Criminally underrated or unknown games

Exhibit A.

Probably one of the best 10 games ever made. 90% of you posers have never heard of it. A good 80% were likely born after it's release.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_II
glitterberri.com/developer-interviews/making-mr-gimmick/
glitterberri.com/developer-interviews/the-music-of-mr-gimmick/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's brought up every time someone mentions Mass Effect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_II
kys

I am half way done with a video review for it.
It's amazing how well it got conversing with aliens went. It really feels like you are reading a classic sci fi novel rather than the modern tripe we get with most games featuring aliens.

shit thread OP, eat dick

No one ever fucking talks about it and yet its probably one of the best, if not the best, game for the NES/Famicom. Music is also fucking great. You play as this plush toy that has a star weapon that has physics and can also use it as a platform. The only issue I have with it is that bullshit part in Stage 4 to get the treasure in that stage that's borderline impossible.
Here's some interesting dev interviews as well:
glitterberri.com/developer-interviews/making-mr-gimmick/
glitterberri.com/developer-interviews/the-music-of-mr-gimmick/

Made by the same company, Sunsoft. Considered to be a scaled down version of it, you play as this rabbit guy trying to bring back a flower to restore peace to Trip World. The rabbit guy can transform into a fish and can fly. Music is really fucking great, especially the credits theme. However the game is piss-easy and short. A playthrough would probably take about 30 minutes to an hour.

Both were never released in America, Gimmick was only sold in Japan and Scandinavian territories, and had poor sales because of the difficulty and the fact the Super Famicom was already out by the time it was released. Trip World was released in Europe/Japan but also did poorly, it was actually re-released on the 3DS EShop only in Europe and Japan.

As in 'Mass effect was released 15 years after this game and fails at replicating any of what made it great'?

Or what?

Holy. Fucking. Christ. We've gone fucking full cuck ladies and gentlemen.

Exactly. World building and diverse aliens to discover that were actually well thought out was just superb. Some of the races were a little weak, but god damn, so many were top notch. Motivations, back stories, all of it was on the whole very well executed.

I guess in the southern hemisphere it's summer.

An actual reply, and a good one at that! I haven't seen this at all, checking it out asap.

I always enjoyed that bit of lore.

Yes, I'm sure they lied about its popularity and critical acclaim to undermine your legitimacy as an ebin retro oldfag and make you look dumb to fellow anons :((((
You're a fucking mook.

Yes. Precisely that.

ffs, Isn't Gimmick! one of our Holla Forums banner images? There is nothing obscure about this game, everyone on Holla Forums who isn't a newfag like OP knows about Gimmick.

you know it deep down to be true

game_that_v_doesnt_like.jpg

Probably only on shitholes like ribbit or Holla Forums.

Threadly reminder that the Orz did literally nothing wrong, and it seemed to like humans.
But the lore that didn't make it into the game because it was intended to be a major part of the next story (not the SC3 that was made) is kinda hair-raising

Well, they are *fingers*.

Star Control II gets posted in damn near every PC thread. Where the fuck are you from.

Yeah, but there was no way of knowing at the time how relatively accurate that is, or that the Orz is really a single entity.

I curse the day when they will decide to remake it with identity politics

Mass effect didn't happened, i don1t hear you anons
Fug you!

10/10