RIP AKIBAS BEAT/TRIP

From recent media crate sales

[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (Level-5, 12/15/16) – 337,979 (New)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 199,514 (2,578,960)
[3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 168,072 (448,160)
[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace (Square Enix, 12/15/16) – 64,965 (New)
[PS4] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Sega, 12/08/16) – 44,592 (262,760)
[PS4] Final Fantasy XV (Limited and Bundled Editions Included) (Square Enix, 11/29/16) – 44,340 (814,603)
[3DS] Miitopia (Nintendo, 12/08/16) – 27,933 (55,023)
[3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes (Konami, 12/15/16) – 26,673 (New)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 20,488 (966,976)
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Blasters Treasure Pack (Level-5, 12/15/16) – 17,709 (New)
[Wii U] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Mojang, 06/23/16) – 16,315 (215,728)
[3DS] Sumikko Gurashi Mura wo Tsukurun Desu (Nippon Columbia, 07/21/16) -15,638 (105,725)
[3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush (Nintendo, 10/20/16) – 15,635 (104,179)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome Amiibo (Nintendo, 11/24/16) – 14,535 (52,695)
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Bundled Editions Included) (Nintendo, 07/28/12) – 14,468 (2,488,181)
[PS4] Watch Dogs 2 (Ubisoft, 12/01/16) – 10,995 (68,796)
[PS4] The Last Guardian (SIE, 12/06/16) – 10,754 (93,014)
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo, 04/28/16) – 10,678 (496,521)
[Wii U] Splatoon (Bundled Editions Included) (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 8,654 (1,516,219)
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (12/01/11) – 8,299 (2,694,863)

It came out on Dec 15 but didnt chart the top 20.

But isn't this a niche game?

It is. But it didnt sell this poorly.

Well at least the Akiba's Trip anime starts soon.

Didn't they actually remove the stripping part from this one?

SaGa sold well? That's a shock. It looks like Unlimited Saga 2 to me.

I'm glad.

Yup. Now its a basic RPG.

These sales numbers are Japanese user.

YOU shouldn't be here to begin with. go back to fucking 4chan you tripple nigger.

>Strip kek everything interesting from the first two games
They had it coming.

this is true, even so it's a shame that we won't be getting a proper Akiba Strip 3 because of this shit.

I honestly can't even imagine what they thought was going to happen.
Its like someone went to make a monster hunter game, without the monsters or the hunting.
It takes less than a second to see how terrible of an idea that is.

did it sell?

From what I can see, that still has both monsters and hunting to an extent, though.

That still has monsters and a hunting tho, it's just not handled the same way

Where are these 8,299 Japanese that bought Mario Kart 7? What brought them into existence?

so much for the FF7 killer, it's like mixing Japanese boy bands with bad story telling and western Open World gameplay would not appease either side, who would have thought?

GODDAMMIT JAPAN

I dont get why it sold less than Yakuza 3/4/DS, those games were forgettable

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT NIP KIDS, WE'RE NEVER GETTING ANY OTHER NON POZ'D LEVEL 5 GAMES AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

neither do i, it improves everything in series and add a lot more minigames and stuff, but shit like Yo-kai sells shit loads more. it's time for another nuke.

In other news, Mario Kart 7, a game that's five fucking years old is still selling top 20 numbers. Jesus christ, how? Are people re-buying it when upgrading 3DS systems? I don't understand.

I get they removed the stripping mechanic but is the game itself any good? If the only good thing about it was the stripping then I'm guessing it wasn't very good.

Thats weird though, Y5 and 0 especially are great games. But whats the fucking appeal behind Yokai Watch, I hear its somehow a more dumbed down Pokemon because you cant even decide what moves they attack with.

Its the same reason you find copies of Mario Kart DS for 40 bucks still I guess, some fuckers keep buying them. Do second hand shops not exist there, are they dirt cheap?

I'm more surprised to see yo-kai 3 up there. I thought the bubble had burst some time ago?

It had clunkier combat that Yakuza on PS2, that should tell you something. It has charm, but it really needed more polish.

nobody wants to plays as a bully rapists anymore, user.

Over 800K for japan market only is actually pretty decent, worldwide probably double that number

That's a shame. Back when it was announced, the trailer showed some combat that was rather Tales-like. That could have been pretty fun.

If it's more Persona-lite JRPG bullshit though, then any sort of excitement I could have had just instantly dies.

There's shit loads of 2nd hand shops around. It is kind of weird that people would still buy it new, but I think there is somewhat a stigma of buying 2nd hand.

*insert epic dsp memes*

What stigma is there? That you arent rich enough to buy a new copy or something, do closet game devs pull that shit?

Normalfags don't think
They feel

Seen some nips say it's actually shit this time and Sega took away too many features. Is it true?

I don't know why I find this fucking hilarious.

Must have been a slow week

Yakuza 6 from what I tried of the demo has great production values but theres some annoying shit in it. You need to press a button to run and theres an annoying sprint system in play, and combat felt slower than Yakuza 5, Kazuma's movement in particular reminds me of GTA4/BamHam movement, and in a bad way because it feels sluggish even compared to characters like Saijima.

I find it hilarious that Microsoft's main success in Japan is a game they bought, for another console, and not their own shit.

When?

Damn. From what I've tried in the demo, this game is basically Tales of Xillia: Akiba edition. It's a blatant copy, from the UI elements to how the AC, er, I mean AP counter works. There's the linear motion system with a free run button, some kind of Chromatus-like overpowered mode that gives out infinite AP, and lifted right from the Persona games we have a Captain obvious assist with quips like 'there's three enemies', 'you got the advantage', and so on…
Having enjoyed many Tales games this will be a welcome addition to my library, but sadly there is one thing they did not copy over from Xillia: Co-op multiplayer.
Strangely enough, having a second controller connected to the system will actually work, but its inputs will go to player 1. Too bad…

Jan 3rd I think.