Games that require skill

So a random thought occurred that I thought I would pursue and that was more or less to see what games are considered 'high skill' games. Generally speaking I would assume these games to have a naturally high skill ceiling where once you get really good you are capable of doing all kinds of awesome shit.

So I start browsing the internet and of course guess what pops up?

So I decided to expand the search by just looking for "high skill games" only to see DOTA2 now.

Firstly, what the fuck is wrong with people.

Secondly, what are some really fun high-skill ceiling games with plenty of freedom of movement?

Quake is pretty high-skill with a plenty of freedom of movement.

RPG playing games.

So tabletop?

should I just go back to being a fa/tg/uy?

Also this. Personally skill is not just "getting the drop on everyone you meet" that's just typical tactical shooter nonsense. In a game based around skill a person with low health can turn around a fight if he's surprised by another person with high health if he does it right.

Try getting to a high level with any of these games.

I can't play a Nobunanga or Romance game worth a fuck.

These games are about tactics you retard, of course you will win if you get the drop on someone.

Because sitting by a choke playing CoD or BF and pressing M1 every so often is very high skill.

Get this game.
Finish it once, doesn't take that long.
Now you've unlocked hard mode and the level cap.

Start a new, fresh save, so you can't use your equipment from the previous game.
Set difficulty to hard.
Set level cap to 1.
Finish the game.

If you can accomplish this i will personally fly inside your room on my golden throne and grace your virgin asshole with the privilege of feeding upon with my majestic seed.

FOB invasions in MGSV on people that have 16 nukes and have cheated their way to top security.

Shit's fucking hard, especially since these people usually sit around with the game open 24/7 so they're always ready to respond to your invasion.

Hard mode in that game is retarded.
Also the difficulty will be very front-loaded unless you add other restrictions because some things just break the game in half. Someone on Youtube did such a challenge run (no heart or life upgrades, no death ring, no grinding, may also have been no consumables).

I'd say do Portrait of Ruin level 1 hard mode, that's a much fairer one barring certain bosses. It also makes certain spells really desirable like the black hole one, and time stop.

Did you really ever stop?

If it works then do it. Why are you comparing CoD to this discussion though? Camping isn't the same thing as ambushing. If you manage to get the drop on an enemy then it's the enemies fault for not being more perceptive.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

>fighting game

I can attest to that, I'm a pretty decent twin-stick player and this game just destroyed me and still does after about 30 hr spent on it.

SC2, so hard the mere mention triggers the shitters that never got out of woodleague here

That was the game I wanted. Sooo fun and sooo fucking hard. I still touch myself on the amount of qt that I've rape, killed or stole