Snow Level 2 Release Thread

Presenting Snow Level 2, a follow-up to 2012's Snow Level and further collection of snow/winter/ice/holiday/etc themed game music. Tracks from 30 years of gaming history come together in a sizable offering of cool tunes. It took longer than expected to assemble, but I hope that you can still get some enjoyment from this collection in your holiday season.

DOWNLOAD HERE (multi-part RAR or Torrent):

mediafire.com/folder/lc5mnmwawd0iz4i,3vw4ljsw2kbp67n,zw76ndkc2lc9fz5,ue7uv22uhy8zhnj,zivjo50h35ijbnn,pe3awlkpsojirh5,pvx7bbb338cbat0,t6k357tlokdjd62,plbfxlb31eze512,lap5x25ukrxnbc9,phynthujlg2kovh/shared

TRACK LIST:

pastebin.com/bUj67N6i

Happy Winter everybody, and stay frosty.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?99o3904j0nf0cwc,y19dfko7cyw4da6,6h5y3tiqwgdjj2x,5xxch23wlpxqvwp,a9nujdktr9xfd3w,owcxj492j7mcuzf
mediafire.com/file/0y0fxf9am48ma3z/Snow_Level_2.torrent
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
volafile.io/get/BsUmHxY1Hjdk/Snow Level 2.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My fucking nigger

Why is the pastebin for the Disc 2 and 4 tracks unalphabetized by game? Just wondering, since Discs 1 and 3 seem to be.

I had difficulty deciding how to order the tracks. For discs 1 and 3, going alphabetically worked nicely, but for 2 I liked the way the original list sounded. That is, the original Snow Level's track order was preserved. I wasn't really sure how to add the new tracks, so I appended them to the end. It looks a little weird, but I prefer the way it sounds. As for Disc 4, since it was the Remix disc, I wanted to mix it up a bit, so I alphabetized by song title instead. In hindsight, that may have been a better option for all the tracks, but at the time of finishing I was fine with how it is.

I see. Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess. You're the one that was compiling them after all.

It was a good learning experience at least, maybe someday I'll do another collection like this and do it differently.

I know some anons had a desert music thread earlier this week in response to the slough of winter OST ones. Maybe give some thought to a desert album, or "surf and sun" one come summer?

Does Snow Level 1 still exist or is it part of this set?

It does still exist, however beyond two tracks this album contains all of Snow Level 1. For posterity's sake however, I will link the original.

Snow Level 1 download:

mediafire.com/?99o3904j0nf0cwc,y19dfko7cyw4da6,6h5y3tiqwgdjj2x,5xxch23wlpxqvwp,a9nujdktr9xfd3w,owcxj492j7mcuzf
,3vao57r034x4imb

Apparently I suck at setting up torrent files, or I can't find good trackers to use.

Either way, the original torrent file isn't going to accomplish anything, so please check the link below for a new torrent file which works slightly better. Alternatively, go with the direct downloads, I can confirm that those work.

mediafire.com/file/0y0fxf9am48ma3z/Snow_Level_2.torrent

thanks for the comfy collection. Freezie Breezie (Disk 3) seems to be broken on the direct download though

Damn, I thought I caught all of those. The computer I built the album on originally had some kind of hard drive problem, which I didn't realize until I started finding random tracks deleting themselves/corrupting. Fortunately I had backups of most of it, but some tracks did get caught in the crossfire.

If any more of them don't work then please let me know, in a few days or so I'll make another thread with links to the updated version with any bad tracks fixed.

I'm having trouble telling if this is also a general winter music thread or not.

I'm not looking for any more additions but no reason you can't post stuff

Thanks snow user, I was worried you abandoned the project or something, really relieved to see it finished.

I'll be enjoying some comfy winter music these holidays.

Thanks for taking the effort to do this SnowAnon

Thanks for putting this together.

Much appreciated, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for compiling this. It's a good mix of comfy wintery music and video game nostalgia.

Any plans for a summer/desert mix?

Why does this not have a complementary .wad with snow-themed maps? Anyways, gonna check it out OP, cheers.

I'm almost finishing desert mix. but i need a cover

best I could recommend is Duke: Nuclear Winter, though there are a few Doom wads floating about there.

I remember Santa being playable in ghouls vs. humans, I always assumed that they took that from somewhere but never determined the origin.

What tracks you got thus far? Also, as far as album covers go, you looking for something directly vidya, or just general desert themed? If the latter, the Sonoran Desert is rather pretty for a desert between plantlife and rock formations, and has some nice photography out there. Just an idea.

I got you.
What do you need?

Torrent seems to be broken or have no seeders.

Both, sorry. I'm kind of incompetent about torrents, and I couldn't find any trackers that worked. I might have just been looking in the wrong places though.

I can walk you through it if someone knows of a suitable obscure public tracker. What torrent client do you use?
Protip if you ever create something like again, instead of splitting the entire release, split each disc separately, so you don't have to download every single part if you just want to listen to one disc.

It's 40 fucking degrees today in the Downunderverse so thanks for the cool collection, snowanon. Merry Christmas to all you fags still stuck on the 24th.

61 out where I am right now. We had a Christmas Eve duststorm earlier.

That's a good idea, I was concerned about making the direct download match the torrent in file layout, but it might make more sense to do as you suggested.

I use qbittorrent, I seem to be okay at making the torrents but as you mentioned, the problem seems to lie in finding good trackers.

wow, nice numbers. Hope it cools down for you summer folks.

GREAT JOB, SNOWANON
MERRY XMAS

Hey OP can you upload this in an archive to volafile? I'd love to listen to it but I'm not signing up for mediafire.

volafile.io/r/HF33Go

I mean, I'd like to download this, but not enough where I'm willing to download all those pieces of a split archive.

yeah sure, I'm actually not able to use that computer right now as I'm replacing a bad HDD on it, but I'll do it when I'm able and post the link back here.

sorry, as said above I can't seem to find good trackers for this kind of thing. If anyone knows a good obscure public tracker (as mentioned) then I'll gladly make and seed a new torrent.

About when would this be if you dont mind me asking?

Nah, I'm in the northern hemisphere, so it's winter here. And we still got a dust storm this late in the year (complete with sand streams and tumbleweeds blowing across the roads). At least it's been followed by a heavy rain.

kobara

I'm mostly done with replacing the drive, so I'll shoot for tomorrow evening after Christmas festivities have been had (so I expect 18-24 hours from now).

Oh sorry, I saw the dust storm and assumed you were in Oz.

Okay great

almost every track from Snow Level 1 appears in Snow Level 2. That said, a link for it is here

At least we can listen to comfy snow level music and pretend we're stuck inside while it snows outside.

fucking shit

Alright, I uploaded it to Volafiles, here's the link

volafile.io/get/BsUmHxY1Hjdk/Snow Level 2.rar

Awesome!

This deserves a bump.

That ass deserves a bump with my dick