IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE CURRENT YEAR THERE IS ONLY SHIT

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE CURRENT YEAR THERE IS ONLY SHIT
I honestly never thought I'd look on Firewarrior with nostalgia. Seriously, was there a single decent warhammer game released in years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanide_(company)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's been quite a few solid games this year, what are you talking about?
oh

You've got to ask yourself what gives when games keep popping up but the last one I remember stomaching for longer then two hours was a breeki mod for Medieval 2. I'd go for straight up nucom with marines at this point.

What about that new game from the guys who made E.Y.E.? Is it not good?

It's ok and kinda fun, but it's not a good game.

Well, it looks very pretty.

The weapons feel like pea shooters, your squad of two is braindead and is usually there to block a door or spam the same two quips over and over unless you give them claws, then they at least ruin everything near them The skill/item progression is linear and your main form of attack are assfaggots like special abilities that range from useless to broken.

Best of all is how missions are designed to make you circle the map 3-4 times on average while fending off generic waves.

What could have been better? What could they have added to make it not linear?

Closest I've seen is Fire Warrior, but that game was generic shit and you had to play as a blue fish.

We'll never get Git Row.

Man O'War Corsair is looking promising but that is about it
DOW III is going to be beyond shit

You tell me OP, since the post-THQ years, GeeDubs has been whoring their franchise to anyone giving them a cut.

Things were actually looking good for 40K games for once. We had Battlefleet Gothic and Deathwing coming out while DOW3 was finally announced along with a statement declaring they were returning to their roots. Battlefleet Gothic was alright but Deathwing is looking to be a dissapointment while DOW3 is going to be a mix of the worst parts of modern RTS.

Battlefleet Gothic and Deathwing do have decent single player campaigns and stories, but everything else pretty much lets them down. DOW III quite literally looks like it has decided to see the mistakes what every modern RTS has done in the past decade and decide to all of them.

Don't pin the blame on this wreck on GW. As useless as those fucking kike faggots are the blame for Deathwing being a pile of trash lays with it's developers.

isn't vermintide good?

It suffers from a broken drop system and the same scripted shit that Deathwing has, meaning that it has artificial replayability. It's also extremely similar in gameplay to L4D even with the fantasy setting.

oh okay. thank you for saving me 12 dollars.

"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt."

Yeah but L4D2 at least had decent AI and gunplay.

The E.Y.E. devs were co-developers, this fucking trash studio also worked on the game.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanide_(company)
They've worked on nearly 30 games since 2010, they make complete garbage.

Who the fuck let these people near Warhammer?

The publisher, Focus Home Interactive. They've got close ties to them.

I enjoy the slower pace of Deathwing and the exploration aspect of the singleplayer. I just wish there was a reason to explore in MP.
Simple idea would be to add relics around the map in random spawns and have them give a buff for the duration of a level.

BFG was good.

Total War Warhammer is good.
Deathwing is buggy as fuck but alright.

Suck my dillz.

Sure! Are you in New England?
I'm serious by the way

New England hasn't changed much from England apparently

styx was good

If they were so patriot, they wouldn't be called New England, would them? Fucking redcoat-wannabes.

I want to believe.

Bitch you best not imply Styx is shovelware.

What, Desuwing is really that bad?
I know EC is a steaming pile of shit with diva-devs.

It is a fluke

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Procedurally generated campaign, repetitive gameplay, shit balance, shit dlc. Great graphics and art design in general.

Remind me how it's good?

I just like the attention and approval the receiver gives me

like every other game?

you just need to git gud

I'm guessing you didn't have a dad?

Eyy fuck you fuckin guy you dont fuck with new england dood come to beantown bustah brown n ill blast your big blue balls all over the fahken commons and take your bitch to dunkies for some boilin hot coffee you boisterous butt batter. I'm from fahken bahston kid, wicked pissah. GO PATS

How long till me get a 40k Mario Cart ripoff?

It's not that you totallynot/vg/fags aren't annoying or that you kill any attempt at a 40k or crpg thread, but the low energy bait is really insulting.

I made a honest if subjective post, and even acknowledged what bfg did right. You took that goodwill and pissed in my face. Shameful!

Oh, are we already at this stage of a 40k thread?

Oh jeez. You play a game for 20 hours and then complain it's repetitive.
Tell me Holla Forums, how long should a game go on?
How much replayability do you want out of those 30 bucks?

L4D2 WAS repetitive. The most variation was map to map (5 maps at launch, wooooo). It always followed the same structure:

Every single goddamn map was like that at launch. And there's very few who deviate from this structure. And the one's that do, don't deviate the much. The Parish was a much needed breath of air, too bad it was the only diferent one.

Even then, I bought l4d2, played around 100 hours for 30 bucks.
I bought Vermintide, so far I got 80 hours for 30 bucks.
Planning on getting Deathwing for christmas and if I get another 100 hours for those 30 bucks,money well spent for me.

The difference is l4d2 has a ton of community made maps that are pretty good and I've gotten over 400 hours off of it.
I was expecting a lot more from vermintide but its so barebones, it feels like a beta version.
And looks like spacehulk will suffer the same fate, unless they actually flesh it out and add the ability to make community maps the games are going to die fast.

They wont tho, too much money to be made jewing people with dlc's, vermintide is allready doing it. How long for deathwing?

Okay now I am fascinated, how can one make a game for the one event that only grandfathers and bored uncles watch.

Or maybe he's just a fag.

My biggest complaint with Deathwing is that co-op multiplayer is unplayable because of bugs and crashes like opening the inventory causing the game to crash or being unable to fight because you opened a fucking door. While the single-player works perfectly and plays better. Never mind that I kind of expected there to be more with the multiplayer co-op.

how the fuck

Oh shit, they're the guys from Blood Bowl! I remember a long time ago, they made Chaos League, which was exactly what Blood Bowl would be if it had a vidya… then got hired to do exactly that. A lot like Streum On with EYE and WH4K.

You would think this would be a team-up made in heaven.

We have New England personal adds, nigger speak and dedicated shitters like you. I'd say so.

And trust me user, the head bobbing and powerfisting novelty quickly run out.

Vermintide is good for what it is: a fun time waster. It never suported modding, so of course it never went futher than a few hours.
But consider the price. It's not a full priced game. You can pick up the "supah dupah speshul edition" now for 30 bucks. Shit comes with all DLC and everything. At 30 bucks, it's still a good game to play and go back to a couple of times every month. Not to play obsessively 7 hours a day.

From the vids I've seen from Deathwing it kinda looks like the same deal. Cheap game to waste a bunch of hours in at first and then go back once in a while. But since E.Y.E had custom maps, I'm sure Deathwing will get some aswell since it doesn't have freaking Denuvo.

My experience with comunity maps has been shit, but I'll believe you found a few good one's.

Ah well, point taken then. Not randomizing shit between missions is a big mistake. Vermintide doesn't randomize Grimoires for instance, and that kinda makes the game too predictable.

That's one of the details I liked in L4D2: the AI director would gauge how well you were doing and either block shortcuts with props forcing you to go the long way or open them up and block the long way if your team was half-dead to give you a fighting chance. Dificulty adapting to the player is something you rarely see nowadays and combined with map-layout changes it spiced up the game a lot.

For me, Vermintide compensates for it by having a ton of diferent maps so it's hard to memorize them all. Do the maps in Deathwing all look the same, or are they varied enough?
What the dick user? I heard folks saying the levels were fucking huge and it crapped all over toasters.

This is one of my biggest fears with Deathwing.

I think there's room to make even the standard maps have more replayability with little work.

k

The moment DOW3 announced it was "going back to DOW1" it was clear it was going to be awful. What they should have done was just have DOW2 with proper tech trees (whether through basebuilding or not) and with COH2s engine so it had true line of sight. Besides having better scale and far better tech trees DOW1 was strictly worse than DOW2, they should have just upped DOW2s scale and given back basebuilding or somehow fixed the teching issue.

What's bigger, a 500x500 open field or a 1000x1000 solid bloc with sporadic tunneling? There's plenty of background eyecandy, cathedrals and shit, but we're generally talking about tunnels, pipeways, prefab rooms and more tunnels.

You're also encouraged to roam about looking for (pointless) relics and the rare chatlog/savepoint so it's common to backtrack.

There are little nid symbols on the radar to show you where they spawn. And provided they don't get stuck somewhere, they spawn there every 40-90 seconds. Occasionally there's a hold this point or oh shit this corridor has a fucker with a missile launcher hiding on the terrace above moment. That's it.

Bull fucking shit. Streum on is the primary developer for Deathwing. Do you actually remember how shit EYE was on release? And how it got better only after a few updates?

This was actually very sparsely done in game and the actual path changes ended up being fairly minimal to my disappointment after how they built it up as being a huge thing.

But Deathwing was decent, if a little rushed
Were you expecting something other than the horde shooter they advertised it as?

This thread isn't good enough.

You stupid fucks aren't reaching a consensus fast enough, it's making everyone waste their time.
Just kill everyone that disagrees with you until there's only one faction left, it's incredibly tiresome watching you squabble among yourselves, i need a single, prevalent opinion on this game and i need it NOW.

For one I didn't expect it to be a shitter fps take on Space Marine. I also hoped that knee high crates and fences wouldn't be the bane of AI pathfinding.

I don't believe I ever saw more then ten xenos on my screen at any given point. And not that it's much of a challenge to deal with them when point blank plasma cannon or some of the "powers" will vaporize near anything.

Hey faggot, how about you torrent it and make up your own damn mind?

What?
But it's a multiplayer focused game, isn't it?

It's nothing like Space Marine though. And it fits the whole vibe of what Space Hulk is about, stomping through ships and killing genestealers

That's bullshit, there's multiple places where you get swamped by more 10 by the second level

Try playing on a harder difficulty then

Wait a month or two for some more patches to come out, then pirate it and see for yourself

You can still get a feel for the game, right?

Try being less shit and kill them faster then

Really, does it fix the AI? My impression was that is simply buffed the enemies. Fuck me then, I figured Lion's Sword/hard was fine.

Nids can't break doors, they spawn in perfectly marked areas, shooting plasma cannons point blank and friendly fire in general is perfectly safe, your three termies will fix all injuries (including being ripped to shreds) once you press your panic button teleport, and you generally keep the sprint bar empty because fuck covering corners.

You're completely right though, time to purge this drek from my hard drive and play a real space hulk game.

God dammit, that was for

and

Looks like anons are pretty split on this game. I'll wait a bit.

You need to go back

I want this meme too die.

Amen.

It's just an alternate name for the pro cycling manager series, which name is pretty self-explanatory.

When will these anti-40k autists leave?

I figure trump posting pacified the (1) tier cancer for as long as it could.

There's fags and then there's dadless fags. The difference could save your b. hole.

You're just trying too hard now.

It's embarrassing.

You're been riding up my ass for (7) now, why? Game's pretty shit, wish it wasn't but hey, since when was this place against salt parties?

I've seen upwards of 20 or so enemies on screen at once on hard difficulty, but then you have to deal with the artificial padding that comes with that

The only thing that's embarrassing is your Stockholm syndrome, you turbo faggot.

BFG got patched into oblivion by adding unbeatable Eldar, removing the Taunt ability, then nerfing every race to "balance" things - while leaving the Eldar's speed and pulsars untouched

I'm starting to understand why so many 40k players are spess muhreen faglords; those fucking space elves ruin everything

Are there any good 40k mods?

Are we just (#)s now?

Really, this is just pathetic at this point. You've said numerous things that are demonstrably false and your only argument is "b-bb-b-but game is shit" Sad!

Well circling the map 3-4 times and fending off generic waves is pretty much the whole point of Space Hulk, and EYE was a horde shooter so I actually got exactly what I was expecting. A very specialized game when converted to vidya, the only true disappointment for me is Blood Bowl since it's not basically Mutant League Football.

yes, the only identification is ID and post count

This tbh. People complaining about SHDW are by and large the same people who complained about EYE, and for much the same reasons. They go in expecting an RPG or a mild linear FPS, when both games are actually intended to be ultra-violent parties where you just kill a fuckton of stuff. Which is disappointing if one was expecting an RPG or a mild linear FPS, but that's not what the games are about.

I will say EYE's probably the better game, since Culter/JSD warriors are a lot more powerful than terminators and the selection of weapons is better, so EYE tends to be a lot more crazy. However, SHDW is still pretty fucking good if you're looking for a horde game.

I'd call you shitposter and a baitfag but if you convert that to binary I suppose I'd fit the 40k theme. :^)

In multiplayer or?

Yes in multiplayer, I haven't tried above normal in singleplayer

hahhaha not true, what are you? a butt hurt beth shill mad everyone is criticizing nudoom over that?

eat shit commie

This. I don't know what these fags were expecting from a Space Hulk game when it was up front with what it was going to be. It's like ordering a peanut butter sandwich, seeing a picture of the sandwich before ordering, getting that sandwich that looks just like the picture and then complaining that it doesn't have bacon. At this point the majority of the complaints are shitposting that it somehow wasn't exactly what was shown in the first place or simply making up random horse shit like "but i haven't seen more than 10 enemies on screen at once" then getting rectal ravaged when someone points out how wrong they are.

t. shitposter

Armada's only shit because they can't balance the fucking Eldar right. I haven't played it in a while though so that may have changed since last I played.

I'll chalk it up to that, then. SP outside of special fights on hard is still funnel and flame wave+explodeafag.

How about go in and expect an space hulk game? Proper squad management, a real loadout system, and a tempo that would fit a classic rainbow six and not a cod game. Is that fair?

I don't give a single shit how some autistic tabletop crap plays. I bought a Streumon game thah happened to be set in 40k and got exactly what I was expecting.

Who said anything about tabletop?

Ouch, that's kind of a bad comparison to make right now.

Since mechanically RE7 is closer to the classic RE titles and especially RE1, just with a first person perspective, and people on Holla Forums, both RE4 fans that wanted RE4, and classic fans that can't work with the FPS aspect and don't care if everything else more or less works like RE1 did, are shitting on the game mindlessy.

The Devs were shit at balance from the getgo, even after being told about issues with Chaos being terminally weak and the Eldar being a gimmick faction

I didn't like Deathwing. Of course I didn't like E.Y.E. either so maybe I'm just not going to like anything those devs make.

THIS FUCKING INDUSTRY

Space Hulk even when being adapted faithfully is not comparable to Rainbow Six in tempo, well if you could compare a tabletop's temp to a video game anyways. Only the squad management and loadout management is the only things I find truly lacking.

The last Warhammer game that was adapted 1:1 from the tabletop rules was Mordheim.
And people cryied their eyes out screaming that it was too hard.
You ever played an actual SpaceHulk game on the tabletop? Terminators die like they're made of paper. That doesn't translate well to videogames.

Space Marine was pretty okay.

Space Hulk is doomed to be shit until eihter mods come out to tweak damage, enemy count, and AI, or the devs do the same. Oh, and they need to fix the massive glitch problems.

More damaging weapons, higher enemy count for one.
Would've preferred less repetition with the maps. Having to circle around a bunch gets dull
Would've also preferred more tight traditional-spacehulky halls and ship interiors
Don't much care for the tech heresy hacking load.
The UI looks like utter garbage
It's poorly optimize, fucking massive, and glitches a load.
Squadmates are retarded
Objectives are by the large boring

Best this game does is look absolutely the part. Would've preferred latin for the armor text ,but that's just me, probably not lore-accurate that way anyhow.

Hell, personally I'd make the case that a 500x500 whatever what's densely packed with things, be they tunnels, buildings, or what have you, is 'larger' than a 1000x1000 open field, in terms of games. Gives you more surface area, as it were, for the player to explore. Or, put more basically, requires more time to see it all.

People want it to be like Space Marine. With good reason, that game if nothing else did make you feel like a proper chosen son of the God Emperor himself.
Instead, it feels rather lackluster. Weapons don't hit well enough, enemies aren't as numerous as they should be, and for that matter they don't hit well enough either.

You mean just like the Holy Grail of FPS'es, DOOM?

The phrase "Holla Forums hates videogames" and Holla Forums is full of shit" is true.
Faggots like you will ALWAYS find reasons to hate something (except their "perfect" old game). Always.

Nope, but I did play it on dos and amiga. And funny how they had more competent translators in the 90s.

Higher ammo count, weapon customization and friendly fire would also go a long way. Imagine proper stormbolters and combi-weapons, hell imagine chainfists and powerglaives.

And how about Cyclone launchers for those wide open hangars?

Pretty sure latin doubles as high gothic.

Yeah, High Gothic is pretty much Latin, while Low Gothic is similar to German.

Here's your (((you)))

I prefer my gibberish runeswords but kraut does look nice on steel.

Only when you stop acknowledging their existence. They want attention, you're giving it to them.