Is this the only good thing Gearbox has made?

Is this the only good thing Gearbox has made?

Other urls found in this thread:

hookedgamers.com/pc/borderlands/preview/article-44.html
archive.is/RUeCb
archive.is/K7QIr
threadless.com/forum/post/269244/illustrators_kozyndan_are_ripped_off_by_a_new_sony_bravia_ad/
moddb.com/mods/operation-black-mesa
tripminestudios.com/community/index.php?thread/86-questions-about-gd-obm/&postID=25996#post25996
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the port of Halo CE was good. Though MS made them make the netcode 56k compliant which made leading weird.

We also got Custom Edition thanks to them

I didn't think first Borderlands was bad at all, when it came out at least it was colorful and different compared to any other AA/AAA shit out.

That's because the artstyle was stolen.

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised by this.

it was inspired, user.

I liked Blue Shift

did you watch the animation is was "inspired" by? it was stolen

Is that really the world you want to live in? The world where only one thing of each type is allowed to exist?

Well lucky you, I guess.

There's a difference between "ripping off" and "being inspired by". Gearbox even reached out to the team behind codehunters, but then decided to use their artstyle without even crediting them. It's well explained in the video I posted, but I assume you didn't even bother watching it.

You did? I mean, I kind of liked it, but I've never replayed it after beating it the first time and I don't intend to replay it anytime soon.

The combat encounters along the facility and through the trainyard are really fun and tightly constructed. Probably not worth the original price overall though.

I enjoyed Bulletstorm for what it was worth

Reminder that Borderland used to look like this before suddenly being remade:
hookedgamers.com/pc/borderlands/preview/article-44.html
They were, like many other companies, going for the Mad Max style. But they sucked at it so bad they had to come up with something "fresh".

And if you wonder why people say it was stolen:
archive.is/RUeCb

archive.is/K7QIr

Did you even watch the video you fucking shill?

NINE FUCKING VOLTIGORES
MP should be alright though.

That you and I will never agree on. But what we do have available are facts.

Gearbox reached out to the person who made Codehunters and offered project work which apparently went nowhere.

Borderlands came out looking pretty damn similar to Codehunters.

Is it theft? I don't know. Is it a rip-off? I can't say. I don't know the legal definitions to decide these things.

But it sure looks like Gearbox did indeed nick the style.

Thank you for providing more information about this. I didn't watch his video but after googling some stuff, I found this same information.

Fuck you though.

It's a really similar case to this one:
threadless.com/forum/post/269244/illustrators_kozyndan_are_ripped_off_by_a_new_sony_bravia_ad/

It's pretty common to get in touch with an artist, request sample work, tell 'em to fuck off, steal all the creative design, provide no credit, provide no cash, and call it a day.

According to Holla Forums, yes, but Holla Forums is that kid with annoying contrarian views who is ultra negative because he'd take his failure out on others. Blunderlands 1 and 2.5 were alright, Bros in Arms was fine, it's just that HLOF was their best.

No, because Opposing Force is shit.

You say that as if Ben Hobin invented cel-shading and the post-apocalyptic dystopian theme with that film.

It's okay user, not many people are born with good taste. Maybe some day you'll have good taste.

Borderlands 1 was a great game, it had some of the best dlc ever made too.

Borderlands 2 was one of the worst games I have ever played.

This game was my favourite in Half-Life series. They were doing some kind of remaster of it like Black Mesa, I hope it finishes soon

moddb.com/mods/operation-black-mesa

Yes, they ruined everything else they touched.

Shamefully Operation: Black Mesa was abandoned over a year ago now

I think he knew something and didn't want me to play a shitty game.
blue-shift was alright but not as good as OF.

yes

First few Brothers in Arms were great, some of the best squad combat ever and the AI wasn't entirely dogshit stupid.

tripminestudios.com/community/index.php?thread/86-questions-about-gd-obm/&postID=25996#post25996

Brothers in Arms games are awesome.

Opposing Force and Blue Shift were the only good Half Life sequels

That was Epic

What happened between Blue Shift and this? Why was it so bad?

Blue Shift was created as exclusive content for the Dreamcast port, after that port was cancelled it got released as a PC expansion but unlike OF it wasn't created to be a full-fledged addon, just extra content to fill out a GD-ROM. That's why BS mostly reuses existing assets from the main game with barely anything new added. In light of this I believe it unfair to directly compare Blue Shift with OpFor seeing as only one of them was ever intended to be competitive at retail.

no

Borderlands 2 had a god-tier PC port if nothing else.