The Steamy pile of shit Awards finalists announced

store.steampowered.com/news/26415/?snr=1_550_552

Surprise its all garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MsjKt#selection-1453.0-1457.124
2016.vidyagaemawards.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award-Borderlands 2-Dead by Daylight-Far Cry 3-Far Cry 4-Portal 2The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award-Euro Truck Simulator 2-Paladins-Starbound-Stardew Valley-UnturnedThe “Test of Time" Award – This award is for the game that is just as good today as the day you first played it. Newer games may come out, but it doesn’t matter… you’ll always come back to play this one.-Age of Empires II HD-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim-Sid Meier’s Civilization V-Team Fortress 2-TerrariaThe “Just 5 More Minutes” Award -Counter-Strike: Global Offensive-Rocket League-Sid Meier’s Civilization VI-Fallout 4-TerrariaThe “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award-Bioshock Infinite-DOOM-Grand Theft Auto V-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain-The Witcher 3: Wild HuntThe “Game Within A Game Award” Award-Garry’s Mod-Grand Theft Auto V-The Stanley Parable-Tabletop Simulator-The Witcher 3: Wild HuntThe “I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye” Award-Life Is Strange-To the Moon-This War of Mine-Undertale-The Walking DeadThe “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award-ARK: Survival Evolved-Blood and Bacon-Farming Simulator 17-Goat Simulator-Stardew ValleyThe “Boom Boom” Award-BroForce-DOOM-Just Cause 3-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes-Kerbal Space ProgramThe “Love/Hate Relationship” Award -Dark Souls III-Darkest Dungeon-Dota 2-Geometry Dash-Super Meat BoyThe “Sit Back and Relax” Award-ABZU-Cities Skylines-Euro Truck Simulator 2-Mini Metro-ViridiThe “Better With Friends” Award-Don’t Starve Together-Gang Beasts-Golf With Your Friends-Left 4 Dead 2-Magicka

wew, I put that in as a joke. Are casuals actually this retarded?
It's depressing how shit most people's tastes are.

Game was shit but I'm glad a lot of people can see that he was in the right
Bunch of idiots and kids

No surprise valve is full of faggots without the balls to do it

Being a casual is not that much different from being a child. Continuing being in the hobby and staying a casual is a disgusting state to be in.

This whole fucking thing

here just made this webm to describe how I feel

Test of Time, more like Taste of Trash, clearly shows who the majority are.
At least BroForce made it somewhere, even though it's a stupid kiddy title

Only games worth talking about on this entire list was Age of Empires 2, TF2, and Cities Skylines.

never mind was wrong Age of Empires II is from 1999 so that's not as bad.

Technically, AOE II came out in 1999, but none of those other games are even 10 years old yet.

RIP

Not everyone is as autistic as you user, some people can still feel emotions.

Remind me again why we haven't gassed all steamfags yet.

Civ V got the award instead of Civ IV. Fucking.

Gaming is no more a hobby than watching TV. The real hobby you're talking about is self-righteous elitism.

Those games just came out recently. Why not vote for civ 4 or earlier? And since Skyrim just had a remastered release, it kind of nulifies it standing the test of time when even the devs don't think it did

Video games are my only purpose in life, you fucking casual. Get out.

Video game are just as much a hobby as, say, collecting postage stamps.

Because that's illegal and we don't have the power to make it legal.

Vidya is my main distraction from the life, but it doesn't give anything meaning. It's a decent means of deferring suicide, nothing more.

Get out.

Yeah, I remember the time I waited for loot to drop before they implemented that you'd have to actually play the game to get anything. I forget how long it took them to implement that because I sure remember those waiting servers lasting for some time.

The fuck is this cuckoldry?

The real shame is that neither of the far cry entries are 2, but I guess malaria isn't as exciting as "dude weed LMAO"

I can only dream of being as wealthy as the financial geniuses at valve.

Mention a moment from that game where you can really say that people can cry. Also what's up with that other reply?

=frick off tumblrtale==
Should have won the I thought this game was cool before it won an award" award

These "awards" are voted on by users. I'd put it past Valve to award their own games because: they are already the most owned and cheapest games on Steam and they get a cut of money from ANY game that sells through their platform.

This is both extremely fitting and surprising (because of it). There must be more people who recognize that the game is shit that only stoners would find deep (or coherent) than I thought.
We have to kill every single fucking dyke on Earth.
Are you shitting me? There is only ONE path to “not bankruptcy” in the first few years of your city. If you fuck up at all, it’s over, and the damn thing will never grow. It’s complete garbage.

I'm fucking underage b& and this shit makes me mad. go ahead, I only lurk anyways.

Oh fuck me for eternity I want to install TF2 so I can play it after all those years thing is I don't want Steam collecting my data upon installation at all and I value my privacy oh god kill me before it's too late and I get the urge to play PlanetSide 2 as well

What a fucking joke. Almost every category is just GOTY shit that reddit loves. How has Valve sunk this low? 99% of the users on their platform are 12 year olds who haven't touched anything made more than 5 years ago.

They were always cancer.
This is the target audience of steam. I hope you don't use it.

I'm getting too old for these fucking redditors.

I didn't always believe the "all steam users are 12" meme, but now I might.

holy shit I hope all the people casting those terrible votes get vehicular akbared

I have some games installed with Steam, but I haven't opened the Store page in at least two years. There's not much point pirating the games I already have, but I have started to switch to using gog.

It kinda makes sense for it because it is actually old(about 10 years), unlike other games that won the same award

are you guys really surprised that shitty games got steam awards? whoa, it's like almost every moron on steam has bad taste

I like to think that Valve can't even remember that they used to make video games anymore.

But we will user, we will…

Looks like reddit got to make the awards. Absolute cancer.

This is why gaming is shit nowadays. These nu-gamers need to off themselves. Why don't we just have our own awards or a revised 8ch Holla Forums top 100 games list?

Actually steam users did but there isn't a difference.

that'd be kinda cool tbh. what categories would we have?

The point of awards is to market the games. Having an awards thing for such a small community is pointless. We already duscuss the games in depth and tell each other our favorite game is shit. We dont need awards.

Please don't. Holla Forums lists are pure and utter cancer. There has never been a single good one.

I thought this FPS list was kinda accurate.

Yet another shitty "official" list.

Key word is kinda

That game gets shitted on way too much. Its not great, sure. But its not excruciatingly shitty like everyone always says.

Oh okay.
That list is kinda extremely shit.

Why?

Because they're the only games reddit played.

I voted for Half Life 1, Morrowind, ETS2 and FNV in this. Also I still use steam but the people I speak to are typically fun and don't just sprout shit 24/7. I'm never getting off this cancer probably but hey, 400 licenses milestone!

What the fuck are with these titles? I know that they're aiming for the 12 year old children/30 year old manchildren, but couldn't they at least give themselves some dignity and name them something fucking normal?

Not like Steam is going anywhere though. Might as well accept the inevitability of it, I sure have.

TF2 is almost 10. That's the only one on there that's more than five years old.

Because the original, non-HD version isn't offered on Steam.

Not in the current culture of "lol randomness"

I know I'm part of the problem but it's alreasy been 6 years for me. I first tried it out for the free amd and then nvidia deal. I still used my pc from 2004 with win xp. I miss being younger.

You know, Skyrim surely standed his "test of time" defining by the description they provided for this award "you’ll always come back to play this one".

SKYRIM DESERVED THAT AWARD

Yes. Fucking yes, skyrim deserves that shitty award. I am always come back reinstalling skyrim like an idiot with 200 mods just to crash again! And again! And again! Then i delete it, don't play any other game, and reinstall skyrim just to crash again after installing all the fucking mods!

Try to make it look good, try to make it play good, try to make sex mods working without glitching and trowing bodies all over the god dammit tavern, and then crash, crash, crash and never complete any quests of this goddamn shit, since nothing there is worth a value of a vanilla game, all the quests are boring as shit, and nothing there to hold you on instead of installing more mods to just crash it again! And again! AND AGAIN!

AND AGAIN!

Now that's what I call reddit.

Reddit is enjoying pain in the ass, i am not.

user, you may be a junkie at this point.

Is that what your mom told you?

Just fuck off.

Except basically every nu-male media site. they aren't niche at all

When is this God-forsaken industry crashing and burning?

played it recently, if you took out everything related to Duke Nukem and left all the gameplay intact it would just be another bland mediocre current year FPS where you travel a straight line from one set piece to the next, and that's even accounting for the wacky unconventional shit like getting shrunk down and driving the RC car/4x4.

The primary reason it gets (justifiably) shit on is not for the admittedly lacking gameplay, but because it was the first Duke game released by people who actually hate Duke Nukem and seemingly purcahsed the IP only to shit on the character in every way they possibly can, and this game set the tone for what we could expect from future Duke games by Gearbox i.e. it effectively killed the franchise as we knew it.

I don't even have a face for how disgusted I am. What a load of old shit.

Despite knowing it would be a shitty list from the start, it genuinely pissed me off that Gone Homo is there.

All video game awards are gay shit.
Award For Legendary Creator of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout Series

Its already a classic.

I was having a good day user

I don't even have a problem with Todd Howard, I think he is actually pretty skilled but is cock blocked by Pete Hines, which is the reason why Beth games are shit
But this is autism triggering

scientific proof that humanity deserves to be oppressed

Shh… I am the creator now.

G_d Howard did you create the Universe

Not good enough kill yourself.

You will love this video :^)

Nice Trips but Morrowind was a good game and Pete Hines is known for being fucking retarded Lore Wise and having more power over Bethesda than Todd
Todd is unfortunately these days more of a PR puppet than a Game Dev, he doesn't even touch the games it's just he's a likable guy Bethesda show to the Public as Pete isn't a likable guy, Pete just thinks of Money

Morrowind is shit compared to skyrim, you dork.

Even unironically watching that faggot proves you're a filthy ledditor.

This is disgusting.

While Pete is shit, I'm not giving Howard a get out jail for free card.

Do you enjoy the Holla ForumsGAs?

Also, pic related is my nomination

webm you shill

The "Test of Time" category is pure cancer. There is a slew of games that have actually been around long enough (and are better qualitywise) to have stood the test of time, but, no, we should nominate games less than a decade old in a industry that has been stagnant for ten years or more. I'd say it's unbelievable, but I knew this was coming. Skyrim being a nominee in that category is the icing on the cake.

5th pic sounds like a lie. I know they shilled the female PC thing in FO4 because the voiceover shit, but I don't think they ever said it was the first time.

Also check these dubs.

Third party counter-claim: I specifically remember everyone sperging about that article

I concede to your double dubs, friend.

I don't know what is worse
All this shit or that Euro Truck Simulator is stuck in this shit

archive.is/MsjKt#selection-1453.0-1457.124

I wish I could be constantly empirically wrong and be taken seriously as a (paid) vidya (shill) journalist, dying publication or not.

All video games are shit

Holy fucking shit. Even if the mouth breathers pretend 3 was the first game in the franchise, you could play a female character in FO3.

Game journalists should be exterminated along with the Jews.

Woah, cool it with the anti-Semitic comments buddy!

Industry crash when?

I am more pissed off at you, b2c1ac, than at 4c3acf, for making such sick joke, like anti-semitism on this website isn't a serious threat, pretending to combating anti-semitism only to make commentors who dislike Holla Forums attitude look like a laughingstock.

You both stop it.

you can tell that the choices are all paid. Pure coincidence some type of people might say

Why would you admit to having brain problems?

What's the difference?

What is your point?

one is played by retards, the other by autists.

When is the new edition coming? I enjoy the Holla ForumsGAs.

[Fully charged]
That doesn't really clarify anything.

Vid related is my brain's reaction.

Because the villain in that game is charismatic does not mean he needs a fucking hug, what kind of logic is that?

I don't get the appeal of the AI in Portal, I hated it in Portal 1, I don't see what's so appealing in 2, I even forget the name as I keep calling her Shodan because that's what she is, a copycat and that's it.

fuck this shit

He is not wrong, that guy really did nothing bad.
that's pretty gay, as I german I had access to those games since years and they suck hard. It's a shame no bigger dev made a truck sim yet.
Clearly Counter Strike 1.6 deserves this.
Now this is just straight bullshit, who still plays this cancer game?
they are all gay, not a single good game in there. And I am already tired of the list. All it did was to remind me that we have only cancer games.

This list is wrong on so many levels. What would you nominate instead ?

this is the shittiest fucking list I am so goddamn fucking angry holy shit

the abortion that was Civ5 gets nominated for Test of Time but actual good old games like Deus Ex and System Shock 2 don't even make the fucking list

yeah I'm fucking mad

it's probably on halfchan, when asked last time we declined them.

Deus Ex was a misogynist conspiracy theorists wet dream, I'm glad games like Deu Sex are a thing of the past.
And System Shock 2 was just an inferior copy of Bioshock, just because it's more complex doesn't make it better. I kept getting lost in the mazelike halls and was forced to give up.
If you want a good game, try Bioshock Infinite. It has an epic narrative full of twists and turns and visceral combat where tactics and skill matter.

You realize that "cool it with the anti Semitic comments" is a MDE reference?

I always wanted to hug Churchill

What

Tbqh Churchill wasn't a very good guy

Wow. Surprised Undertale isn't on "villain needing a hug", but Borderlands 2 is. That makes no sense, Handsome Jack is just straight-up insane. And both Far Cry 3 and 4? Same thing…

People love to stick their dick in crazy.

I on the other hand prefer to stick my dick through your fucking skull

Killing main characters in neutral
Killing main characters in genocide
True pacifist ending
Goathug
Like user said, it is unfortunate you are but one autistic, emotionless husk.

Alright, that's the good one.

Literally impossible. This nigger is dedicated solely to causing so many huge-ass explosions that the framerate drops to single digits

Cancerous people because it still has half a mil players according to Steam.

Oh, and don't forget e-sports fags, who are also cancer.

Would you volunteer to be hugged like she was?

Because it would be full of filthy weebshit.

of course, he was a big guy

How did you make the font like that? Is it some Romaji font?

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓅𝓎/𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒𝓈. 𝒯𝓇𝓎 𝒾𝓉.

𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖆 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗

🄳🄾🄽’🅃 🄷🄰🅉🄴 🅃🄷🄴 🄽🄴🅆🄵🄰🄶⊡ 🅃🄷🄰🅃’🅂 🄽🄾🅃 🅆🄷🄰🅃 🅈🄾🅄’🅁🄴 🄳🄾🄸🄽🄶⊡

jjjj

i might not agree with the nominees but some of these are pretty good ideas for game awards. certainly better than the crappy awards a few weeks ago that i hardly even remember.

not bad i think

W H A T

I anything compared to the Gayme Awards categories would be a step up.

well i just think its nice that mystical ninja is getting some recognition after konami has all but abandoned it

I did the math. Only 20% of the nominees were released this year.

The other 48 games were released in previous years.

Maybe Churchill just needed a hug.

And the shitest award ever goes to "Test of Time".
Where 3 out of 5 are 5 y/o games and one of two old ones is updated version.

Why people do this?
Do they really feel so attached to a game they vote for it or do they really believe they deserve this nomination?

I didn't even know that was possible and I basically started the board.

Mark, we need to be able to post .mp3s, please make it happen.

Both these games came out within the decade.

April 4 you

yes, and steam is "only" 13 years old

Guys, guys, lets make Holla Forums's own game awards!

At least we all should make up better "Test of Time" nominations, right?

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓎. 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝑔𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈.

2 layers of security then

You can tell this shit is rigged because The Witcher 3 didn't top every list.

The “Test of Time" Award – This award is for the game that is just as good today as the day you first played it. Newer games may come out, but it doesn’t matter… you’ll always come back to play this one.
-Age of Empires II HD
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
-Sid Meier’s Civilization V
-Team Fortress 2
-Terraria

none of these games are older than 10 years, unless you count AOE2

That list is absolute cancer, but Paladins deserves a vote for the second category.

True "Test of Time" nominations should look like this:

FPS: Doom 1993
TPS: Max Payne 2001
Multiplayer FPS: Quake 3 Arena 1999
Platformer: Super Mario Bros 1985
Racing: Super Mario Kart 1992
jRPG: Chrono Trigger 1995
wRPG: Fallout 2 1998
RTS: Starcraft 1998
TBS: Heroes of Might and Magic III 1999

especially if youre one of those old school paladindus who watched the game transform from old paladins to its current iteration.

id have sprung for total annihilation and master of magic personally

Half-life, System Shock, and Deus Ex really stood the test of time too.

Soon, nominations just opened two days ago.
2016.vidyagaemawards.com/

I am sad now.

because reddit would ruin it

I guess I should take that as a sign of pride for having more taste than the masses that voted but numerous god damn ones I saw for the write in award were
and the write in was No Mans Sky
I call fucking shenanigans on that not showing up for worst game.
Nobody wrote in "best explosions", suck my ass steam.

Civ V making the list but not Civ IV just makes me feel >75% of those voting are underaged bait.

They only nominate games they can sell for obvious reasons, but…

ftfy

This is on par with Dead Island's trailer in terms of how unrepresentative of the final product it is.

Glad Im not a PCuck

The 2015 awards were pretty underwhelming. Hope this year's are better.

be nice

PS4 list of games that receive 10/10 scores:
Uncharted 4
Last of Us Remastered
Last of Us 2
God of War 4 Last of Us edition
Skyrim Special Edition
Fallout 4

Nah. Not so much better.

Now that's proof of someone getting paid off, I can't imagine those games actually having a big enough player base to be int he top percentage,

they got it from Patrick Bateman, you dip

Was that added in the movie? I read the book and I don't remember that line

This is actually a fucking terrible list.

They're referring to Wheatley with Portal 2. Wheatley's entire AI concept is he's a complete retard, an AI Core designed to purposefully dull GLaDOS' decision-making.

Does that really count?

It's nice to know that even the average bottom feeder on steam has a sense of humour.

Did you really expect steamfags to have any taste?

the fuck is that

Some shitty video MTV put out that they had to take down twice now because it was getting so much hate.

White genociders coming out of the closet.

Eh, most of those categories have at least one game in the finalists that really deserves to win. Like Witcher 3.

And Terraria. We have to mass vote Witcher 3 and Terraria so that bethesdacancer or garbage like Bioshock Infinite don't win anything.

Hey fuck you man. ETS2 is great.

only steam games could enter the awards, and even then most steamfags have the memory of a goldfish

TF2 could have become a timeless classic if they didn't ruin it.

It doesn't even make sense to give it that award since they're constantly making major changes to it.

THE AUDACITY OF THESE NIGGERS

MTV kevetched too hard about whites that even the normalfags are laughing at them while telling them to get fucked. Feels good seeing the jew reel in pain publicly like this.