Serious question regarding the FF7 remake, I already have a feeling they're going to fuck it up...

Serious question regarding the FF7 remake, I already have a feeling they're going to fuck it up, but my question to you anons is do you think there's a way they could not fuck it up, while also trying to go for the same sort of playstyle they seem to be going for?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyberConnect2
nichegamer.com/2015/12/21/scenes-like-the-honey-bee-inn-to-be-carefully-implemented-to-final-fantasy-vii-remake/
thegg.net/general-news/sjws-wants-to-remove-tifas-big-breasts-from-the-final-fantasy-7-remake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They already fucked it up. It isn't FFVII in any way except for the story, which might not even be much like it.

Nomura could lead it to the end and have it with good game play like KH2 has. Hey, at least the original will always exist - and apart from a few poser ff6 faggots, we can safely agree is a great game with a lot of great moments.

The only way for it to be good is to go all-in on the action playstyle. You can't half-ass it. You're either hardcore turn-based like the original or full on critical mode KH2FM. I think they're going to mess it up by trying to land in the middle like they did with FF15 and end up with something that isn't that fun to play.

Then again, Nomura really never disappoints me in gameplay, so I'll cautiously watch from the distance til we learn more.

I'd actually like to see the choice to play as other characters. Shit I think it'd be fun as hell to play as Red XIII and have your attacks be eating the fuck out of enemies. Or even having the game switch to a gungrave knock off if you're playing as vincent.

What's it like knowing that the NES Demake will probably wind up being more faithful than the remake?

Nomura-senpai may actually just give the remake what he intended to do with FFVersus, so it may be decent.

At least they arent going to remake my favorite FF

Yet.

Fuck that. Its fucking over. Its going to be over the top gritty hollywood tripe with shitty kh combat

what could go wrong?

This game is pretty much targeted towards people that want the FEELING of FFVII, but not the turn based nature of the original.

And that's basically it.
I'm ok with it because anyone here that played KH2FM on Critical mode knows it can be fucking awesome.

However, if they go the FFXV route, it'll be boring.
Either way, good or bad, it won't be possible to discuss it on Holla Forums so anyone interested will have to use /vg/ to try and understand if it's mechanically decent, so that's the end of that.

if i want the feeling of FF7 i play FF7. faggot.

It's been confirmed that you can select which character to control. This was when the small pieces of combat video were released.
I'm totally going to main Blade Vampire Hunter - I mean Barret.

Don't worry user, they'll remake 13 soon

I'm already very, very cautious about the whole episodic releases. Especially since, if I remember right, the first one is only Midgar.
As well as how they'll handle the really bizarre monsters/giant monsters, like the Weapon fights.

There goes the last shred of hope I had for it.

The only, and I mean ONLY way I'd be okay with the episodic releases is if each episode comes out for free, and they not only don't cut content, but add a shit ton of it.

True, but most people don't.
Most people remember the aestetic, characters and overall atmosphere of FF7, and the plot, but they don't go back and platy FF7 because in our modern industry, people that like turn based combat are the minority.

I remember the PSX era.
I remember turn based JRPGs being killer apps, system sellers, i remember the idea of a turn based JRPG being THE game people purchased for their systems, in terms of content/money ratio.

That era is far, far gone.
Turn based JRPG enthusiasts are now a niche, and mostly relegated to mobile hardware.
Thus it makes total sense for squeenix to go back to FF7 but approach it from the ARPG angle.
You won't like it, and it's completely normal for you not to like it, as you're the minority, and thus not their target audience, as you wouldn't give them money regardless.

Considering we've estabilished that going the ARPG route is the logical step to take in this modern market, the question here is:

-Will they actually let Nomura work and make the gameplay fun like KH2FM

-Will they let someone else on the project handling the gameplay and it'll turn out boring middle of the road FFXV

Those are the only two options this title has.
I fully understand that you, and everyone like you that wants a turn based JRPG won't be happy no matter what, but i also don't give a single shit.
Nor does squeenix.
Nor does the rest of the planet.

Don't shit up bosses with QTE, don't fuck with Tifa's tits and make Kingdom Hearts for Meleefags gameplay.

For me, the deal-breaker aside from NOT FUCKING UP THE TRANSLATION (Wall Market shenanigans included) is the Gold Saucer. If it's missing, or worse yet, GP is bought with real money as DLC, it's going to be dead for me.

All the minigames involved should also be present in the main story as normal: G-Bike (99% guaranteed to be there since there's that mobile version), snowboarding at Icicle Inn, the Fort Condor strategy minigame, the submarine attack, and we can't forget the slap fight atop the Junon cannon.

Many concede that Midgar is the best part of the game and that it would've been better if it was fleshed out more maybe taking the entirety of Disc 1 for it. If this first part entails an improved Midgar I'd be happy. But I'm having my doubts for this… I don't trust Squeenix to heavily invest into developing many new things for Midgar.

Even if it's not fuckawful from the perspective of gameplay, story, or censorship and/or other "modernizations," the fact remains that they're selling it in episodic format, which is pretty much always terrible. Remember the decade of Lightning? I bet they can milk FF7 for 15+ years over multiple console releases.

And don't give Cloud his post KH personality that's basically just Vincent in Clouds body.

I completely agree with the minigames. I also wouldn't mind a separate cosmetic thing where you can buy different clothes for your characters just for fun.

Fuck yeah. Also, marshmallow (sailor) uniform for Barret all the way.

I'd really like more than anything to be able to make Tifa wear a big wooly sweater.

They could not fuck it up by:
1. Proper translations
2. Don't touch the plot, unless its to fill a hole that was already there.
3. No micro-transactions.
4. More shit like items, enemies and places.
5. First episode can be full price, IF AND ONLY IF they have a 60% off voucher included for the next episodes.
Should they meet all five of these stipulations then they can change the game play and still garner my support. Until they fuck up again.

Holy fucking shit, kill me please

I'd be surprised if something like that didn't happen at this point.

I forget sometimes how much fun the original game was. Didn't cloud call him a teddy bear?

He also puts on a falsetto voice through the entire affair

cloud is one of the best characters ever

Nice digits

FF7 will be their new Kingdom Hearts.

Were you not paying attention during the PSP, PS3 era? FF7 has had at least half as many spinoffs.

C'mon take a fucking walk out of Holla Forums or actually interact with people outside your home since the '90.
Nobody is THIS sheltered on industry and consumer trends.

It's already confirmed that they changed the gameplay, so no.

A Kingdom Hearts game with jobs (or FF7's loose analogues to jobs through Materia ie the Blue Magic materia) is really all I want out of this. I'd love to see how a Dragoon or a Blue Mage would translate to that kind of game; hell, even if Cloud played like the Mystic Knight he was slated to be in the original versions of the game with being able to enchant his weapon with black magic and deal Blizzaga damage with physical strikes for instance.

But NEVER EVER

'A bear wearing a marshmallow' was the quote, IIRC.

It's going to be fun listening to the sassy 'know-it-all' Cloud. Hopefully the scenes in Beginner's Hall are voiced - his quips during tutorial parts were pretty snarky.

Who said they made enough?

Ayyyy

I was assuming it was going to be fucked up but then I played FFXV, Dragon Quest Builders and World of FF and enjoy all of them. Square Enix has been hitting it out of the park in my opinion. FF7 remake can potentially be amazing if they get the right blend of old school and new school design sensibilities just right.

Can't wait for lightning with blonde hair

You'll never enjoy the greatest taste sensation if you don't install the best DLC ingredients.

3D ruined FF

They're going to totally fuck it up. In the original, Cloud is a cocky son of a bitch who's pretending to be way more competent than he actually is, from the video they've released, in this he's a mopey broody faggot.

I'd be fine with them remaking 5 and 6 the way they remade 3 and 4.

Oh shit we can't have that. We need to have the ultimate flavor experience

what is the name of the Gladiolus song?

Nigga, 80% of the children on this board haven't even played the original. If it's a failure, Holla Forums will celebrate like crazy, because that's all Holla Forums cares about. Failures. If it's just okay, it's the biggest failure ever. If it's a big success: "Gaming is dead!" so it doesn't count.

So why do you give a fuck what Holla Forums thinks about a game that isn't even out yet? It's just going to be fanboy as fuck opinions.

Yeah, some of us were off playing good games as kids.

So you want FF:Type Zero.

What? I never saw any similarity. If I remember correctly, there wasn't even any juggling into aerial combos like KH2, which is the kind of control and flexibility I'm talking.

Just with a bunch of exploits and cancels you can do.

I feel like the main way they could fuck it up is by making Cloud depressed like in Advent Children. That shit made sense in the movie, as Cloud had no idea how to move forward with his life and had lost his grasp on who he really was. In the remake that wouldn't make sense, however, as Cloud had taken on a mix of his own and Zach's personality by that point. The trailers make me worry that they may be going that route, which worries me, but then again we've barely seen any footage of the game and Cloud's attitude in the trailer could just be interpreted as being serious about his work or distancing himself from Avalanche.

The battle system itself intrigues me. It seems to be similar to Crisis Core's battle system but with the limit break RNG replaced with a meter. I enjoyed Crisis Core's system, so I'm pretty on board with this. What I'm wondering is how they'll incorporate summons into this. My bet is that summons will operate on a cooldown timer, so that spamming Knights of the Round doesn't become a thing.

I'm sort of apprehensive about the whole "episodic" thing, but supposedly each episode is supposed to be a full-sized game on their own, so while I'm not particularly happy about it, I'm interested to see what they add to justify it. As long as it isn't 64 extra gigabytes of fetch quests, I'll be happy. I really hope they use it to flesh out many of the characters who didn't get enough time in the original, such as the original Avalanche members.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic. I can't believe that Square Enix would do anything to intentionally harm the game, and many of the original team members are back for its development. They even got the original scriptwriter back. I really want this to be good, as the original holds a special place in my heart, but even if it's bad we'll always have the original.

He also had magical goddess cancer with literal emo side effects.

Nojima never quit and he's only partially a script writer. Different sections were written by different people, including nojima, nomura, toriyama, kato, sakaguchi

Nigga it's already fucked.

square isn't even making the game(s) as far as i understand.

its some 3rd party studio that has made shit ports

not even bull shitting

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyberConnect2

the real people working on the game

Oh this trainwreck is gonna be beautiful.

CyberConnect2 is perfect because they've churned out several failures of JRPG shovelware games.

Yeah, I think this site is officially unsalvagable now. Too much reddit and cuckchan here.

user we've all seen the gameplay demo
you are looking for hope
where there is none

.hack is shit, GU is shittier, I'm not apologizing just because you're triggered.

Fair enough, but regardless they do have a lot of the original staff back for this game.

It's gonna be successful like FFXV. And that will be really grating because It will most likely be an overhyped downgrade comparet to FFVII except in the graphics department.

That isn't going to mean shit when new buisness policies and ideas keep getting in the way of creativity

CC2 is known for making good looking, albeit simple, games. Gameplay-wise I don't see how it can get worse than FF7's battle system which is pretty damn basic outside of the materia system.

Like said the story is at the most risk for being compromised.

I don't think it'd be censored if CC2 had any input beyond being a mule, Squeenix will definitely fuck it up though.

Fuckyou

IT'S FUCKED

IT'S ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FUCKED

FUCK YOU

Cup Noodles or Maruchan Instant Lunch?

Maruchan comes with more vegetable pieces and has a stronger "chicken" flavor to the broth. Cup looks and smells better, has a weaker broth but with a bit more range

You're not funny you autistic retard.

The forms must be maintained.

As far as I know, they're cutting all the wacky enemies for "muh realism". I can just see the aura of stench this cash cow is generating before it even clears the hill of release. Just mod the PC release of the 90's version.

Well that just ain't right

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT

What happens if they wind up going full DmC to both west and east?

See? This is the aura I'm talking about. It's just article after article of terrible decision making. If memory serves me right, the guy responsible for the original soundtrack (was it Nobuo Uematsu?) wasn't even asked to make a return for this remake.

Oh, easy: they'll blame the fans. Clearly today's gamers just don't appreciate a classic brought to new life by a modern team of buh buh buh nonsense. Everything about this is a gigantic mistake and no one will ever take responsibility for it.

I'm talking about straight up insulting both markets when there's backlash over whatever they do to the girls as well as all the episodic and more "serious" shit like the more comical enemies that have been removed.

You make Cloud the anime character he is supposed to be.
He and the rest aren't supposed to be hyper realistic abominations.
They're supposed to be anime.

All it would really take for me is an asthetic change like that, but I know more people would rather see Japan try and ape western devs in an asinine pursuit of realism.

Not it fucking isn't. When FFVII was originally released Final Fantasy wasn't a fucking system seller. JRPGs were not popular. That changed with FFVII.

Remaking it as something completely different isn't logical, it is asinine. It is completely out of touch with what millions of FFVII fans actually want. The reason they are doing it is because they are cutting costs. They are obviously reusing one of their ARPG engines with a FFVII coat of paint. Additionally marketing heads think that Turn based RPGs won't sell anymore, when the truth is that there hasn't been an attempt to sell one to the mass market since FFX. They abandoned the formula. Players didn't abandon it.

It's dead op, i'll also go out of my way and assume that Barret's Mister T personality will be completely changed.

Rather than making the combat all fucking metal gear rising, just make it more cinematic like that Odyssey game did.

Source, faggot. Everyone already knows about changing the combat.

I don't have a source at my hands right now.
You'll just have to beLieve me.

Oh wait, i do have a source;
nichegamer.com/2015/12/21/scenes-like-the-honey-bee-inn-to-be-carefully-implemented-to-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

thegg.net/general-news/sjws-wants-to-remove-tifas-big-breasts-from-the-final-fantasy-7-remake/

Tifa's tits alone would cause Star Ocean 5's backlash to immediately get overthrown and crash sales in Japan. And that's not taking into account the tons of people elsewhere in the world that would boycott an already shaky looking remake.

dubs for truth

Fuck off, the entire 3rd act of FF7 Cloud has gotten his sanity back and he doesn't act mopey or depressed, he acts like a gung ho, confident action leader because he realised he fulfilled his dream of becoming a hero and saving Tifa even though he didn't remember it, that was the whole point of the scenes in Clouds head. The whole depressed Cloud bullshit is from his KH appearance where he was fucking infused with Vincents personality for no reason. That's the Cloud that SE decided every fucking spinoff should have because in the mid 2000's when that compilation crap was coming out emo was the most marketable thing on the block. The result is we now have a public perception of Cloud as being emo even though he never had anything like that personality in the original game, before or after getting Zack out of his head,

Why is Holla Forums full of nu-males now?

FFVIISerious question regarding the FF7 remake, I already have a feeling they're going to fuck it up, but my question to you anons is do you think there's a way they could not fuck it up, while also trying to go for the same sort of playstyle they seem to be going for
FFVII is shit so it doesn't matter. Anyone that likes that game needs to be removed from the gene pool.

In the 3rd disc, Cloud get his shit together mostly thanks to feeling important. He is the only guy on the planet who has the technical and human ressources needed to stop the apocalypse, since Rufus skinned Shinra trying to stop Diamond.

He is buffed, he has good friends and a big guy, he is trying to avenge the death of his GF, and save all humanity. He is basically cruising on adrenaline.

Then he saves the world, everyone fuck off, he has no job and has to deliver packages to survive, he stops working out, Tifa adopts a stupid kid, nobody seems to care that he saved the world except 3 cucks at Shinra, his GF is still dead and he is slowly dying of space AIDS. Cloud being depressed in AC makes a lot of sense.

Nothing in AC makes sense. AC being a thing doesn't make sense. Considering crappy spinoffs churned out to generate a profit off of losers to be vital canon doesn't make sense. We might as well start taking the Turk mobilegame for dumbphones as canon. Stop eating garbage.

I never talked about canon or said I liked AC. Relax.

What was FFXV even like anyways

Also isn't this remake episodic

Jeez dude

You totally misread the relationship between Aerith and Cloud dude. There's no love triangle in FF7.

The biggest issue I have with FF, and this is more directly aimed at Square are their English voice directors. Their current ones need to be fired because they do such a shit job, pulls me right out of the world. If they do theat then they will be half way there for me. The other half is making the combat satisfying to play. I really enjoy the ATB materia system in FF7 so this is going to be a difficult shift for me but I'm keeping my mind open about it. Those are the only major concerns I have so far.

FF6 was a better game anyways. You only liked FF7 because you were an edgy preteen faggot.

Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't

Ff6 was good, but FF7 was hella epic.

Point proven

Advent Children is bad.

I played several of the .hack games as a kid. I remember liking the story, but hating the game itself for being boring and grindy as fuck, especially the post-game.

Nissin top ramen chicken flavor fam

FF6 and FF7 were mediocre in their own ways, FF9 kicks the shit out of both

FF6 is like a prototype for FF7 in many ways. There are a couple things it did better, but it isn't a better game. FF9 on the other hand is a boring, typical fantasy slog attempting to pander to traditionalists who hated 7 and 8. Dragon Quest VII filled that niche far, far better.

shit tastes detected

Dude DQVII is fucking bland as hell.

FFIX is a piece of shit. Shit characters, shit combat, most boring score Nobuo ever made, boring ass plot, and awful pacing. The only reason FFIX is liked is because of hipsters who want to pretend it is anything like the earlier games, when saying that is actually insulting those earlier games by associating them with garbage.

I'd ask you to actually articulate yourself, but considering that your only argument is "it's all shit and i'm not gonna tell you any more then that so trust me it's all shit", I don't think you will.

I'd liken FF6 as a prototype to FF8 in mechanics (GF/Espers) and to FF7 in general aesthetic and setting. FF9 I appreciate for fixed jobs, Zidane not being a sack of sliced wrists like Squall was (only FF protagonist to-date that's played grabass on-screen) and like you mention just generally being a throwback to FF4 and FF5. Hell, Steiner encompassing a load of armored-swordsman jobs (Samurai, Dark Knight, Paladin, Mystic Knight and Knight just off the top of my head) and general team-dynamics encouraging you to play around with character makeups to see what you can do with them gets it brownie points from me, along with the character-progression through weaponry that would later find itself used for Tactics and Jump/Blue Magic not being constrained to friggin' Limit Breaks.

Characters I'll give you to an extent since several of the protags have subplots that go nowhere, though they still generally go further than FF6's. Eiko being a White Mage/Summoner right alongside Garnet is questionable at best. Combat I hope you'll complain is bad in FF7 too considering FF9's is almost identical save for Materia, otherwise I'll just call you a 'tard here and now. Score's got a few memorable things but not a terrible lot I'd consider breathtaking to any capacity (battle theme is one I could think as using sprucing up), plot's a hell of a lot better than most FFs, pacing I thought was fine.

Eiko and Garnet are balanced differently, Garnet has way more attack summons, and Eiko has around 4 summons half of which that focus more on support, while being more of a White Mage then Garnet.

So Eiko mained White Mage, while Garnet mained Summoner, both have stats that support them doing one or the other role, again Eiko being the main healer etc etc.

I think it's well justified considering the sheer amount of party split up in FF9, and unlike FF8 where the characters are basically interchangable, FF9's whole shtick was that each character was specialized.

So not identical then? Also the "limit" system was better in FFVII even if it was overpowered. FFIX angry time bullshit sucks.

No it fucking is not. It's trash. It's worse than the FFs that barely had a plot. There is no way to take any of the villains or characters seriously. They are all gay as fuck with that art style and the "humor" completely throwing off any real care about the situation. I shouldn't want them all to die when playing. I shouldn't hate 90% of the characters. There is no other FF where that's the case unlike FFIX where there is so little to like about the game other than "hurr it returns to the roots, lol but not really"

we already know.
less content
episodic.
not the full story.
none of the gameplay.
cloud is even gayer looking.

I hope they make 3 more games about Cloud in a dress. The Lightning games were okay but didn't have much connection to FF7.

I liked Steiner when he wasn't a literal backdrop before disc 3.

FF7 is analogous to FF5 being able to shuffle around job abilities fairly freely, FF9 is analogous to FF4 where you can't, simple as that. Beyond that they both go with the same ATB system like every other Final Fantasy on the planet up until X. Also Trance's advantage is it amplifies the abilities already there or introduces new abilities, ie giving Freya Double Jump and Vivi access to Doublecast. More organic way of being able to deal tremendous amounts of damage compared to one-off super saiyan attacks, though I like the Limit Break system as well. My main beef with it is that class abilities (the aforementioned Jump and Blue Magic) are locked behind Limit Breaks when they're not useful enough or do enough damage to warrant being something you can use once in a while, so it sucked to see FFX pull that shit again with Kimahri and his Ronso Rages after not seeing it at all in FF9.

Jesus Christ, at least come up with a more elaborate answer than "it sucks i hate it", the closest you came to it was the the complaint about the general cartoony aesthetic and not being able to take the game seriously, but if that applies to FF9 then FF5 goes down the shitpot too with Exdeath being pretty goofy with his autism over muh Void and muh Rift and Gilgamesh intendedly being a goofy non-villain. Have some tendies and come back with a better answer.

FFV isn't a game I can take seriously either, but the gameplay makes up for that. FFIX doesn't have good gameplay. It has the standard FF formula you point out, but it isn't handled well at all.

As for the plot beyond just being something I can't take seriously, it isn't even a good plot. It's boring shit including everything to do with Kuja.

FFIX being the original style's swansong pisses me off so fucking much because it is something I want, but it was done so badly. Square was completely out of touch with what made the earlier games good, and the idea that the chibi graphics in NES/SNES games needed to be used in a PS1 game was retarded. Those graphics were due to limitations, not a specific choice. They had sprite size limitations and memory limitations to deal with. The character themselves did not look like that in the art. FFIX's characters do. It isn't like they made them chibi in game, but cool in the art. They are just like that in actuality. That's what they look like to each other, like a bunch of fucking children.

Isn't that what the added cut/added effect materia was for?

It can only be saved if its like KH2 Final mix

otherwise it will be shit

It's identical to FF7 in all respects but Materia and Limit Breaks which are replaced with fixed jobs and Trance, I don't get this complaint at all.

I don't really consider the plot any better or worse than any other Final Fantasy, even with it being a retread of the "two worlds" bit from FF5 mixed with Jenova's world-devouring from FF7. Kuja I think is interesting considering he's a literal manchild and not having a childhood fucked him up enough emotionally that he isn't stable enough to use Trance on his lonesome. I also liked it for having a rather clear-cut technological progression throughout the game, being powered by Mist is restrictive and occasionally dangerous so they're going over to steam/water power instead and other stuff like that. Band of actor-thieves, wiped out Summoners, eternally rainy city populated by rat-people. Good setting at the very least.

I always see what people mean by the characters and artstyle being reflective of the SNES chibi art but I've always considered it a radical artstyle change more than anything considering they really don't look like the overworld/battle sprites in NES or SNES games. Proportionate of limb, heads aren't huge to their bodies for most characters. They don't look like children, just more cartoony than the usual fare; hell, girl-face Zidane is less androgynous than Cloud.

Loads of jobs had Materia that would emulate their effects, but what I've got more in mind is set jobs or each character more readily aping the jobs they call to mind in the remake, ie Cid as a Dragoon or Tifa as a Monk being reflected through Jump attacks and self-heal/self-buffs. Cloud was a Mystic Knight in early builds of the game (and if I remember right his stat-growth is roughly analogous to that of a MK's even in the final) so I'd like to see how a MK would translate to a more Kingdom Hearts-like battle system, the Organization is really the only look we've got as to how some Final Fantasy jobs would fight in that kind of system.

Trance is shit, and the system where you learn skills from equipment sucks compared to the freedom of materia.

Plus you forgot that they increased the party size to 4, which screws up the pacing of battles thanks to the long as fuck animations for everything.

I already have a feeling that water is going to be wet tomorrow.

how does a mere mortal even conceive of such a perfect and beautiful character?

I don't even like IX that much and agree with you on many of your points but bitching about the Traditional 4 party members (warriors of light) is just retarded. fat faced Goat Eyed monkey boy Zidane make Tidus and Vaan seem cool in comparison

I thought this game was supposed to be good. Seriously it's driving me crazy what am I missing here?

that boss is SUPPOSED to beat you
and its supposed to be in a much darker environment; are you emulating a remastered version or something?

Its a forced death scenario I think. You can't beat Beatrix. The only strategy is trying to draw the battle out a long as possible so you can get a rare drop from stealing from her.

So in saying "fuck you" and just constantly healing, I found out you can't just wipe like I did last time, and it has to be a specific move. Fucking retarded. Also it's the Steam version, got it when it was on sale last time and never bothered to get around to it until now.

I take back what I said, that cutscene with Odin made it all worth it.

Eiko also gets Holy while Garnet does not, which gives her a higher damage/Mp damage/Time than Garnet does.

No, this is the 2nd fight at Cleyra, not the 1st in Burmecia.

odd digits I play FFIX
even digits I play Digital Devil Saga
dubs I play Tactics Ogre

gimme dat priest

Rolling

That's what they are now. You don't know or remember Ubisoft as the creator of Rayman and Prince of Persia do you?

What the fuck did you try to do

the game is a mixed bag, it had potential but its pacing is shit. You are on Disk 2 right? By the time you get to disk 3 you will be wanting to trash the game again. First time I played the game I actually got board and never finished it once I got to disk 3. Its The contrivance of the plot and the shitty load times before battles (in the original version, not sure if they are faster on PC) really suck. Almost worse then Xenogears but fortunately not that bad because disk 4 is actually kinda good. It ultimately redeems itself. I can understand why women and bleeding heart romantic fags would like the game just because the ending tugs at your heartstrings. But the game play compared to classic FF is still shit.

rolling

Too bad I just fapped.

FUCK THAT

ROLL

that's right lads leave the mimic for me

No.

maybe i…
zuck ya dick??

come on give me that chemist. I wanna slap them titties around.

FF5's hands-down one of my favorites. Shame FFX-2 was just idolshit since its continuation of the general Job system was probably the best version of it so far, I'd kill to see an FF5 remake with X-2's combat system.

truly the breastfag is the least civilized of men

Fuck off.

heheheheh dude your dubs looks like boobs

When will they remaster best and only good final fantasy game?

Niggers are retards that will fuck anything with a sizable ass, even if that ass is a cellulite-ridden blob attached to a pockmarked goblin.
You are the breast equivalent of that. I went down your list of FFT girls you wanted to fuck, and 3 girls in, I thought "he just wants to fuck the ones with big tits." Sure enough, you picked literally every girl with large breasts.
Of course all of the girls in that image were cute, but by listing every single girl with large breasts, it proves that you have absolutely no standards or want for subtle appeal. You don't care about the character designs, the outfits, the personalities they convey. Literally all you see are tits.
For that reason, I called you a breastfag. I now understand that I was too polite. You are a breast nigger.
A brigger.

There are all reasonably popular, user. And that's not even including the JRPG market, which destroys everything you're saying with one word.

your booby envy is showing user.

Nearly all of the people working for and running Squenix right now had nothing to do with FF7 or any of the games that Squenix built themselves on.

It's nearly all new faggots who have weaseled their way in every time one of the big name veterans left. Combine that with a ton of corporate fuckery and the internal poisoning caused by numerous acquisitions of shitty, god awful, soulless shit companies like Eidos and the things they've done to Squenix, and you end up with a negative amount of hope that the FF7 remake will be good.

what? please explain. you are the first person i have seen say this.

Bullshit, faggot. I picked the ones I liked the hair and posture.

All this from saying I didn't want that girl. Fucking kill yourself, you presumptuous retard.

ayy lmao

I can read your taste in women like a young adult novel. You are a predictable, boring person.

So now you're just going to be an arrogant insufferable piece of shit who don't know what the fuck they're talking about?

ooga booga love me some titties mane

Nigs like ass though you retarded faggot.

Make this easy, retard.

You ignorantly spewed shit just for saying I didn't like flat and try to accuse me of caring about absolutely nothing but tits. Then double down when you're immediately shown to be full of shit after typing all that.

Stop posting.

he didn't bitch about 4 characters, he bitched about 4 characters in the context of the increasingly lengthy attack animations of characters across PSX FF games. You bump up the party size back up to 4 and there's a 25% speed drop before you even factor in a bunch of other shit–couple this with how bad FF IX's load times are to begin a random encounter and we're talking about molasses-speed combat.

Jesus Christ Eiko is a terrible character and her plot was awful. Freya has nothing to do after awhile. Quina was the best and Zidane was a good protagonist for an FF game.

It was for linking with Deathblow on Tifa with God's Hand or Vincent with Sniper CR while having Luck Plus to get double-crit attacks every turn, or at least that's what I used it for. By the time you get Added Cut, Magic itself is kind of useless. You want MP Absorb on any of the few good endgame spells like Ultima or Contain's stuff so it won't go on with Added Cut.

The two worlds shit is what made IX's plot bad. It wasn't, otherwise. Everything felt like cheap asspulls after the mid-game like I was playing MGS4 or something.

dam girl lookin fine cuh aint tryna play knaw

Now this is desperate.

I bet you are also a furfag who complained about Cindy's tits on Neogaf.

Isn't it Cidney?

how new are you friend?
𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒

who cares?

The best protagonist in FF is Red Mage from 1.

rollin rollin

only in the early game, by endgame red mage becomes shit in terms of stat growth. Monk becomes the real powerhouse as long as you know about the armor bug and how to fix it/exploit it.

I just hope they remove that whole crossdressing segment. What purpose did that moment serve for the game's story? Why couldn't they just get Tifa or Aeris to do it?

its funny

Hint, hint: That won't be your last fight with Beatrix. And the same mechanics will always apply:

Did you play the game? Tifa was being kept inside Don Corneo's mansion, and Cloud refuses to let Aeris go in by herself since he knows it's going to be risky. Then she suggests crossdressing.
Besides, AVALANCHE's current goal in the moment is to interrogate Corneo himself, and the only way to get to him is by entering the mansion.

Here's an idea for magic, since they're obviously going to continue this action-style gameplay.

For some reason, I usually see nothing but hate for this on Holla Forums. Is just because "TPS isn't FF" ? I remember liking it, but that was a long time ago. Does it emulate well?

you're retarded

The story starts with AVALANCHE blowing up the reactor, murdering thousands of innocent Shinra workers and civilians. But it's ok, since Shinra are evil capitalist pigs and it's for the greater good. You fuck around in midgar, gather the team and embark on a great quest to stop Shinra and Sephiroth from raping the planet, but then as you go along you're revealed that it isn't as noble and altruistic as you were led to believe.

Cloud is essentially a vegetable controlled by a space alien, his mind being absolutely fucked after several traumatic events and experimentation by Hojo. His mind adopted the persona of his friend, because he sees himself as a worthless fucking failure in every respect, and Zack managed to become what Cloud wanted to be.

Barret is just using AVALANCE, Shinra and the planet as an excuse to fuck things up, because he's angry at himself for being fooled by them and cucking his town for "progress", which led to the destruction of his home town and the death of his wife and friend.

Tifa is a former martial arts master and beauty queen who's only achievement is owning a bottom dollar bar in the slums where she shows off her honkers and ass in hopes of getting enough tips she won't have to back to working in the whorehouse again. She knew all along that Cloud was full of shit about being in SOLDIER but went along with his delusions anyway because she thought he was doing it on purpose, and being around someone even more pathetic than her made her feel good.

Aeris is the bastard child of a scientist and the last Ancient, who works as a bottom dollar whore in the slums after her boyfriend mysteriously disappeared without a word, and she doesn't want to be gangfucked by scientists and their experiments until some horrid fucking creature forms in her womb, so she latches onto Cloud for protection and familiarity with Zack.

Red/Nanaki is a loser who ran away from his home, abandoning his duty because "muh' daddy did it too", and got set straight by Bugenhagen.

Cait sith is just a shinra employee who infiltrated the party but started feeling bad about fucking the planet.

Yuffie is the daughter of the emperor of a proud asian island nation reduced to a tourist location after being materia nuked. She's just there so she can take your shit and hopefully nuke Shinra back.

Vincent is just mad he got cuckolded and experimented on by Hojo.

Cid is a drunk wife beater who was supposed to be the first man in space, but the launch failed and Shinra cut the funding.

Now, the whole point of the party's motivation in the end is to get redemption for their past mistakes by killing Sephiroth and saving the world, because they're all fucking horrible people.

that is pretty much spot on ,except for the whoring bit and Aeris, you just left out that they nearly failed at the saving the world and large portions of it ends up being destroyed anyway, unless a gigantic meteor being that close to the planet cause storms and shit to only appear in Midgar.

wew
e
w

What's funny about this is both S and TH are correct transliterations, and it was only Square making a random ass decision later on that changed it to the much more stupid Aerith. Now it is treated like the original was a mistranslation when actually it was just part of modern Square fucking with old shit. It being Aerith officially didn't start until Kingdom Hearts.

Nah, she is called Aerith in the original Japanese manual. It's a mistranslation.

No, it isn't. Both s and th are the same in Japanese. It goes either way. It was transliterated to S in the American release for a reason. The name was never officially Aerith until Kingdom Hears. Aerith is awkward and stupid, because in English we pronounce TH differently. In japanese TH and S are practically the same sound just like L and R.

m8 I own the Japanese version of the game on PSN, and it comes with a scan of the manual. It was supposed to be Aerith from the beginning.

What part of S/TH are the same sound and indicated by the same kanji don't you get? It doesn't matter what the manual in Japan printed anymore than if they put Balett instead of Barett. There are many instances of this in Final Fantasy translations, let alone other products, many of which involve L/R.

For that fucking matter the Japanese don't pronounce it like you do, so transliterating it to TH is wrong. It is pronounced almost exactly like an S.

Aerith is the official transliteration, but the English translation team fucked up the first time around. That's why it's been Aerith since then. I dunno why you're so hung up on this.

Five years too late

By translating the same Kanji properly

Since Square-Enix decided the official translation is TH.

Both S and TH are the same in Japan. It's like flipping a coin as to which is proper, and Square had no problem printing full color manuals in english that said AERIS several times with rereleases during the PS1 era. It was only when nu-Square put out Kingdom Hearts with Aerith that it became "official" which is too late in my opinion to get autistic over someone calling her Aeris.

They'll fuck it up the msot for me if they add Crisis Core shit into the main storyline

or put in any of the spinoff characters into this game, I HATE all the spinoff shit

Why do you people have such awful opinions?

Reminds me of mario RPG.

The Japanese sound for ス is irrelevant here because every single name is western, which is why they're written in katakana in the first place. It's an approximation using native sounds for what the word is supposed to be.

It has every right to fail despite how simple the original game was. FF7 was a simpler RPG and like SM64 is like a tech demo for what RPGs could do in 3D. Considering the state of SE, it will no doubt be terrible.

Reminds me of Mario RPG like but it sounds like it would be fun as hell. I could get behind it.

Then why is SephiroS not a thing?

why isn't my dick up your ass a thing ?

I've been lurking this autism but that coup-de-gras made me fucking laugh.

Do you want it to be, faggot?

I don't know man, it seemed pretty obvious a question to me. Does Japanese have a character that specifically represents the English "TH" sound? If it does or not then this whole discussion has been retardedly autistic and all it's participants deserve a bullying

At least you didn't write koupdegrass

what game?

but Aerith is pronounced Aeris even if its spelled Aerith.

it is now!

it's going to be fucked up just looking at the title alone

I for one look forward to Emerald Weapon being fought in a quick-time event.

to answer your question, no, they do not. "TH" is not exactly present, the closest you would get with a Japanese pronunciation is something like ス or 'su' (which despite what it may seem sounds closest to "TH" in a native Japanese pronunciation). In fact, her name in Japanese is written with ス at the end, the ambiguity comes from the duality of that character, it more often means 'su' as in 'drop the u, it's meant to sound like an English 's' and we can't accurately remake that sound.'

There are all kinds of complexities like this with Japanese to English translation. You really can't know how something is 'supposed' to be written/said in English until you see/hear it from the creators themselves. That's why I almost prefer just using the Japanese names and pronunciations, you sound like a weeb but at least you don't have to guess and form a haphazard 'choice' about the sound it makes.

No, it is pronounced エアリス.

yes and エアリス is pronounced Aeris [eaɽisu]

which in Japanese could be either Aeris or Aerith, either is equally correct

There isn't a single part of your post that rebuts what I have said. It can be transliterated either way, has been transliterated either way, and was transliterated as S in the US and International releaseses of FFVII.

It being the opposite by happenstance in the Japanese manual and Square going with that are two different things. Square transliterated it to TH in Kingdom Hearts and then claimed that is how it is supposed to be as a concrete fact. The original creator was not present for this decision. Nothing artistically was decided in regards to her name ending with a TH in fucking english when she was made. The name was derived in Japanese first and then transliterated two different ways.

nuSquare just canonized the worst one of those and retards like you treat it like it was written into the story from the onset.

Let's start accepting engrish as canon in works then, if you want to treat manuals like they matter.

Because it is based off a real thing which ends in a T, not an s. Choosing which to use isn't some exact science. It very well could have been S if it didn't have anything else pointing toward which is proper.

"Flower girl" is slang for prostitute, though. Why do you think the Don's guards just let her walk in to the mansion and bring a female friend?

Maybe it's because it's not uncommon for them to see sluts from the Midgar slums, looking for work? It could even be a subtle joke by the developers. A lot of the staff thought the Honey Bee Inn was too risque for a video game but Toriyama wanted it in.

When has Square Enix never fucked anything up?

Only if it's a Japanese word in the first place, which it is not.

It's Aerith. Aeries derived from katanna which are used as loanwords to sound out foreign ones and the confusion comes from the fact that the Japanese alphabet lacks the "th" sound. Aeries is actually a retranslation of an approximation of a word already spelled out for you in English in the manual. In this scenario you go with the romanized origin word. Aerith itself like the names of some other characters derives from corruptions of hebrew words. Hers is likely derived from ʻīrīṯ (pronounced "irith") which is the hebrew name for asphodel flower. it could also be a corruption of earth given her connection to it.

The moron doesn't even know the difference between kanji and katakana. He's probably just parroting something he heard somewhere, without knowing why he's wrong.

What's going on with Nomura? Is Squeenix forcing him to not get involved with game design in the series, or did he just fuck off to go work on KH3?

Disregard this, I misread. Both of them are working on it.

if that isn't a god tier quest storyline I don't know what it is

Chicken flavor is the pleb choice regardless of brand

the patrician choice is the Shrimp one, and the beef one belongs in hobo tier

The only ramen worth eating is shin ramen. You can also buy konbu and miso for pretty cheap and make miso ramen. Better than the instant stuff and it's easy to make.

Shin Ramyun*

Nips pronounce Aerith as Aerisu.