PSP Go worth shit?

I'm looking at picking up a Go anons, but how does it fair against the other models? Does it have the best screen out of the lot? It's better than the E1000 at least?

Any adapter for memory like the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/
a.pomf.cat/xcemlr.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you considered PSP emulation yet? Then you could pick up a Vita

Can it do PS1 yet as well?

Grab a 3000 if you actually want a psp.

Assuming CFW is just as simple as with 1000? Is it perma for all yet? I've not paid much attention for a few years.

Cfw is pretty much perfected. Its not permanent, but extremely easy where you dont need it permanent. (Permanent as in dont need to run it every time you start the psp)

Fair enough. Only ever had perma on 1000, so shit's new to me.

PSP Go owner here
As somewhat easy who prefers physical media 99% of the time, the Go is my exception. Yes, it does have best screen.

Pros
>Surprisingly robust a drop that killed my DS only gave my Go a mild screen blemish

Cons

I think PS1 emulation on the Vita is fine but I haven't heard anything about emulating PSP on it.

PSP GO is good because it has support for PS3 controllers, so you don't need to compromise with PS1 games. It can run CFW just like all other models of PSP There is no memory stick adapter, so you're stuck with expensive M2 sticks, Sandisk offers 8GB sticks for somewhat cheap. I see them very cheap on ebay, but you're still paying that "premium" magic gate price.

PSP Go also has a proprietary cable that outputs up to 480p, the PSP can handle PS1 games at their intended 240p resolution when in 480i mode, and if you are a CRT gamer this should be very appealing to you, since you can use the PS3 pad and get proper 240p.

You got a giggle from me. Thanks user. Assume gonna need to grab an M2 instead of use an adapter? Guess it's fine, 128gb adapter in 1000 and play 2-3 games

Doesn't the PSPs output make PSP games incredibly fucking small on a TV? I did consider consoling it as well.

I thought it was the other way around? PSP emulation is good now, but not cracked POPS for it yet? Then again, haven't really checked for a while.

maybe on an LCD?

Yes, PSP emulation is great! On PC at least. My shitty toaster runs everything at 1080p or more.
PSP emulation on Vita hasn't been done yet because every exploit they found got fixed by the firmware updates, or so I've heard.

wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/
It's been out a while user.

Yeah PSP emulation on PC is pretty much "solved" at this point and it seems that most games have good enough assets that they look pretty nice when you up the internal resolution.

I think PPSSPP also reasonably works on phones for simpler games if you don't want to compromise the mobility and use something you probably already have/is more abundant.

font's still fucked tho

oops

Well I played Legend of Legaia on my shitty S3 Mini with ePSXe, I don't see why PPSSPP would have bad performance on any phone nowadays.

what?

You can download the original PSP fonts and replace the files in PPSSPP's flash0 folder with them.

There's your problem maybe.

nope, wrong system font.

But that's just one game :(

Infinity CFW lets you have permanent CFW on any PSP, including the GO and 3000 models.

PSP Go is probably the least autistic gaming device you can buy.
Typicially I see the rankings like this:
normalfag Gamer: PSP Go, a phone or a tablet
Nostalgia faggot: anything sega , GB or GBC
Hipster faggot: 3DS, GBA SP or DS
Mild autist: PSP 2000/3000 or GBA
Autism supreme: Vita or anything not mentioned

These are the most retarded rankings I've ever seen.

Typical gamer: (Current gen portable), phone, tablet, laptop
Poorfag gamer: (Current gen minus one portable), laptop made for nothing other than word processing
Hipstershit gamer: All else.

Nigger, a game console is a game console. I'd have thought my Nomad to be in Autism. Wew.

How simple compared to the rest? How 'feature' complete compared to ME 2.1?

you've obviously never met a vita owner.

Why would you want to buy a PSP in this day and age?

Portable emulation box.
Has a TV-out if you want to play on the big screen, especially useful for emulated PSX games.
TONS of JRPGs if you're into that kind of thing.
Has quite a few really fun games like Space Invaders Extreme, Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice, Brandish: The Dark Revenant, etc…

I got a used 3000 for 30 bucks and got a bunch of small SD cards for the adapter. Almost feels like those 1000000000000000000in1 cartridges back on the NES.

From what I've heard, it's still the emulation king.

Except for SNES.
That bitch just keeps freezing on me. And TurboGraphix16 is slow, I tried fiddling with the cpu clock settings, but it doesn't help.

Its not
It was back when smartphones were weak but nowadays you have smarphones which can emulate some light gamecube games.
Back then there was no better alternative so people ignored the fact that it had shit tier SNES emulation and PS1 emulation which is more hacky than epsxe but now you can just use your phone for the same quality of emulation if not better.

Still a great handheld for this day due to all the shit you can achieve with CFW.

You'd think someone would learn from this.

SNES is shit. MSX is noticeably mediocre (MG2 slowdown for instance).

I got a phone to replace my dead PSP and I hate it.
It's better in pretty much every way, including multimedia functions and web browsing, but there's fuck-all for decent portable gamepads.
It's like a Twilight Zone episode; I can play everything but I'm stuck using a shitty controller that sucks the fun out of it.

Just root your phone and use a PS3 controller or you could buy one of those Moga shit which worked well enough from my experience.

You'd have to buy one of those wireless microcontrollers you could put on your key chain to play anything properly and even then you still need a good phone. I've had an Xperia J and have an HTC One mini 2, neither can play PSP games and I can only play 2d PSX games and even then the audio constantly skips (I've played Crash Bandicoot, but the framerate was never steady, audio was choppy) and touch controls a shit. A SHIT!

Nice digits, could you add some of those to my bank account so I can buy a PS3 controller which still costs 50 fucking dollars in stores?! (I really don't want a used one, those things amass dirt and filth from other people)

For portable emulation i got a dedicated android with hdmi out.

How's the Vita 2000 for PSP use outside the memory being shit?

But the emulators on it are shit.

it uses a system font that is present on the original psp hardware. Most games on the PSP do this.

I can't argue that shit. Although most of them are proof of concept shit made(and barely updated since) when homebrew was limited to like 2/3rds of the system's capabilities because of the limitations of *hax. Also VC injects.

The PSP Go is great for it's form factor. It's a little less comfy but it's so small you can easily put it in your pocket and forget about it. It has 16GB internal storage last time I checked, might be wrong and you can fit it with M2 memory cards, which is much better than the Vita's shitty proprietary thing.

The one I bought used had a MicroSD card jammed in the card slot, and I had to take it out with tweezers. Don't be that guy.

VC injects are the main selling point, even though SNES9x apparently rivals the SNES VC for N3DS.

Shame about emulators. Retroarch is shit. Would have thought N3DS could at least have made an effort with a PS1 emu.

What's the biggest M2?

there are 32GB m2's out there that go for like $50. 8GB ones that go for like $5 tho.

Drawfags?

I ran into a good deal at a supermarket. Toshiba microSD cards 8gb each, bought 3 of the cunts for like 10 dollars. Some people have told me that using the M2 adapter is not healthy for the PSP and a guy at the used vidya shop (that also mods consoles for money) said it's a bunch of hooey. Regardless, you can stick like 10 games on an 8gb stick (games' ISOs range from 500mb to 1,5gb), so there's really no need for a HEUG memory card on a PSP.
Unless you want to watch movie and listen to music as well, but I personally can't stand looking at a small screen for a long time and my phone is a good enough music player.

It's always a matter of when, not if with these kinds of things.

I think you're mistaking M2s for MSDs. There are no M2 adapters, they are about the same size as micro SD cards (just a little bit wider however.) I do console modding too, I make a good portion of my living off of it (just did a Wii, Xbox, and I'm doing a PSP as I write this) and as far as PSPs go, the only difference between memory sticks spec wise is with and without magic gate. I don't know what causes it, but without magic gate they do read slower. I don't think this matters much at all for typical use, and I doubt you'll see a noteworthy difference. For memory stick duos, I always tell people to buy the adapter for micro SD cards so they can get very cheap and large amounts of storage.

Adapters can be an asspain. Mine today can't really play Persona 3 due to an error when putting name in.

haven't heard about compatibility issues, are you sure you have a good dump of the game?

a.pomf.cat/xcemlr.rar
Here you go fag.

Yeah, runs in an emu fine. I thought it was the loader at first, but seems it hangs at entering the name.

Is a 128GB adapter, so probably the reason.

Infinity isn't a CFW retard, it just makes your CFW permanent. literally google.

kek

For reference, the music still continues, it doesn't crash, just the access light just blinks and nothing seems to happen.

Does it make you depressed, cynical and bitter? Or did videogames in general do that to you?
I'm asking because every single one of the modding guys at different shops have been like that.

And while you're here, is there a comprehensive, all-including PS3 modding tutorial/guide that also tells you how to run PS2 games on a 2USB fat PS3? I know it has something to do with PS Classics soft or something, but when I was helping my not-so-tech-friendly buddy understand his new PS3 I pretty much gave up at this point. I figured out how to copy ISO files from an external hard drive to internal via Movian of all things instead of MultiMan since i couldn't access root from that, but PS2 shit just refused to work.

I'm not a fan of texture aliasing and low res shit, I regret buying a 3DS when the fucking PSP has a better resolution.

No, it's actually given me a sense of appreciation for the systems, a love for new platforms, and a desire to share what I've found with others. In a way it's provided a sense of purpose - not to say I haven't had one before, but I've found now my ultimate desire is to discover and to create.

I can't help you with PS3 stuff, at least not yet. I hear it is unfortunately complicated and may require you to open the system to get it properly flashed. I haven't found any good guides yet, I mostly start off by studying GBA temp threads, seeing popular youtube how-to's, from there jumping into it myself. Sorry.

I regret the 3DS too, but only because the library is kind of pathetic. I love my vita however.

3ds owners are all typically nerds, hipsters or girls.
I know this because I've owned one since 2011 and have come across a multitude of people. Back before it became big, if you went to a place with a shit ton of people (I mean like sporting events) you would be lucky to get one or two streetpass.

Wait the Go is actually still in demand?
I stupidly bought one for emulation years ago and the SNES was shaky (not saving progress on eg SMW) so I factory reset it and boxed it like 3 years ago

good for psp and ps1 games.

they go for about $100 or a little under.
that's still pretty high in my opinion.

memory duo adapters are fine, managed to make a 200GB microsd work on it easily (a 256GB will be too much for the handheld apparently since it would easily get corrupted during transfer or simply not wanting to be formatted). Obviously a 128/64GB will be enough for most folks, though my setup is like this

You might get the occasional issue of the card not detected if you wake up the console while it was on the XMB menu (you just need to put it back to sleep and wake it again), and you must never put the console on sleep during the opening cinematic in visual novels (would instantly crash the PSP seconds later)