Game mods and fanmade expansions

What are some good game mods out there? Apparently, this mod for Rebirth was supposed to be out today, but the website antibirth.com/ is already offline.

Other urls found in this thread:

s3.amazonaws.com/antibirth/download/antibirth.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What team would be dumb enough to make mods for BOI in it's current state when Afterbirth † is coming out and it will have official modding tools and shit?
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait and have full control over modding the game instead of reverse engineering shit?

Well if it's a giant overhaul or something I don't think it would matter either way.

Edmund is giving them early access to the mod tools of Afterbirth+, so the release may have been delayed.

Yes…

Because edmund mc millen is a shit head and will patch things to not work, which he did when afterbirth came out and pushed out a patch for rebirth that broke nearly every fucking mod so more people would buy afterbirth.

According to their site, they are going to try to find a way to patch their mod to work with the official expansions

JA2 1.13
Fallout 2 Restoration Patch
Fallout 1.5
Arcanum Restoration Patch
GMDX
Temple+ for ToEE
Wesp's patch for Bloodlines.

Tried OP's mod out and it does several things that are simple yet Edmund/Nicalis have been too lazy to implement, such as actual palette variations on enemies instead of hue shifting. Considering he's been talking about assimilating mod content into Afterbirth+ I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this eventually ended up "official". I guess it's the same story as always: don't worry about making the right decisions, the community'll do it for you.

Can anyone else get into the site?
Is the download hosted on site or is it somewhere less fucked?

s3.amazonaws.com/antibirth/download/antibirth.zip

Papa bless, may your garlic butters be plenty.

Why is it so difficult for people to find a person who can write shit that doesn't read like a pile of dogshit? I'm reading this boss description and it's making me cringe.

Back to Reddit, Jew lover

And why do you know where that's from?

Doom is full of these. I'll just mention Reelism, which turns it into this wacky gameshow kind of thing. It's ridiculously fun, and has loads of different sets of weapons, enemies and boss fights.
There's also Sven Coop, which is a Half Life coop mod. It's free on Steam and you should be able to play through the whole of Half Life without owning the game, but I haven't tried that. Unfortunately from my experience it's a little crashy.

It's not dead. I took interest, installed it and streaming it now.

twitch.tv/rottenhuman_

Polite spoiler to cover up a channel plug

damn that's a really good trailer for being fan made. Also true coop looks fun, because the way it's implemented now sucks.

I'm done for now, going to have to work out a few glitches before I continue.

The mod seems to up the tickrate of the game randomly every once in a while, plus a few of the new bosses are stupidly unbalanced.

It's good quality, but needs more playtesting.

Everyone knows that dumb fucking memelord. Get out you vapid cunt.

Oh sure they do. Fag.
Mod in the OP is pretty good for the record, got a flying butt that farts on things. It's like Farting Baby except not shitty and useless. Is the new chapter actually in yet or is it "coming soon" like some of the challenges?

It is actually in, you just need to not suck to see it.

Is that guy some kind of remix or is it part of the official OST because it sounds pretty good.

*that song

Ah I see
I'm going to hazard a guess that the four button room in the mines is where knife part deux is, ja? and the right combination of button push is a fortune, isn't it?

If anyone is interested, the stream is back up. This mod's music is fucking amazing.

Movie Battles 2.

This mod is just amazing.

It's a remix of the original's main theme

The Overhaul mod for the Evil genius game.

The only issue I have with it is that it gives you money way to fucking fast, making the game too easy.

I hate two things about MB2:
1. They ditched the fuck out most of lightsaber combat mechanics from original academy
2. Most people play on Duel of The Fates like its De_Dust 2 or Blood Gulch, other maps are rare to be popular.

Let me say you this - original CTF from JA is more fun than this mod.

Truly that was the golden age.
Also the original JA is good for Jedi vs non-Jedi, but when fighting other Jedi it kinda sucks. Blocking properly and actually being able to use agile or walking style is really good. They managed to merge Prequels and OT saber duels and make it look good.

You know nothing about how JA duels are good, that's too bad since this is the most fun thing in the game. Entire community was initially built on dueling.

What? There was real golden age of this entire game, maybe around 2006-2008 or so.

See? Instead of blocking there is only jumping around.
In MB2 jumping is ok, but not if you abuse it or you'll get wrecked.

user, that would turn the game into Mount and Blade.

Fucking casuals those days, can't even evade lightsaber with mouse sensitivity set to one billion.

Also instead of blocking parrying exists in JA, you can allign your saber to your opponent saber if you can do this in milliseconds, do it for long enough, and then ditch the saber out of opponents hands. Don't remember which part of that is part of JA+ or the base game though. The best defense is a good offense.

Yeah no.

Oh wait. Seems like I was just casul.
Time to reinstall

go play jedi knight 2 you fucking casuals, then you'll see how lightsaber combat should be done

Its called a saber clash, finally remembered. It can even result in a struggle between two foes.

I did. 10/10 level design.
Also a real Jedi Temple.

Nah fam.

Do romhacks count?

If so, Hyper Metroid and Project Base; god DAMN that handling and that open-ended map

night bump

As usual, the de facto way of beating BoI challenges is to cheat.

Despite or because of how shitty gaming's been recently we've been getting tons of good mods. We got Antibirth, GMDX v9 is coming whenever the dev gets off his backside, STALKER Gunslinger finally started updating again, Mental Omega update released and the C&C Generals scene is still going strong, style switcher for DMC3 had a big update a couple of months ago, mentioned Temple+ which came out this year, there's shit happening on all fronts.

You had to cheat? Double trouble isn't even a particularly hard challenge.

I meant missing the point of the challenge, like in this case getting Judas' Shadow and rolling the whole thing without needing to care about twin management.
I hope you don't think I mean actually cheating. That would be a really fucking dumb thing for me to post about.

Enderal my nigger

been listening to this for half an hour now

damn isn't it good

Not an argument. :^)

Europa Barbarorum if you like history. Diaspora if you like Battlestar Galactica.