Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another...

Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another? And why is the chopper detouring so much?

Is there even a point in exploring Diamong Dogs? Everything there seems empty and generic, except for awful shooting sidequests.

I'm really trying to like the game but it keeps insisting on wasting my time. I also always have to watch the chopper flying to the mission target every single time for a minute.

Is this even normal? Or am I doing anything worng? Is this how the game is supposed to be? Is it my fault?

Why are you

spacing

your

text

like a

Redditor?

I usually don't. It's just every line is a different topic I'd love getting a specific answer for. At least for line 1, 2 or 4 that is.

Shit optimization

You should probably reorder your text, then. Like this.

Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another? And why is the chopper detouring so much? Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another? And why is the chopper detouring so much?
Is there even a point in exploring Diamong Dogs? Everything there seems empty and generic, except for awful shooting sidequests. Is this even normal? Or am I doing anything worng? Is this how the game is supposed to be? Is it my fault?

How about like this?

Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another?
And why is the chopper detouring so much?
Is there even a point in exploring Diamong Dogs?
Everything there seems empty and generic, except for awful shooting sidequests. Is this even normal?
Or am I doing anything wrong?
Is this how the game is supposed to be? Is it my fault?

Is there even a point in exploring Diamong Dogs?

Everything there seems empty and generic, except for awful shooting sidequests. Is this even normal?

Or am I doing anything wrong?

Is this how the game is supposed to be? Is it my fault?

Well, guess it really isn't my fault and it's just the game being shitty.

Why would they design a game around being this time-wasting? You literally just sit there in the chopper and have to wait one minute until you reach the mission area, every single time. What were they thinking?

Also, see someone to get checked.

This is much better, don't reddit them, just number them.

1. Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another?
2. And why is the chopper detouring so much?
3. Why does it take five minutes to get from one Diamond Dogs facility to another?
4. And why is the chopper detouring so much?
5. Is there even a point in exploring Diamong Dogs?
6. Everything there seems empty and generic, except for awful shooting sidequests. Is this even normal?
7. Or am I doing anything wrong?
8. Is this how the game is supposed to be? Is it my fault?

user the entire series is built around wasting your fucking time for so long. In fact I think it's unintentional how well the gameplay stands out when you've been sitting through boring cutscenes and exposition for so long.

Why are you trying to force a meme?

Dude, be patient. The facility is that big because its designed for being invaded by other players when you play online. You set up defenses and even go defend yourself when you're invaded. (I know that doesn't explain all of the size but that's a big part of it.)

There's also shit hidden everywhere in your base that you have to find. There's even events and cutscenes you can find.

The helicopter can be upgraded to be quicker. The whole game is based around upgrading shit, did you not know that? Why would it be a challenge if you could just call in a light speed chopper to save you from enemies every time it happens? There has to be a wait time.

This all isn't even considering there are load times hidden in some of the traveling.

Use this time to listen to tapes and shit. There's plenty of them that expand the story and a large
cd's worth of licensed tracks

"." Do you know what that is? Can you see the difference between OP and your posts?

That's the problem I have. To not miss anything I have to endure five minutes of doing literally (literally) nothing. And walking through the empty DG areas isn't certainly fun either in hope to find anything. Especially when you have zero idea what could trigger cutscenes or WHERE the fucking key characters are chilling.

a) You can't do this no matter how fast the chopper is because he can't land everywhere
b) Your score would be still shit and everywrhing and there are countless other ways to just escape from enemies or make the game piss easy (chicken hat, turning auto aim and that slow down when enemy spots you on etc.)
c) You know I'm not talking about this. They could just leave the chopper slow as fuck but there is no point in showing us how Snake gets to the target for two minutes every time or in the Mother Base.

But you're probably right with one thing; it was online cancer again that ruined another game.

Why aren't you using the box to just ship yourself to the platform you want?

Limitations by the PS3/360 versions. That's why each platform is yonks away. It's to let them load.
Game is pretty shit. It's one of the most disappointing games in recent memory.

it wasnt finished. it felt like a tech demo, but it was a fun tech demo lacking in variety.
the different ways i could tackle a mission made it really fun for me. i wish there were more "ambush the motorcade" missions.
i actually enjoyed it, and even though many missions were copy/paste missions, the variety in which i could try made it not seem so boring. each time my approach became more bold for example
1st time."this time im going to sneak using boxes and distractions"
2nd time."this time im going to snipe the lights/outposts at night and raid the place by killing everyone like the antagonist of a horror movie"
3rd time. "this time im going to send mortar raids and send a chopper while titties loudly snipes them with armor piercing rounds, while i sneak in"
4th time. "im going to wear heavy armor and take my robot horse with flamethrower attachment and bring my chopper for support if shit gets crazy"

I really hate how much time wasting there is in this game and how you have to go out of your way to either find ways to not waste as much time or entertain yourself just to make the time pass. Not only is this just a general pain but it seems they also used that waiting as an excuse for poor storytelling compared to other MGS games, since much of the story is now hidden behind audio recordings which are decidedly worse than codec calls or cutscenes. Even though PW was similar it that regard it at least if you wanted to listen to them it was just at your own leisure and not because the game is forcing you to waste more time. And both games already waste enough time with having you grind pointless side missions just to progress that the added waiting in MGSV just makes it more painful.

I think this is the first time I'm legitimately glad I pirated an MGS game.

Yeah the game gives you a lot of toys to play with but the challenges provided aren't really designed well around them and don't react to your choices with any depth. All they offer is novelty, not any additional challenge.

the only challenge in the game comes from when they restrict your toys. your toys are OP. but like i said… its like a tech demo. thats part of them. i mean, i guess if you want to play that way you could just bring in the most powerful weapon into every single mission and go in guns blazing. and sometimes its fun to go loud and blow everything up. but sometimes i wanted to bring in weird quirky gadets to see if i could just be a bastard.

my favorite run i did was rescuing someone from that mansion using only C4, mines, and hand explosives.

also, if you ever suck at being stealthy and get mad, this game had sooo many ways to take your anger out on it.

There's no reason to spend any extended period of time at Mother Base, other than to occasionally bathe and to watch Quiet use the shower and shake her ass around. Otherwise you should be in the field actually playing the game.

Why are you spending any time playing a shit, unfinished game made by a hack?

There's medication for what you have.

fucking hell this describes Crysis 1 almost perfectly

And where is Quiet? She was locked away and knew where but now she isn't locked away anymore and I have no clue. For some reason Konami didn't put key character locations on the map, probably thought it would be too uncool and unrealistic or something.

Oh yeah, btw, apart from the waiting simulator, so far the game is a million times better than any other MGS, except maybe 2 because its pacing and story is just that good.

Gameplay > story, other MGS games had pure shit gameplay while this one's is actually decent.

The game was actively fucked around in development, or did you somehow miss the memo?
Konami did everything they could to make this game terrible and ruin Kojima.

Songs that should have been in the game:

Yes- Owner of a Lonely Heat
Asia- Sole Survivor
Stevie Nicks- Edge Of Seventeen
Nena- 99 Luftballons
Frankie Goes To Hollywood- Relax
The Romantics- Talking in your sleep
Prince- Let's Go Crazy
Irene Cara- Flashdance… What a Feeling

Missing any?

Tears for fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Well at least it's still better than the other MGS "games".

I fucking loved MGSV

Kojimbo liked to masturbate while looking at his mother base design, that's what the MB heli rides are for, if you want to actually get from one platform to the other then just use the box to fast travel.

Kojima can't make a decent gameplay and you know it.

homo

Me too.

Same, I didn't give a fuck about the story but I enjoy the gameplay a lot, have over 200 hours of replaying missions and dicking around in freeroam.