I kinda liked the underwater combat

new to monster hunter and 3ds, 4U or Generations, Holla Forums?

get both

delet this

Damn, sorry, can't help then. Good luck.

3U's fighting on ground is the best in the series.
4U takes the verticality too far in most zones, which is why the old gen maps are the most fun in Generations.
Gen is still worse than 3U because it's really easy though.

I thought the verticality was one of the better features. Made the landscape feel more natural and I felt more adaptable. I consider the old gen maps in X to be quite boring in comparison in fact.

problem is that a lot of zones in 4U maps had shit bordering on 45 degree slopes and those were never fun

Turning screens is a shit, i also dislike the auto aim lock on bullshit the normzl 3ds brought…. fuck i have my normal 3ds but i think a maid whom used to work for me stole it

Just some of the problems I found that all players have to take into consideration whilst playing.
I fucking hate getting hit due to dropped frames In attack animations

I like all three.
I'm glad they're not just copy paste but each title brings it's own thing.
It's fun when you have more than 800 hours on each of them to swap them up if you want to try a specific aspect, all on the same hardware.

Back in the PSP era people would come back to MHFU, yes, but for example there wouldn't be enough of a difference in terms of core gameplay from FU to, let's say, P3, make it a radically different experience.
They weren't as far apart as 3U is to 4U and 4U to Gen.
It's good to have variation in your library, and convenient.

They weren't as far apart? I think FU->P3 is probably one of the single biggest leaps in the entire franchise.

They're very different in many aspects, but not in core gameplay.
Think about it, FU to 3U -> from no water combat, to water combat
3U -> 4U water combat is gone, verticality and mounting are introduced
4U -> Gen styles, hunter arts, prowler mode etc

That's what i meant, they add fundamentally new features, new ways to play the game, it makes them more distinct from one another.

Generations is hot garbage, avoid it at all costs.

what makes it shit, user?

Super casual
>Tickets for days. A whole inventory page dedicated to tickets. Here have some moar tickets huntah
Its average m8, gud for unwinding from the brutally fun 140GQ endgame of 4U.

While I agree with this for some weapons Adept Dual Blades doesn't really seem to care about positioning when you're in Archdemon mode, positioning is still somewhat important even for a Bushido/Adept hunter.
For example, if you want to level up your spirit gauge up with a Longsword you need to be positioned properly to perform a vertical roundslash that connects after your perfect evade. Otherwise your whiff will leave you vulnerable and your spirit gauge unleveled.
I've carted multiple times to deviant monsters due to bad positioning.

Is it Hayabusa Feather with Silver Sol?

But is it just a shit MH game or a shit game in general?

It's a flawed MH game, but competently made.
Counter to that was MHFU, a great MH game with a host of technical flaws, shitboxes in particular.

What about SnS oils? I feel like they are fairly powerful, giving destroyer, minds eye, crit +30 or stam drain & stun for the duration of the hunt just for one inventory space.

I like it, it doesn't feel broken like SA with its infinite sword gauge, but I don't feel like I can accurately judge if the power of the oils add too much to SnS seeing as my first MH was UUUU, I suppose it helps that the SnS arts don't appear to be all that powerful in comparison to others.

I prefer LBG to HBG.

Can the aerial style at least be kept and polished for future installments?

I really want the exciting feeling of leaping around far and high just like the monster I'm fighting.

Anyone needs their hellblade leveled? Gonna help anyone, since going for every non retarded HB lvl 10 weapon until XX comes out.

Playing MHFU. What are the best HBGs on High Rank? Got tired to hunt certain monsters as Blademaster since there isn't a worthy armor with Soundproof and some swords are late-HR, looking for one which doesn't need too much autistic grinding.

Nice trips. But it wasn't supposed HBG is better for singleplayer and LBG for multi? I like the LBG too

What's the best one to get right now? Thinking of getting a 3DS.

How are people this fucking bad at the game?

If you do make sure you're on a lower firmware than 11 so you can CFW it. If you want the biggest player population, grab the Japanese version of MHX (the first QR code in the OP) since that will carry over to the new game, XX, coming out in March. 4G is generally regarded as the better example of the series, since as a side game by a different dev team X does some very controversial things that might not carry over into 5 though, so keep that in mind. 3G is a great game too, but the 3DS version is local Wi-Fi only unless you have a Wii U to hook it through. Either way make sure you only get Japanese versions for that one especially, since it got the worst bungling in the West the franchise has seen to my knowledge.

I thought it was the other way around?

Light being best for solo because you need to be able to move quickly and easily while you're free to go nuts with Heavy online because every other player will have it distracted while you blast away from a safe distance, like say cheaply up on a cliff while the other hunters actually have to get close.

Also, flexing taking so long is my only complaint overall with the series as much as it takes the piss out because it leaves too much of an opening. That and not being able to trade in enough lower materials for a handful of higher one. Like trading in a bunch of Jaggi pelts for a single G.Jaggi pelt once the monster has been sucessfully first hunted. That makes it much less of a hassle having to go back and repetitively hunt a weakling over and over again just to upgrade a weaker weapon to one you can use in High Rank.

Goddamn, why is Shigeru Miyamoto's theme so good?

Literal god tier music, I know.

I'm impressed a series like Monster Hunter was able to create an actual climactic final boss theme when it doesn't have to care about story.

Does X/G have something as good?

Wouldn't know. I thought about getting the game just for all the old and new monsters it had until I heard there was no G Rank, SA got Axe Mode fucked over among other things, the translation is by faggots that get asshurt about being told to git gud, Aerial Style isn't as fun as I thought it would be and that the villages are boring as shit along with tons of shitty quests to top it off.

The Shagaru Magala equivalent in terms of finishing the village quest line would probably be the Dinovalde fight, and his theme is one of my favorites in the franchise as a whole. The big new Ancient Dragon on the other hand would be Ostgaloa. Spoilers: It's a two part battle, and the first time you hunt it when going from the lower grades to the higher grades is only the first phase of the battle, which uses only this theme: youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2jF0jXukk . When you fight it in the "real" fight it will switch to phase 2 of the fight and youtube.com/watch?v=nPdq7Phjstc starts. Personally I like the music but the fight itself is pretty subpar

First versions of Monster Hunter games never have G Rank, that's always included in the G versions of the games. Granted, Capcom claimed they weren't doing those anymore, but they also claimed in the same breath they weren't going to do Super Hyper Turbo editions of Street Fighter anymore, so I'm not sure what to tell you if you believed that. As for translations, you really shouldn't be playing those in the first place. Your actual gameplay complaints are 100% on the money as far as I'm concerned though, which is all that really matters in the end.

That dissapointment of a Elder dragon?
Fuck off.
Reddit faggots keep praising it but i was disappointed in the first fight and downright despised its Surfing around while trying to look like it's doing something.
Absolutely shit tier fight that's even less engaging than Dah'ren Mohran.
And it has super shit hitzones except for that 70 dam weakpoint which i just can't shit enough pierce into

Good OST but Dinodildo has shit hitboxes compared to Jho.

Merry fucking christmas.
Go help those christmas noobs after gearing down

No, I agree with you, the fight wasn't fun at all. I just liked the music.

Is that even a thing? I wouldn't think of MonHun as a particularly romantic gift, plus I imagine even if it was they'd be playing with each other more.

Wasnt ripping ya m80 just a disappointing fight in something that could of been much better.
I fucking hate Bonesquids lackluster fight and never hope to see it again in another MH game unless they make it Gog tier with the interactivity.
OST in 2nd phase is gud

There are fresh noobs out there that need to be under your experienced wing otherwise it's going to be a fresh wave of new shitters.
Save as many as you can with advice on full sets, Hitzones, kiranico and pingsDEX.
LET THE JOINPOSTING BEGIN
Urgent plis

I feel like the bigger wave of new players will be when XX comes out in March

Romantic, what?
It's a video game, it gets gifted by parents to children/grown up manchildren on christmas.
That's what the other poster meant, christmas new players that hop online after getting the game gifted to them.
Makes sense, why the hell would a christmas gift have to be "romantic" to qualify?

Because Christmas is generally a lovers' holiday?

No?
What the fuck?
Where do you live where this is the case, that's one of the weirdest things i've ever heard.

Japan. Why, what's it like for foreigners?

It's largely a family holiday. Gathering with parents, uncles, cousins and their rampant offspring for christmas eve around a big feast, going to sleep, letting the little tykes open the presents in the morning, then going for feast round 2 at noon. I'm not going to cry heresy at nipland turning it into a couples affair, but it is a really weird prospect.

Ah, that'd be way too hard to pull off here, people don't have enough space in their homes generally for that shit. Explains a bit I guess though.

I wouldn't say it's generally a romantic holiday, but you've never heard of people turning it into one? I know I've seen red intimates go on sale around this time.

I love Japan seeing Christmas as solely romantic.

Something beautiful.

That's a reasonable enough explanation. But yeah, a christmas present is generally seen as a toy gifted to a child. Presents from adult to adult exist too, but it's more of a side thing.

FU hitboxes aren't even that bad. They may not be intuitive at first but they are consistent. Doesn't take too long to get used to them if you pay attention to what you're doing. After that you don't even care they are the way they are. (yes, this is still a flaw. just saying that they don't make the game unplayable like some people say)

C'mon man.

Why are you posting an unrelated picture?

Yeah I loved Plesi's hipcheck hitting me when I was fifteen feet away on the opposite side of his body.

Better than Plesi's tailspin that hits you despite his tail being 50ft off the ground like everything else on his god damn body. Plesioth was nothing but a giant "fuck you" to blademasters is what it was.

When do us non PC players get April Fools Plesioth?

Wallsliding or Area boundary sliding
140 Teostra was a cunt for that.

get moderately efficient at playing the game

Duuh, the topic is bad hitboxes of FU.

Wallsliding is shit and the pic is a painful reminder

For the people into that shit I guess. Wizard here though, without even a waifu to have a body pillow of.

Fair enough. Either way a moot point for me since the multiplayer is locked off anyhow, so the Christmas newbies and French players are a literally foreign concept.

Just got to Bad Hair Rajang and what the fuck were they even thinking? 800+ defense and still every hit means death or close to it. Someone gave me a 140 dual quest with this fucker and I'm seriously considering deleting it. I'll bang my head against this quest and I know I'll eventually beat it, but damn there wasn't anything quite like this in MH3U. That or I'm not as good as I used to be.

Any tips other than the mandatory "git gud"?

>guy quits don't know if because of me or he is just done for today

>cart(just being lazy, come on man it's just a lagombi) with the host
HE GETS BUTTBLASTED
HH man was a credit to team, too bad that he had to suffer too through this, but host was only doing his own thing and wouldn't bother for anyone else(hh guy wanted to do all of the lagombi quests, while host skipped a few and was generally being a dick).

git gud
or
git a weapon that can utilize smaller openings and is generally less risky such as sns, unsheath gs, hh.

MANDATORY GET GUD.
Have you done G3 Furious Rajang?
That one shots your ass if you fuck up, good luck finding a good team to do it.
4U was my 1st MH and Rajang was a harsh teacher to me, yes i carted hard but i got gud in the end

I have a GS set with Status Atk+2, Quick Sheath, Focus and Negate Paralysis and yes it's Bnahabra X but I'm trying to decide if Grand Shamshir or Ostracon Oblivion would work better. Leaning towards Ostracon because of sleep bomb potential and slightly higher attack with way better sharpness. If this fails I'll attempt to make an ice sns set because this is making me want to get ready for the 140 GQ.

Gitting gud in progress.

Rajang GS
Get the GX hunters armor for the only GS set you'll ever need.

Both GS you mention are average with Statusatk+2, you want something FASTER to apply status like SNS or DB look at Plesioth or Scylla SNS or Scylla IG.

Easy Teo + Kush 140 and werks with Rajang
Make the Nightmare IG with 26 sleep, 2 socket.

Finally beat him a couple hours back after a ton of on and off attempts. I figured out really quick just to abandon after two carts to save on supplies and amazingly on my final try for the day, I killed it with no carts by means of some holiday miracle. Every level 3 charge I got on him instantly sent him into his super saiyan mode even if he had just powered down so I cut that shit out real fast. The amount of clutch dives and roll evades was on what I can only describe to be a legendary level and in a cruel twist of irony I never got to sleep it once despite getting specialist and cramming hits in on a fairly consistent basis.

Well shit, wish I seen your post earlier. I will definitely look into it for the 140 GQ. Thanks for the info.

Why isn't FU at the bottom? It looks like a shitty generalization of the franchise mechanics.

>found some really cool mod that adds MH monsters to Ark survival
well this is least worst i could find
other than the original 3 on this video the modder has added Lagiacrus and Uragaan and is adding Ceadeus and Alatreon right now
i guess you could roleplay as bowgunner in this game

I'll be starting out fresh entirely once XX comes out, I'm glad I waited this long to see how things would pan out for the Cross series. For now Im just grinding out on 4U for fun to keep up to date on my monhunting.
Im getting a Nu3ds soon as a gift so I look forward to playing HBG a bit easier now with the c stick

Feelz good, bruh

Hunting HR brachydios on 4U.
Hall ID:
08-4870-0330-2352

Getting gud is fucking needed but Rajang is a hell of a teacher.

Cool idea. Too bad ark is fucking weird and doesnt' want to fucking work on my rig due to the xmas update.

Leveling my Yian Garuga GQ now(GS/LS bias, currently at level 31)
42-4258-3487-8636

Rajang is basically "GS: The Monster". If you're not using GS you're doing it fucking wrong.

Mobility is almost irrelevant, because avoiding getting hit is only a matter of how proficient you are. What matters most in solo play is pure, raw DPS. Nothing else in the game shits out pure damage like an HBG does, and that makes all the difference in solo play because you don't have anybody else there helping you deal with monster HP bars. Sure you can use an LBG, but those are really preferred for support roles in multiplayer because of their ability to status well and often.

GS is another weapon that's ideal for solo play, because once again it's one of the most no-frills no-fuss pure DPS weapons you're going to find.

I might argue that high commitment weapons are even better in groups as burst dps is actually improved by playing in a group as the monster runs away from you to another player of it's own volition independantly of your proficiency. However, this does not mean that light weapons are more useful for solo play but that constant dps weapons, such as non-charge spam lance, dbs or longsword; which all have a large degree of small movement capability (fade slash, counter, side step, demon dash), but identical large movement capability to a burst weapon(sheathing and running), become more viable.
Light bowgun is really very much a support weapon rather than a constant dps weapon, and with the inclusion of evasive hunter arts and the bushido style not restricting any important movements for the HBG.
I can say from experience that unless you're going for a sub 5-minute quest time (in which current global rankings show GS is not actually the best weapon anyway gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74748468) constant dps always provides better times than burst dps, although maybe this is an issue of the greatsword gaining comparatively few buffs to several other weapons in gen. I would actually argue that burst dps is actually a safe and reliable style for fighting wyverns you don't know well or that engage in constant large motion (See:Rajang), but falls off against fast, small, intricate movement monsters that punish you for leaving openings(see:most of the game)

That and GS' move values are simply not that good, 100/130 mv is a matter of landing 2-4 hits with a medium weapon (LS overhead 25*1.13*1.2(Red max spirit modififers)=33, 1/3 of a charge attack, Lance striker three hit combo 20+20+27=67, (87 with enraged guard boost), more than half a charge or a strong charge, DB aerial attack 66 rising+ 74 descending (and 12 hits for element)). What's important is that with GS you get a full charge in a group or a full charge solo for 100 mv, but with lance in a group you get tripped, one thrust lands, then the monster runs off out of reach and you get a whopping 20 mv.

Just completed the master's test and honestly it wasn't even that bad. The only reason it wasn't a first try for me was because I stupidly went after steve first and had force equipped instead of brace. Also, those deflections are pretty bad if I did anything other than hammer spin or the quick a button attack. I nearly carted quite a few times(and probably would've been if it wasn't for evasion+3) from diablos's counter charges after bouncing. Other than that this quest is not as terrible as people made it out to be and the monster hp pools were really small.

I guess I'll explain my strategy for anyone that cares (nobody)

DIABLOS
Deceivingly easy at first, until he goes apex and turns into "I'm gonna run and dig even more than I already do to time you out faggot!" the monster. As I mentioned, It's best to kill him first so you aren't stuck with him and jho at the same time. My strategy was to stick near the walls to shorten his charges and hammer the sides of his legs to prevent as few bounces as possible. One charge took 40% of my hp with brace, and 60%+ without. Not much else to mention other than I was rolling through his U-turns and pop-outs while mashing evade upon a deflected attack. Personally I would not suggest going against it without a shield of some form of evasion skill, but that's me.

STEVE
A fucking joke but I brought mosswine to be safe. Killing Diablos first most assuredly guarantees you will be fighting Jho 1-on1. If steve isn't dead by the time picklesaurus flex shows up then you need to rethink your setup, practice on other monsters, or just stop playing the game. Note that this is coming from someone who is pretty mediocre and not very confident in his abilities.

CUTIE JHO
I did not want to kill this thing because it was so tiny and adorable, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Doesn't take very long to suppress his frenzy but he doesn't stay unfrenzied for very long which balances it out. This also means that your wystone will always be ready when you need it, which is always good. My general strategy was, can you guess? That's right, hit the fucking legs. The only difference to him is that i saved all my pitfalls(brought combines) for when I knocked him out of apex mode and smashed his face a ton when trapped. Dead in several minutes or less, and I die of it's overwhelming cuteness. Overall not very different than vanilla jho besides him constantly chomping on my ass and me burning through my dung bombs. He also does this hilarious upright dragon breath that hit me the first time because I was laughing too hard. Not too challenging but his size did throw off my depth perception so I ate a few hits that were otherwise avoidable.

Honestly I was dreading this one but after the first go you should understand how it works, and what you need to get it done. I only needed to farcaster three times and the last one was to prep for jho after steve died. They could've done worse for the master's test and is only intimidating on paper, not so much execution.

I remember the first time I did it Steve kept sniping me with his grab attack that pushes you down and lets him start eating you. NEVER happens to me in regular hunts, but for some fucking reason that Steve in that Arena was just nailing me again and again and again, shit was ridiculous.

Yeah for some reason apex monsters are always hungry or something. I understood why jho would be but not so much steve. The only apex monster I hunted before this was the tutorial steve and he wasn't as bad because he was just an introduction to them.

I need a ruby basarios high rank GQ on mh4u, anyone got it?
Whatever bias is fine, but Lance/Gunlance or GS/LS are prefered.

Shit's ridiculous I hope they nerf Hyper HP into the ground in MHXX. This is just stupid. What do they expect us to do in G-Rank, 45 minute hunts for shitmons like Tetsucabra?

Which one is better and why?

I'm not happy about earlymons having more health than Elder Dragons just because Hyper.

I have a confession to make Holla Forums: I have only ever played the Wii version of MH

My brother strongly encouraged me to git gud at GS just because it's the most skill based apparently. I also realized I fucking love how this is all you need if you know how to use it.

It's one hell of a offense and surprisingly good defense you can hold out in front of you to take a hit or a full blown blast.

Just pirated MHGen. Should I go ahead and download every bonus quest and cat, or should I wait until I want to use them?

Ok since I can't get my hands on a NU3ds any time soon I ended up getting Gen for only 20 shekels online through the nintendo shop. Once I get my hunter set up I look forward to maximum clown suiting with you fags like we did in Big guy edition.

Get rid of it and instead pirate MH:4U
Gen is a horrible game, the style system adds nothing aside from broken mechanics, and even then the HP bloat of the monsters is obscene even for a Monster Hunter game.

Why would you wait on downloading the content? Did you play other mh games?
Don't listen to this whiny faggot regardless if you did or not.
If you didn't, go for mhfu or p3rd instead and solo it.

I'm not sure what this is I'm feeling right now, but I don't like it.

Oh but that's just half the fun, once you learn to efficiently avoid those enormous hitboxes, you still have to deal with the absurd amount of damage you take just from touching its feet.
Notice how many potions I go through despite barely getting hit by anything big.

While I agree with you, I just gotta say, what the hell are you doing nigga. You have guard skill active with GS (which you really shouldn't have anyways) and yet still try to evade when shielding would've worked just fine, if you want to go for an evasive play style, use LS or something. If you want a shield+evasion playstyle, which in my opinion takes considerable skill to actually use efficiently, lance/gunlance with evade skill will serve you much better.
GS is already the best blademaster weapon to use against Plesioth, and you have focus skill on top of that, which is literally like playing on easy modo. You should be getting 3rd tier charges on it left and right but you're hesitating way too much, and you're going in late a lot of times, have some more confidence. You're also not aiming for its weak spot enough, which ruins the point of using a weapon with high reach.

It's shit.

I'm talking about the GX Hunter's set he mentioned, not the one in his pic, you dingus.

I guess I'm the FU autist then, even though I stopped playing FU long ago and play 4U now. But you know what, I like that name.

Because in FU the 2 guys would've been knocked out right on the third panel

The video was made long ago to show the point that his hipcheck is fucking piss ez, so just guarding wouldn't make much sense. I didn't play FU for a while(for a very long while), so the combo of lvl3->/\o->lvl3 wasn't native to my hands enough to make the run comfortable for the purpose intended.
Again, since I didn't play for a while I didn't have the feel for the weak spots, thus I wouldn't be confident.
It was like that:
Also guard is pretty good in the 2nd generation even on gs, since "lol, instant recovery".

Under what rock were\are you living?
GX hunter isn't jap exclusive. It was for a while, but nowadays crapcom uploads all of their dlcs, even pirate j.

If you don't want to listen to the points and just want to place your labels on people, at least get it right - I'm the FU autist.

Fuck off, it's my tittle. If you want to get a hold of it you need to win against me in a cage match
ON WWE THIS SUNDAY, CHAIRS TABLES LADDERS - EVERYTHING IS ALLOWED.

I highly doubt the foreigners would get the Macross themed DLC, considering Harmony Gold guards those rights with a vengeance.

There is finally hope.

The Switch is going to bomb until they release a real handheld version, and if Sony doesn't capitalize on Nintendo fucking themselves over with the Switch by releasing a new handheld they're fucking retarded.

We've seen games in the 4 GB region, no clue what you're on about.

The 3DS LL and Vita are as big if not bigger than some game controllers, what the fuck are you even on about?

Both me.

それも私だ

Huh, everything I looked up was saying it was.

Oh user, you sweet and simple man, most assuredly they will find a way to acquire shekels and kick your hopes in the nuts.

You're right about monhun being shit, although not by the reasons your gay self described.
But jesus fucking shit that fucking quote

Wow i really shoulda posted the GS set as well as the "IG of Cheesing" build.
Here is one of my GS armor sets with GX Hunters Armor.

Weapons? Should i upgrade or forge new ones until its the last tier of weapons?

Nintendo will probably wait until it gets real life reactions from the switch as a console. Most probably theyll release a late handheld console since everyone knows that pc + nintendo handheld is the way to go. Handheld fags wont spend 400$ on a switch just because you can play mobile

We can fight this shitposting, but you have to actually do it. See shit like this in threads you're interested in? Discourage it. And if the faggot responds obnoxiously and goes full retard, you've already made an example.

C'mon, step it up :^).

In comparison to older entries, we get way more stuff and that's the point.

You don't even know the context.

Fuck I forgot how much of a bitch it is to start over in monhun. All the damn fetch quests and griniding for parts, the struggle never ends it seems. On the positive side at liest once XX comes out I can send my hunter gril with some of the gear over to ease the pain, Im sure in 3 months I'll have everything I need for her to hit G rank in no time

Why is Akantor a Flying Wyvern? It seems to show up at the same time as all the elders, it gets its own special arenas like elder dragons, it's referred to as a "black god". It can't fly, it can't even jump really. It doesn't have wings. It can't even be captured. When I first heard it was a Flying Wyvern, I thought I was being rused. Is it some sort of lore/plot reason I'm not aware of?

It and Ukanlos are both considered Flying Wyverns.

My point is that the Switch is going to bomb because it's too big to take out on a train. People here take out their 3DSes, their Vitas, and their cell phones, never tablets. This attempt of focusing on selling to the West is going to bite them in the ass hard.

Wouldn't know, don't play foreign versions, just saying it's likely impossible due to the licensing issues that prevent you guys from getting things like SRW for you to get all the content in MonHun.

Whenever I see anyone taking credit for anything, the first thing I think of is Jesus Goatse.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG why do i get a shitty poison one?
The Teostra grind shat out that 1728 (1800 with charms) raw GS and it's the best one i found so far.

Yeah, I know. It's retarded. I just want to know why they're considered flying wyverns. I'm just going to guess it's the same reason shit like Kirin is an elder dragon, or why Naja gets its own special category instead of being a leviathan.

We never know. Sales might be good in the west and might bomb in japan. Have you seen how normalfags reacted to the switch? They want tablets with controllers. Thats why i think nintendo will wait it out until fully discontinuing the 3ds. If it bombs, thelly release a "newer" 3ds guaranteed

Yes, but sales being good in the West doesn't mean shit. The PS4 sold like hotcakes in the West, but it bombed at home and that's why it still doesn't have any games. Unless you're a super huge company like Capcom or Square, the West isn't a viable market to depend on - releasing in foreign markets requires extra costs like translation, marketing, etc. which means a much smaller return per unit sold, and a much longer wait for said returns to even begin to come in. At best, the West is a "it'd be nice to grab some sales there but we can't afford to focus on it at the expense of the home market" for most devs, which is why the Vita is still getting games and the PS4 is dead in the water.

Akh khkhem, Sleep GSes. (^:
One o– 40 purp and the other ooo 20. In 2 different models flavors course.

Here I'll answer your questions
Because it's a way to make him look more majestic
Because team is probably hoping to expand on the universe, thus it need more categories to fill.
Because they have a skeleton of a tigrex :^).

Ha ha ha! sniff

Off the top of my head, SRW V and Dungeon Travelers 2-2 are coming up soon. All the PS4 gets are ports of PS3 and Vita titles.

Those games are close to no worth compared to actual games since market is overfucking saturated with that garbage on every platform. No offense to your clearly inferior taste.
For example I take more notice of a gal gun, and that says something.

You're hating on two of the best genres while defending a shooter of all things. You need to go back to Reddit where your kind belongs.

i think they would fix nicely with the monster hunter stories shit where you can tame one monster if you find an egg
problem with Ark is that a single guy can have huge dino armies, you should have to pick just one

fit*, not fix

It's a glorified sparkle dog with a scaly paintjob.

Not just a shooter, but a trash fanservice rail-shooter.
Defending? I'm not defending anything. I'm just saying how low I think of jrpgs in comparison to which a literal trash is more noteworthy.
I'm not hating anything, all I am saying is that no matter how you'll try to distinguish those games by genres there is like billions of those on every platform. If you own more than 2 gaming platforms - you are like stocked for life with those genres. If you love jrpgs and spend most of your time playing only them(good for you!), sure, you can follow recent releases without a backlog weighing on your back, maybe. But for me, in comparison, they hold no value because the market is oversaturated, there is no real benefit in having more of those.
Metaphorically speaking those are droplets falling and combining into an indistinguishable mass, where a gul gan is something of it's own, something standing out, something that adds to the choice I can pick from.

Look, if you want to argue that my reasoning is faulty, at least offer a more reasonable explanation in exchange.
I'm just saying how categorizing a lightning summoning mythical creature of somewhat divine origin into an elder dragon category could be a reasonable idea to devs from my perspective.

I'll try to reinterpret my point based on your "counterpoint".
It's like a drug addiction, it's not the height of a state that makes it so captivating, but the almost instant jump the difference between the normal state and the artificial one. Then the artificial one becomes a normal one and so a druggie would need to up the dose, until one day it becomes lethal.
But since a game in a genre can't maintain such jumps in quality(technology and production limitations, genre stagnation etc) a reasonable person needs to abstain from using the same drug over and over again. Thus he forms periods of switching between games. And currently there is enough AWESOME games on the market to supply such person FOR FUCKING LIFE, thus every new entry is fucking worthless because there is no functional place for it compared to a game introducing another genre to the table.
If you can stomach jrpgs(or any other genre for that matter) on a daily basis for years, good, but most people aren't that way.

I don't know how else I can describe why jrpgs are repulsing while not being shit. Maybe by making a simple analogy where all you eat are chocolate rolls until it becomes actually toxic to your body and you can potentially fucking die.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Shadow Hearts, Paper Mario (early), Mario and Luigi, Trails series, Tales series, Dragon Quest (for a more tightly balanced experience that's really hard to break), Grandia series, Shin Megami Tensei series, etc etc. Only a few examples off the top of my head.

All games in the same genre with similar ideas (stat based gameplay) but with wholly different gameplay systems.

Shadow Hearts requires you to have a sense of timing to do most anything and allows you to "edit" that to be easier or harder, with a slew of status effects that fuck up that in different ways, from making the inputs invisible, faster, slower, etc.
Paper Mario is the same and is simpler, but Mario and Luigi also requires that you defend against attacks in the same manner or you'll be outright unable to take the hits and die.
The Trails series (specifically Cold Steel due to my lack of experience with earlier titles) relies on character positioning and special moves to delay, inflict status and the like. instead of the targeting being "one" or "all", the targeting relies on physical distance and area of effect.
The Tales series is straight up stat based action rpg combat for each fight, you fight in unfiltered real time.
Dragon Quest is a way better designed game then any Final Fantasy, in that you can't outright break the game's difficulty at all in most cases, and ways to actually break the game are only opened by 3/4ths the way in and always involves tons of fuckin' grinding, so it's heavily discouraged anyway.
Grandia is based on an ATB combat system with emphasis on fucking the other guy out of their turn, and later bosses tend to be exceedingly powerful in offense (but beatable) to encourage you to fuck them out of their
turns.
Shin Megami Tensei turns what is usually useless in plebian RPGs, Status Effects, and bases the whole game around them for it's design. Buffing and Debuffing are not only how you get better hits in, but they're also how you avoid dying.

Look, I know you hate RPGs, but I hate racing games because they're boring as fuck from my point of view, and even then "hate" is really too strong a word for it, so what's your point? That you don't like RPG's? That from your point of view they're dumb?

Okay, whatever. Your point of view is super special yadda fuckin' yadda. Now fuck off you whiny bitch.

Imagine a market overflooded with an item way above it's demand to the point where it's prices starts to drop and the situation is held for so long that the item sell price becomes worthless. That's how I see jrpgs.
What you described I'll try to represent in my analogy.
Rock'n'roll racing is a game with a system of 3 utilities(offensive, defensive and racing) and an upgrade system dosh for which you acquire by doing a variety of tasks on the racing track, also loops that heavily affect the way racing plays.
Road rash:Jailbreak you are on a bike, your main mean in advancing through last place to the 1st is by beating up other bikers, the task of which can be improved by stealing their shit or acquiring charges on your weapons by beating up bikers in your previous rides. The racing feels way different to any other game because of all of those systems and the sheer base of how the game controls and the style you have to maintain through out the race.
Whatever the fuck cart racing - powerups, alluring graphic design, gimmicks of tracks, handling and other things I forget to mention that make it so different.
Trackmania - customization, verticality and overall craziness of the tracks.
Flatout - game that creates aggressive driving not only by the direct interaction with your opponents, but also with a highly functional physical features, including non rigid car interaction and traps. Also highly engaging minigames based on one of the most used but practically useless feature - ragdolls.
Lagsters before the metroid guy could learn how to crouch the tubes were infested by cars, 360 tube driving with incredible speeds and non realistic gravitational pulls.
In smash cars environments and driving handling overtake the feel of your normal driving game and drag the game into an entirely new direction.

Look, I know that you hate racing games, but I don't hate jrpgs, I hate repetition where I don't want it(like a game that everyone praises for being great and it turns out bears a ton of bad staples of a genre), and the way jrpg genre filled today - it is safe to say that it's mostly about that. As you've probably noticed, games in my list and as I've noticed games from yours aren't a whole lot ground breaking. They are just different kind of flavor and manufacture of the same product.
The base of a final fantasy and a pokemon, and some other staples that came with time are present in each of the game and describe it for the most part. Random encounters, dungeons, spells or physical attacks, attacking or utility spells, hp, mp, exp and so on. And respectively for racing games staples are tracks, position based rating, driving a car, laps and so on. We are not here to make a through analysis, we are here to convey some point to each other.
Those 10% of games we are talking about are the milestones, are games that are close to the border of a genre definition but don't step over it. They very well might be different enough to offer something new and interesting for both of us worth to check out despite our grips with a genre. But that other 90% are just a filler that is in between those milestones, they are inside the circle, they are likely just filling the gaps instead of spreading the horizons of a genre. And because of how long the jrpg genre was present alive on a market for so many years - there is no room for a big leap because everything has been defined, bordered. So the games that are outstanding, that are worth your time aren't in the upcoming videogame future, but in the past. Anything else is equal to trash since it isn't worth the time.
SRW V? Dungeon travelers 2-2? Persona 5? SMT 4? DQ Whatever the fuck part is there to come up or already did?
It's more of the same shit. And anything that isn't a sequel is just a combination of a mechanics that I bet was already presented at least several times with nothing so different that it breaks the perimeter.
Because of that and because of rail shooters being pretty much dead for a while the relevance of a single gal gun is 50 times bigger than 1 jrpg. Imagine that I have 3 consoles 3ds, xbox and shita/ps4. For jrpgs? I have like 200+ titles. For on rail shooters? Fucking gal gun.

I want games that apply to jrpg genre, dont get me wrong, but I want them to be new. I want outstanding things like parasite eve and carmageddon, I want A.I.M. and Koudelka, I want MT and TM.
I don't want atelier and dirt, I don't want neptunia and grid, I don't want the next car game and rpgmaker award winning game standalone remake special steam edition.

/autism
But I guess this is a MonHun thread.

say i wanted to play some mh with some of you anons on pc how would i go about doing this?

Getting on the high lizard horse, I see.
The jig is up, Kirin. Now go and turn into lewd armor for some delicious brown huntress - your kind is not welcome here.

Say there was something in the op post that has a link to a place where you could potentially connect with some of us that play on pc not very frequently might I add, wouldn't that be great?
Other than that, you need a ppsspp, most likely a us version of fu or ps3ish version of p3rd and a head on your shoulders to be able to input right settings into the emu.

Lao-Shan Lung is back in MHXX.

Thanks man, makes me want to hit a monster in the head with a Hunting Horn

Am I the only one ho think the series should be put to rest for a few years?

I mean, there are enough monsters, armors weapons already and I think Capcom should focus their efforts in making a more compelling game around all of that.

And maybe release a PC version.

And this is why you are not in charge of Capcoms finances. Not that I disagree with the sentiment, though

I've tried testing before on ppsspp to see if I could get FU to work over the internet but it didn't work. I think it will only work if all player are connected to the same network for the ppsspp clients to connect to eachother.

You could probably solve that easy-peasy with Hamachi or Evolve.

I hope the fight isn't as terribly boring as it was in FU.

Make a Hamachi group and in the ppsspp network settings copy paste the host's ipv4. I've done this several times and it works just fine.

It'd be a waste of money, no one in Japan's going to play on the eroge platform instead of the 3DS

STOP

make me

Nigger, you didn't need to spoil that.

Has GaijinHunter stopped being a cuck yet?

His weapons videos were so comfy.

You can take the cuck out of his shed, but you can't remove the shed from his heart.
Not even in death does cuckdom end.

It will never stop being a cuck.

There wasn't a china-only PC game? Some people has worked on an english patch too.

It was a piece of shit and an MMO.

Anyone want to do some HYPER TRIPLE TETSU TIME?

03-1998-4583-8643

Its really "shit" like the last games or its shit because its a MMO? Can't try for myself since I don't have any PC with a propper video card at the moment.

no it's really unmitigated garbage.
Hunter Rank is basically just your "level" and you're now barred from using certain gear until your hunter rank hits a high enough level.

Tons of Instant kill area wide attacks. It's dumb

Does the head ever break for Crystalbeard?
It really fucks me over as it's head zone drops to 10 Water after it breaks and i'd really be better off shitting pierce into it if the break has occurred.
I keep expecting a chin break like on Uragaan.

When does the Jaggi get hit?

Fuck the guy who made cap quests and put only ONE stack of dungbombs in the chest.

so it's not different from frontier or going towards that direction at the very least.
can't wait they get to those levels of ridiculous like they are in frontier z

Sup. So I just picked up Monster Hunter 4U for the ds. Just a few quick questions.

It'll come in handy because of the shitty camera controls on the 3DS. I have a New 3DS with the C-stick and it is complete ass. I tried using the C-stick when I started but problems I've noticed with it are: the camera doesn't move fast enough sometimes, and the stupid thing becomes unusable if your thumb gets even a little sweaty. The person that designed it was a moron, honestly.

Just play through the Caravan quests until you know the game and the monsters well enough to start playing online.
Pay attention to what the monsters are doing and learn their patterns. Remember it's not just about knowing when to attack, but also when not to attack.

No, only version that would've been better would be FU which came out ages ago, and you can just play that on an emulator.

How the fuck do you deal with 4U gore magala's wind pressure-frenzy ball attack? Gore just, out of nowhere, instantly jumps back flying and if you're anywhere near him the wind pressure locks you into this animation that takes ages to finish. If you're caught then you can't do anything to dodge his followup attack which is the frezy ball that does a lot of damage. Even after killing him a dozen times, I still can't figure this out.

I'd literally just give you potions, tranqs and the trap.

Im making an Aerial Pellet set for single player only, calm down

Pellet up
Evade Dist
Vault
Stam Recov

i have 5 gem slots left
Should i get Ammo Saver or Rodeo?

Also what guns other than La Foi works well for this? I dislike it because its way too ugly, im currently using the Arzuros Fishergun, it looks much better than can siege both pellet 1 and 2

So wait, can you break parts with enough bouncing hits ? I thought for the longest time you couldn't, but I was hunting a gravios and kept hitting my bugstick on its legs. Eventually one of the legs broke.

I want to get into ranged weaponry in Gen. I'm HR 50 so I have access to just about every monster through normal, online, and events, what's a good set to check out?
What's the most FUN?

G-Rank and 140 C.Gore will annoy you to no end as it pulls this move outta nowhere and always reams you exclusively in the ass while laughing about not being flashbombed out the sky due to "no eyes LOL"
Mashing B to roll intensifies

Bushido with Full House III.
Make a Element+2, bonus shot, load up and trueshotup set.
Drop trueshotup for Pierce Up on certain guns and multi-monster hunts, Akantor arms and legs give you easy Pierce up.

Mountainous Roar (HBG), Total Absolution (HBG) and Daybreaks Gaze (LBG).
Make the Super Crit set everyone who has bothered to finish all the Village quests has, Pierce Up +5 OOO charm is what you need to do it.

Thats it. Karma Sedition all over again.
Load up, Trueshot up and Focus.
I don't bow in Gen so i can't give you a solid set.

Normal Gravios can be fought with White or Purple sharpness or enough Motion Value via a LVL3 GS charge..
Black Gravios is a bouncer on his legs regardless of sharpness till they break.

Bouncing is bad and fucks your sharpness twice as fast.
Bouncing gets you killed near instantly on 140GQ's.

the most fun gunner shit ever is aerial pellet HBG, but its not viable online
adept LBG is really good and useful online

Freedom unite is for psp right? I've considered emulating it. I have 3U for the wii but I wanna try something else.
also I hate under water fighting with a passion

What's a good G1 set for 4U?

The PSP titles are Portable, Portable 2nd and 2nd G, and Portable 3rd. 3rd will be most familiar if you played the Wii title, having a lot of the same monsters due to being in the same generation.

Portable 3rd needs an English patch right? I got home and looked them up, theres also freedom. Which would you recommend?

Finished all quests (village & guild, all star levels) except some events and arena quests, still about 70% total trophy completion
WHY

Depends. FU has 5x times more content, but many of the weapons simply aren't fun to use because they lack some mechanics that were added in gen3, also, the hitboxes are absolutely horrible, upgrade paths are pretty borked and the bullshit that is elemental breaks exist.
P3rd is a neat little game, it's fun from beggining to end, but it doesn't have that much stuff to do.

If you're only hr 50 you can make a budget gunner set using recoil down+1 and crab buster HBG pretty easily, which siege fires pierce 2 and normal 3. It's not the most efficient gun but it's strong enough, fun to play with using adept and siege, plus normal 3 has a novel ricochet gimmick. Although unfortunately normal 3 is only about as strong a shot as pierce 1, unless they buffed it in gen.
If you're playing with groups constantly and can just curbstomp whatever monster you want however many times you want satan already listed the better guns

You can break them with natural esp and neutral damage weapons pretty easily (see: impact phials). Bouncing is bad because if you're bouncing that's the game's way of telling you that that hitzone is low and your damage is probably getting cut in half because of it, the sharpness drop isn't as much of an issue in comparison.

there are at least 3 awards alone for completing the arenas, other than that it's probably palico, weapon/armor collection, item combinations, etc. 70% is still pretty low though for doing just about everything there is to do in the game though.

I probably wouldn't reccommend freedom unite to anyone much anymore with gen and 4U existing. If they want to play a harder or earlier game I'd recommend ps2 (not mhp1 though, since that's basically mhfu but even more tedious and unfair) or if they're locked on psp p3rd is more fun to play. p3rd may be excessively easy at times, but the only advantage FU has over it is how much grind there is.

Despite that, got some tails in the reward screen.

Starting with the G-Rank stuff. Can someone recommend me which G-Level armor path should I follow? Thinking of making an Akantor armor because seems more interesting that my actual Cean-S and looks good for starting the new missions before can get a good weapon.

Forgot to ask, Why the akantor counts as a flying wyvern? Haven't saw him flying in the fucking entire fight, even in the ecology video. Also it doesn't even seems he can even fly for being too heavy and being absent of some kind of wings.

FU forces you to stand on your own and maybe also appreciate the power of friendship(hunter etiquette), while 3rd is like 3u village experience, but actually good. Other than that as said, it depends.
In comparison to gen3, maybe, in comparison between gen2 weapons - no. Well, maybe, but not "many", just some.
Hitboxes aren't horrible, they are punishing. From the gameplay perspective they are fair and that's the only thing that should matter.
If I recall correctly - only for some EDs which is like nothing in comparison to the whole monster roster.

Garuga.

poor soul

Actually that isn't really the case - there is an option of trading slots for 3 different sets of coatings and a deviant boost. Pierce bow might also be viable, but I'm no longer a bow user anymore.
Focus, TS up, Normal up, Crit up +3 for deviant ones and load up and ammo saver instead of crit eye for teo. Though I use fastcharge +5 ooo, so he would have to use something else maybe.

Ammo saver.

Bouncing does same damage as when you dont bounce, but, of course since you bounce your dps drops as your sharpness.

Supreme taste.
->

If you can't read Japanese, then yeah though if video games are your thing at all, I can't recommend hard enough that you get to learning ASAP No idea what Freedom is, assuming it's a spinoff like the Poka Airu Village shit, and none of the spinoffs have been good to my knowledge, so stick with the Portable titles.

As for the series as a whole, since you have experience with 3rd gen, P3rd will be most familiar to you. If you're feeling open to trying the older games, Portable 2nd G will have the most content of any PSP title, though you will have to get used to not having some general "quality of life" things you're used to from 3rd gen.

at first I thought it was just an honest mistake but then i realised you're one of those monster hunter weebs that refuses to use english on an english speaking site.

You're just salty because your honorable daikatana ain't folded nipponsteel.

I've never seen this ever. What is it?

I really can't tell if you're being a snarky little shit or just totally out of the loop

So it's just a foreign release of Portable? Why bother changing the name? Was the PSP renamed the Playstation Freedom in the West?

It was probably a loose attempt at gaining more sales. I think portable sounds better than freedom, but I can easily see how others might not. What was it called where you're from?

Portable, presumably since it was released on the Playstation Portable. The first two MSD remakes did the same thing, as did other Nippon Ichi remakes and I'm positive other games as well.

Should I start playing MHG right now, or wait for MHXX?

It probably won't be coming out in English, but will it be English patched?

it is now possible to hack v11.2
stop wasting your shekels and get yourself some cfw right now

FOr monhun Gen, Im trying out some of the meowster hunter quest, the basic gathering ones, I noticed the gahtering of ore was infinite, now the question is as a palico does it impact on what you harvest per a node? And what is the advantage of using a palico vs a hunter?
Besides some of the basic knowledge do palico get any special perks for completing quests besides scraps? Or using them only net you scraps?

I instinctively insta-kick Nyanter players due to them sucking at Sakura farming and being the noobs 1st choice for fucking everything up from sleepbombing to capture quests.
Capcom needs to add a Hunter / Prowler Only filter option for rooms in MHXX.
I don't care if you have Worlds Strongest. GTFO

WTF is up with people clown suiting, but not doing it right? They peice together armor sets but none of the sets are made to give maximum perks. No they leave 1 point off, do they even know how to fucking decorate thier shit with gems? Fuck if you can't clown suit right then dont fucking bother at all, at liest use a full set perks until you learn to get fucking gud.

Those people don't even know skills exist and are not doing it for style. They just fight each monster once or twice and build whatever armour has the highest defense.

This is why I miss G-rank in gen, at liest it weeded out the scrubs, well most of them, there are those that got carried to G rank, but most gave up after geting thier shit rekd.

This is annoying as the game gives you a full set and says "Look at how those numbers add up" for that skill.
Is it because they see Min-maxers like us lurking around with mixed sets and they don't know how to see if we have any skills?
I remember coming across this one guy in 4U who was genuinely surprised i could see he had no skills and had to explain to him how to see other peoples skills via the touchscreen.

But nowa days i just don't care unless they ask, just kick em and move on as you can't keep explaining the same shit everyfucking day using that gimped chat box.

They just wear a mish-mash of armor that hits a high number before shitting the deck so hard you'll wonder why you let them stay as they come running back into the area after carting twice and not bringing max pots.

Eh 4U G-rank was clean for a month or so but eventually those assholes got there. One time me and my pal argued with a guy who had a clown-suit on and an auto-guard talisman. He said skills don't matter and his armour is just preference.

Shitters still don't care in MHG and generally won't consider advanced strategy for MHXX G-rank, for as long as it's in range of their weapon so it "looks" like they are doing something they'll just quietly coast along in any randoms room provided they don't triple cart or piss off the host.
4U's G-rank was full of em and i started arguments, tit-for-tat Kick wars and expanded my blocklist by 9000 due to this.

You can't carry over data from the foreign versions to XX, so either start with X now or wait for XX in March.

Someone might put out something that lets you convert saves back from MHG to MHX like the one that let you convert from MHX to MHG.

Possible, but if you haven't started the game at all yet on either version, I'd say to just stick with the original Japanese - less worry about compatibility, no supporting cancerous "localization" practices, and if you're into multiplayer, no Frogs.

What's the latest MH game for a large screen. I just don't think I can play this kind of game on a handheld.

Monster Hunter 3G on the Wii U. Before that, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on the PS3.

While it wasn't great the localization wasn't terrible they didn't fuck with the art or make the game easier and only had like what 5 groany memes?

The fact that we're unironically saying "At least they only rewrote shit to alienate the core audience and justify their own lack of skill at the game, and didn't do other common bullshit like toning down difficulty or censoring parts of the game or removing game mechanics wholesale or introducing bugs that can actually damage your hardware" should alone be proof enough that the foreignization industry is cancer and should be supported in any way, shape, or form.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-data-manager.434848/

With this tool, you can freely hop between any region of MHX/G.

It doesn't matter what region you are playing on now, you can still convert it to a MHX save anytime.

Is there a charm table for MHG so i can check to see if im on a good table?
That ONE CHARM THAT NEVER FUCKING DROPS or it's a point down and missing a socket.
I never should of turned my DS off when the Gog tier charms started dropping

ive nver played mh before. which should i play first?

Start with the original on the PS2, then go to 2G on the PSP, then 3G, 4G, and XX on the 3DS

Damn straight. You should've offed yourself.

Decided to get MHG from Freeshop. Will get MHXX in March. If I have to start over from scratch in MHXX I think I'll be fine.

Do people still post rooms here? I haven't frequented these threads properly since I played and finished off 4U

I think your chances of filling a room with Holla Forumsirgin shitters would be highest on the weekend during burger time.

Alright. Thanks for the info.

I started it and now I'm having second thoughts. I might just wait for MHXX in the end

I'd wait. Maybe they manage to pull their heads outta their asses and at least partially fix this broken mess. Who am I kidding. 50 shekels says SA is still gonna be wacky-jumping-sword-only

I personally hated what they did to the Charge Blade. Nerfing the Ultra was okay but all the other changes (like splitting the shield buff into two different buffs, or making all blocks you did with a buffed shield do elemental/ko damage). I also think they removed some fluidity when changing from S&B to axe. They made it more annoying to use.

It made me fall back on Longsword which is my second favourite. It an Adept style was amazing in the demo. As was Bow and Adept.

Doubt it, have you seen the new styles? shit if anything they're doubling down on the mess they made.

like pottery

Who cares about weapon styles at this point the game is such a mess in every single aspect? it's like 3 different teams were working on 3 different games in total isolation and when they finished the capcom execs just stuck it all together with duct tape.

Is not liking the changes they made to CB something that's brought up a lot?

Anyone up for helping me grind for some Teostra Horn+ on MH4U?
Got a room open at
24-5802-4623-0126

At the release, yes.
Nerfing the ultra wasn't ok, since now ultra is 100% "oh fuck, I failed the cancel into super, rip all my charges".
If you have a liking for styles, then you shouldn't be butthurt as much since gp on adept charge is very broken and overall fluidity of that style in particular is pretty great. Aerial if you want back your super spam from counter maneuvers, but aerial gl does a better job of that.

I'm not too butthurt about it. But maybe that's because I haven't kept up with information beyond playing the demo. Did they nerf the damage of the ultra so bad that it's better to continuously use supers, now?

I did really like CB in adept, but I thought LS and Bow were way more fun.

I believe instead of 90+90 that it should deal on full charge it just deals 90 obviously there are 2-3mvs in there, but I'm just scraping the explanation from what I remember which is like a super before it was nerfed, or an aerial super that they didnt nerf for some reason. So it's trash and is never worth your phials and shield charge.
Unlike bow and ls, if you have a guard+2 and constantly rely on(literally) charge blade move, then you are fucking invincible with a drawback of none. Having a gp for the entire duration of charge - wasn't a thought through idea.

Just starting to really work on 4U's expeditions and guild quests. I got two quests with a kirin, but both of them are bundled with a velocidrome. Plebbit says the monster on the right has a bonus to its drops or something, and in my case that's the velocidrome. How true is it ? My autism forbids me to grind a suboptimal quest.

gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71733152

Also, if there is a maze area on the map that is between you and a monster and/or a monster is more than 2 zones away from the start - gq is trash.

mfw people unironically play normal GL near me

Have you tried not taking it up the ass? Novel idea, I know.

Depends if it's 4u or gen, and if gen if it's guild/striker or aerial/bushido. latter being the only right choice obviously

Thanks.

All this frustrating bullshit and I've reached the endgame(mostly consisting of an unholy forced grind of annoying variants of old monsters) in less than 80 hours of playtime
Really failing to see where all this content is that the normalfags said the game had

why does everyone shit on the new 3DS? why's there elitism against it.
is it just the price difference or is there genuine reason to avoid it.
i googled around and i didn't see any real qualms

Basically there aren't all that many reasons to get one if you already have a normal XL. It's got an integrated circle pad pro of sorts, two more shoulder buttons, an "extra stable" 3D mode which is better in some ways but worse in others, and enhanced performances a lot of games don't even exploit (like MhGen). Get it if you don't have an XL but otherwise it's the usual jewish rerelease.

Every game takes advantage of the extra power if you install cfw on it. And there's not a single excuse for any 3ds owner to have theirs hacked right now.

What about being too lazy to buy a SD card + reader?

Blame the nips.

Thank the nips for that.

People are saying the Switch has cornered Capcom now they have no choice but to make the next game on an actual console.

I predict MH5 will be announced for the Switch this November.

This and the teased SMT could actually make me buy the damn thing.

Your wish has been granted. But animu arts made it into the main series, have not been fixed in any way and it is really popular with the french

Why would you wish upon the paw user, I like monhunter, don't turn it into any more shit then its slowly degrading into already.
I just hope double cros or GenX or what ever the fuck their gonna call it in the Us fixes Gens lack of Grank and scrub filtering.

I'd rather see MH stay on handhelds than for it to be on that abomination of a console. Having to pay extra just to be able to play MH online is heresy and I refuse to support that.

Paying extra to hunt with Holla Forums and shit scrubs is a horrid thought, I agree at that refusal to pay. Like hell if im going to put out cash on something that was free to do and then have to pay to end up carring scrubs to G-rank, hell even High rank

except for garbage games that deliberately drop the framerate and break mechanics if you force the clock speed

>I just need help with one quest Proceeds to hijack the room
>I forget to hold R… OOOPs lel for every. Single. Mount
>I'll halp after mine iz done 1st Leaves after quest rewards screen
Are saying Holla Forums /mhg/ is full of shitters?

The Holla Forums user's I've played with were top tier and at thier lowest decent anons, its the OTHER people who join when a user forgets to set a pass code that the shitters come in. Now not saying all Holla Forumsirgins are great at monhun, but the amount of anons here I played with were good, if not decent enough to know better then to be a shit scrub or work twice as hard to get gud.
I blame the french

Handhelds are where games come out. That's pretty much how things have been for the past decade and a half really.

The Switch is going to bomb terribly, if anything they have to hope that they can get Capcom to make a MonHun for it to try and save it.

Considering how much work has likely been put into 5 already, I doubt they're going to scrap it and start from scratch to throw it on the Switch.

It still hurts so bad.

I actually just got MH4U while back, am not anyway near g rank love the game, also can I ask what the 3ds XL c stick is for I kinda thought this game would use it but I was wrong so just mostly confused.
Love the game reguardless also for 3ds the actual quatily is amazing very detail and surprisingly tight mechanics I like the crossbow but aiming with is a little weird not sure if am suppose to sit and aim or move and aim.

4 does use the C stick, but you have to turn it on. Not sure what the specific options would be in the foreign version, but look for anything mentioning the Slide Pad Pro controls.

Thanks man your awesome.

Just happy to help. Enjoy your hunting!

WHERE THE FUCK AM I?

Welcome to monhun Holla Forums, not everyone is shitlords.
Sometimes things get comfy, but fuck Khezus, they deserve Rape

Every species in that picture deserves holocaust by anal rape. Except Gigi

Literally having the worst taste. Literally.
Or just baiting.
Shame on you.

A shit.
A shit.
A speedy shit.
A double shit.
The gigi poster is the only redeeming thing about this. I sincerely implore you to relieve yourself of this burden called life.
It's a wonder that you have made it this far with this poor taste and judgement.

Yes, it's not the problem of you having the worst taste, it's a problem of you being mentally challenged.

And he is not even a king of jews.

Wew lad, chugging Gypceros semen by the quart really did a number on your mental faculties, huh?
All that rubber and you still got pozz'd

God damn. All this time, I thought you hammer bros were all shitters playing with a useless weapon. The only time I had ever seen hammer users online, they were complete garbage doing more harm to the group than good; knocking everyone out of attacks, tossing us everywhere, and never getting a single KO. I thought this would be a huge waste of time. "Why bother using a weapon if it can't even cut tails? If I wanted to use something slow, hard-hitting, and relying on a charge mechanic I'd just use GS."
I have seen the light. Hammer is extremely fun. Everything about it seems useful, it has so many little tricks I've noticed just from fucking around. Even the lower level charges have some utility. I'm still pretty awful with it, I need a lot more time to get the hang of getting KOs, playing with other people fucking GS fags, go cut some tails or something, head is ham.mer only, and what the best way to deal damage is, but I'm learning fast. It feels pretty intuitive once you learn what the different attacks are and the little things, like what angle you swing from, how the standing-still and moving charges work differently, or how timing the finisher on the spin changes it. And positioning, too. When I manage to pummel the head of a monster alongside a GS, without either of us getting in each other's way, I feel so amazing.

how to be good at hammer: Don't spam the level 3 super pound. That's basically all you need to know.
As for an actual opinion, and assuming you're playing 4u, try and get the barroth hammer with awaken or the tiger zam hammer. Hammer is actually decent for status due to it's spinning level 3 charge, so enjoy para->ko->exhaust->repeat for every single hunt

what's wrong with spamming the super pound? I've been doing great in high rank with it. is it just the area of effect is fucking huge and everyone within a 5 foot radius is flung away?
by the way, the hammer i'm using has no status or elemental

do what says, you'll thank him later; also try using the little A button side whack, I've gotten SO MANY KOs just in the nick of time with that quick little attack
also, don't get in the habit of going into a charge after everything you do, I've fucked myslef over more times than I can count because I got too comfortable and pressed the r button out of habit

because the lv2 charge uppercut and double-smash into golf-swing is a much better use of your time and stamina

I'm starting to have a greater appreciation for MHGen.

Fuck awakening. There's a high rank event quest for a kirin/oroshi kirin
And fuck kirin

So I just hunted the Glavenus in MHX's single player quests.

This game is probably the worst monster hunter game yet. It's got little content, it's easy as piss, and even without hunter arts it feels like all the technical skill has been sucked from the game.
Shame.

Try Lagiacrus.

Are you fucking stupid? 4U is a way better game than 3U overall. Even if some monsters became really easy due to the fixed hitboxes, rip Jho and Diablos being actual challenges

Kirin is fun to hunt with a bow.
Also the GQ I had leveled had Kirin+Velocidrome so that might have bumped the HR beyond high rank. I'm retrying with a Kirin solo.

I know this is a newfag question but I'll ask it anyway in hopes someone can help me out: I'm new to MH in general and I just got to the point in 4U where I killed the Zamtrios. I want to grind it so I can make its armor set for the water/ice resist, but for some reason the smith or whatever doesn't give me the option to make the helm.

I guess my general question would be: how are specific armor parts unlocked for forging?

For most piece of weapon or armor, there is one "critical" crafting ingredient. Take the tigrex hammer.

Simple to understand. Thing is, MH is rife with items that have obscure drop requirements, like breaking a specific body part, and so you can go a long time without every seeing the piece of gear in the smith if the critical piece is a pain to drop.

Usually you have to have a particular item from the monster for the option to make it's stuff to unlock. You need one Zamtrios Sawtooth to unlock the helm as an option, so keep smashing it's face in.

For future reference, use Kiranico to look stuff up. It's really helpful. kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Here's the page for the Zamtrios helm: kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/head/zamtrios-helm

Thanks a lot, I didn't know kiranico had that kinda shit, that site's really helpful. Makes sense I didn't get the drop, too, since I was so concerned with breaking the fin for the secondary objective. Cheers, anons

Should I bother looking for charms in High Rank in 4U or should I just stick with AuXL? I want to try and make a GS set with similar skills I had in Gen because I think just having AuXL won't be as good as having

It's all about luck. I start eating for Explorer during High Rank, but I wouldn't bother trying to farm for them until much later on. If you get lucky, you can get pretty good ones even in HR just from Explorer and quest rewards, good enough to last you a while. Sometimes all you really need is a 3-slot charm with a point or two in something mildly useful to make a really nice early G-rank or late HR set. A single slot, or a single point, can be the difference between +9 and +10. But, that's still nothing compared to the charms you really want to farm late-G-rank. Those ones can be the difference between +9 and +20.
So basically, just passively look for them. Don't go out of your way to find them.