Every single "single player" mod that has been highly regarded by the community is shit. I mean, really shit...

Every single "single player" mod that has been highly regarded by the community is shit. I mean, really shit, mediocre at beast. Pic related is even considered by some "better than the original Deus Ex". But it's a turd. I've played a lot of these mods that try to make a new adventure and get incredible praise but in the end all of them are lackluster.

Answer my question:
A)They want to be nice
B)They think it's ok for a mod (even though in their reviews this is never stated, they go their way to put them on the same level as the originals)
C)Have shit taste and enjoy any game
D)Are addicted to the original and will just eat anything that it's similar

what is it? am I alone in this matter?

what's bad about it?

Generalization in anything is shit OP, but then again so are (You)

the main problem I've found to be repeated in all these mods are mainly shit level design. They guys making them can't comprehend that you don't design a level realistically, meaning you shouldn't make them "believable" by making them awfully big. Professional devs know that a smaller scope works better because A) It's a game B) it's more fun. There's no fun in running big distances without anything happening in between. But not only the scope, the level design in all of their variants are just always inferior to the real game, because these guys aren't professional. They can include a lot of stuff, weapons, enemies, whatever, but it's level design what always fails. It's the hardest thing to get it right, even professional developers struggle with it in the vast majority of games. I mean, of course is not realistic to expect a game of the quality of Deus Ex from aficionados, but my problem is with the people who hype up these mods and make me waste time every single fucking time.

Isn't GMDX good?

everything

Are you talking about any sp mod or deus ex mods?
You just want to start shit. And sadly you'll get plenty of butthurt replies, but such is life on this place

Everything. Be it The Dark Mod, the countless half-life mods, etc. Always much inferior than the originals (that's understandable, these guys aren't pros), yet always regarded as the best thing ever.

GSG mods tend to be superior to vanilla experience. Hell, playing with mods is the standard in /gsg/ general

You're not the boss of me.

You tell me, I am still sore as hell about Enderal. Went in expecting good story, and I get the ramblings of the final days of an insane emo teen. I do pity them, they are Germans and with the current situation, no surprises here. When they did Nehrim, they went full leftist edgelord atheist. In Enderal, it is as if they seen Holla Forums, went badshit insane, realised the country is about to be a goner, and they are going to die so they reflected that in the game story too.

They burned the bloody set, the madmen.

Oh boy you're preaching to the right audience right now.
I'll toss in a few of my own, actually, all for New Vegas because that's the only thing I really mod.
Have you ever wondered what does it feel to play a game made by an idea guy who have no idea what the fuck he's doing so instead he tries to mod New Vegas into STALKER? There you have it. "Tacticool" elements out the ass, bullet sponge enemies because of MUH DIFFICULTY, overblown artificial scarcity of things because apparently NCR is not in fact a mere couple days walk to the east away and Gun Runners ceased production, "hardcore" elements out the ass that make no fucking sense whatsoever and cause bullshit like "eat every ingame hour or instantly die" and the cherry on the shit cake - everyone fucking laps this shit up and praises it like second coming of Christ.
Project Nevada isn't retarded or "hardcore" enough for you? This one will teach you how to projectile vomit because it goes above and beyond. Instakills everywhere? Check. Bullet sponges? Check. "Survival" elements? Double check. And I'd rail on it for overblown artificial scarcity but apparently that is the whole point because place turned into a real true pinky swear empty radioactive wasteland because "reasons". Still retarded.
Now, this one is less drastic but it's still shit. Story makes no fucking sense, the amount of retarded elements in it is beyond fucking imaginable("super" radiation, mutated housecats and fucking attack chimpanzees), balancing makes you wish you were playing DUST instead. And it's also a bitch to install because it's in multiple fucking archives. At least 6 of them. It might've grown in size since I last checked.
For those who don't want the bullshit parts of PN/DUST but still desire bullet sponges. Placement makes no fucking sense and neither does the amount of health and involved ammo to drain said health. It's ludicrous and tries to turn the game into some twisted variation of nuts.wad because apparently shooting one ghoul for five minutes is fun, let alone a dozen of them.
I dunno why I'm including those. Actually good for the most part(except for Better Angels or whatever it was called) but the dev is kind of a bitch, though thankfully it doesn't show in mods themselves. Go play them.

OY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

Oh, also, Morrowind Overhaul mod is pretty good. The only minus is tha meassive performance hogging

The only good thing about is the improved draw distance.

that and the prettier trees. Morrowind suddenly looks really pretty with less fog and trees that don't look like anus scratchers

I like how Mr Someguy wrote in to Josh Sawyer asking what modders tend to do wrong and he unknowingly told Mr Someguy about modders tending to be bitches.

You mean from Morrowind Graphics Extender, user-kun?

Did you play past the first level?

It sounds like you're just mad that the first level is really big and open and just assume the rest of the game is shit because of it

literally what

Bump.

I played some DX mod that came out a few years ago, it starred a rastafari-hair nigga and the voice acting was literally done by the first people who volunteered, so a British-Asian-African rastafari bulky agent mothafucka is voiced by some whiny-voiced Brazilian with a horrible accent.

It's worth experiencing just for the horrendous voice work, otherwise it's a piece of shit.

70% of mods are shit. But they're free.

Good mods sometimes become jewed out paid ones. Final Doom is one such example.

ABCD of course. A lot of player made mods have a sense of amateurishness to them that can be charming, they tend to be experimental, but rarely ever do they explore anything worth developing on or even deliver on their own premise. At best Holla Forums likes them because they are free and let them continue to play the same mediocre games (doom, quake, stalker, deus ex, etc.)

This is not to say there aren't some great releases out there. There are some professional developers who make mods, and you can really tell their work apart from everyone else in the games "community." These are more often worth checking out, but all too often you will get the feeling that they're being limited by the framework presented in the game or its engine.

You are far better off playing new games than playing mods.

final doom isn't good, the only good doom games are the first and 64.

The problem with mods is that modders don't know what they fucking want and forgot what fun is.
The majority of stalker overhauls I played include raising enemy accuracy to such a degree that they can snipe you from the other corner of the map with a pistol, then giving the enemy endgame gear near kordon and just hope for the best. As a result, the entire game balance goes out the fucking window and you are hiding like a rat way more than before.

Another issue is modders tending to overhype themselves. One time while browsing VTMB mods I found something called "Final Nights". It promised "7 completely new clans, extra quests, new npcs" and all other shite. So, I install it and what do I see? The "completely new clans" are just reskins of the old ones with no respect for the lore, textures are ugly as fuck and every voice actor sounds like they were picked off the street with a promice of a new fridge cardboard box to live in.

The problem with most modders is that they want to make a game, but have no idea how, so they decide that if they take the base of another game it will be easier. Well, it will be, but you still have no idea what you are doing, so what is even the point?

Some modders tend to hate the games they mod. For example, Frost is a fallout 4 mod that removes all fucking quests, the whole main story and changes the date to only 20 years after the nukes fell. As a result it's a barebones game with no content in it, and purists seem to lap it up.

A different plague of the modders is their nostalgia goggles. Sure, let's just remove the quest marker and give minimum hints to where the place I need is. It's not counterintuitive at all. Some people forget wandering around searching for the fucking cave with the ring in Morrowind. I haven't. But at least Morrowind had detailed enough instructions on where to go and interesting enough landmarks to use for navigation. Most mods have shit level design, yet still insist on pulling shit like that because it's oldschool.

To be honest, the only good big mod I can remember is an obscure russian mod for oblivion, and that's mostly because it added a fuckton of content, didn't break the lore too hard, didn't have quest breaking bugs and didn't take itself too seriously.
fuck I wrote too much

it really depends on how strict your tastes are. Doom 2 has a different focus level design wise than the original

I think he means complete overhauls instead of mods that add shit, think of NWO for V2 for example. He's still retarded if you ask me however

The latest big mod I plaed was Maxwell's World by Trainwiz. It's probably the second worst trainwiz mod yet after world eater beater.
The mod starts with you walking ito some fucking bunker and some antagonistic bitch telling you that you need to put all your weapons in a chest because you have a fuckton of turrets aimed at you. So, being myself, decided to just fucking shoot the turrets. Turrets turned out to be immortal and regenerate, which I didn't even know was possible.
Then came the surprise of the protagonist not having voiced dialogue, despite most phrases being simple and already having recored lines in the vanilla game.
The antagonistic bitch sends you to a cursed park to retrieve her sister. There are a couple of ways to get there, but I decided to just walk on the highway. Here I was greeted with another one of Trainwiz' staples: platforming sections over a fucking abyss. The background in that scene is Kellog's memory, which is also a bit offputting.
Upon reaching the park you find some retextured ghouls and skeletons. The whole place is constantly at night and is covered with fog, so you can't see shit. You are greeted by the sister, who is a bit of a bitch, and a brotherhood knight with a funny name. They tell you the park is cursed and you can't get out.
Then you meet the local vendors who sell cool new weapons, but you get a bad ending for using them like fucking dishonored all over again.
After a while you dind out that you need to do three quests in different places. In order to get the good ending though you need to do each of the quests with a separate companion, and the last companion has to be the cursed skeleton since the rest won't talk to you after finishing the quest. There is no mention of this anywhere in the game, I actually read the goddamn walkthrough to figure it out. Then, to get the good ending you need to visit three places. One place is behind a secret door and the other one is on top of a hill. The third one is a place which you can only tcl through, and it is flat out stated in the walkthrough. You have to cheat to get the ending.
The quests are also fucked beyond belief.In the quests with water pipes you can't reach the switches without a jetpack, since you can't jump high enough. The final quest takes the cake though, since when I got to maxwell himself and listened to him bitch for a few seconds he disappeared and started sending out protectrons and other shit. Each time I cleared a wave the capsule on the wall would open, and after ten minutes I realised that the capsule is supposed to have maxwell in it, but it doesn't. So I reloaded a previous save and had the same shit. I reloaded again, ran into the room and shot Maxwell before he could do anything about it. Then I exited out the back door and lefet the mod, but the quest didn't complete because the companions disappeared into the void and didn't do their dialogues. So, I finish the quest through a console and forgot about it. Two in-game days later the companions reappear (but only the bitch and the skeleton, knight is gone forever). I disabled them through console and still have the shitty flamethrower quest I can't get rid of.
TL;DR: not a single stage of that mod worked for me and I wrote this huge wall of text because I am angry about Trainwiz.

i want to lick her face

Nice bait thread you have here