NOT A GOTY Thread

Let's see what you played this year Holla Forums.

Get some taste you disgusting pleb.

You only beat ten games this year?

I played some vanilla wow before I sold the character, and lol for filler while I was waiting for shit to download.
Show me what (you) played

And that download time translated to completing less than one game a month?

Essentially. I tried branching out but very few things stuck with me

Who gives a fuck and why?

What was Axiom Verge like? I've never played a metroid game before, but it looks neat.

can still hear the overworld music playing going to sleep sometimes even 20 years later–faked illness to complete it for 3 months

Any plans on finishing kyuuyaku megami tensei? I started it a few months ago and I've been playing it on and off since its getting so fucking tedious. Is it worth pushing though?

There's other stuff, I just don't remember it

which geneforge is the best ?

I'm sure there was more, but I'm having trouble remembering what I played before September. The only games I beat before September are Doom/Doom 2 and Super Win the Game.

It was a pretty good year, especially for indies

fuck I forgot hand of fate in mine

THICC

ez

I have no idea, I have been playing it on my android phone with an emulator when I am afk. I don't know if I will ever finish it at this rate but I do like it so far.

its like a mediocre metroid game. I would suggest you first play Super Metroid or anything else in the genre. Not bad but it's also not the greatest Metriod style game that I can think of, not worth the pricetag. I pirated it, so it was fun for free

I'm sure there's more games that I've forgotten but I'd say these are the main ones this year

I couldn't fit the Red Comrades game in there.

IF you enjoyed Crimsonlands I suggest giving Neon Chrome a shot.

It's ok.
Fun on its own, not as good as the OG Metroid games, lots of secret stuff to find, kinda easy.

Also how's Running With Rifles?

I was hoping for a Christmas discount on Steam, because I genuinely like the devs, they gave me the Crimsonland remake for free basically.

Pretty fun, but make sure to play it online, playing alone gets boring pretty quick. Get used to dying, you will die a lot, don't worry about losing those exp and resource points, you'll get enough to unlock shit with time, just be patient. That's the main thing with this game: being patient. It's a relatively slow game, with slow moving players and slow loading screens (I still wish you could disable the forced tutorial level which loads every time you boot up the game).

Actually this was they year I stopped trying to beat anything and stopped trying to find new games I might like. I only bought games from franchises I like Warhammer Fantasy and sequels. I also haven't beaten anything.
Besides Fallout 4 holy fuck I actually felt insulted while playing the game.

What ever do you mean, fellow anonymous video game board user?

I tried playing axiom verge, didn't enjoy it as much as AM2R.

I'd forgotten that I played most of these this year.

Do you guys actually like any of these games, or is it just signalling?

Didn't like Lords, Condemned, or Throne, sunk a few hours into each nevertheless. Everything else was bretty good

Great game, but only because it's a near carbon copy of a greater game/series
AM2R also blew it straight outta the water

The only game on my list I didn't enjoy was The Quest.

Post some of your picks then, bitch nigger

I think its really cool mechanically and stylistically but I can't really stand how tedious it can get. Maybe I'll just play it on and off forever. It's my first JRPG since I played the pokemon games as a kid and I feel like it probably isn't the best as a starting point.

Finish your games you animals. Its been a good year for vidya on my end.

Oh shit I forgot AM2R, Best Metriod in years. Better then Fusion and Zero Mission. Almost Super Metriod Tier (if not for the Ice beam being goofy due to the game engine physics not being able to properly freeze enemies in mid air).

How many times?

Too lazy to open MS paint

I beat:
AM2R
Super Mario RPG: Armageddon
Dragon Quest 7 remake
Bravely Second
SMT: Strange Journey
Frog Fractions
Terraria (did all content, if it counts as "beat')
Bloodborne
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

played Deus Ex didnt beat it
played Yoshi's wooly word
played SMT Nocturne (hard mode playthrough) didn't finish (stopped at boring part)

First Year I watch more anime than play videogames.

Only once. I just focused on completing my backlog this year.

why bother finishing that? It really wasn't very good.

I assume its shit :^)

Well yeah, that's why I didn't finish it ;^)

I have terrible memory so this may not be very accurate

It's times like these that I realize that I spend more time shitposting here than I spend enjoying vidya games

More will probably come to me but this is what I mostly remember.

I have IW lying around my pc waiting to be installed. What's it like?

What did you think of Wasteland 2?
also which ending did you pick in Deus Ex?

oh sweet summer child

What's the last version? I downloaded 1.41 over a year ago because Nintendo shutting it down was a matter of time.

Finished Axiom Verge and quite liked it, because it's essentially a copy of Super Metroid with NES Godzilla Creepypasta art direction.

I mean, it's only a 1 in 6 chance of winning.

I think the implication is that he did win user.

π–™π–π–Šπ–“ π–π–”π–œ π–‰π–Žπ–‰ π–π–Š π–•π–”π–˜π–™?

whats up my nigga

His head fell on the keyboard in a bizarre fashion when he shot himself.
Then he posted it as a skeleton

Then why didnt he beat it?

fucking RNG plebs

This is all I recall playing

MT2 is the better game in that collection, from what I have played of it so far. You could just move to MT2 if you don't care about bonuses you get by having a complete MT1 save.

the devs for that game are kind of dicks. people are like "the online is dead because the game is too pricey" devs = " fuck off"

holy shit i thought i was slacking off this year. you people play 5 games all year ?

so am i the crazy one ?

You gonna play Max Payne 3?

You should probably beat Shadow Warrior 2, it's a fairly short game. And I've spent the year playing nothing but Doom mods.

i really don't like it they made it into boarderlands . when i played the first one i never said " hey you know what would make this game better ? fucking loot drops"

Not anytime soon.

V-VIDEOGAMES

I don't like the format which in turn makes OP a faggot.

And now it's time to argue with everyone!

Either a graphixfag or muh mature games retard. Either way you have an alright taste.

kys

lazy retard
x2

:^)

I don't enjoy fpdungeon crawlers, but mt1 have stuck with me for how simple yet vast it was. Though I think that older jrpgs/rpgs require some use of guides to get the most enjoyment out of them.
It picks up the pace after the flying city section.

us a bitch as niqqa

I assumed he meant that he was too big of a coward to go through with it.

I don't even remember the games I played/beat earlier this year. This is just what I had laying around on my desktop and on my hard drive. I'm still playing through most of this stuff though.

Are you saying you beat a 2d housewife? You monster.

->

Holy raviolli, that was a productive year
I know it's shit, got it in a bundle

Hoyshit, forgot it's this year I finished Penumbra series, Soma and Hotline Miami 2

Ok i'll bite. what makes MT2 worse?

Filler that is an outside world? Like it's a dungeon from mt1, but now unnecessarily spread out across a wide space of nothing which is a maze itself. Not only that, but now the main feel to the game is mainly influenced by that outer world which is just a big boring wasteland unlike mt1, where every dungeon part had a completely different theme going to it.
Either way if I were to seriously argue anything, then it would be that mt1 and mt2 are way too different to be compared like that. MT1 is a dungeon crawler and MT2 is a jrpg and user is a faggot for saying that one is better than the other.

How's Shadowrun?

I hate Elite Dangerous (truck simulator in space) if I could return it, I would. I'm currently playing super cat bros.

uh, bump because I love vidya.

mad jelly i was 80 hours in to persona 3 just burned out. the bosses just got too gimmicky.. the issue is i have persona 4 waiting and the two fighting games.

bump because your taste and joke needs validation from fellow Holla Forums users

Well, if you insist.

Average Holla Forumsgoer gentlemen and dudettes.

It's been a light year.

I plan on playing Baldur's Gate. Where should I start?

I went with the original because I heard it has one of the best dungeons (Durlag's tower) in the expansion pack as well as the fact that you can transfer save files.