GOTY 2016 Charts

It's time, Holla Forums. Let's see those charts.

I'll bite.

kek a sonygger

Also, I would've listed Monster Hunter Generations but I played MHX last year so it doesn't count for me.

NO, END YOURSELVES NOW. YOU'RE BOTH REPORTED

lol no

The only game I enjoyed was Pokemon, but I wouldn't call that GOTY material by a long shot. Everything else (that I played) that came out this year sucked donkey dick. No GOTY this year, just disappointment and old games.

Sure.
Still haven't played Deathwing, Shadow Warrior 2 or DooT. How are any of those?

I don't think that counts.

Isn't it a different game from Odin Sphere?

It is a remake, but it adds and changes so much it's basically an entirely different game.

D 0 0 M

everything else

Fuck my anus please more often.

There was a thread like this a few days ago, and I didn't see any mention of Civ VI in that either. Is it that bad?

What's wrong with it?

I don't think it's bad so much as just easy to forget or ignore. Beyond Earth was a bit of a flop, and VI didn't really do much to make it a stand-out, so most people stopped talking about it a month after it came out.

good, fuck pc gamers. the lot of you are a plague.

Did I miss out on anything?

Wait for the expansions, Civ Vi already has most of the content Civ V got through it's expansions.

Here you go.

GOTY

So it's worse than Civ V with the Brave New World Expansion, huh? What a shame.

Summer never ends.

Y'know, I expected the fact I had Xbone games on my list to ignite a shitflinging contest, not the fact that I had a Vanillaware title.

These are only mildly related, you just reminded me Vanillaware games exist and the company isn't particularly fond of money.

So Shiren is good?

Yeah, it's pretty great.

I'd also have Steins;Gate 0 as my runner up, but it's not really a game so whatever.

Clearly I haven't played many recent games. Got an absolutely huge backlog of older stuff already.

not that i can think of. I don't think any of the games I played and enjoyed in 2016 were released in 2016.

Your shit taste is terminal I'm afraid.

What can I do, I love sci-fi. /shrugs

Ooops, misread that, I thought you meant IW.

GOTY
Blood and Wine

Runner-Up
I'm honestly having trouble trying to think of one. Every game I think of actually came out last year, or the year before. There are some games I'm interested in that came out recently but I haven't bothered to get them yet. Stuff like Arigami, and Xanadu Next which IIRC is simply a PC release for an old PSP game. I have played games this year but nothing that actually stands out and makes me think "this is the best thing that has come out this year", most of it's just stuff that happened, was decent, and then I forgot about it.
Fuck this industry sometimes. 1998 will never happen ever again. :(

I bought Gravity Rush today and played 30mins.
It seems good, and it's the only game I've played that was released this year, thus it's my pick for GOTY.

Best games I've played that released this year:

GOTY
RUNNER-UP
HONORARY MENTIONS
WORST GAME OF THE YEAR

Excluding demos, all I've played this year was Pokken; so I guess it was that by default. Other than that I have been getting through my backlogs.

Maybe next year I will try to play more.

Mediocre, mediocre and mediocre.

While OP is a console turbofaggot, you actually manage to eclipse him.

How bad is the Ghostbusters video game? I didn't even know it existed.

I wouldn't call it bad.
It's just kind of mediocre.
Probably better than the movie.

Middling as fuck. It's actually so bland and dull that it's actually offensive.

Don't know about the game but the movie is really good, we even got back the monkey from the TV series

GOTY: Odin Sphere is the first one that popped into my mind so yeab.
Runner Up: Transformers Devastation came out this year, right?
Honorary Mentions: Zero Time Dilemna despite its problems, and Persona 5 because PLEASE GOD LET THE TRANSLATION BE NOT SHITTY. Yes I know Futaba's voice is only a little better than Burch's but Chie's new VA got gud so maybe a miracle can happen
Worst Game of the Year: nuDoom. Fuck Bethesda, and fuck their who just repeat what "id Software" wants them to say. Yes I went there.

Fuck off, weebtard.

Nothing.

Alright, you're officially retarded bait.

I love how mad people get over all those Skyrims.

Why mad, just proves that japs have at least as shitty taste in vidya as "us".

you are the retard, proof in my pic

Your joke is shit regardless and that shit political disgrace to Ghostbusters is in no way good.

I have no idea how I missed this entire series.

Honestly no joke.

tttbh (too thicc, tbh).

THICC

Just because people can make games, doesn't mean they have great taste in them

GOTY is probably Dark Souls III, though that isn't saying much. Runner up is Mankind Divided, again not saying much. 2016 was a shit year for games. If it counted, I'd have Witcher 3 GOTY/Complete as my 2016 GOTY.

Nah, it just proves devs have shit taste because they spend all their time working on games so probably don't play many of them or at least very little. Devs are probably casual simply because of the effort and stresses involved in making games. Just play something you can sit back and enjoy.

There's no other way to have a Milf imo

If the bitch can't accompany me on long ski trips, she doesn't register.

those proportions are truly retarded.

So are you.

There's nothing wrong with fapping to things with retarded proportions. Don't take it personally.

Kirby: Planet Robobot was pretty fun. So to answer your question, no. You did not miss anything.

Fuck you don't tell me how to react you triplinigger you're not my dad.

She'd have plenty of time to do that after we both return and while I chop wood. Stop idealizing sloth.

Subjective.

You're a thick sloth. Checkmate, atheists.

IW is patrician choice.

Is this thread for Goyim of the Year?

/fit/moms are sexy though

>>>/ara/ needs you.

All for should be GOTY. I'm going to be banned, aren't I?

There are so many good options for worst game of the year, but I just went with the worst game I actually played.

Sun and Moon were definitely the worst main games since BW, though. This is the first time I couldn't bring myself to finish the main story.

Is Xanadu next good?

But seriously I could understand why people wouldn't like it, they're one of Falcom's weaker titles. I still enjoyed it enough to throw it in my honorable mentions and I'm looking forward to the 3rd game.
Same, the constant hand holding and being on rails the whole time made it barely feel like a game. I know pokemon is suppose to be easy/for kids, but they're really pushed the casualizations to the extremes

Kek.

Mark ate my text. So:

GOTY and runnerup are basically interchangable. I am a massive Hitman fan and the game was entertaining as fuck to me, the novel way of adding stuff through the year was interesting. TF2 had taken me by surprise by being a old-school skill-movement oriented fragfest instead of CODshit i imagined it being. Singleplayer was really good too.

Aaaand i did pick the games with top playtimes on Steam as my honorabus.

As for Witness well this shit is beyond frustrating. I fucking hate this attitude of "do what the fuck you want, we ain't gonna explain shit" in puzzle games. Also after i'd beaten it somehow i find out that to get some of the sikrit puzzlepieces you need to watch some lenghy obscure shit on in-game tv in its entirety. Fuck that. Fucking hated that game during its playthrough and hate it even now. Fuck you Blow and your highbrow bullshit game. Go make some platformers about AIs or some shit.

It's one of Falcom's best games imo, go pirate it and do a blind run. If you like it consider buying it because falcom still gets money from it, which in return might lead to a new similar game

Is Ghostbusters a truly terrible game or is it just because of the IP?

It's 2016.

It changes and adds so much that I can barely call it a remake. Hell, they made a good game into a godtier game.

Yeah, terrible game.

Movie tie-in game + based off a movie selling itself on controversy = extremely garbage product.

Game of the year on Holla Forums should actually be about games you played for the first time this year, not about games released in it.

The game I played for the first time the most this year didn't come out this year.

Which game?

It was either Dragon Ball Online or Eve Online.

is that supposed to be wilma ?

No.

It's like Holla Forums really is just one person.

THERE IS NO GOTY FOR 2016

EVERYTHING IS SHIT

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE THE SHITFEST

Overdose on cyanide pills

FTFY, just admit you like it because le coldsteel. Falcom knew that the only way people would play this shit is if they added reddit memes or yuri.
Those fucks did both.

I'm not games or years I just have a backlog

Right now I started undertale and I'm suspicious about that goat but I want to fuck her

Also more thicc moms

To be fair, Homefront should be even lower. That game came out a buggy mess I thought.

holy shit i didn't know reddit came from space, explains a lot

holy shit this is cancerous

Yep.

Nothing. The only games I played that were released in 2016 were some """indie""" games (Gungeon, S&S, Deadbolt, SUPERHOT, Sjwbound followed the game through pretty much the entire dev cycle and it was still trash on release, what a surprise)
And the only AAA game I played was Overwatch, but that's some hot garbage.

What the hell are you even going on about?

Does the worst game have to be a game i played?

This year is the year I quit games. I'm still shocked it managed to be worse than last year.

Holla Forums faggots are fucking cancerous.
The first one is betty and she looks nothing like a nigger, more like a nip.
Second one is people mad that Fred is monogamous.

You could of chosen to get mad about the constant "dey stole our land" Indian shit but instead you decided to make up issues to complain about.
Your the GROTY

No dignity.

GEE IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU ARE WEARING TERMINATOR ARMOR OR SOMETHING, WHAT ARE YOU A BLOODRAVEN?

Learn to read

Well since there is barely any yuri and fuck all "reddit memes" that means; you're shitposting for the sake of shitposting, haven't played the game and basing your views off shitposting or you are an extremely asshurt waifufag.

Got it.

Does DQ Builders go full retard on the puns and accents like the mainline games?

Would that be considered
HERESY?

there are some jokes, but theyre actually kinda funny tbh. mostly pokes fun at itself. "he has a big bushy beard, so i think we can trust him" "oh you woke up here and dont remember anything? thats not suspicious at all" "thats what you chose to call that invention? really? i see youre not the creative type…"
it has no meme jokes or anything like that tho…
the goo puns dont ever get old, so dont you dare…

is that you dunkey?

as long as there isn't anything like pic related I'll give it a pirate

Just imagining your life of being mad is terrifying and disgusting.

Seeing how there's no Knack in sight - definitely not.

its got these muscleguys that all have cockney english accents. but its easier to read than that. sorta.

there is an old english accent that ghosts speak or from flashbacks, but its easy to read.

Filthy casual as fuck.

??

Obviously a muscle elf.

alright, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up

What? I had no problem reading it and beating the game, it's just taking a localization to such an extreme that it's annoying.

Is that link?

no Rabi-Ribi? seriously?

I played the demo and enjoyed it but I'm waiting for the physical vita release before I play the full game

niche game

sasuga Holla Forums

Didn't play anything insultingly bad. Then again, didn't play that many other 2016 games.

thats barbarella. queen and leader of the weird muscle men.

you can also pick a qt girl. the skin, hair, and eyes are custom.

youtube.com/watch?v=35kLAn0YZdU
the opening of this game is hilarious. its so literal its brilliant. the blue guys hop on people to attack them. serious music with those goofy modernized 8-bit era enemies. the way he breaks bricks in perfect cubes… they really went all out in the intro.

VNs are games

So Ys VIII is actually good?

Yes, it fixes every problem Seven and Celceta had. Then goes on to improve the game further, also you can use the classic bump system with a special item

Only games released this year which I have played are

Shadow Tactics
Hearts of Iron 4
Shadow Warrior
Rimworld
Obduction
Total War Warhammer

Shadow Tactics is definitely GOTY.

Why is Jake Gyllenhaal so perfect?

>>>Holla Forums

Some faggot got triggered by something that wasn't there and you want to call me Holla Forums

I've started Nier in preparation for next year. There are some promising looking releases coming up.

Dunno user, why do you fucking think people think you're cancer?

Ys VIII is out for burgers?!
i hate being poor

No, japan onry and no localization announced yet.

Show me were I said that, dumb faggot.

Nope, Japan only. You're gonna be waiting until 2018 for that shit in the west.

Oniken and Odallus. Get on it

There's a lot better Sci-Fi games out there than IW that you would probably enjoy more, user.

nice meme

oh and zenimax doom getting any mention at all too i guess

I didn't play deathwang since I heard it runs poorly and I don't have a very beefy rig.

Don't actually have a GOTY this year. Lots of 7/10's that kept me entertained for a while, but nothing outstanding.

Rabi-Ribi and ICEY are getting mentioned quite a lot, will have to pick them up over Christmas.

Transformers Devastation was this year? I just got it and love it quite a bit, would definitely add that to

What is ICEY?

No, Devastation was last year

Platinum released a few games this year but I doubt any of them are making it high on any GOTY list

you know that's wrong faggot

How is Shadow Tactics? Is it similar to satellite Reign?
How similar is Redout to Wipeout
How is Sentry knight tactics?

fite me

I believe much of the same, fellow gamer of unspecified gender

2016 was so shit this is almost accurate.

I'm sincerely trying to think of a game I played this year that I'd call a GOTY and I'm coming up with nothing. Maybe XCOM 2? Even that isn't what I'd normally consider GOTY material. Shit, I didn't realize how underwhelming this year was until this thread made me think about it.

That's the catch nothing good came out this year, we need to find what's the least bad

Dragon's Dogma
Doesn't even count for 2016.

Glad to see absolutely nothing's changed and this board is still garbage.

It's the second anniversary of when Holla Forums became reddit2.0 now.

I said it's not something I'd normally consider GOTY material. It's just that this year has been so weak that XCOM 2 is one of the less bad things to choose from.

Fuck, I completely forgot that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided came out just a few months ago and that I played it and immediately forgot I even owned it because it was so forgettable.

:^)

I actually couldn't think of enough games that came out in 2016 that I played so I added stuff I'm playing at the moment in 2016. To be fair on Eternal Poison it's not terrible, it's just the worst thing I'm playing at the moment, I'm not far in so it might get better.

I like this, that's my opinion and I understand if others don't.

These lists are always garbage because not enough people play games from the ==CURRENT YEAR,==
myself included.
Remakes/Rereleases/Ports need not apply
GOTY: Inside
It was short and simple yet flawless.
Runner-up: nuDoom's Campaign
It was great fun using the super shotgun on ultra-violence once again while running and jumping all around. The people who complain about this game have never played it, thought Doom 3 was not complete garbage, believe in Sandy Peterson's ability to design levels, and have never touched a .WAD in their life. Though I would say I wouldn't enjoy this game at all if I had played it on console. Vulkan is a wonderful thing.
Honorable Mentions: Titanfall 2, Furi, Devil Daggers, and Dark Souls 3.
This is just anything else I played that came out this year that I don't have any issues with. Overwatch, Hyper Light Drifter, and Street Fighter V don't make the cut. Space Hulk: Deathwing came out too recently.
Worst GOTY (that I played): Monster Hunter Generations/X
I've played this shit for hundreds of hours but it has so many tiny flaws that pile up and pile up to spoil the entire experience. I enjoyed my time, but my enjoyment was severely limited by small, stupid design decisions.
Games I Wished I played: Shadow Tactics, Rainbow Six Siege, Enter the Gungeon, and Yakuza.

Actual Worst GOTY: No Guy's Buy

Mark won't let me delete my post to fix the fucking failed redtext.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Literally the only game from this year that I played through in it's entirety. I really haven't gotten around to playing anything else from this year, since I've just been trying to play through some older shit.

I need to get around to playing Inside. I immediately bought the GOG version when they removed Denuvo just to send a message and I liked Limbo quite a bit.

Yeah Inside was surprisingly decent compared to Limbo, maybe not GOTY but I'd give it an honorable mention

Fuck your opinion.

CURRENT YEAR

you speak as if all first-person shooters must have more than one weapon by default

AM2R honorary mention or fuck off

(checked)
XCOM2 is pretty great with the right combination of mods. Long War is practically finished, although piecemeal and lacking a couple features which are found on other mods. Easily my pick, if only in terms of hours played.

Check these, though.

Here's my list, OP.

Hitman was good.

I played Dragon's Dogma, DMC4SE, Dark Souls III, and a bunch of other shit, mostly old GameCube games, the first two Witcher games, Fallout New Vegas, some Final Fantasy XI, and the STEEP beta.

GOTY is a shit meme that should die, you know. It implies that each game on the market is somehow in competition with all the others. That's fucking wrong, though, because games from different genres shouldn't ever be compared, unless you want to talk about pointless shit like sales figures or brand recognition. How the hell are you going to compare Uncharted 4 to The Witcher 3, or Dark Souls III to Watch Dogs 2? You can make superficial judgements, like the graphical fidelity, sound quality, and general engine/game performance, but that's where your similarities will end. What a shallow pool of criteria by which we're meant to choose a champion. This is the same reason people mock the VGAs; because it's superficial trash that doesn't give thoughtful analysis to, or draw meaningful conclusions from, each contender from specific genres, and is instead satisfied with existing as yet another extension of the hype train/marketing.

Fuck GOTY.

Of course, the shit opinion comes from the guy who mostly plays shit games and falls for the beta meme.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was canadian too.

(you)

FTFY

They're both shit and so are you.

To my knowledge LW is not even close to finished. I remember them saying LW for XCOM 2 isn't going to be released for a long ass time and Firaxis hasn't even released any expansions yet. I doubt they'd make a mod as big as LW before expansion(s)

Didn't N++ come out years ago? I distinctly remember playing it on my PSP.

Let's go bigger. Here's a 1996-2016 GOTY list.
I believe I made it as accurate as possible.

Although you could arguably replace Q3A with Super Smash Bros

Impossible. Unless you actually played on the Nip servers. I really liked that game.

Of course I did. It was free, region-free, far better than the localization, and 99% translated (via online guides, sadly no good patches).

Turboweeb detected

Is it ironic or retarded?
IS IT FUCKING IRONY OR NOT?!

Retarded. It's always retarded, never ironic.