When is the first suicide going to be Holla Forums?

When is the first suicide going to be Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Fvh1d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soon.

I'm wondering if this shit gonna top NMS in dissapointment factor? Because NMS being shit as it was still was priced at $60, not $100k or whatever these scummers ask. The potential and stakes are way higher this time.

Hopefully not soon

Why would Roberts top himself? He's paying himself a nice wage and when the project goes tits up he'll walk away with a hefty nest egg.

Had a look around to see if that game is actually still a thing.
Apparently pic related is ingame footage?
Color me surprised, at least I can see where the money went.

pretty impressive but that explosion was fucking awful

Reminder that one of their ships was inspired by a pedo

Is it up for refunds yet?

Okay serious question.
Are people seriously looking forward to this?
Even if the game was amazing, just the fact that they're selling pixels for hundreds of dollars should be enough to turn sane people away from it, right?

We don't live in sane times.

NO REFUNDS!

This game's development will never end. Thus the day of reckoning when buyers have to look at the result of their investment will never come. There will always be just a bit more around the corner to keep the money and denial flowing.

A cult-like mass suicide of SC backers would only be a benefit to humanity as a whole.

Yes. Whales and Space Game Dads are that delusional.

So Star Citizen community consists of Furrys, Goons and Pedophiles?

I don't know, if it didn't happen with bernie supporters I doubt it'll happen with star citizen

They're all the same thing.

So what event is going on that will cause more suicides? Won't this be the first year anniversary of when the game was originally marketed as being released?

When they say they've ran out of money.

people aren't, no, but furries are.

The game's all art assets, that's been the case for years. The problem is they can never deliver significant amounts of gameplay and the community has started to realize they're funding a jpeg shop.

Of course some people are, how else would this shit have stayed alive? There are people pouring their life savings into it, and plenty of retards supporting it with more moderate amounts. There is not much sanity in vidya.

patch 2.6 has just been released
the game has the ship arena and the FPS module done, also a small scale single system MMO where all features merge, it is being developed, but its cool to hate everything on Holla Forums, so pretend nothing is done and the devs just run with all the money

You prefer to have EA game publish the game and have a new mass effect or let gullible people fund the game for you?
You know you will be able to host a private server with all the features of the MMO right?
You also know your single player campaign will not be affected at all by that?

never siad that
if it keeps going like this it will
no, buy the cheapest pack and wait, simple

its not ALL OR NOTHING, there is nothing else comming, if Star Citizen fails there won't be any space sims other than the 20 year old ones

what did he mean by this?

Cult-like tendencies in parts of the fandom aside, it's like people have never followed a game in development before.

two more weeks 90 days top

For what?

What is it about this game that has the goons's panties in such a bunch anyway?

this, there are blind people on both sides
just get a cheap pack and wait for it to be done, it will probably be worth at least 40 bucks by 2020

Never since it will never be released.

The game seems ambitious as hell but given how terrible the christmas stream was and how difficult Cryengine is to work with I'm not holding my breath.

Pretty sure none of that changes the fact that they're selling virtual crap for thousands of dollars, you fucking nigger. You don't support this shit unless you've got severe brain damage.

finally looked up this game to see what this meme was about

what the fuck is this horse armor shit

But a lot of games go overbudget and release unfinished, never to be finished.

And that might happen here as well. The point is more, why care so much? What is it about this game in particular that gets people so salty? I mean, either buy it or don't. What's with the constant angst and salt over this?

i don't see why its bad, it won't affect me since i will be playing on private server

Tell me

if the game is really that bad, why hasn't it released yet? Checkmate, trolls.

the jewery

If you can't see how selling virtual spaceships for thousands of dollars is bad, then I don't know what's wrong with you.
I really hope the game fails so that this isn't seen as a good way to make games.

I'm playing it right now, mate. It's a glitchy shitshow but it has pretty graphics. The people playing 2.6 says it's a decent shooter, I'm reserving judgement.
3.0 is the next version and the one to watch for to see if this thing will stand or fall. I'm guessing some time before March.

Ok.

It's none of those things. You're delusional.

I came here for the delusional SC fags

Why? Isn't your own life enough?

SAY IT AIN'T SO
you're no fucking saint either, being here.

It isn't a game, it's a cult. Lonely, uninteresting people are going to spend thousands of dollars to feel connected to the "community".
This kind of stuff should be illegal.

Was EVE even this bad?

t.Derek

At least EVE is f2p, so it isn't as harmful to your life if you decide to not pay for anything.
Star Citizen is $40 a month, and that's so you can just boot up the game. If you actually want a ship that's at least $100. If you want to play the missions that's $60. It's absolutely ridiculous.

So there's no new event or something that triggered this, just random LEL ITS DED?

That's extremely disappointing

are you retarded?

It's the future, too.

SC is a one-time purchase and no monthly fee, you dolt.

Then tell me what's new?

If it's just more shitposting about a shitty game being eternal vaporware, something we've known for years now, then the thread is kinda worthless.

I want to see something big happen like roberts kills himself or says he got into a car accident and needs more donation money in order to complete the game, or that the Sun told him that he needed to go shoot up a mall and that's why the game is abandoned

There was a stream this week that had embarrassing technical difficulties. That's probably why this thread was created.

Oh its just that?

I thought there might be something new that happened that would actually cause the people that fell for this scam to go into panic mode.

How boring.

goons always start one of these whenever a patch comes out to tell us that the game is dead

in fairness, the >POST YFW YOU DIDN'T BUY GAME posters that flock to these threads make their job pretty fuckin easy

I just view it this way. If it fails, I get a good laugh and the knowledge I didn't waste time or money on it. If it succeeds, I grab a cheap version of the game and enjoy myself.

Win win for me really. But i'm not getting remotely hyped or even taking much interest until it's done.

Tell me, what do "goons" benefit from saying your 140 million dollar game is dead?

Another night alone spent productively.

if memory serves, a lot of goons are btfo because they grouped together to buy some of the insanely expensive capital ships and their corps have either fragmented off or they're rump-rattled because the game isn't out yet. i have no sources though, i just remember reading it like a year ago

also, don't call it "my" game, i admit to backing the minimum amount to get a ship ($40 i think) when the kikestarter was still running and this looked like a slam-dunk, but no more

i came for the autistic screeching from both the capital ship buyers and the poorfags who can't afford the basic pack

thats a lie user
thats another lie user
oh i see who is behind this post

This doesn't really make sense.

you're talking about goons. these guys flip their shit when they don't get their way, and are used to their pay-to-post hugbox treating them like snowflakes. i think it's totally feasible that they would fragment off to bitch and moan about this thing they wanted and couldn't get. for what it's worth though, i don't think that the anti-SC posters are goons. i think most of them are just hating what is popular to hate, not that there isn't plenty in SC's development to be concerned about.

Think a little bit user
They want the game to fail, thats simple
And the only thing they can do is to make more people hate the game and stay away from it

I tend to get pissed off when scum and incompetence is behind the vidya I'm playing. It reflects in to the gameplay somehow. Also how are you not sure that the gameplay won't fucking blow? You pre-ordered a concept chart and hoped to get a product that would be worth the investment. Not only does that actually almost never turn out alright but you're supporting blind consumerism and a whole shitload of other shady practices. All because you're "hoping" for a game that won't be pure shit, which as history has dictated looks unlikely.

So I guess if you're fine with being a retarded consumer and an unwise investor then there's really not much reason to care. If you were smart though you would just wait for the game to actually come out and then pirate it to see if it's actually worth your money.

GOD DAMN SON

What is Shekel Citizen actually about anyway? It all feels like No Man's Sky at this point.

I mean what's the story or questlines to it. Is it just going to be like EVE online?

Wew.

On release. Derek Smart will top himself, guaranteed.

Okay serious question.
Do people really not understand the difference between purchasing a product and donating to a project?

There's no product to "purchase" from CIG. What you can do is donate money to the company for the purpose of game development. The developer provides incentive for donations, providing bigger incentives for bigger donations. Now, you could argue that the packages that also include full access to the game qualify as a sort of pre-purchase, but standalone ships (the incorrect "$15,000 jpg meme") are simply donation brackets with rewards scaled to the dollar amount.

Next people will say that you "purchase" tax deductions from charities.

Looks like you live in some shitty place where your currency sucks ass.

Also, that Mustang package gives you ship insurance, in-game currency, full access to the online game, and a ship hangar. Used to be that you could get the singleplayer game on top of that, but they finally split those apart as the singleplayer got closer to completion.

So tell me what's bad about getting a singleplayer+multiplayer game for $35-45, when the current price standard on a new game is $60 + $20 season pass?

More likely when is the first murder going to be. Bet some cultist tries to assassinate Derek Smart.

No less than a year ago was it confirmed by just about every body here in almost every thread we had that SC was a giant shitshow and a scam. Now there's actual shitters who think it's worth giving a chance. If there was ever clear and obvious proof that halfchan and reddit were coming here this would be it.

I'll sage for slightly meta but overall the message is to laugh at people who actually think this hunk of shit is worth $40

SOON™

>>>/suicide/

Good luck looking through the archives finding a faggot who actually thought the game was worth anybody's time during the original threads. There were occasionally a few who were obviously shills/baiting/retarded but your post is only proving my point really.

why the fuck would you even post on an anonymous forum?

Like I said you had to have been there. Which you weren't, because you sound to new. It was commonly agreed that SC was a scam and a piece of shit for several reasons such as the 20k cappuccino machine. Go be wrong somewhere else.

Are you being disingenuous on purpose?
Whats bad is that with the amount of funding and time it's still a stretch to call this a beta and you're ok with 35-45$ price for just a single part of the game because other companies are jewing people with dlc's?
What is this retard logic?

Yeah because companies don't do this right? Charities are totally for helping people right?
What are you even implying here just because its "donating" its not retarded to put money in a project that will most likely be a huge shitshow.
What a weak ass attempt to deflect the fact that they have pretty much nothing to show for all that money and time.

You know you're the one in a thread about shitting on star citizen trying to defend it right?
Do you do it for free?

We have IDs, friend. What are you doing?

Please point to the post where I defended SC.

You tell me. Nice goal shifting though.

Space jewery

You said that I "sound to new". Now, I don't know what kind of slang that's supposed to be, but you've obviously got me confused with 619f82 because you clearly don't understand how IDs work here, so I'll run things down for you.

You made an argument, and then attempted to support it with an ad populum falacy. You were called on it, and then you doubled-down instead of either admitting you were wrong or providing evidence to support your opinion. I ridiculed your fallacious non-argument which appears to have confused you, and here we are with me explaining to you what happened.

I'm a mindless fuck headed retard that sucks the shit from anons assholes like they were expensive pearls.

Whos bandwagon is comfier?
People who want to enjoy this? Or people who want to hate it?

I'm not sure what side to be on, I don't know anything about the game but I see a few nerds here sperging out and its twisting me.

You sound new because you don't understand that the common agreement was that SC was shit in the making from the start up until recently. The few people who were in the original threads that ever had a positive opinion for the game were usually proven wrong on the spot for several and obvious reasons. I'm calling you new because if you were actually in those threads we wouldn't be having this argument right now.

Any anons have an archive of that thread where the user who had actually played SC BTFO out of SC Shill who tried to counter his argument by admitting he hadn't actually played the game?

There you go again with that ad populum.

Just curious.. but are we the fucking borg?

Yeah that's a little creepy. I don't recall agreeing to any of this.
Though I will say. Missiles don't fucking work like that in space, so I'm already a little miffed, even if it looked pretty in the webm.

I used to have a giant folder for Star Citizen before I realized that it was becoming common agreement that the game was going to flop. If I ever find it I'll upload it to the vola or something.

You can either post evidence contradictory to mine or keep whining. Your pick.

How about you just enjoy the figths between anons? That is almost the only reason I come to Holla Forums

Just watched the webm, and I'm not gonna lie, seeing missiles turning with fins in a vacuum gave me a sensible chuckle.

But you've posted no evidence. I can be completely intellectually honest in distilling your entire "argument" down to I dislike X and some people agreed at some point therefore X is bad.

Cheers user, this was the post I was talking about. The shill's response was priceless since he basically ended up blowing off his own foot with a mortar.

[High Pitched Squeaking]

Yea. I'll just pay money for the frame of the prototype ferrari and hope once they put in the engines and wheels it will be street legal.

Meanwhile I'll also pay money for future ferraris based on concept art.

Pic unrelated.

This needs to stop Derek.

You mean this?
archive.is/Fvh1d
Ctrl + f "6204799" for the shill's response, it's pretty hilarious that he admits to not having playing the game when trying to lecture someone that has.

My evidence has been stacking since we've been having threads about the game newfag. There's always been archives, screen caps and solid evidence pointing out why SC has been a giant flop in the making. And the threads were often pointing this all out so we could laugh at how horribly planned this game actually is. You think the name "Scam" Citizen in the OP wasn't around from the start ? If you're not going to admit that you weren't in those threads (because you clearly weren't) then this argument isn't going to go much further.

That's the one cheers.

user why are you having such difficulty admitting that you're stuck on the hivemind bandwagon instead of just posting a concise opinion in your own words on why you dislike the game?

is that you shill citizen?

I've looked at the game from an independent angle and found it shit. What else is there to say? The evidence shitting on the game I often personally fact checked and found them to be correct. What else is there to say? If you're going to assume that my preferences in the game lie in a bandwagon then can I also just assume that you're a contrarian hipster? Last time I checked there were several of those on halfchan and reddit.

aahaha goddamn you are such a stupid faggot its unbelievable at this point.

Heh, are we really so far gone that asking someone to express their opinion using their own words instead of boring low-effort bandwagon/hivemind fallacies makes one a "contrarian hipster"?

He just did, you faggot. Go back to playing with your jpgs.

Are you so retarded as to not read what I posted? I did what you said earlier and I don't find the game appealing on a personal level. There's several space sims I'de rather play than it. If you want a hugbox where people actually enjoy the game go to reddit. I even explained the contrarian hipster thing and apparently that didn't register. You have to be from a site other than this to be this retarded.

But he didn't. See:
How and why? This is literally just "it's shit XDDD".
What evidence?

Lots of weasel wording, zero substance. If you're here to just shitpost, go ahead, but stop trying to pretend you're doing anything but shitposting.

Just because you're not satisfied with the answer doesn't mean it isn't his opinion. If I were him I wouldn't bother with giving you anymore than that. You're just going to brush it off with "le ironic maymay". You don't get paid to agree with him. In fact, I wouldn't even bother with replying. Even this thread contains evidence of the game being shit.

That sounds good. I've been avoiding any and all information about Star Citizen so It's good that some parts are entering a playable state. If they're actually fun then that bodes well for the impending release.

If you want actual high grade, thoroughly researched, articles of substance go to a website that drops citations after every post. If you can find a conclusion outside of the one I've formed then be my guest. But from my word of mouth I'm saying that I do not enjoy the game as a consumer on a personal level, and as a long time fan of space sims. If that's not enough for you than fuck off. The actual facts discrediting the game that support my theory are listed in every thread we've had prior to this. Do 5 minutes of research, I can guarantee you it will be a lot easier to find factual shit against this game than there is for it.

Shill Citizens community is a fucking cult that worships Robert's ass. They live in a fantasy world where the devs can do no wrong.

I think it's more likely he's retarded and doesn't understand how image boards work.

It's a non-answer.
Which is why the post quality here has dropped sharply from the second exodus and continues to plummet. Give more, get more.
Try me.
See
That would certainly be an improvement.

You're deliberately being non-specific in your criticism, user, which is a red flag for second-hand bullshit. For example, I can go into a Souls thread and eloquently and succinctly state what is wrong with Dark Souls 2 because I've actually played the game and formed my own opinion.

You're still trying way too hard to fit in.

I've already mentioned reasons why not to buy it and why I don't like it in this thread more than a few times. Refer to as to why you shouldn't buy it for pre-purchasing alone. You're basically asking me to personally say why the game is bad even though I already have. You just don't believe me when I say that the reasons are my personal distastes for the game.

I would argue that:
Are all non-specific to the point that they could apply to pretty much any game out there. Would you like to hear my opinion on Shekel Shitizen?

They put their ships "onsale"
Its a product they're selling not donations.

Their specific enough to know why you shouldn't purchase the game. Any game that does any of these things, especially all at once shouldn't be worth anybody's time. The problem with SC is that it will never be "fully" out in this or the next decade so the most you can go off of is "early builds" and company statements/records/rumors. So when you ask my "personal" opinions for a game that I can't even play to completion then you're really fucking grasping at straws here. There's no avenue you can bring up that I haven't addressed as to why I don't like this game. It's shit on almost every level except the occasional graphic decisions. Which are most likely exaggerated as most early builds are.

Keep posting. You're really showing your stupid.

I'm asking you to provide specific examples of issues you have with the game, not vague, non-specific criticisms that can be applied to every other game. I'm giving you an out here. You don't need to keep up with the damage control.

Also, my offer still stands if you would like to hear my opinion on Shekel Shoahzen.

The issues are specific examples of problems I have with games you tard. Actually read what I posted and understand that many people share them. If you want a specific one how about the fact that I'll be 70 when I can finally make a final assessment on the game when it's finally fully out.

Nobody cares. I wasn't serious when I called you a faggot hipster but you're certainly changing my mind.

If you aren't willing to provide genuinely specific examples to support your claim, I'm afraid there's really nothing more that can be done here. You've become a bit of a dead end. Hopefully you'll get your act together and post better content in the future.

Good luck, user.

I've made them newfriend. If you're going to ignore them then there's nothing I can do. Best wishes I guess.