Were they serious with this boss...

Were they serious with this boss? Entire game's a cakewalk but now fuck you here's a boss with an instakill attack and a tedious amount of hit points. I just actually beat it which took forever and then I get another fucking boss which killed me. The gooks that made this game have got another thing coming if they think I'm going to bother fighting that boss again. I hope that in the interving 16 years between this game's release and now that some of them got cancer and died.

Yes I'm mad.

You needed to be fully prepared for that one indeed, you needed some precise equipment to take down some of his stuff and pray you had enough ammo for the final form.

So, kinda like that centipede thing in 1 ?

thanks for reminding me that i never actually finished 2. i'm gonna start that again right now

Woke up and I'm still mad.

FUCK THIS NIGGER

But you need to attack the core to kill it, and If you don't destroy the limbs first he can turn at full speed and track you 100% with the instakill beam attack. If you're on the lowest level it will sometimes miss you but it's not guaranteed. You need to grind it down so you can attack the core from an angle while it tries to turn and face you. That can't all be done in less than a minute. Fuck this tedious shit.

Checked.

lolno
You bait the beam then run to the lower part of the walkway while he's charging it.
If you really want to destroy the "legs" grenade them fist, add like 20sec to the fight.

I don't know man.

That reminds me I have to play this shit again at some point. I played it once when I was a kid and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would, though I didn't actually get around to finishing it (the latest thing I remember getting to the part involving the marines near the end of the game). Is the first game any good? I never actually played the original.

It's been sixteen years, so bear with me.

I might have had a pretty powerful shotgun to, hard to remember, in any case I barely remember this fight, I just favored the symbiosis and combustion trees

It's very different but leagues better. The gameplay is tighter, Aya doesn't have a fuckhuge ass like in pe2, music by shimomura worlds better, and the story is much better too with actual characters.

I believe PE is one of the very finest action rpgs, do try it.

Cheers. Just realized that the first game was actually turn-based, which surprised me. Gonna download both and play through from the beginning this time around I think.

Bossfights are obsolete mechanics.

Faggot dies in a few hits. Same with the butterfly thing. If you're lucky enough to connect a granade launcher hit, it dies with 2.

I think this is the proper thread to post this.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one crazy enough to notice this.

If you destroy the lower parts on the front and back of his body first, he will turn at a much lower speed, giving you a larger window to attack the core. If destroy all parts of his body instead of just three, you will also get more BP at the end of the fight.
For the second phase, I suggest you use the Mongoose with poision rounds or the grenade launcher with Airburst rounds. Airburst tends to do a load more damage than standard rounds on this boss for some reason.

I pretty much thought it was a giant, mutated Krotchy from Postal 2

Just figured out how to get gameshark codes working on my ps3, gonna beat the game now. Haha those gooks thought they were so clever but I got the better of them.

Were you rushing to the end ?
I took the fucker down with the nazi pistole with the most powerful handgun round.

hahaha, that was a bitch the first time for me too.

energyshot lv2, antibody lv2, and grenade pistol with some healing items and metabolism lv1 will get you through the entire fight. Just don't use weapons with long readying times unless you have armor with RESIST IMPACT. Armor with that trait will help you survive lethal attacks with 1 HP remaining, so you can try the EOD Suit if you didn't get the Chicken Plate, to increase your survivability. Remember that the fight isn't about damage, it's about movement, so don't get greedy.

the original has Vagrant Story's combat system. It lacks the replay value, mechanical depth, or enemy AI variety that PE2 has. I prefer PE2 to the original even though the original is good and worthy of the praise it receives. I've beaten PE2 at least 20 times doing stuff like pistol only runs, the minimum EXP run, experimenting with magic-heavy builds over defense and gun-reliant armor sets. Scavenger Mode, Bounty Mode, and Nightmare Mode are tons of fun, but Replay Mode gets dull because of how overpowered you are.

ANMCs are basically twisted human forms and the monster designer for the game was really good at making shit that's disturbing on several levels so yeah I think you're spot on.

are correct.

How?

Boot the xploder cheat disc, then swap it out for the game using webman when it asks you to. I use the same method to swap discs for games that have more than one, such as Parasite Eve 2.