Has there ever been a good anime based on a game?

Has there ever been a good anime based on a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=225901
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dragon Pink

No

Are VN's videogames?

/thread

too bad the mango is missing the final chapters

>>>/reddit/

On a tabletop game, sure, TV series notwithstanding. I thought it was ok

Do movies count?

SF2 and KOF had great anime movies

Name one good anime then

Viewtiful Joe had a pretty good anime, even thought Captain Blue Jr was annoying as fuck.

But yeah, an overwhelming majority of anime is complete shit.

This is my pool. I forgot to add my text because I am in my pool. All of the people in my pool are me

Senran and P4 were okay, Blazeblue was a travesty but Holla Forums doesn't even like blaze or P4 anyway.
Do visual novels count as games? Otherwise this thread is basically over.

haha nice pool :)

What I watched of the ZoE anime was alright

I am my pool.

pool's closed

Naruto :^)

There's Dragon Quest obviously, supreme baka gaijins didn't get it.

Gotta add that to my "to watch" list. Reminds me of the FF OVAs. They weren't bad for 10 year old me, and "Brotherhood" wasn't terrible either, though it was probably a waste of money for squeenix.
14 year old me thought Unlimited was irredeemable shit though.

There's an active raw torrent on nyaa if you want to grab it.

Hopefully it'll stay active until I get back from vacation. Thanks for the heads up.

Kirby
Sonic X if only for the ability to see Tails have to kill the only person in his world that likes him
Super Mario Bros. Super Show

Phoenix Wright was just a dissapointment.

Video game adaptions are so hard to animate. I had hope for ufotable with Tales and it looked amazing as expected but like anything ufotable it was so soulless.

only the greatest anime ever made

Sure there is mah boi

that is a big fucking field of nothing, can you imagine that actually being your backyard? So much mowing.

Nice dead meme fam

Hooooooly shit that was awful. It should have won some award for bringing down anime as a whole for how shockingly bad it was.

No.

It's pretty alright for an 80s kids show but it ain't anime.

Who's this cutie?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. RIS brings nothing so I'm just posting it places so it gets attention.

This is all I get https ://imgur.com/r/amateur/V2bJ8Od and https ://www.reddit.com/r/Amateur/comments/50ak1v/ice_princess/, but only the same photo

D-does someone ever turn into a panda in this anime?

The darkstalkers OVA was bretty good.

Wakfu
Boners, laughs, feels; it has everything.

not PSO2. IIRC one of the older Final Fantasy anime was pretty good.

The majority of anything is complete shit. That's what makes the decent shit so special. If every hollywood film or video game was incredible then we wouldn't be able to truly appreciate either one.

Nigga that shit is French. We're talking about anime here. Not knocking it, cause it's good, but it ain't anime.

Yes.

Sonic OVA.

Was it animated in Japan for Japanese audiences? No? Then it's not a damn anime.

No, Wakfu is perfectly in line with the spirit of 90's french cartoons, centered around delibarately immature puns (potache humor) and characters. For french anime, see Code Lyoko.

Tell me about your tastes in chinese cartoons user.

Wakfu is animé

I remember watching a dub version when I was a kid, it was on ABC back in the early 90's.

Both Ys OVAs are pretty good.

Has there ever been a decent Final Fantasy animation? It seems like one of those things that should be difficult to fuck up, but it gets fucked up every single time.

Gungrave

Give it up. It was never subbed and the group that was working on it quit ages ago. Unless you know moon, you're fucked.

Gungrave. Far better anime than both games.

[email protected]/* */

red arms, doesn't protect herself from the sun
2/10

My personal favorites are (In no particular order):

>Kyousougiga (Because good animation and it's fun)
>Nichijou (Because of fantastic animation and fun S2 neverever)

There are more that I enjoyed, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Steins;Gate is pretty good, Amagami is great, and there are a few more VN adaptations that are okay; that's about all I can think of

shit taste

Rage of Bahamut (Shingeki no Bahamut) was decent, especially since the game was mobile shit.

:(

It's basically the only "anime" worth watching unless you're an ADHD little shit.

Nigga, if you're going to go for Satoshi Kon, be so kind as to not associate with anime you recommend on good animation and that's it. That's like recommending foie gras with your plate chock full of fast food.

The only one that I recommended purely for its animation was the monogatari series. Either way, we're talking about 2D animation here. Arguably the most important aspect of an animation's worth is, well, its animation. Sure, an animation that has no worth other than its appearance will never be as great as one with a compelling story along with good animation, but shitty animation and art design can easily drag down an otherwise great show/film.

This came to mind too. Now we're getting that Granblue anime. We'll see how it does.

miyazaki is pretty shit tier

Do Virtual Pets count as games?

Also Monster Rancher was good.

Anime and cartoons are the same thing, anons. They are just drawing that move in a screen

And lest I forget

anime just means cartoon

Was there actually a KOF anime movie? I'm guessing you meant Fatal Fury.

Ixion Saga DT

Based on the Capcom game.

This memelet you've posted got me interested in watching that whole play. Unfortunately it's kinda hard to understand them due to the accent.

Lodoss was great. It's still technically based on a video game as there were video game adaptations imo

This. Gungrave was great and sad

Stop exaggerating.

Yes, user-kun, we already fucking know anime means cartoon, but thank you for sharing your intimate knowledge of glorious Nippon culture anyway. We, ie non-Japs, do not call every cartoon an anime. When we say "anime" we refer specifically to a Japanese cartoon, which they call "anime".
You might as well say Steamboat Willie is an anime, which makes you sound like a fucking retard and a weeabo in conversation. Anyway, fuck off.

devil may cry anime

If you put the English dub on Nip games just for the cheese factor,dubbed Disgaea may be for just for you. Laharl's voice is just Barbara Goodson making her Rita Repulsa's voice,I love it.

I'd say maybe a couple of the street fighter movies were good?
Show wasn't but the english opening was a lot better than the Japanese.
I can think of several anime based on games but I wouldn't call them good.
I'd call them not bad to ok.

If you count visual novels than I'd say there are quite a few good ones.

I want to say Tower of Druaga but I think I may be confusing it with DanMachi aka the boob ribbon anime.
I feel like I dropped Tower of Druaga 7 years ago when it was first airing and I can't remember why though?
Can't find any good download links and it seems it's been dubbed since then.

I second this
The DMC anime is a cool look at the kind of jobs Dante gets when he's not saving the world like in the games.at least until the final 2 episodes

Zone of the enders
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the abyss
Dead space

Was the adaptation of Valkyria Chronicles decent?

The show jumped to shit after the first episode, just one huge disappointment.

Sonic Underground
Doom
Super Mario Bros (1993)
Postal
House of The Dead (ultimate Bollkino)

I've never dropped an anime that fast. I've watched all kinds of shitty anime over the years but that one takes the cake.

>a anime

Virtua Fighter
Good shit

Ask a jap how "cartoon" is translated to japanese.

Someone please post the QUALITY gifs

I only got one gif but it's a good one

Decent? Yeah it was okay. No masterpiece but it was certainly enjoyable. Grab a torrent and watch a few eps.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=225901

Would you watch an anime series or movie directed by Bazz Luhrmann

Wont lie, I loved that Hentai. One of the first I ever saw.. Pink is still smoking hot.

I remember the Street Fighter 2 anime movie was pretty awesome. Great fight scenes and the Chun-li shower scene.

Because

LOL GONZO

Does Dragon Pink have good rape?

I guess? It never came off as very rapey, but Pink essentially gets molested by whatever monster is the antagonist. The Naga using the Dildo Cobra on her comes to mind. There is some consensual sex too.

The anime was really shit. I don't understand what possessed them to make it about a high schooler playing PSO2 instead of an actual character in the PSO2 universe. They could have even kept the shitty school setting by making it a training academy for ARKS or some shit.

The ovas of VC3 are better, to bad it didnt get a full season

The Ys anime was bretty gud.

The Sora no Kiseki anime was hot garbage though and the only thing worth a shit about it is the unique arrangements of some songs.

I watched it from beginning to end and forgot what the fuck I was expecting. All I know to ask is, what the fuck were they thinking?

wakfu

This is SEGA we're talking about. They're quite possibly the most incompetent developer/publisher when it comes to how they use their properties. We're talking about the company that got approached by a developer that enthusiastically offered to make a new JSR game for them and they flat-out refused.

Also the same SEGA that asked what people wanted from them, and when everyone shouted PC PORTS OF YAKUZA AND YOUR OTHER EXCELLENT GAMES, they just fucked off and disappeared.

We already had this convo. Wakfu ain't a shitty cantonese cave drawing.

That's nice, here's a translation that's equally accurate.

Jet Set Radio Future PC port

NEVER.
FUCKING.
EVER.

Shuffle!

:^)

The translation is accurate
t. someone who speaks french

FUCKING THIS

You are either French, Canadian, African, or Arabian, therefore kill your self or go start a

but thats stupid. steamboat willie doesnt even look like an anime except for the eyes

Languages can be learned without being born in the country they're spoken in.
Kys you uncultured swine.

Just because two countries have things equivalent enough for one to be translated into the other doesn't mean those things are the same. American apple pie is nothing like french tarte aux pommes, for instance. Same general idea, totally different items. Same goes with anime/cartoon and cartoon/dessin animé.

Muh japanese cartoond folded 6000 times with superior steel

Isn't that the anime where a dickgirl mecha is in love with a bara DILF?

Fuck no

I'm sorry, unless you're an ADHD little shit OR you just want to masturbate to some naive alien girl who fell from the sky. Better?

JE SUIS ANIMÉ
HON HON HON!

Probably because you forgot to mention the best anime this season offered.

pardon

Dante saying "fuck" doesn't seem right at all.

(checked)

Laughter. Go watch Ping pong girls.

Definitely not Steins;Gate. It'd be good if there wasn't a harem of bitches

Dragon quest animus were great.

Mah nigga!

Does it have good rape!? You bet your ass it does!

I guess my only problem with it is there isn't enough rule 34.

No it wasn't. All it did was focus on Donovan who is the most uninteresting character in the whole game! I'd take the American Darkstalkers cartoon over it (And says a lot!)

Bayonetta got an anime. It was shit

wow that id man checked

Anyone here watched F-Zero: GP Legend? No idea if it's good but it's certainly videogames.

its true the mango ends in a cliffhanger? or are there missing chapters left?

Fucking flag keeps following me into every new thread. Post was not meant sarcastically, I seriously do not know if it's good or not.

I guess you could say the whole series fell off-course.

Yes it is.

It's very episodic, and even kid friendly, there is an overarching story but almost every episode is self contained, final race in the last episode was pretty epic.

What comes to mind when someone talks about that one.

There's a god awful KoF miniseries, based on Maximum Impact characters.

Shingeki no Bahamut. It's based on a shitty mobile card game or something, you'd never expect they'd make such a good anime out of it.

The shuffle anime is SHIT, why did they turn Kaede into a yandere psycho?

Lodoss is how the GM envisions the campaign, Slayers is what the players will turn it into.
i love them both

does anybody know if the Fire Emblem anime is any good?

I love Wakfu/Dofus but it is pretty clear that OP meant "japanese cartoon, from japan". Wakfu is heavily influenced by anime and partly produced by a japanese studio but it is not what an english speaker means with that term.

Also Power Stone had an anime but I have no idea how good it is.