PSP official PSOne titles

North America (I'm still short 89 titles) official Sony released PSOne Classics games for the PSP. I used this list (Japanese titles are "Imports" so you can follow my reasoning here) - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS_one_Classics_(North_America)

As in, these are the games you would play on a PSP that are normally downloaded from the Playstation Store.
A few of them, yes, I actually purchased.

You do require CFW, unless you have the license. Chances are you don't, so you need CFW. Every PSP model supports CFW, it's literally a 60 second process to run.

If you have a store-sourced classic that I do not already have, please let me know, and I would appreciate it if you could get it to me so I can add it to the collection.
The list that I still need is here - pastebin.com/mpU44n5x

North American Archive part 1 - mega.nz/#F!ctFVnSZb!2p3WsIqoenMOcTcTlgAtZw

North American "Imports" archive - mega.nz/#F!D1ggBBTA!px-NfWQveotEDuGFJk2uxA

If links stop working, let me know and I'll see what I can do

it's 2AM as I post this, if someone wants a torrent I can do that tomorrow, just say so

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ntBxyapZ!fi7vH2rqUydFiwYyDjs_Z5lAjnwo-IzyBKFsl_fxrEA
mega.nz/#!n9JAEZqA!T4HB-kNx4eLPpg3jI3B0M-rz7DSkolE5JwrQwSaxfXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also quick note - it is ENTIRELY possible I mixed a few imports into the first archive.

Thanks OP

So can i play these on an emulator or do i need a psp? Either way this is some good loot thanks op

What is the point of playing these in an emulator? You could just emulate the PS1 games themselves.

That was my question

Pretty sure PS1 emus can run eboot format by now. Double check though.

wait how do you emulate the game itself? Ive never heard of such a thing

I'm not complaining in the slightest, but I have to ask, why exactly did you take all the time to compile these? Mostly since the PSN, even the NA one, has still failed to have rereleases of all the worthwhile games on the system, even in some cases where whoever currently holds the rights could have made a killing off a cheap rerelease due to how hard to find/expensive the original releases are, which leaves a good amount of reason for people to convert ISOs into unofficial eboots of the ones not on there.

I think he means why try to emulate an eboot when you could emulate the original PS1 ISO. Eboot is formatted for use with PS3, PSP, and Vita anyhow.

please arrange a torrent. i cannot download this much through mega without waiting eternally

It's important to have them. And frankly, until I started sharing them on blackcats-games (which is now gone) nobody else was doing it. Also, official releases almost always work better than those shitty home-rip eboots people make with horrific music and god only KNOWS what save-deleting bugs get included due to bad eboot packers.

sure, here you go

mega.nz/#!ntBxyapZ!fi7vH2rqUydFiwYyDjs_Z5lAjnwo-IzyBKFsl_fxrEA
and
mega.nz/#!n9JAEZqA!T4HB-kNx4eLPpg3jI3B0M-rz7DSkolE5JwrQwSaxfXA

they're the exact same files on the Mega accounts, so if someone wants to help seed and speeds are slow on the torrent, you know what to do

A good point, but at the same time, given how much is just plain missing from the PSN, people are still liable to have to look elsewhere for worthwhile stuff that doesn't have an official PSN release. I will say that most of the eboots I've put on my CFW PSP have most likely been custom made, or edited versions of the official PSN ones (to include splash screens and such). Only issues I've really encountered have been with a few undubbed games and PAL only ones thus far. But, I guess that official rereleases are much more prone to have been tested prior to being made available (compared to fanmade ones), at least as far as not being any buggier than the original releases.

Really, it just seems like such a wasted opportunity, both for companies and fans, that some games have remained off the PSN, or took much longer to get up than they should have. Suikoden II finally got up there like five years after they'd put the original game on, but at least they got that one up there; meanwhile, Namco sees no reason why they should try to get Tales of Destiny and Eternia on the PSN, despite the former being a good $75-100 and the latter being $90-120 where I live.

I really wish Sony would focus on getting more classics on the store instead of trying to sell me on a PS4 with a couple of blockbusters.

To be fair, I've heard that, at least in regards to the selection of PS2 classics, those haven't been the easiest things to try to get working right with the PS3, hence the difference in quantity between the PS1 and PS2 classics libraries. Seems like they've been having somewhat better luck with doing so for the PS4. Of course, that means that they're much more liable to try to push for PS2 rereleases as being PS4 PSN exclusives (wasn't Suikoden III the last PS3 enabled PS2 classic?) with upscaled graphics and achievements, and the silly thing is that as far as PS1 games go, the damn thing can't even play them physically or digitally (PS1 classics are still just for PS3, PSP, and Vita).

I'm pretty sure that if Sony really cared about quality, they would have hired one of the dudes who worked on any of the following to help get PSOne Classics working on PS4

DarkAlex (granted, he made the PSP M33 CFW, but still)
anybody who worked on the PS2 popsloader effort

Most PS1 emulators can run EBOOTs, but PPSSPP won't run it. Don't know why it won't since it even recognizes the format (explicitly to tell you it can't run it), but hey.

It just seems so odd. The PS1 of course played PS1 games, the PS2 had physical backwards compatibility, and even after the PS3 had the PS2 backwards compatibility stripped out it could still play PS1 discs. And the PSP and Vita have native PS1 capabilities by way of eboot. It always seemed like a nice way to let people still have some access to their old favorites from the original Playstation. Yet the PS4 has been completely incapable of that? I can get maybe not having PS3 or physical PS2 capabilities (given how much the PS2 hardware increased the PS3's launch price, I can imagine what having both would do to the PS4), but I'd have thought that it would have been simple enough to leave the PS1 capabilities (be they physical and/or digital) intact as they had done every time before.

Considering you have to store PS1 eboots in a separate area of the PSP's memory stick (GAME rather than ISO), maybe the system uses something different to load them, and PPSSPP is only emulating what's needed to run native PSP ISOs? Just speculation.

It's because the actual PSP has some PS1 hardware in it that is used purely for playing PS1 games and not used for PSP games. PPSSPP is a PSP emulator so they'd basically have to create a separate PS1 emulator to play PS1 games which is pointless considering how many there already are.

but seriously if anybody has some of my missing titles, throw them my way and i'll add them to the archives

I have all the crash games, FFVII, and Arc The Lad 2 somewhere. I'll get them for you if I can get them without having to get whatever mediago sony virus.

nevermind I'm retarded

also why didn't you shared in the share threads?

I used to try, but this is just easier

Might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know where to buy a genuine Sony PSP stick for the 1000? I've bought three of these aftermarket sticks and they all have an issue with jumping to 128,128 whenever I move the PSP.

how big does it need to be? I have a 32MB one here somewhere, as well as a 256MB one (that's actually a service stick, to be used in conjunction with the service battery I have)

actually I also have a 4MB one

holy shit I didn't know they came that small

I think he's talking about the analog stick.

yeah

oh yeah I misread, I saw "genuine" and immediately assumed memory stick.

yes
fuck

man I literally put the torrents up too!

just point them to the stuff you already downloaded, you'll be helping seed that shit

also

my man!