MECHS ARE REAL NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

syria.liveuamap.com/
archive.fo/yP3fj
twitter.com/negativisme/status/808641537697423360
escaflowne.wikia.com/wiki/Guymelef
youtube.co/watch?v=2YKFS4tAhI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mechs are impractical and are loved only by people with tiny penises.

FUTURE
FUTURE
FUUUTURRRRE

projecting much, faggot?

Construction? Manual Labor?

reported

Why make them like humans instead of cranes or something instead? At the very least give them 4 arms.

So is suicide :D

:D :D :D

baby steps

using only 2 legs is retarded tbh, it's too easy to lose balance, this is what hapens when you hire Kojima fanboys

Say that to me when I'm in my mech not online faggot and see what happens.

easier to control. Mechs are basically the next step from powered armor.

What about power armor or a iron man suit?

Looks like I struck a nerve with you. How tiny is it?

zoids when?

Current year strikes again.

look for yourself

I recognize that duck!!

By my math we should see the first Mech War by 2037-2040

if you mean as in combat armor, i doubt even a heavy armored mech can withstand a rocket launcher to the knee sorry

nigga animals with 4 legs destroy humans in most fields, jumping, running, climbing you name it. only caveat is the slow turning, and longer body

that aint mechs

Give it a fully symettrical 4-leg setup for extra stability and a rotatable torso. elongate the arms and equip them with weapons mounted on the wrist, so the hands are still usable. As-is, it's intimidating but unstable and impractical. Even with the suggested changes it would situational, mostly for riot control purposes. Would never be used in out and out warfare, can you imagine trying to climb across rubble in this nigger?

We are heading towards a terrifying and dystopian future. I'm feeling more and more torn in two, with one part of me wanting to rebel against the march of technology and live innawoods, and the other wanting to partake in it and take advantage of it.

We already have machines that are far more practical for those purposes. Mechs are just a meme and always will be.

OH FUCK, first mechs, then waifus, but never the way you expect it, …

WE ARE FUCKED !

Humans are the unparalleled champion endurance runners of the animal kingdom. Africans today and ancient humans literally just keep/kept walking/running till their prey collapse from exhaustion.

Furthermore the point of 2 armed/legged mechs is to have controls that act based on human body movements instead of having to fiddle with complex control systems, it gives finer control much more easily and requires less training.

PICKLES!!!!

4 more videos.

If they're as big as Battletech mechs a ditch wouldn't be a problem.

This made me very happy user, thanks for posting it

its going to come apart very easily

HA HA TIME FOR ROBOT JOX!

then you just scale the ditch up relative to their size

You fell for the meme that evolution knows what the fuck it's doing. Humans evolved from four-limbed creatures, so they too have four limbs. Two evolved to be graspers, leaving only two for walking on. If humans had somehow evolved from crabs, they would have two limbs for grasping and six for walking, and would be superior to humans with regard to speed, balance, and being completely horrifying.

Get fucked nerd.

Nigga im on your side

My side of the ditch maybe. Fuck outta here mang.

WE ZEON NOW

say that to my mech not online and see what happens bitch

What the hell is the point of a head on a mech?

Alright, lets be real here….
WHO WINS?

Enemy will instinctively go for head shot thus not shooting in the body, where cockpit is.
So it's kinda sorta decoy/distraction.
You can put speakers here too.

I'm seriously confused as to what part of the modern battlefield people think these things will or could replace. Can someone give an answer that isn't "because it's cool"?

It's a gimmick, nothing more.

Except for the fact that almost all military personnel are trained to shoot for the chest.

Then put cockpit in the head?

Crotch is best placement

The legs may or may not be practical, however the arms and HANDS should prove a lot more versatile than a crane or forklift, and much more independent as well. Objects to be lifted otherwise tend to need extra preparation. Cranes need either a harness or built-in hook while forklifts need a pallet to get under.

A tank.

So what? Is Liberty Prime going to be set loose on reddit and Holla Forums next?

The correct answer is: "a maverick fired from an A-10", which also beats a tank.

Heads on mobile suits typically contain the main camera of the suit. There are also smaller sub cameras on the body and sometimes on the back of the head. after the OYW multiple cameras became common as the linear seat became the standard for what you'd find in an MS cockpit

Some suits like the Rick Dias and Char's Sazabi have cockpits located in the head right behind the main camera

distraction from heavily armored torso which contains pilot, main camera (redundant camera would be in chest), eye lasers (eventually), redundant auxiliary systems, etc.

>2 legged robot loses its balance and pulls itself out because it has fucking arms
The depth required for this to actually be effective would take a ton of time and would be a serious hazard to those digging it, unless you want to set up supports on the walls of the ditch when the enemy is less than a day away.

You have good taste at least, I'll give you that.

bitch

maybe you can make a version that can go inside buildings, unlike all armored vehicles

I do have to agree with the 943f3a though.
Mechsuits are useless. They are expensive as fuck to make, extremely sensitive and everything they can do can already be done by modern day equipment.

And from the point of view of a corporation or the millitary: "why should I buy a six million dollar mechsuit when I can buy 3 of the best cranes around for the same price" or "why should I buy a fully armored mechsuit when I can buy 3 light tanks and an attack helicopter for the same price"

Infantry can already go inside buildings. If you need the building totally destroyed, you shoot a missile at it.

This is Trumps promise making anime real, not waifus necessarily but mechas.

Evangelions, Gundams, etc.

You are over estimating modern millitary.
If you need to send armor inside a building you just level the entire city block.

In this context do you see the problem?

yeah but you'd have a mech that can also go inside buildings and beat said enemy infantry with low risk of casualties for your side

Mobility of railguns that use human anatomy to absorb the sheer shock that normally requires being nailed down to the point of single point coverage, brought out of stationary use into the battlefield.

Mobility of fixed turret caliber guns, removing the limits of 4 wheel or tread vehicle mobility, with the potential to have their own treads or "rollarblade" wheels to switch modes of transportation.

Essentially the main theoretical advantage of early release human mechs is better transportation of larger munitions.

Tl:DR essentially a bigger human with a bigger gun, with better tactical tech and support.

On top of that, it's intimidating to see a giant human shaped object on your enemy's forces.

eh

This pretty much

DID YOU JUST SAY
L A B O R ?

Here is a better idea: put it in a tank, it's more stable and less expensive.
Put teeth in the tank as well

I just wanna see mech boxing and other sports. Gladiatorial mech combat.

I have a hard time believing that a grenade that would kill a human can't also disable a mech. You can't put enough armor on something that size and expect it to still be mobile. If you're talking resistance to small-arms fire, body armor is just as effective. The difference is that mechs cost millions of dollars while humans cost about $50 for the coffin and flag draped over it.

If President Trump made this into an arms race (but with mechs) there would be many thousands of jobs created. Imagine you had a job assembling mechs, testing mechs or a job that used mechs in construction or shipping. Within a few years there could be fucking mechs everywhere; mechs would be commonplace.

Also railguns notonly weight a fucking ton but also take a lot of energy. That's why they're boat mounted.

oh fuck help i'm gonna 抱きしめて MIDNIGHT BLUUUUUUUE

stop

It must mean something if amazons model kits have the Proto Wing Zero and Wing Zero as the top selling Gundam kids, as far as I can tell Wing had the best designs and I think were the most powerful Gundams in the series.

Its still technically called a mecha, even if the anime is more of a psychological thriller.

This is your brain on Holla Forumsshit.

Sort of an afterthought, but reload times.

Imagine an AR-15 semi-auto type rifle, magazine of around 10 shots, scaled up for mech use, using magnetic railgun, or more realistically, tank round shit technology. Now imagine that the mech is fitted with 3-4 more magazines of that shit.

You have the marksman ability of a human, with the flexibility of a human, with the long range destructive power of a tank, and now imagine that you advance the technology, both on mobility and weapon loadout.

Belt-fed anti-tank gatling, Semi-auto railguns with restockable magazines, FULL-auto railguns with magazines, etc.

One of the few weaknesses of the tank is reload time of their main cannon, but what if that process was automated through a program, so that the user of the tank or mech did not have to reload shit themselves?

Mechs will compete with tanks in the future, and neither will really go out of style. I can see tanks being automated and remote controlled more then mechs, which will be one of their advantages in the future.

assume that cost is not an issue here, because it eventually will NOT be an issue once the tech passes through and time goes by when robotic manufacturing makes it even cheaper to produce en masse.

Don't underestimate every man's dream.

Endurance isn't a problem for machines, unless you're talking about fuel efficiency then wheels or tank treads would probably be more efficient than leg.

Do you know how many controls you'd need to simulate the finer movements of the human body? You'd need quite a lot. You take them for granted but simple tasks involve a lot of joints and muscles. When we get to the point where an AI can simulate it you'd have to build the body to actually simulate it. We can barely bipedal walking robots and the ones that are most function don't even move the way humans do anatomically.

Basically this

And the heat generation?

Inferior in every way to even the most rudimentary computer targeting system.

What does this even mean? Flexible in what way, on which axis? Guns mounted on turrets can rotate 360 degrees.

In any case, if you're talking unmanned mechs, they aren't mechs anymore; they're excessively complicated and unreliable drones.

I buy most of my kits from amiami, which is cheaper than amazon. the only wing kit I have is the HGAC Wing Gundam kit because nostalgia reasons. Outside that almost most of my kits are UC gundam. Also UC gundam is the biggest money maker for Bandai. Wing only gets remembered over here because it was aired.

Classified as mecha in genres.

Never going to happen, unless its a global dictatorship with high social control or hivemind(human ants).
Gundam or most mecha stuff is close to a Trump scenario, enjoy progress.

I have a few questions about this: 1) is it always have terrible loading times this site? Its like Nexus mods, but worse. 2) Currency isn't American, its Jap currency… I'm guessing your Japanese?

Your idea of the viability of long-term peace has been formed in a century in which pointless wars have been propped up by corrupt politicians, war profiteers and other sub-humans. Of course war can't be avoided entirely, but if you make huge amount of resources that are only useful in war, they can't be sold unless a war is currently happening. If one isn't happening, but it would be profitable if one did, wouldn't it be terrible if one COINCIDENTALLY happened for TOTALLY LEGITIMATE reasons in order to spread Democracy™.

Envisioning a Trump presidency as a time for mecha warfare is fucking infantile. It's even more hilarious that you refer to Gundam when the entire message of that show was incredibly obvious and amounted to "War is bad.".

still when England gets into the robotic bid, we're going to crush the lot of you

Yeah when we're talking unmanned air drones, and mechs could also correct aim with THEIR targeting systems, to add onto a seasoned solider's ability.

on an x axis, and even they have blind spots.

A human in a mech can move the turret faster to accommodate forces, but can also confront close combat troops without a real blind spot, and becomes a turret that can not only deny areas, but ADVANCE on those areas, or retreat.

There's tactical shit to be shat here, man. If humans were inferior in every way, we'd be using tank only forces 100% of the time. Like a good fighting game, every tactic has a counter.

The morale cost of a coffin can range from millions to trillions. The morale cost of some tons of scrap is zero.
Essentially this is the argument for drones, but it's also the argument for small mechs or relatively big powered armor as leading from the front reduces the chance to produce coffins you didn't intend to produce.
Is it cost efficient for full scale total war? No. But thanks to nukes, full scale total war is a thing of the past. Modern military problems are basically scaled up police problems. The age of Patlabors is approaching. Patlabors carrying and protecting the officers guiding the local swarm of drones doing the actual work.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF MIGHTY ENGLAND

Soldiers do what they're told to do, without question. If there isn't a reason to go to war, the politicians will INVENT one. Humans have been, and always will be, expendable resources for the elites to throw around. The front line of wars will always be composed of humans for the same reason fast food restaurants will always be staffed by humans. Everything bends to the will of the almighty dollar.

oy m8 dat aint roight
don't you go and say such things m8

Mechsuits have been real for some time now.
It's just been very inefficient to produce them

Oh get out of here with that shit, you pessimist.

You're pretty much wrong too, we have loads of laws based on pure morality, which is why the left is keen to erode morality and values since it actually effectively gets IN THE WAY of their machinations.

don't say such things my monocle almost fell out

Now user, you seem to be forgetting something very important. Laws exist for poor people, if you're rich and influential the laws don't apply to you.

If you're rich and influencial you eventually get assassinated or imprisoned by various means.

They only have it EASIER, don't deify the rich as gods, they want you to think they have more power then they actually have to paralyze you psychologically.

This is basic shit you fucking idiot.

ONCE THE METHOD-1 IS MASS PRODUCED JAPAN WILL BE FINISHED IN NO TIME!

Kill Paul Allen.

Damn yeah I know, remember that time all those bankers who were literally engaged in illegal activity crashed the global economy then all got sent to jail?

Oh…

Remember that time Obama bombed Yemen for no reason except to maintain ties with Saudi Arabia because muh Oil and people were outraged and he was impeached?

Oh…

Real life isn't a fucking spy thriller you nonce.

:(((

Start naming names and people start dying real quick.

This and other actions during his presidency essentially killed off his own party's influence and made them a fucking joke in the Senate. Trump is in office for a damned good reason, and they aren't going to dodge this either since investigations will be opened up, people will be prosecuted, and you will still be here in fearful worship as an idiot.

and he has a damned good point considering you attacked his method of delivery instead of the package.

You try this anti-morale bullshit and people will smack you down like the little whiner bitch you are.

Don't be a moron. Gold can be stolen and doesn't accrue interest. They keep their hoards in offshore bank accounts.

Protip: If you can gather up roughly 10 million dollars all at once, you can shove it into guaranteed no-risk investments, and live comfortably off of nothing but the interest for the rest of your life. How can you claim the rich don't have it easy when our society LITERALLY gives you a free pass through life just for sitting on a hoard of money?

I bet you think your position is heightened if you get dubs, too.

there's no such thing as a guaranteed no-risk investment and you don't usually live off of it, you get your investment back plus whatever deal you worked out with them and no the rich are rich because they've worked hard for their money

You must watch very mundane spy thrillers.

What package? There is nothing in the package, it's a box covered in "ur a faget" with nothing inside. He just restates my argument to make it look silly, there is nothing to address except how stupid the method of delivery is.
What is this supposed to mean? Usurists who do nothing but manipulate money and crashed the economy, ruining individuals and families financially not only weren't punished they were fucking BAILED OUT by the government to perpetuate a system that is in a constant cycle of failure followed by unsustainable success based on false growth.
Damn he sure is sad that he'll live a comfortable life for the rest of his days, I'm sure his sad fate gave the arab man with no legs hiding in a ditch comfort as he bled out. I'm sure the relatives the children were reduced to red mist feel that justice has been served.

And you stopped arguing your point and instead attack character like a bitch, which means you can no longer argue your point since every point has been addressed and you no longer have any more false angles to push.

Argument over, winner is everyone but you, you complainer ass hotpocket paid bitch, go suck ya "mom's" dick.

Wow, just… wow…

roflmao

Awesome! You're like a cute little wind-up-toy. You do everything I say.

FUCK YEAH /m/ THREAD POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM

/k/ has had threads like this quite a few times. They should probably have another one now that there's a third contender in the giant robot fighting Olympics. The conclusion they came to was that mecha work best in a support role, like logistics, construction or repair. As far as actual combat goes, the glaring flaws of mecha (high center of mass, high ground pressure, greater complexity and thus more points of failure than tanks) have been pointed out time and again. The height and ground pressure flaws can be addressed through better design and better materials, but even if they are, they'll probably never be as widespread as tanks because the complexity issue can't be addressed. Any legged robot is necessarily more complex than a wheeled or treaded vehicle. Greater complexity means the idea as a whole must necessarily be more specialized. If you showed an American tank and a Russian tank to someone who'd never seen a tank before, they wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference. However, as pointed out with pictures, there are now 3 mech prototypes in existence from 3 different nations, and each one is radically different.

The best combat use of a mech by far is as artillery, because mecha can use their legs to get into positions that conventional artillery pieces can't. They might also find some use in defending key structures, because if you're playing defense you can control the terrain that they have to negotiate and can structure it around your mech forces, which may make it less tractable to tanks or other forms of attack. It's also easier to fit one of these inside a building if you have to, but I wouldn't expect to see many of them in an assault force.

Film?

Remember autism finds a way

I hear a lot of talk about mechs being replacements for tanks, but this is forgetting that the modern battlefield has no use for tanks other than combating other tanks. Almost all combat roles besides walking into urban areas has been taken over by aircraft. Artillery is redundant and inferior when you have close-air support.

The box is addressed to you, because you ARE a faget.

And now it's all being fixed, that bit with the banks, and it's clear that they will lose influence amoung the people.

What are you complaining about, that this is a long war? Because if you're arguing that it's a hopeless one that the faggot box is yours, friendo.

If you REALLY want to see his head or whoever else's head on a pike, then go fucking try it or some shit, get a self-help group together, I don't care. Your argument is ultimately pointless in the actual information war's long run, and the only reason you're here is demorilaztion, which is why you should fuck off. No one CARES.

Stay mad, faggot.

Go back to tumblr, you fucking faggot.

I only use Chrome because its the only browser that seems to play webm properly, I tried a Holla Forums suggestion and it didn't play

You honestly wouldn't need many mechs if the main draw is that they're highly mobile artillery with on the ground combat purposes.

But yeah, I don't see mechs being used too much in warfare at least at this point.

You do realize Trump is building a cabinet composed almost completely of millionaires and billionaires, right? His Secretary of State is a literal oil tycoon. Hillary may have been sleeping with the bank owners, but Trump is besties with them. He'd sell the USA to Putin if it were possible.

For Christ's sake. If you post your next response without a meme picture, I'll concede the argument.

tanks were about breaking through enemy lines and punching strongholds. Aircrafts can bomb all they like, but they can't put down bunker busters. Navy has taken the role of the tank and allows for precise missile launch to areas where heavy artillery is needed. Chairforce just does fucking overhead sweeps and ground inspect. Tanks aren't completely useless either, fagget, they just cost a lot to get out to places where they're hard to insert and withdraw effectively, so we wouldn't waste a tank that we were going to give up in the long run

Straight outta arguments.

ok?
Yes, I'm sure people trapped in neo-liberal capitalism are able and willing to decide they don't need mortgages or loans and by extension cars and homes, and soon the banks will collapse under the weight of their sins. Bankers must be sweating something fierce right now.
You're straight out of a comic book with your absolutism and edgy bullshit. Being realistic isn't being fatalistic, I'm telling you to stop believing you can put faith in opportunists like Trump and people who totally aren't establishment goons pretending to be against the establishment. Do you think Trump is going to have Obama held accountable? Do you think if the banks collapse again he won't give the go ahead to bail them out? You have the political and economic know-how of a goat.

I think that if we get them to be less weapon platforms and more adaptable platforms then we could very well see having more of them then normal soldiers

and look how they evolved

Tanks started as a means of breaking the no-man's land

and now they're roles are much different and they've taken on a central role. Can you imagine if the wright borthers actually gave up.

Faggots like you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Oil ruined everything

Of course it's fucking Korea. I guarantee you that it was wacky Kim's idea because he saw an episode of Evangelion and thought "Of course! We'll be unstoppable!"

There haven't been a such thing as "enemy lines" since fucking World War 2, and an aircraft can carry literal nuclear weapons so I don't get where you are getting the idea that they don't have bunker-busting bombs.

And even if I agree that guided missiles have replaced aircraft that replaced tanks, it still means tanks are useless.

coming from a dude who responded with "wow………………………………..just wow……………………………….." and then turned around and said the dude who called you a faggot for doing it has no argument, that's pretty fucking hypocritical of you, ya little bitch from tumblr, who types just like a 15 year old tumblr whore.

Trump's great, and here's meme picture. Now leave, you faggot.

wrong korea

I could go for a mech squad that works together.

Sniper, Support fire, Demolitions, etc.

For a guy who lives and breathes imageboards, you sure suck balls at reading IDs.

And you're the faggot who talks like a 15 year old girl on her iphone, so leave you tumblr faggot.

I saw "Korea" and made a guess for a joke.

mech warrior

shoulda gone with something something feminist cult mechs

How do you even define the writing style of a 15-year-old girl on an iPhone. That's a bizarrely specific insult, and also an extremely redundant one, as you're so bereft of vocabulary that you called me a faggot twice in one sentence.

Who are you quoting? Straight outta arguments wasn't even addressed to you sperglord, although actually at this point you are, because you've been reduced to attempting pin dismissals of poor argumentation as ad-hominem and you didn't even respond to anything of substance I said in my last post. Are you actually an /r/thedonald refugee? Your confusion about quoting and desperate attempt to pin your interlocutors as 15 year olds now that you're backed into a corner would suggest you haven't yet matured intellectually.

These 3 mecha are all under 10 tons. That's light enough for it. You probably couldn't use these specific mech designs because you'd need something more aerodynamic, but the concept is doable.

simple

This shit is the stuff that girls start saying when they can't argue against someone logically, pretending to be emotionally offended to get out of the argument.

So get the fuck out, and go back to tumblr, you absolute faggot.

read above.

you're a faggot

You can add this too I suppose.

syria.liveuamap.com/

Those overly simplistic textbook diagrams mean nothing, but okay; suppose I concede the point. The tanks in Iraq were used to combat other tanks, because the technology for munitions that could precisely hit small mobile targets was not commonplace. Now that it is, tanks have no use. Wars take place in cities, now.

The fact you can say this with a straight face (or maybe not since I can't see you) after your last few posts is fucking hilarious.

Also, ah, now I see, you don't even understand user IDs, how about you lurk for a while more so you can put up a better fight when you attempt to sling shit instead of just looking like a complete mongoloid?

you've no idea what you're talking about please consider stopping before you make your self look even more like a fool

Who needs a big penis when you've got 20 ton carbon composite steel legs to smash fat booties with?

tiny penises are cute tbh

Oh so now you resort to mockery after all that shit about meme pictures and all that?

You're not only a faggot, but you're also a faggot hypocrite.

So you're essentially a double faggot on top of your hypocrisy.

Someone claiming that rich people get rich from hard work (and implying that it's a universal case, as in: no rich person was ever just given a shitton of money by their daddy) doesn't deserve a longer response, and doesn't need to be argued against. It's like arguing that the sky is green at this point; it's like running around with /tinfoilhat conspiracies about aliens and contrails.

Name something tanks can do that no other modern piece of military hardware can. It's your argument to make; you have the burden of proof.

Oh so you're one of those faggots who say that kids shouldn't get inheritance or some shit now?

So? People are born into money, but that money was fucking earned in the first place. Shooting down inheritance because some people can't parent their kids is fucking ridiculous m8.

That is a monumentally Jewish viewpoint for a Trump supporter.

Yeah nigger and the Jew is who?

You have to be pretending, either continue the train of discussion from this post (I have conveniently quoted it for you since you seem to have trouble with IDs newfriend) or fuck off and eat paste you complete fucking retard.

Mate this train of reasoning leads to:
The problem isn't how rich people behave, it's the system that puts them on a pedestal and lets them continue in their behaviour.

run cheap, hold ground, transport gear and troops, make bridges, clear mine fields

wew

tanks do happen to be one of the more reliable and efficient ways to destroy enemy armour or suppress and protect friendly infantry during an engagement with small-arms enemies, depending on loadout of course. that said this assumes that the air is not a concern (which it generally hasn't been since desert storm and even then it was hilariously one-sided) and the enemy is technologically inferior or at the very least does not surpass you, hence the tank vs. tank angle

with everything said though you are right at the end of the day. tanks are unnecessary in any modern conflict no matter how you slice it. if our enemies had tanks of their own it would be a different story but they don't

Not by the person that gains it through inheritance.

Stay on track, guys. The original argument was that rich people get rich from working hard, which I countered by saying that the rich are usually given their money instead of having to work for it. This is correct and impossible to deny, so you can stop twisting things around.

admit that you're a retard and we'd let that fuck up go

This gets me in the mood to get a VR headset and enjoy a comfy mech simulator game

You start nigger. You've added nothing to the coversation and you wanna act all morally fucking superior all the sudden and then cast it away when it's convienant. I have no reason to argue with you and return to logic if you command me to and refuse to do so. Get fucked nigger.

Again, who's the fucking jew here, because it sure ain't me, jew.

Yet you seem content to throw the baby out with the bathwater, there's a huge amount of fucking holes in you and your raid partners arguments.

Get that communist bullshit out of here you complete faggot.

Don't strawman me; it's fucking pathetic. I don't have an agenda. All I did was laugh at some dumbshit who thinks we live in a pure meritocracy. You should all join me in laughing at him, instead of pointing fingers.

Also, being anti-communist is pretty funny coming from a Trump supporter, when Trump is practically bedfellows with Putin.

I didn't, you man of straw,
you really are that fucking ridiculous.

kill thyself plebian

What's lacking in the argument that inheritance does not indicate merit? You don't "work hard" for your inheritance, this is very straight forward.

who cares?

what a waste of satan trips

a-user, stop..!

:3

wew lad

Do yourself a favor and look up what "strawman" means before you attempt to claim you didn't use it.

that's dependable, I would say though that most people just do not wish for their earnings to go to the government so they set up trust funds

I bet yours is cute with a bow on it

They don't get rich from working hard, they get rich from exploiting a system that only benefits people who own capital or large amounts of liquid assets and using it to produce neverending wealth while exploiting working class individuals. Inheritance doesn't play into it, what do you propose be done with someone's wealth when they die? Redistribute it to the poor who will go and buy stupid shit and remain poor? Give it to the government to fund wars? Give it to corporate cover organisations charties?

I give up with you, you keep saying I said things that I didn't say because you don't understand user IDs, you outright deny my post said anything of substance because you cannot form an argument against them, yet expect me to do all the argumentative legwork and somehow bring an argument that has descended into shit-slinging back on topic. You generally just seem quite happy to keep the argument in the toilet as you derive more satisfaction from "witty" insults zingers and "gotcha" moments. You've formed the worst possible motte and bailey argument imaginable by first insulting those arguing with you and slinging shit when you can't form an argument. Then when they resort to it because clearly the discourse has collapsed, you suddenly return to the high ground of the concerned and serious speaker condemning insults, ad-hominem and general tomfoolery, declaring victory over such mischief. You're arguing in bad faith and you're a complete retard, fuck off and stop posting.

What the fuck Holla Forums? THERE ARE FUCKING MECHAS AND YOU'RE USING THE THREAD TO TALK ABOUT SOME FAG'S RELATIONSHIP WITH PUTIN.

Faggots arguing about economics like we can't read Wikipedia or something, back to Holla Forums or >>>/bl/

Give up with this entire board and go back to yoru circlejerk on tumblr, you come on here saying dumb shit and you get called a dumb shit.

It's that simple, this isn't your hugbox, if you don't like it, fuckin' leave, no one cares about you.

OC

archive.fo/yP3fj

Why are you posting a Jew? They inherit shit too. You faggots even complain they do.
You can say "I don't care if inheritance does not indicate merit" if you want, just stop acting like it does.
Stop trying to whitewash everything, not every fucking thing you believe in needs to be perfect.

lol

Is it possible to re-rail the thread or is it too late for that?

The fact that you don't know why is the reason you don't belong.

The problem isn't that "jews are rich" the problem is the fact that they fuck over other people to get rich. Working, really working to get rich isn't a sin. But demanding that people give your their inheritance or to some conglomerate because you can't stand that some people have gotten rich is a sin.

dump mecha

More zingers and empty accusations. I'm sure doing exactly what I said you'd do then acting smug fills you with satisfaction. You've taught me the important lesson not to waste time on people as retarded as yourself. Thank you kindly Mr.Newfag.

The more attention you bring to it, the less posts there are about mecha. So stop being meta and respond to posts about mechs. It's pretty fucking simple to rerail, just ignore.

The conversation will continue because more people are interested in politics and not FUCKING MECHS LIKE THEY SHOULD BE, but I suppose we can try.

It's more an issue of Jewish nepotism. They get rich by hiring their families and relatives into positions. The money helps them secure it.

the treads are a proven means of locomotion that allow for decent maneuverability over rough terrain. by default I would say that design is superior, but the centaur design is the most sensible regarding actual walking stability.

This doesn't change anything.
Rich people fuck people over to be rich, it's not exclusively a Jewish act.

All I am saying is there is no merit in gaining an inheritance.
If you want to say that doesn't matter, fine, but don't make it out like there is merit to it.

Armored excavators backed by tanks or snipers make huge ditches near bases to prevent suicide bombers from driving a vehicle and blow it on their faces

There is no Trump, there is no lib. There is only Z E O N.

bye, faggot.

ye
how about organic meatbag mechas, does that count?

What if we built a mech with the power to remove political arguments from Holla Forums?

There is no solution. There never was any solution. I never proposed any solution. I don't even fucking CARE. All I did was claim "the rich don't work hard to gain their money". Fuck; you're almost as bad as the other guy, putting words in my mouth because you have to argue with everyone around you even if you fundamentally have the same viewpoint about something.

It's like arguing with kindergarteners in here, except instead of blathering "Shut up! You're a faggot!" and sticking their fingers in their ears, they bring out a phone and text me emojis and dank memes.

Imageboard culture was a fucking mistake.

Then go off to your "superior" tumblr hugbox you faggot

Go
awaaaaaaay

flesh is just another form of machine

So what are the practical applications of mechs other than be totally radical to use? About the only two uses I can think of are for combat purposes, seeing as they could become more versatile than other ground vehicles, and construction.

NOW WE'RE TALKING

god bless these chinks wasting away in their engineering labs

Members of a business are paid based on how much revenue their actions generate for the firm. They don't get paid 300 times more than you because they work 300 times harder than you, they get paid 300 times more than you because their job is 300 times more important than yours. Go read a first-year economics book you fucking douche.

Then they should just say the boss is more important, not a harder worker.

I'm not the feminine or submissive type, tbh, sorry if I mislead you. That said, you're probably right, lewd user, would you like to find out?

sure thing babe

Well, fuck, aren't you a cutie. I already had a semi from the thought of real life mechs, you better stop now if you don't want this to get full-on naughty.

Except it always seems to be the bottom end that effects positive change in any company.

One of the area managers in my company argued for months that 1/x always equaled 0.5%, regardless of the value of x. Goes without saying that it was a woman, and a diversity hire on top of that, but that bitch makes five times what I make, just to fail at middle school mathematics.

you're possibly right, better show me your ass instead

Except there is no evidence CEOs improve a businesses performance. The last decade has seen huge numbers of CEOs laid off by failing businesses and given giant golden parachutes. The whole thing is a complete farce, and hell, even if you had a sliver of a point, do you think a CEO is more valuable to a company than 300 other workers? I'm sure a mining firm is much more reliant on some useless suit than machinery operators, surveyors, geologists and engineers, oh wait. Suits are literally the older and more established version of useless diversity hire HR departments, except they get paid more.

If we focus on business owners, they literally do nothing but own things that can be used to make things. Once someone breaks into the wealthy by exploiting the working class their family will often remain wealthy for 100s of years due to a "glass floor" that arises once you become wealthy enough. Wealthy European families from 600 years ago are still wealthy today, even if that wealth was produced under feudalism rather than capitalism the point still stands.

The descendants of some fag like Mark Zuckerberg will be wealthy hundreds of years from now because he mined data from retards and sold advertising space. Your descendants if you have any will still be working hard to make money for scum, or alternatively barely human welfare sponges living off a universal basic income, or lastly dead because their labour was no longer useful and they starved or were purged by the wealthy who had no use for them and view them as a threat.

HA HA HA HA, no. They get paid more because they make the decisions on who is going to get paid what and are the ones that meet with the investors.

A good manager is worth something, but not 300 times more than a good employee. Remember a manager is like a support class, they don't produce, they just help optimize the production. You see how much a CEO is worth when the works strike and the business grinds to a halt.

Method, because it is the only one that can climb. High and dry master race > mud-rolling peasants.

Four legs are actually more mobile and have better balance. At the size you'd expect a mech to be, you'd need 4-8 legs if you want shit like jumping while still being able to maintain stability and being able to afford losing limbs from the knees being shot out. Truthfully whatever innovations you could come up with to make a mech work you could put into a tank, and the subsequent tank will outperform and utterly school the mech.

While we're rerailing, that image called something to mind that I've been meaning to ask. Here's a question for any /m/echanons.

Beside the obvious answers of 'the 603rd Curse' and 'IGLOO is a supplementary series,' why exactly did nothing whatsoever come of the Zudah after the Saturn engine was entirely fixed for the Dom series, in spite of the Dom presumably running it at far higher power outputs to run its gigantic thermonuclear anklet turbojets- which propel its 80 ton ass at 240 KPH in full boost on the ground, going by vague Gundam wiki numbers- compared to the Zudah's singular main thruster & multiple maneuvering thrusters, which propels its (probably only nominally) 60 ton ass at 720 KPH? For that matter, why did nothing come of it well before then? Did it not occur to anyone to just rate the engine down to unreasonably high combat speeds until it became possible to run at maximum power? Even last-ditch engineering by Zimmad and Zeon remnant maintenance made it work swimmingly in the EMS-10F version. And we'll dispense with the idea of tooling rationalization, because Zeon had no problem going any number of directions in terms of proprietary mobile suit platforms with non-interchangeable parts, so supplementing or phasing out Zaku production in favor of a slightly more expensive yet exceedingly high performance suit that removes some of the need for the various other this-is-no-Zaku extra high performance productions is comparatively reasonable.

The Zudah in its prewar format was, essentially, a mid-war high performance grunt mobile suit. The differences between the EMS-04 and midwar EMS-10 are minor, mostly cosmetic frills and some armor cast reshaping beside the extendable forearms & movable bayonet shield, which offered tremendous ergonomic benefits as far as quickly seizing weapons and spitting out big fat shaped charges at enemy battleships & mobile suits thanks to the built in double Sturmfaust rack, plus a nice backup melee weapon, developments made in a vacuum as far as state funding goes. It was a suit with proper high mobility mobile suit levels of zippiness, furthermore, probably on par with late war offerings, even better if you don't mind taking certain risks. Its only weaknesses were that its armor was a little light- which might come down to the design overall being very leaned out, as well as declining the external power cables of the Zaku as most mobile suits do- and that its engine tended to go full flying crowbar and subsequently explode for unknown reasons. Both problems could be solved, and the latter in fact was. The Zaku, meanwhile, would take a successor rebuild, variant remodeling specifically for high mobility, and/or a Universal Maintenance Plan refurbishment in the Zaku Kai before it approached similar performance levels.

So why did Zeon rush into the cheaper version of the weapon that was supposed to be its ace in the hole, with no perceived successor necessary in the near future and also no successor possible unless they got into a total war footing, a situation they'd like to avoid by winning swiftly? The Zaku WAS capable of doing the job quite nicely, and it was by freak incident of plot that the Earth Federation managed to both reverse engineer mobile suits and get a psychic space autist (one of many to come) to completely wreck shit by bumbling through on luck and precognition while his prototype high performance suits' learning computer figures out exactly how to kick the shit out of other mobile suits, but why settle for less instead of using the Zaku as a stopgap while seeing where the Zudah goes? Even Third Reich procurement screwiness, a very probable inspiration as in other Zeon suits, never got quite this bad. The closest analogue I could think of would be ditching the Daimler-Benz Panther for the MANther after a night of stressed deliberation when Hitler was thoroughly set on the former before a whisper campaign and one final terrain test that showed the DB had a bit of trouble with traction in mud due to narrow tracks and the Germans hadn't seen just how cramped you can make a three-man turret through the T-34-85 just yet, but that was a case of Hitler being misled by a few people in procurement with biases saying that the MAN offering could be brought into production faster and with an existing turret, while DB still had to develop theirs, along with a new diesel engine to match Hitlers' demands for fuel rationalization.

But the debacle around that was less around the tragic loss of what was for the most part a better vehicle, if one with less wiggle room in weight for growth, and more the delusion of a smooth transition into mass production and the idea of its being a necessary lynchpin for the coming Battle of Kursk delaying said battle for the worse, when the DB probably could've gotten into production in a similar timeframe to the MANther with less hiccups, seeing as they were far more experienced in making medium tanks and wouldn't be so foolish as to, say, carry out an uparmoring at Hitler's insistence for longevity of survivability in the East and not also strengthening the frontal suspension so the torsion bars don't snap like twigs and not insisting on getting the Tiger I transmission or a similarly rough & tumble piece, any at all, rather than going with a second-rate-but-available one. This is more like getting the Panther plopped right in their lap fully developed in 1938 with its OTL engine flareup problems exaggerated a bit, and getting snubbed completely for the newest run of Panzer IIIs. Or 1934 and the Panzer I, going by the actual number of years they had in the pre-OYW to fiddle with it. I suppose it's just what happens when your extended universe gets away from itself now and again & makes some continuity problems, but the Zudah deserves better than that. She's beautiful. And if I was more like certain anons in our midst, I would marry that giant robot, but as it is, I do not swing that way, and will be just fine sating myself in more wholesome fashions. Like getting a stiffy shredding GMs into technicolor composite armor slag. Like NORMAL Zeonic pilots.

my penis is reasonable
but i would seriously rather have a small penis and a combat mech than have a reasonable penis and no mech. Actually no i wouldnt..

Holla Forums you really need to be less obvious

no military on earth would ever be so stupid as to field what would basically be a massive target with less armour (and less stable) than the other massive targets we already have, which is not only harder to hit but is a better gun platform.

The only use Mechs will ever have is to be used on mars/moon missions for heavy lifting as cranes and the like are far too big to get into space.

and maybe robot boxing

I bet you think pentagon wars was real

Guntank is the realest nigga

Let me rephrase, what is every ifv ever.

more to your point

Eat shit

Nice use of reverse psychology, leftykike

Mind you, pretty sure the mechs right now will go the Patlabor/Heavy Gear way of design, rather than fuckhuge mechs that are entire armories on legs with T H I C C plating.

This Zeon shilling is getting out of hand.

Kill yourself. You lower the quality of this board with your shitposting.

Well, yeah, because if you make something that can take a good hit, someone else will make something that can go straight through it.

Even in the fast Armored Cores, you saw this logic, as energy weapons did a much better job at piercing primal armor, and kojima weapons just strip the primal armor off completely.

IFVs have a distinct role on a battlefield.

A Mech does not.

Ah yes, this will end well.

the only thing strong enough to cause an emp is a nuke going off in high orbit and even then there's protection against that nowerdays

No worries, weebs, when a working battlemech finally pops out you can bet it'll be western or western/chinese, not jap shit.

They're a multi-purpose super-heavy weapons platform, one designed with adaptability for the most part. And to imply that there's no such thing as a purpose built mech is absurd to the point of being shitposting. A passing knowledge of Gundam will show you that, melee, heavy, aquatic, high performance/ace variants, space combat, etc and so fourth. Depends on the setting.

Well the great thing about fiction is that you can simply say EMP-resistant paint or lead-lined system or whatever techno-mcguffin.

I'd love to see mechs throwing nukes at each other, like a mech football. Nukeball.

TLDR: the only "possible" use of mecha in combat is to basically make a Metal Gear

Thanks for contributing Kojimer

Those were jews, not your average rich guy

You mecha faggots are delusional. The next big thing are high earth orbit navies.

While mechs are retarded for a large number of reasons, EMP isn't one of them
Most military equipment these days is EMP proofed

It'll get cancelled when they get sued by Harmony Gold's lawyer squad, though.

How do they do this? Faraday cages?

We already have anti-EMP tech. It's called lead. Lining stuff with lead will stop an EMP.

Of course it's a (1) that brings Trump out of nowhere

Slimy kike

Lead is amazing. It even stops people.

So what happened to that promised Kurata vs American mech fight this year, the year is ending?

we're likely going to have that in space combat

wut?

I think it's pretty amazing the level of bullshit people will feed themselves to pretend mechs will ever be viable.

Slapping on arms to pivot your guns rather than putting them on a turret adds weak points and makes the cost sky rocket. Slapping on legs reduces the speed, increases cost, adds weak points, reduces stability. This talk earlier about how a "seasoned soldier can improve aim" is insane, it's not as if they would be firing their weapon in a body suit like your anime.

Mecha is cool, don't get me wrong. But it requires you to ignore a certain degree of common sense.

There's not even really a niche for them to fill anyways. There's a future in exoskeletons definitely, but at that size it's going to be stuck in the streets just like a much cheaper but probably even deadlier tank.

the opposite is also true

just give me a giant fem mech to cuddle with and ill be happy

Get ready to be DOMinated.

Aside from the guy bringing up EMPs I haven't really seen any fundamentally flawed arguments against them. There are just no real benefits to them, the closest to a viable design that I've seen would be the Tachikoma.

assuming we can get them to a stage where they handle like a human, you don't see a benefit for a platform which is adaptable? assuming of course

I mean that's good enough but it's a bit too human, I want more machine and definitely something more modern looking, with designs you'd see on actual electronic components. Like gpus sticking out of her head or something. Unity's Adam is pretty close, just give it tits and hips.

Or just give me Jehuty.

Boston Dynamics has made some great headway, but it's not realistic to think they'll be able to operate on the size of a mech. The larger shit gets the weaker it is, an ant wouldn't be able to support its own weight if it was scaled up to our size, it would require an insane amount of power to move at viable speeds.

Finally, what's so adaptable? The ability to add different weapons? Take a look at what we do with our own vehicles already, we slap fundamentally different weapons on different platforms all the time. We've slapped flame throwers on tanks, missile launchers on jeeps, AA on APCs.

assuming the video in op is legit then we've already got something fairly large which can support its own weight, all be it like a new born but like a new born these things take time

not necessarily but more then likely yes

Finally, what's so adaptable? The ability to add different weapons?

the ability to pick up weapons and use them on the field rather then going back to a machine shop to refit it entirely every time

Which weapons?
Even for basic small arms infantry are resupplied and outfitted via major bases and logistics chains, not by picking shit up off the field
Most of the time that's never an option since the enemy doesn't want you using any ammo/equipment that gets captured, so they tend not to use the same weapons/caliber/etc

th…?

iiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

It can support itself, but it moves slow and clunky as shit. It's not just a matter of being able to stand, it has to move well. Even in a best case scenario, it requires significantly more power to move a bipedal system than if they just lopped them off and replaced them with treads.

It's easier to bring two vehicles with two different weapons than to make an over complicated system that will likely smash apart on any real recoil. It's cheaper, and it's easier. People have eyeballed the cost of a half decent mech and ignored most of the R&D issues, putting it at something like 80 million last I checked. An M1 Abrams costs 6.2 mil.

Which is a better investment, a mech that will likely cost hundreds of millions and a logistics chain, or just a handful of tanks that cost a fraction as much? Honestly this reminds me of the segway of all things. You're trying to create a device for a problem that doesn't exist. The mech is not a direct upgrade to the main battle tank nor does it solve any problems we are currently facing.

RESPECT THE ROBOT

What the majority want is not black or white like you retards are arguing.

What most people want is a scandinavian dreamworld where you get money to live a comfortable life even if you are lazy or disabled.

And if you have the will and ability then you can rise above the masses to a point, so that you are maybe 10 times as rich as the average person.

We do not want people with billions on bank, cutting throats and abusing loopholes to make billions more.

To get this type of world we need to reduce the population to the point that we get a post-scarcity economy.

Wanna cuddle

are you really telling me soldiers wouldn't take ammo or equipment off of their fallen comrades

merely the act of being able to pick up things and put them down again without much trouble warrants it to as it allows for more things

sure but until it's shown that such a thing cannot be improved then I don't see why people shouldn't try

mechs aren't going to be a thing till much later on and so the economy may be a much different situation then it currently is

Which is a better investment, a mech that will likely cost hundreds of millions and a logistics chain, or just a handful of tanks that cost a fraction as much?
everything in the military has a logistic chain mate, that's kinda a moot point there although the question on the whole is pretty silly since tanks are a proven concept while mechs aren't even on the drawing board

not at all, I'm wanting innovation and giant robots

too futuristic, not ladylike enough

that feel when 24 years old and still havent gotten my mech license yet

Doesn't matter. The hydraulics, circuitry, etc for arms, legs will ALWAYS be more expensive than a basic turret that pivots. Complexity is expensive, full stop.

Yes except where does it get that second gun that gives it the adaptability? Does it drag it behind it? No, realistically there will be a convoy that gives it the second gun to begin with. Meanwhile you can just send out two vehicles, one with an AA system and one with HE shells and call it good should the situation call for both AA and anti armor.

Is that new Gundam game is any good?
I know it's PS4 which I'm avoiding buying until there's at least 4 or 5 games- and even then fuck paying for online. Hoping for PC release, but is it OK for those who doesn't watch Gundam? I liked the look of the customization, but the gameplay is conflicting (a "spray & pray" style 3rd person shooter- or was that guy playing like shit).

Regarding IRL mecha- if it has any remote control capabilities (which it probably would. If the pilot dies, you need to retreat or self-destruct to prevent the tech being stolen, or just drones)- then doesn't it risk being hacked?
An army of mecha designed to defend- turning 180 & attacking your own people would be devastating.
Mechas should probably be more akin to a tank in terms of controls. As little computers as possible, and the only communication is radio (not attached to any computers/drive systems).

all the new designs are lawyer friendly

I'm not sure your point? WW1 tanks were the first of their kind, and did very well at blocking and attracting fire from infantry, the T-35 never saw production and was considered a bad idea by the soviets anyway, also a tank with a fair bit of armour. Heavy Tanks are also heavily armoured (surprise!) and as a result they were slow and big targets, easy pickings for any modern missile system (which is why no one uses heavy tanks anymore), and warships are giant targets which last 30 minutes in combat vs modern missile systems, there's a reason the US has ships made purely to shoot down incoming rounds.

A mech is a giant target which can't be armored without making it slow as fuck, it can't hunker down in cover, it can't be covered up, it's a giant "please rape me in the ass" target that can't take hits without getting fucked up in one way or another (which a tank can for the most part), so unless you had an entire squad with dedicated roles purely to protect your mech, they would be fucking useless.

There is no practical use for them that isn't already filled by Tanks or IFV's, which are smaller and cost less to run.

The type of mech that could work out if the "giant suit of armour" type.

A giant powered armour that mimic the users movement.

It can be made immune to small arms fire and autocannons like an ifv.

It is a expensive way to defeat weaker opponents when you cannot bring a tank or just carpet bomb the area.

Tachikomas when?

The future of warfare is drones. Smaller, cheaper to make and less politically costly (no one cares if a drone gets destroyed). Modern missile technology has already made the battlefield dangerous for tanks, and it's questionable how effective active countermeasures will be.

This
Even if we had a huge tech jump, it'd still be way cheaper to make turrets rather than limbs which would be easily disabled just due to wear and tear

Wow. I thought we would be past bullshit like that in 2017.

That's awesome. I want one. I want to blow some shit up.

those basic turrets aren't that basic but here's the thing we already use robotic arms in lots of different industry, diggers for one and they're much cheaper then tanks are

it could carry it

They're not built to survive a hit from a 120mm cannon either.

The only one that's out, aside from rpgs, is Breaker 3, is that what you mean? It basically plays like a musou game but with way, way more options, and those usually already have a great deal. You don't really play it for the actual combat, it's more about making your oc donut steel mobile suit. Being a fan helps a lot, but it's not necessary, since it's common for people to bash together nearly anything in it. The only thing else coming out is the next Gundam VS, which is sort of like Virtual On.

RESPECT THE ROBOT

if you're going to say we can have two vehicles then you can also say we could have two mechs, each with a specific purpose. On top of that, it's not implausible for a mech to have racks on its body to set weapons down and pick a new one up. Either that or each arm has individual purposes, in which case you could just build a four arm system where two arms on each side pilot their own weapon system

doesn't mean it can't be done

Then expected their cost to balloon. Mechs will likely never be a reality. Power armor might become a practical feature on a future battlefield, but we'll never see MS buzzing around.

what do you even mean with that?

There is hope for Holla Forums after all.

inb4 these things are used not for war or construction or so forth, but instead used for the newest sport that /sp/ will shitpost about for ages to come.

ayy lmao
Resistant sure, but sure as fuck not immune.

Not saying they are. I AM saying they are far more simple than producing a hand capable of picking up a gun, with sufficient durability to not be damaged by recoil, and with enough control to actually handle the weapon.

Yeah, nothing like this though. A digger has a scoop, not a hand. You are grossly understating the complexity of fine motor movement.

Are you fucking serious? It has 3 major joints that move a scoop, not a fucking hand. On top of that a tank is surrounded by armor and hardware that surprise, a mech would also have to have.

A digger is made to dig a hole, not to take hits from heavy weapon fire. When you ignore concepts like having to make sure the crew can survive, yeah the price plummets.

Great! So now we spend the astronomically higher costs of making it able to waddle forward, reducing its speed, and increasing its vulnerability! What does giving it legs actually -achieve-. That's the million dollar question and ya'll have danced around it.

And why don't we do that with tanks? Hell, let's make a jenga tower of turrets! One can have a flame thrower, one can be for anti armor, and the one on top that does a disco show for moral!

This. I'm more hype for mech boxing and mech pro wrestling than any other application.

Uh ok.
twitter.com/negativisme/status/808641537697423360

Is this some sort of propaganda? No way this is true

have you ever seen a car factory?

sure

merely an example

well it's up to the crews skill on how they survive more often then not

Have you? They do the same task, on loop. It's much easier to design a factory line than to create a hand that can respond dynamically. None of these have the dexterity of a hand, which is what your proposal requires.

Yeah Im sure the reactive armor and all of that is just a quality of life measure.

A micropenis is considered to be 4" and less. I can't even believe how people even have a max dick length of 5", so I'm calling bullshit.

the point is maneuverability, cars have a hard time going over road blocks and steep ledges. and while legs aren't going to fix everything, if you make legs with feet that work like ours you can have a tank that can get wherever you need it to. Hell, you can make a tank climb a mountain at that rate and use electronic optical imaging to create a tank sized sniper that can precisely take out critical targets with a rail gun. Treads wouldn't be useless, but a machine that had legs would be a step forward as far as bionics and robotics goes. Also, intimidation; people are scared of things that look like a human but are as big as a building. You think anyone's going to fuck with the first fully operational mechs? That shit will strike fear into enemy lines, which was the best tactic a warlord had against his enemy.
but..we do that with tanks
Tanks with a topside machine gun and a main cannon with multiple smaller arms littering the front and back and sides has been a thing for a long time, are you fucking retarded?
and going up from here
you know the human arm has 3 major joints, two bones that pivot to create hand rotation, and hands are 14 jointed appendages off of that 3 jointed arm? It's literally the problem of putting a hand onto an arm, and that is not a problem at all, we already have bionics advanced enough to create prosthetic hands, robots aren't that far from our grasp.
actually, let's talk about that too, even if we forget the hand, creating a gun arm isn't that out of question. Also fine motor functions aren't really required for guns more often than not; have you actually held a gun? The main parts of the hand you need are the index finger, the thumb, and the rest of the fingers and the palm create a firm grip. You just put the joint necessity down to 8 joints. Also, recoil can easily be knocked out with balancing and making the palm of the mechanical hand firm and soft to take the shock into the palm while it retains a sturdy grip on the weapon, you know, like a person. On top of that, don't you remember that we have guns that recoil was put into just for the feeling of it? Making guns without recoil isn't some magic dream either. All the problems you presented are things that we have already solved, we just haven't put the technology together.

robot toys then

insane shit that stuff is

I can't find how much it costs but I doubt it's that much since you'd need to replace it everytime you're hit

To move at a decent pace requires long strides, aka a higher center of gravity. Higher center of gravity means it flips more easily. So it's going to be a stubby legged thing that slowly waddles forward, full of joints that will break if anyone glares angrily at them.

Yeah, great design.

There's a future for man sized walkers such as the stuff Boston Dynamics is putting out, but expecting something with the mass of a tank to climb a mountain is a hilarious notion.

A LMG=/=heavy weapon. You're proposing two people sit in tandem and shoot some shit like auto cannons. Dumb idea.

And there's the problem. Again, while a hydraulic powered arm is going to be full of issues, establishing fine motor control WITH durability on a reasonable budget pretty much stops the concept in its tracks. It's not a matter of just lifting the gun, but being able to continue working after it fires a cannon.

It's fucking easy to make an arm swing back and forth, it's another question of being able to pick up an egg, crack it into a bowl, then fire a deagle and operate without issue.

Which is nothing like he suggested. At that point you may as well scrap it and slap on a pivot turret. It's cheaper, less prone to malfunction, has even greater movement of range.

Which neuters its velocity. There's a reason why recoilless rifles have fallen out of favor.

That's great. But it costs more. Its easily broken. It solves no existing problem. Sure, it's great for prosthetics and all of that shit but you are trying to solve a problem that isn't there.

That's the end all be all. Even if we can build this mech, we can build many tanks on a smaller budget that perform just as well if not better. All this fancy shit like waving around gun arms serves no purpose aside from wank material.

I don't understand why we were baited this hard, we're smarter than this

Wow that's a really good argument. Great job, keep it up!

stay mad and RESPECT THE ROBOT

It's not like it's a new concept. Fire gets too big? Blow it up. It's just one sliver of what I'm talking about either way, we do a lot more than ship people out in a box of iron with a big gun.

Not mad, since I'm not the one with unrealistic hopes. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect walkers and exoskeletons to become a thing but it's unrealistic to hope it serves as anything more than a tool for infantry rather than substituting actual vehicles.

Side note, it would be cool to see people doing a cavalry charge on these things.

Get a bunch of a marines drunk and it will happen. What I'm really concerned is that some of the klang degenerates will try and defile the machine.

sure give'um a medal when they're a pine box

You seem to be laboring under the notion that I'm against drones, armor. Creating overpriced, easily crippled vehicles will not prevent young men being sent home in a box.

We can always cover it in some form of fake flesh to turn them off.

not what I'm notioning

KEK

Oh shit!

Mechs have been real for a number of years now.

Just prohibitively expensive.

Only dirty commies want that.

No, because they won't be able to lift shit without breaking. The problem of area vs volume applies here as well. There's a reason mobile heavy lifting equipment is made of solid metal components weighing tons even though we've had the ability to let computers control fifty hydraulic circuits at once for ages.

Joints are weak as fuck. Splitting something that could be solid with joints only makes your shit weak and useless unless you make they joints way, way heavier than the parts around it. Hands are literally only good for manipulating objects made for humans, and they don't make those that big.

Are you retarded? Modern tanks weigh around 60 tons and there are new platforms both ordered and under development as we speak. They are not the cakewalk to kill you like to believe, and countermeasures are getting better all the time. It's rather anti tank missiles that need to step it up or become irrelevant.

escaflowne.wikia.com/wiki/Guymelef

respect the robot

youtube.co/watch?v=2YKFS4tAhI4
WE SPACE 'NAM NOW BOYS

COME ON AND SLAM
AND WELCOME TO THE 'NAM