ITT: Actors whose portrayal of a character is so iconic that it's permanently effected the character...

ITT: Actors whose portrayal of a character is so iconic that it's permanently effected the character, and they're the standard portrayals of the character must be held up to.

/ourgal/ Gadot

This.

Shouldn't you wait until a few other people attempt to play Cap and Iron Man?

Affected*

I liked Tom Welling and Henry Cavill more.

Who?

Hercule Poirot, PI

Murder on the Orient Express? Never watched the original but the new one is good.

Just my opinion user.

I've seen better Hitlers. Downfall comes to mind.

Your taste leaves me cold.

Your taste is bad then.

He played a bland, boring character fairly well, but I actually feel his portrayal was less arrogant and less of an asshole than the comic counterpart.

I'll call it in.

Strongly disagree. His version of the character is quite generic. Eventually when he's replaced with a white actor and the original version is brought back, no one will know it's the same guy.

Ehhhh, I didn't like it, but it wasn't totally inaccurate. I just find her so incredibly unattractive and unfunny. Maybe if she actually had a rack like that, but that scene where she's in that dress and we see how flat she is killed any chance she had of being perceived as attractive.

Got a special place in the oven for you. Wonder Woman should look strong yet feminine, a little buff but busty with gorgeous hair. Gadot has none of those qualities. She looks greasy.

This one I can agree with.

Fuck you!

See the thing is, of the current crop of Marvel actors those are the only two I think they'll have a hard time replacing. I'm actually really looking forward to them replacing Hulk and Thor, but those two actors I think are now attached to those characters. Whoever they bring in to replace them is going to be dumped on heavily.

The Clark/Superman portrayed by Welling and Cavill were simply more human and relatable. Christopher Reeves looks great… but that's it. He's more an idol than a character.

Also I feel that half of the posts here are bait.

Makes you think.

I feel the same. We ALL know the real Fury is pic related.

Back to Holla Forums

I thought no one could top Brandon Routh as Superman considering Reeve is dead i thought he was a really good replacement, until Henry Cavill nailed it. He's perfect as Superman. I've got a top man crush on him, although he needs to drop Louise Lane as his spouse, her nose is so big, it is viewable from space.

I feel the exact opposite. It wasn't Reeves physicality that made him Superman, it was everything else. His voice, his face, his smile, his personality. He had the perfect masculinity for the character. He comes off as strong yet gentle at the same time. That's Superman.

Welling was just a pretty boy, his portrayal of the character never felt like it got his morality right. He just felt like a guy with super powers. The fact that he went straight to the black costume says a lot about how shit that version was.

Cavill I feel bad for. He's traditionally handsome, but there's just something off about his face. He had the physique for the role, but something about his face didn't look right. Maybe if he'd been given better films to work with, who knows?

fugg now i need to fap

That's either very bad trolling or really pleb taste

Why? Henry is British yet has a perfect yank accent as Supes. He's got the body, he's got the look, he's got the style he's got the demeanor. What's wrong with Cavill?

He doesn't have a character. Absolutely nothing.

That's the point.

He looks good and his Superman is far more complex than the others.

I think "muh sauce material" is the "problem". OP is a Holla Forumsck.

The incarnation is shit, because it was written like shit by people who doesn't understand the character. I am biased towards Christopher Reeve, but if we start from there, Brandon Routh was perfect, he looked really much like Reeve.

Also the Cavill-Superman has the worst costume

Many reviewers noted that what made his portrayal special was the fact that he could say "Truth, justice and the American way" and coming from him it didn't sound corny. You believed him.

Actors since haven't even tried it. That's the problem.

No, that's not Superman. That's Invincible. Superman is more than that. He's not just some guy who got super powers, he's the best of us.

Nostalgiafags should be buried alive.

But where's his character? His flaws? His questions? There's none, he's simply too perfect. I watch movies for the characters, if I wanted Jesus I would read the bible.

I don't like mary-sues, I prefer characters that are down to earth. Tom Welling = young teen Clark who acts like a real young teen.

Why are British people so ugly?

That's an oxymoron lad.

It's their anglo genes, they can't help it

You never watched the films then. Also, if you assert a character is "too perfect" you're retarded, end of discussion. That's simply not an argument, it's subjective, pointless, and downright imbecilic. If you want flawed byronic morally gray boring, bland anti-heroes go read something written by a British sociopath during the 1990's. Go read Youngblood or something.

His struggles primarily revolved around Lois. He was so in love with her he was willing to give up all his powers to be with her. He broke his father's rules and bent time and space to bring her back to life. Your thinking is what lead to Donte in DmC. "He needs to be more human, make him an asshole." Fuck off. FUCK off. That thinking pisses me off, super heroes are modern mythology. I don't want to watch a Hercules movie about a human named Hercules, that results in that movie The Rock was in. If I want to watch a movie about humans, I'll watch a movie about humans. If you want to watch a movie about a human character you've come to the wrong place by definition and need to shut your stupid fucking mouth and

NEVER DEFILE ANYONE'S EARS BY OPENING IT AGAIN.

Seriously, did your stupid ass just assert a Kryptonian needed to be "more human"? Eat so much shit. Eat ALL the shit. Please. Die.

about what?

Okay Kathleen.

Elaborate on this

That was genuinely great, thanks user. More behind the scenes and making of content about classic movies is something that could make this board great again.

No one else even comes close

What's the opposite of Christopher Reeve?

Christopher Walken

"Call me Snake"

latino "Superman".

The one and only.

Accurate, same with Indiana Jones.

There can be no others.

Charlton Heston did Indiana Jones better in 1954.

are you so autistic that you can't recognize a bona fide supreme gentleman when you see one?

Trevor Goddard's Kano from Mortal Kombat
Originally a half-hwite, half-jap like , not a fucking latino, he was then portrayed in the movie as a sadistic, banter-addict terrorist who got smoked but didn't care anyway as he touched Sonya's buttocks
The successful portrayal was such that he had to be rewritten as an australian

He not only made that character but the big boss character as well, and solid snake.

Dean Cain is French-Canadian / Irish / Japanese / Welsh.

The names MacReady

It's Jack Burton. Me.

Still makes me laugh.

Should the Warhammer 30K Primarchs be human?

I don't even think they are in other movies besides the Harry potter's ones

I don't get it

Better than Tara Strong tbh.

HOL UP

Better than Shannon's

I. AM. The. LAW.

Truly the definitive entry in the CIA saga.

What's your name son?

"Murphy"

I thought so too until I saw the new one.

Brandon Routh FTW!

Nigga, you gay

That woman is so ugly

Heretic

The actor was okay, the writing was… just weird.

Christopher Reeve can't walk

This

Also Doug Bradley as Pinhead

Cavill is a good superman stuck in shitty movies.

So this is a capeshit thread then

Who's the definitive version of James Bond then?

Best Lara, hands down.

IIRC he didn't intend to play the character as Australian, he just had a shit cockney accent which sounded more Australian than anything. And Midway/Netherrealm Studios loved it, so they retconned Kano in the actual games to be what he appeared to be in the movies. Gotta admit too, he was probably the best character in the movie, although he fatality was fucking tame.

Karl Urban is the better Dredd, hands down.

You didn't like the SuperStalker that floats outside Lois' house and listens to her family conversation in his superhero outfit?

Which Bond? There's original novels Fleming Bond, there's Gardner novels Bond, there's Sebastian Faulks writing as Ian Fleming Bond, there's movie Bond, there's satirical movie Bond, there's Bond-movie-trope Bond (AKA 70's/80's Bond).
The only correct answer is of course multi-cultural and culturally diverse feminist transgender Bond played by both Idris Elba and Charlize Theron at the same time while tolerant leftists pretend not to notice a difference because there's no such thing as race or gender

Sean Connery

Pierce Brosnan tbh

Wrong.

unironically this

I think something is off with your image, Roger Moore is supposed to look like this.

WE

Fuck off you dirty slav.
>>>/maisie/

He's truly the big guy

OP is a dumbshit for posting Cap & Iron Man.

In terms of capeshit, my choice is Erica Durance as Lois Lane. Nobody even comes close to her portrayal of the character.

Superior Lara coming through.

Superman isn't complex, he isn't an edgy fuck with parental problems. He's a country boy from an alien world no stands for truth, justice and the American Way. He's a God amongst men but still a man himself. He wants to help and live a normal life too. That's where the nuance comes from, the power dynamic between Kent and Kal, or Kal and the world.

TL;DR superman isn't complex, he's a symbol you build complex stories around, or just am inspiring tale to keep people hopeful.

See I know he's iconic because I don't look at Deckard, Solo and Indiana and go "thats Harrison Ford" I look at them and think "thas Deckard, Solo and Indiana". He looks so unique and plays the characters very well. One of the best actors of his era.

He played Buckaroo Banzai pretty well. Like he personifies the movies cheesy look and atmosphere

I actually prefer Moore's Bond above all others. I know it's a minority opinion. Maybe because he was Bond when I was growing up in the 80's, I don't know, he just LOOKS like an effete Englishman who of course would be a spy with his looks and build and mannerisims.

Dama you Bonzai, I wanta mai ova-thrusta nao!

Hopkins BTFO

Probably debatable between either of these for Holmes.

Kurt Russel doesn't really differ a huge amount in his various John Carpenter roles, but I'll be damned if they're not all somehow still distinctive at first appearance. It's a little uncanny. Same case with:

You get these Harrison Ford roles that have some pretty strong similarities, but it's still clearly different characters, and you can tell that with a first glance. The idea of anyone else taking on the role of Han Solo or Indiana Jones is almost insane.

And yet, in the [Current Year], here we are.

These are the only accurate ones in this thread so far, including OP who is a capeshit shilling faggot.

he cant breath either

X-Men used to be well cast. The new ones have shitty actors miscast.

I liked these guys in those roles, especially Jackman, but none of them really look like their comics counterparts. When I read X-Men comics, I don't picture these actors or hear their voices.

If Chris Farley didn't die I wonder how Shrek would have turned out.

True but they were great in their roles and the movies are pretty much the only X-Men media which the mainstream audience care about and these guys. In terms of comics, Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill's Joker are the only people I imagine when reading the comics.