Star Wars Galaxies

We are playing star wars galaxies on the project phoenix server.

Star wars galaxies is a MMO with a unique crafting system and non-WOWclone combat system. On project phoenix the devs are combining the combat of PRE-CU with cosmetics, items, characters, and quality of life updates from the post NGE-shutdown eras together.

Crafting, combat, and other experience types are all increased, however jedi is still vanilla rates.
Jedi is implemented, this is an unlockable system in which unlike NGE where anyone can jump in as a donutsteel jedi you have to work hard in order to unlock jedi. Jedi who whip out thier saber cock or wear robes and use force powers around humanoids will get noticed and will soon appear as targets for player bounty hunters.

installation
Either check to see if the public volafile still has the disc set or grab a torrent of the FULL DISK SET (3) off (((piratebay))) or something because the game is no longer sold by first parties anyway and not even disney cares anymore.
2. then go to
swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=179-Install-SWGEmu and begin the installation process, simply point the program to the folder you installed your discs to.
3. after hitting CHECK on the SWGEMU launcher to make sure everything is in order go to projectphoenix.com.shivtr.com/ download the project pheonix launcher, and set its directory to the folder you put SWGEMU in, and then hit CHECK if it doesn't start auto downloading, this launcher can sometimes crash, in that case just hit check again. If it becomes unusable check which file its getting stuck on and delete it from your SWG folder. this should download around 14-17 files in all and will take a while.

who to contact and how to start
Send a /tell to "top" or send a mail to me with the letter icon on the bottom right of your screen.
Recommended you go to options(the wrench icon near the mailbox icon)>controls>press the keymap button>change keymap to firstperson shooter.
If you are already experienced with all this shit, then immediately head over to tatooine(or start on it) and then shuttle over to our city of "Wreckage Brothers Rest". the bunker there has terminals that can provide you low-tier buffs, healing, wound treatment, missions, and DoT removal.

what you can do and what is needed
Bounty hunters can tag jedi for half a million credits or more
Creature handlers can babysnatch animals even up to krayt dragon babies
You can play as a Hutt/bith/chiss/devornian etc
Smugglers slice terminals for more payout, doors, weapons, armors, and can make a dozen or so drugs.
Commandos can use heavy weapons like lightning cannons and plasma throwers, acid throwers, etc.
Crafting: armorsmith/weaponsmith/chef/tailor/droid engineer/architect/speeder mechanic(SoonTM) are all availible to play.
Rangers can go camping with camps they can craft, skin animals, navigate the terrain better, and mask thier scent from creatures.

We need:
a combat medic to heal everyone during dungeon runs.

An entertainer to provide buffs

A Doctor to do the same

Bio engineer to genetically engineer cool/overpowered shit for our creature handlers.

We currently have around ten people. join us today, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8654114/Star_Wars_Galaxies_-_SWGemu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stick it to the safety pin wearing faggot rebels and join today!

What would you recommend for someone who has never played this?
And any download link for the full game?

honestly, the XP will come so quickly that you'll be able to master all the professions and try them all. creature handler is fun because you have to work hard to tame and train your critters, and actually issue commands by typing. bounty hunter is everyone-wants-to-be-one tier and is pretty edgy. jedi is still hard to get to even with this much XP. just try it fagmo

Last time I tried this it was absolute trash and none of the quests even worked right so you couldn't progress.

using this spider in combat is basically cheating

My computer fucking broke today fuck.

How is the server population? I used to binge on this game hard as a kid and I really loved pre-NGE. Definitely not looking for crowds of Nostalrius-tier but would definitely like to get into a server that's not barren

usually around 40-70 people online, but at least 20 of them are AFK buffbots etc. it's slowly growing though

That's good to hear. I might pick up the client after the holidays then.

Is Commando fully implemented?
I used to play a sickass master bounty hunter/master commando hybrid.
I'm feeling nostalgic, and this might get me back into Galaxies.

yes. honestly it's even further along than basilisk; this server has post-CU armour/housing/cosmetics. the only really glaring thing missing is JTL but as far as I know no server has that up and running in a format that is actually palatable. quests, mission terminals, player cities, everything is there, and it's fun that it's so unpopulated at the moment - we get to be in on the ground floor to build hundreds of moisture vaporators on the server's best water that is conveniently within range of our home city, and once i'm done grinding to jedi and have a couple days off I'm going to work on armoursmithing, specifically the mass production of it.

tl;dr play it, even if you hate it and quit in three days or you suck at least it's free

I'll be checking it out, then.
Thanks.

Speaking of armorsmithing we looted special RIS segment blueprints in geo today.

Also our city now has nearly everything we need, a shuttleport, a medical center, and a vehicle garage to repair our shit (unless its disabled :^) )

I have all three ISOs, I can try to upload them to MEGA or some sort of alternative

Actually here's a torrent link: thepiratebay.org/torrent/8654114/Star_Wars_Galaxies_-_SWGemu

a few things missing from OP that are worth mentioning, as well:

>do not tell anyone on the server who in the guild is Jedi. bounty hunters are always hunting Jedi in fact that's the main reason they're there and Jedi are worth a shitload of money to them

Just keep doing it. I can't tell you how many Baby Grauls I ended up killing before I finally tamed one.

Fucking plebs

Can you make a shy cute loli healslut?

I'd remake Sanic on it, but the launcher kept giving me shit.

You better not be jewing the starport.

if you want people to play

FOSS linux version.

I'll get right on it

Anybody available to invite?

gib name, and if you're still on.

Do it yourself.

I will be on in a mere 6 hours
Leave your name in-game in the thread

Name is Weke, I'll be on for another hour or so.

If you end up walking through the desert to our base, watch out for krayt dragons and drifting sandcrawlers.

Message Biff if you are on, Ill be on for a little bit.
How do I invite people?

Fairly certain that SWGemu had a version with a WINE wrapper or shit. Can't be too hard to manage.

I'm sitting in front of town hall.

Client works fine on WINE, Phoenix launcher doesn't because it's made with fucking .NET

I have returned. If anyone is around who wanted an invite. Now is the time.

where were you when Holla Forums managed to put together a space biker gang

I'm feeling the desire to pick this up again, but a population of 50 at peak times doesn't fill me with confidence.
Also the fact that people just stopped playing last time too on a much more populated server.

Ill be around most of the day, send a message to Top and come over to wreckage brothers rest for recruitment.

How the fuck can you be an entertainer if there's no one to entertain actually?

Entertainers are an alt class essentially, set up a nice dance and song macro and macro to send invites to anyone who sends a tell and you have a buffbot who creates solo groups.