Point and Click Adventures

What are some of your favorite games in the genre?
What are some of the most bullshit puzzles in the genre?
LucasArts or Sierra?

Worst puzzle in history.

Scratches was bullshit in terms of game design, but they did get the atmosphere right.

Meaning that it was really fucking spooky.

Olmec a cute

gabriel knight had some bullshit ones

Wasn't there some weird puzzle with a spoon, or am I thinking of a different game?

It's the overall game design. You have no idea what you are supposed to do for the better part of the game, and then there's bullshit like you having to go to sleep during a nightmare sequence to progress. Because sure, you wanna go to sleep when you hear music that is ominous as fuck.

ib4 marxism

the dig and full throttle are my favourite point and clicks ever.

yes. absolutely horrible.

Sierra and Lucas are different genres, so you can't compare a game in which you can die and one you can't.

Lucas Arts' Loom is one of the good ones.

The LucasArts games still had fail states every great once in awhile.

Torin's Passage was a defining feature of my childhood. I also played the newest Monkey Island games and they seemed fine to me. Then there's a really basic point and click on GoG called Lilly Looking Through which I thought was really well done even though it was two hours long and clearly not targeted to grown adults.

Sam & Max Hit The Road. It still cracks me up. It had this bullshit puzzle involving magnets in the Mystery Vortex, where one of the magnets is hidden on far right of the screen and you have no visual clue the screen can even scroll (last pic, seriously, how are you supposed to know there's a third magnet?! Fuck this puzzle)

the only way it could have gotten and more bullshit than having to piece together a conversation from loosely affiliated sentence fragments to trick a guy into opening a gate (in an early chapter no less) is if they had made you build it from the fucking timecodes with distance between words needing to sound natural

I never played the originals, so I've been playing the King's Quest remakes from AGD Interactive.
fucking nice, if a tad obtuse when it comes to finding some things. Multiple solutions to puzzles is also nice

Agreed, but as per your pictures, the VGA version is an atrocity.

The getting the gas was worse.

Pretty sure only the earliest ones like Maniac Mansion did.

broken age is actually pretty good, like it has 2 stories in one game, how amazing

Weren't there a few parts in the Monkey Island games where you can get Guybrush killed, like if you took too long when he's tied to a rock and thrown underwater?

Pajama Sam because that and Freddi Fish are the only ones I've played.
Both have comfy as FUCK atmosphere

I think that's more of a joke than a way you can actually lose, since he brags about how long he can hold his breath.

One I've had my eye on is Botanicula, since I enjoyed Machinarium a lot

any y'all play fester mudd? it was pretty comfy

My grandma likes murder-mystery type games and I think she's confident enough to handle a graphic-adventure game. I wanna give her something of quality to play since she's the kind of person who would go on google and download anything.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Frogware's Sherlock Holmes games

Ghost Trick

competent, god damn it

I played murder at the abbey a long time ago. it's kind of boring compared to other games, but it has strong writing going for itself. he might find it fun

Hmmmm….

Deadly Premonition

Since everyone will be posting ancient games, I'll do everyone a favor and post something decent that is new.

Daedalic games have pretty mediocre puzzle design, but their art makes up for it.

is that memoria or what's it called?
is the second one any good?

Yeah, it's Memoria. Memoria is better than the first game from what I've seen. They're both okay if you are going in for the art and atmosphere. That part of it is VERY good. If you like Dark Eye setting you'll love it. Puzzles are kind of weak, but I've never particularly liked the puzzle aspect of adventure games so can't really comment on it.

sounds good. I'll give it a shot, tnx

IT INVOLVES WANTON DESTRUCTION, ITS FUCKING AWESOME AND BASICALLY you are fucking FAGGOT if you dont play it

The VGA version for PC sucks, but the FM Towns version has all the missing content as well as being VGA. Have you played it?

you niggers need to play death gate
just don't get the DOS version or your eyes will bleed

No but I played Freddy Farkas Frontier Pharmacist

is it any good?