CEMU 1.6.4 "Where is the Source Code?" Edition

Get it here
cemu.info/releases/cemu_1.6.4b.zip
Improvements
-Xeno no longer looks like shit
-Bicubic upscaler so games don't look like complete shit upscales
-Major accuracy improvements in many games
-Major shader cache performance improvements in some games like Super Mario 3D Land
What games work?
Check the compat list; its always being updated;
compat.cemu.info/

Other urls found in this thread:

libdrc.org/docs/network.html#linux-kernel-patch
youtube.com/watch?v=-69nOLaRfxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Posting some 1.6.3 screens, 1.6.4 is supposed to have its own screenshot function but it doesn't seem to work for me

Looking great but closed-source and no Linux version.
Also DRC (WiiU Gamepad) may never work properly in Windows because it needs Wi-Fi NIC time synchronization that the Windows kernel probably isn't going to provide (not to say the gamepad can't be emulated).
libdrc.org/docs/network.html#linux-kernel-patch

I'll stick to Dolphin for now, hope an open-source WiiU emulator takes off at some point.

how's Bayonetta 2? did they finally get there? i might try it out now.

haven't tried since 1.6.2 but it looks like Yoshi's Woolly World is playable now.

Weird, I just realized Windows 10 has a built-in screenshot shortcut, neat

(checked)
In 10 or so years maybe.

You can see Bayo running fine in the OP embed. Not sure if they fixed the sound issues though

haha you fucking losers

why did the wii u suck

It sucked because Nintendo thought they could just have the WiiU market itself based on the popularity of the Wii. They were wrong. No sales meant no third party titles and even first party developers who began treating it as a second class citizen to the 3DS

Do you still get empty menus in mk8? Is the bowser castle still glitchy as fuck? Hiccups? Also i think the sound was lacking. I need to turn up all the volume in cemu

I wouldn't say that Wii U sucks more or less than xbone and ps4. All consoles of current generation are terrible, continuing tradition of previous one, where mid-range PC is still fucking better than your GAMING MACHINE or whatever.
Last good console was PS2.

for 4 whole seconds that's why i'm asking. i want the bayo mama give me the netta

I think you're right and you're wrong.
I think you're right about the '10 or so years', wrong about the 'maybe'.

Emulation is driven by interest in the platform being emulated.
When the developers of CEMU lose interest, the project will probably just be abandoned, and for WiiU emulation to further improve, someone will have to start the whole thing over from scratch.
But it's fairly unlikely someone's going to want to re-work the whole thing from scratch by the time CEMU dies though- the system doesn't have a large library of games, the Switch looks like it's going to get ports/sequels of half the WiiU games that were released, etc…

WiiU emulation will probably die when CEMU dies, unless the developers of CEMU have a change of heart (and even then, it will be a Windows-only nightmare and Linux will probably never get a slice of the cake).

Problem with CEMU is that if it goes open source, auther gets jailed and project gets shut down.
Either way CEMU doesn't have any real future, so you gotta keep grabbing releases while guy shits them out.

Are you retarded?
Dolphin started out closed source as well. When the devs lost interest they open sourced it. I imagine the same thing will happen with CEMU (although CEMU seems to be developing at a much more rapid pace than Dolphin did before it went open source)

Menu elements are still missing, not sure about Bowsers Castle because I haven't made it there yet. Supposedly they fixed a LOT of graphical bugs related to MK8 though so it might be worth checking into

And holy shit does it perform so much better now, they easily eliminated about half of shader cache stutter (they didn't completely get rid of it but its been greatly reduced)

That's a fucking good question, hombre.

You what

If he releases it under a free software license, there's nothing Nintendo can do against him. That is, unless he lifted code directly from an official SDK or something. Then yes, he might get in some trouble.

Its rumored he somehow got some leaked specs. Perhaps a manual full of API calls or some shit. Because there is no fucking way such a small team could make so much progress in so little time otherwise. It would also explain why there is no source.

Of course, the WiiU might also just be stupid easy to emulate as all WiiU games might just run at a higher level with no direct access to hardware for security reasons. So in theory its more about probing API and kernel calls than anything else

There was some good reasoning on CEMU actually using shit from Wii U's technical documents, that are classified or some shit. He basically stole/leaked them and thus it's illegal or some shit.
I remember some user giving good run down on this theory without any obvious holes.

closed source development has a merit of not being bothered by "quality" contributors and Cemu-Xtreme-Unofficial ports stealing attentions and spreading code over all the other related projects.

but yeah they should open it soon

Decaf is looking pretty promising. They've made some serious progress in the last few months, maybe in another year or two they'll have caught up to Cemu.

what sort of cpu would one need? quad core? six core?

I have a Skylake i7 and a GTX 970. I'd say if you can run Dolphin fine then you can probably run this fine too. Its not terribly demanding by any means.

weird
isn't WiiU a triple core?
even gamecube emulation breaks things down into multiple threads, when there's basically only one cpu, same with pcsx2

I recorded my experience. Still having retarded lag spikes & freezing that eventually decrease. I have 16GB of RAM & don't feel like rendering again to include the capacity since VP9 takes a century to render. Some menu elements missing, most notably all of the racing videos that appear in main menus. There are odd glitches on the cart in the cart selection menu & also on some road lines.

You'd think they'd have this running perfectly by now. The progress seemed rapid in the beginning, but now, not so much.

The funniest part here being most mid-range PCs can't handle PS2 and up emulation. Not to say you need a gaming computer, but I am saying you're retarded and should kill yourself. Use cases and what have you.

My guess is WiiU games have no direct hardware access for security reasons and probably rely more on API calls. Historically the Gecube and Wii were always more GPU intensive despite their weak hardware so it was easy to emulate on a higher level to an extent. The WiiU probably makes things even simpler by having its OS handling things like memory management. Sometimes that even the Dolphin devs couldn't emulate with 100 percent accuracy until earlier this year because some games for the GameCube manageemory blocks on a very specific lower-level

They're prioritizing accuracy at the moment, not speed. Their website says this IRC

The stutters become less frequent as you build a shader cache. They've really improved performance since last time at least for me. Keep in mind it's also using a single core dynarec still which really bottlenecks the shader compiler which is JIT

Sick torposting my anonimous comrade.
Except even sub-par computer can into perfect PS2 emulation. Stop living in 2011 I guess.

What causes micro freezes in Xenoblade? Game runs perfectly fine at silky smooth 30 fps, and just freezes for a moment or two at random times.

The way it works is it has to compile shaders in real time, this is done through the JIT dynarec (just in time dynamic recompiler) which still only takes advantage of a single core.
The more you play the less frequent the stutters should become as it builds a shader cache. Obviously it still needs to be optimized

I have a computer from I think like 3 years ago that can't handle PS2 emulation. It's not a shitty computer by any means, and usually it's the CPU, but faggots who claim any computer can run any emulator need to be shot in the head.

Also anyonymous posting is the only way to go. Clearnetting that shit or even VPNing a shit.

PCSX2 just had really shitty developers who made a bunch of bad programming decisions and buried their project in a hole. Now nobody wants to touch it and it's optimized like shit

What emulator do you suggest friend?

what sort of piece of shit PC even is this

What's your "not shitty computer from 2013" specs.

Does shader cache resets when I restart emulator or is permanent? I have no fucking idea what that is, but can it be just downloaded from somewhere so game wouldn't have to build it at all?

As far as PS2 goes? Play! Seems to be the most promising

It's permanently stored in the CEMU folder

No you cannot "just download it" because it has to be compiled specifically for your hardware setup to take full advantage of available processing pipelines

yes, but it is so far off it's depressing

Nice autonomous goalposts there friend.

Thanks, I'll check it out, but if is correct then perhaps PCSX2 is the only viable choice so I'm ultimately still up shit's creek without a paddle (and still right tbh)

Post specs, retard.

No.

You wanted me to post mine so here it basically is

It's not that I'm retarded, it's that I recognize that developers can potentially be retarded.

Of course it makes sense to open-source the project from the perspective of the end-user.
But it's not uncommon for developers to come up with dumb reasons to not follow common sense, even if it requires zero effort on their part (just dump the code somewhere and run).

One (non-emulator) case that I can recall is MikuMikuDance (MMD). (3D animation software, closed-source but free).
The original developer built a whole community around his product. When he lost interest, he never released the source because he felt his code would be too embarrassing to release publicly.
So the community had to re-write all the tools from the ground up to continue its development.

Does that mean that freezes will stop at some point?

been playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 and finding that it actually has more depth than 3D Land even though it's basically the same game

Bump

That's how every emulator was made, regardless how much the devs insist it isn't.
CEMU is closed source for one of several two reason, rather the dev wants patreonbux or he wants complete control over the project.

Brand was confusing. Normalfags literally thought it was an add on to the Wii.
The "gaming tablet" idea was solid (thus people seem excited about the Switch) but the Wii U was a really bad execution of it. Everyone assumed it was some kind of standalone tablet when they first saw it, and was disappointed when they found out how it actually worked. That's probably the worst way to sell a product.
The hardware was gimped for backwards compatibility with the Wii. Nintendo made the most of it but this helped kill the platform's third party support, as other devs weren't going to waste money completely reworking their games for a dead platform, where they might have given it token ports if the hardware was on par with the Xbone and PS4.
Marketing was terrible/nonexistent. Nintendo was ashamed to talk about it.
They finally started to pick up steam with Splatoon but at that point it was clear that they needed to cut their losses and move onto another platform fast, so the support dried up as everything that they hadn't already promised got moved over to the Switch.

That said it still easily had more good exclusives than any other console in this embarrassment of a gen, and the gamepad was comfy as fuck. I hope they sell some ergonomic Wii U-style grips for the Switch at some point.

Yep. The motivation for Wii U emulation is going to take a nosedive if Nintendo ports all of its best games to the Switch.

Do you really expect a torfag to post their specs? That's personally identifiable information.

Can I play this without the second screen of the gamepad?

Actually, what exactly are those ports you speak of? Don't mean to sound like an elitist here, but aside from the Platinum ones, Nintendo mainline ones and maybe Mario&Sonic at whatever, which other games were both WiiU exclusive and good?

Also have the Japanese got any game that is actually good if you can stomach moonrunes?

Well, yeah. That's like a dozen good exclusives. Meanwhile the PS4 has Bloodborne and the 'bone has literally nothing.

I'm not trying to compare them with either consoles, I just want to know if there's any third party developed games or even downloadable stuff that is worth grabbing when the emulator stabilizes itself. Even if it's a great dozen games, it's still very little.

it's shit.

So, what games are playable on max speed at the moment and can be completed?

He's bullshitting you, everything relevant already has an English release.

A dozen more than the PS4 or Xbone.

Bayonetta 2
W101
Censoredblade Chronicles X
MonHun 3 Ultimate (Tri remake)
Dong Freeze
Hyrule Warriors
MK8
Pikmin 3
Pokken
Smash
Mario Maker
and of course, Splatoon.

How was I bullshitting him? I never said anything about Jap only games.

Supah Mayreo

No shit.

that strange since it runs about 10 frames slower than before in my PC, i was doing 50 - 60 and now i am in the 45 - 55 fps range.

couldn't check most circuits because i foolishly deleted my save along the 1.6.3 folder, but i only managed to see a couple of glitch improvements

WE WUZ TROPHIES 'N SHEIT

You're a special kind of retard, nobody gives a fuck about your worthless existence.

Jesus christ, emucucks are the worst

>Also have the Japanese got any game that is actually good if you can stomach moonrunes?
>Also

Still having this issue.

Stop using an AMD GPU. They will never work

a e s t h e t i c

thats not what the front page says

So you got triggered because you can't read?

What hardware do you have exactly?
Those glitches look like your GPU is fucking dying dude

That doesn't mean good.

Its supposed to look like this;

This guy seems to be the only one with this problem. Maybe his shits fucked

Where can I find games in .wud format? Every game I can find is always in "Loadliine" format which causes huge load stutters on Cemu.

I was clearly responding to the first part of his post and not the second. You're the only one bringing it up.
ps Hen Zemi is garbage and your waifu is a whore

Does the format its in really make a big difference?
The stutters are caused by the emulator having to build a Shader Cache, they'll go away eventually as the cache builds

At least I don't have to deal with shitty voice acting I guess.

WWHD seems to be broken, after the opening text crawl you just get a static pause menu texture

Will wiiu gamepad support ever be doable?
Dolphin does wii remotes just fine since they use bluetooth, but I'm not sure about the gamepad. Also there's a video/audio feed.

Works fine here, but I get a low battery notification all the time.

When trying to capture with OBS it would only grab the Wii U Gamepad output so I had to capture from the window with Bandicam to grab TV output. Maybe you're seeing what's on the Gamepad, but not the Television? I am using Wii U Pro Controller as first input.

CHARGE YOUR GAMEPAD NIGGER

DID YOU STOP RECORDING BECAUSE IT FUCKIN DIED?

Oh shit you're right. I was seeing the gamepad screen. I switched to it without realizing because you need to do an alt-tab thing to get text input to work correctly for the save file. At least at full screen

What's stopping Nintendo from throwing a lawsuit at him now just to test if those rumors are true. They've shown they have no trouble making takedowns and even if it did get to court they have money to burn.

Because emulators themselves aren't inherently illegal, retard. In fact a lot of software developers rely on emulators. Hell, Nintendo themselves relies on emulators with shit like Virtual Console

There is a possibility that the dev used information that he illegally got from nintento on the emulator. That might be a reason why he doesn't go open source. Nintendo has more than enough money to throw at a lawsuit. If he actually had anything illegally acquired as part of the emulator he would confess or it would be found during the case. The fact that rumors go around so much and the progess Cemu has made in such a short amount of time makes me feel like Nintendo would've already done something if there was a possibility of illegally acquired information being in the emulator, so there's no real reason to not go open source. Re-read until you understand.

They'd need proof first. Otherwise a lawsuit would be a huge waste of money and time.

Why would that be, the N64 scene did it and never got in trouble neither did the GBA scene despite having both a day 0 emulator and it using info that was only ever available on leaked docs

Okay so it's just MonHun and Pokken, Is there anything else worth picking up? I think I'll go for MK8, Bayonetta and W101 and that's pretty much it.

Moonrunes speaker, any nip exclusives or good games for the WiiU?

Its brand fucking new

Wait a second, what am I supposed to do with the title ID file?

I'll show you some source code *whips out dick*

I figured it out!
Turns out my graphics card; and as far as I can tell, the RX 480, has issues with openGL that have something to do with it being a GCN 4. From what I can tell I need to wait for it to be fixed with drivers. There was a new driver update yesterday but the patch notes don't seem to indicate it would fix the issue.

It goes ingame at playable speeds but yeah you don't want to bother yet.

This guy is running on AMD hardware exclusively and doesn't seem to have issues, then again he doesn't show the title screen and isn't using a 4XX card.
youtube.com/watch?v=-69nOLaRfxc

How would the emulator run on a gtx780?

Its pretty much just the 470 and 480 cards as far as I can tell. As far as I can tell the issue isn't exclusive to cemu so it should eventually be resolved with a driver update.

Only slightly less worse than Goyvidya.

Question: does it require a BIOS download?

And they laugh at Nintendo for they gimmicks. I love how they usually fuck with emulation fags, like the terrible DS emulation.

I ask every thread but no one ever responds:
How does this thing emulate motion controls?

And the Wii U pad

You switch to the tablet screen with tab

bump

Dayum son, Super Mario 3D World is running pretty well now. Almost 100% fluid.

Where are all these hardware-fags coming from? I just want to have fun with my emulation dammit! I own most of the shit I emulate on real hardware and a lot of people are the same. We just enjoy the development aspect of it and the advantages that may come with emulators.

I tried sm3dw for the first time in this new cemu version and i was really pleased

Honestly, my first time playing SM3DW was through CEMU and its actually a pretty good game.

No Pokken, no carin.

I've downloaded this game 4 times now.
Attempts 1, 2, and 4 all ended up the exact same, pic related. Attempt 3 was just a bunch of files Cemu didn't recognize.

I need help.

You can just press a and skip that message you know. It's just the "You are Offline" verification

As far as the text rendering being fucked. I honestly have no idea, where did you download it?

How super de doopr does my PC have to be to run Xenoblade at a reasonable framerate?

If your PC can run Dolphin at 1080p then you can run CEMU

Sweet. Also, this means I'll have all the Xenogames.

Except the DS remake of 1+2, I guess. Cuz the fan translation got fagged.

Same with mine, and game is completely flipped.

Go to the debug menu and play with the setting. I just fixed mine in one click but have no idea what it was.

I can't, something is wrong with the entire game. I go to the main menu and it's just a blank screen with the logo but it's flipped and the regular options. All the options have the same garble and when I think I get to the point I start the game the screen just goes to the opening cinematic and it just flickers and sits there.

I'll try

Can you screencap it?

Never mind, I got it to work.

I missed an update folder when I downloaded it and just copied and pasted the contents into the main game folder, game's text is fixed I'll see if everything else is too.

I got it working up to a point. The first cutscene is still just flashes and then the character creation was just pure white. At first I thought it was just that and I just through together a character but the cutscenes and even teh game itself is now just white.

Audio is there but it has an underlying static to it.

I'm having the same problem.

How big is the average Wii U game? And how easy would it be to just rip them yourself instead of having to download them?

Depends, most top out at 4.5 to 5gb some are in the 10 range.

When Xenogears gets remade (which it will), it will have microtransactions.

Christ anons. Why are so many people having issues with this? I just downloaded it and it just works.

Nah, it wont until Square Enix is literally out of ideas to rehash. the FF series is still pumping out cash.

Been fiddling with no success, no one has figured out a way to fix it yet?

What gpu and drivers are you using exactly?

Anyone has tried Starfox Zero?

I don't think that'd even work. On top of extensively using the gamepad, it uses the the gyro sensor.

I found the problem. My drivers are out of date and I'm updating now.

The character creator works now. The opening cutscene was still incredibly flickery so I just skipped it. I'll report back if the game works or if the cutscenes works. The audio is still staticy too though, dunno why.

Aside from random slowdowns and the ridiculous amounts of bloom, it works mostly fine.

Also, any reason for all the rocks being glowy and purple?

Looks worse than on Wii U with the same resolution but fucked up lighting and framerate.

What's the point? Are you guys poor?

My 8 year old PC can handle PS2 emulation just fucking fine. Fuck you.

I got to the scenic cutscene and it nearly killed my computer. The game started chugging so much my whole machine started slowing down.

Get the fuck out, nip shill.

MULTICORE SUPPORT WHEN?!

NEVEREVER