Destiny 2 comes to PC and wipes the slate clean, does anyone actually care?

Destiny 2 comes to PC and wipes the slate clean, does anyone actually care?

I play the game now and then, not the pvp because fuck that, but i enjoy Diablo meets Halo Reach to fuck around in now and then.

Now the rumours from sources that have never been wrong yet state Destiny 2 is coming for PS4, PC and an Xbone release because lets be honest that platform needs titles more than the Wii U does at this point.
The big deal is that its a clean slate in a new locations, maybe you are a rookie after a time skip or something nobody knows, but you lose your shit.

Question is: Why does this send people crazy?

Going into Diablo 2 did people expect all their shit to carry over? i genuinely dont remember. Its been cool to get weapons like Bad Juju over the last few years, but already we have had weapons become redundant as expansions to Destiny 1 made them so outdated their stats were trash. A new game followed by 3 more years of dlc was always on the cards and did people think it would just transfer shit in and continue power creep for a decade? after seeing the shit show games like WoW turn into with those kind of numbers?

Maybe its because i play it casually and i'm more a regular hardcore rpg fan and dont consider the character progression of this that huge but i know i'm not the only player on Holla Forums and do any of you really care that much about starting a new character in D2?

looks like shit

This kind of things happen when you tell people the hundreds/thousands of hours they spent trying to get something is meaningless and they now have to do it all over again.

I would understand that if it wasn't a loot grind game. Its like people don't get just how much this is not an mmorpg, it is Diablo 3 and Halo Reach combined. Thats exactly what it is. Scrapping shit, grinding and repetition is the game. God knows how many characters people would make if there were not 3 slots.

Personally i imagine the majority will be told you get some dumbass shader or skin and it placates most of them instantly.

Because Destiny is built on being a skinner box lootgrind. It's meant to be "fun" and addicting without any real substance other than status and arbitrary power scaling to meet equally boring gear checks and challenges.
The only real mark of progress for players is whether or not they've successfully worshipped RNGesus enough to get their hands on the goodies, and then using and flaunting them. Take that away, and the autists that were suckered in by tail-chasing and DLC 'expansions' will throw a temper-tantrum.

But the expansions already make past items redundant and this is a sequel not an expansion. Shouldn't the autists just expect a shiny thing by their name? thats usually how they work with online shit right?

Well, the people who grind that shit is not too happy and the diehard fanatics said "Your new character in Destiny 2 must surpassed your first! it's like they're gonna both team-up in the next game!" I can't say if it's a 50-50 split, but Current Year Bungie can make a fun game, just not a great game anymore, this is coming from someone who got a secondhand copy of the base game for the PS3, just barebones and the expansion packs are still not what they planned, showed, and promised.

You know what my opinion on Destiny is?
Shallow
Destiny is fucking shallow. Lame. and shallow. Are what I use to describe my Destiny experience

Destiny failed because Bungie fails at writing lore. The entire fucking universe felt so bland and generic. And its depressing because the game HAS lore and world building but its all online. Everything in the game is a cryptic background reference and it all feels like pure ass pull after awhile.

And the world itself, holy shit did they fail hard at this. Why can't you ever actually visit human settlement outside of the tower? You see shanty towns down below, those look interesting. Too bad they're only part of the scenery. And the tower itself is boring as fuck, you can only visit a singe floor on the top. The rest of the games world, the moon, Mars, Venus.etc are literally the same bland fucking ladnscapes with different coats of paint

If I were put in charge of Destiny the first thing I'd do is expand the world to include more human settlement to make it remotely fucking interesting. Then I'd give NPCs more dialogue to actually give the world some fucking depth

Progression games are the saddest thing ever, except for the people who play them.

Considering Destiny never came to PC I doubt people care a whole lot, but the fact that people are losing their shit over it confuses me.

Well the entire thing was a mess, i got the game for a fiver on ps3 because the base game is worthless, then got a PS4 off family for christmas last year followed by a copy from my brother on a birthday and i guess i just dont have the monetary investment to give that much of a shit?

Its a frankensteins monster of a story where the ideas and imagery are cool and it feels enough like halo to remind me of the days playing halo 2 with friends as a teen back in the day but i just dont feel attached to my characters like an mmo character. I think they have 8 lines of dialogue over 3 years of content? thats an avatar not a character.

FPS suck dick. Especially Halo. Halo killed arena shooters. Only old Doom, Quake, Unreal series were good. And you even have mmo-tier "equipment" in that destiny garbage.

You're applying a little to much logic for a game as shallow and monotonous as Destiny; the whales rolling in the mud here don't see things as honestly as you do right now.
Instead, if trying to understand their asshurt, try to view the grind and itemization not as gameplay and obsoletion, but as growth and a 'physical' embodiment of fun.
They're children who think the toys they 'earned' are being taken away.

Well supposedly dropping the 12 year old hardware of last gen means this is happening and the leaks suggest the tower and city get fucked and people live in towns that fuction as quest hubs in larger areas again. If anything it would be nice to cut down on loading but my only minor hope is they finally deliver on the cocktease of halo reaches one space combat section and bringing it to pc means we finally see the space combat.

Though i would be lying if the Rise of Iron shit about Rasputin actually crippling the Traveller that was going to fuck off and let humanity burn was kind of interesting, but a russian solar system wide ai going full AM is more interesting than "HERES THE BLACK GARDEN, SHITS NEAT HUH. NOW FUCK OFF"

The entire game is a clusterfuck of great ideas mushed together, and this is where Martin told Nu-Bungie that they were losing their direction, passion, and community just for easy money, then he got fucked over with that lawsuit. The shooting is good, but the abilities and talent builds just don't feel good or integrated well, just feels like Borderlands with fucking Iron-sights, goddamn this game is empty, was expecting some space exploration with your class-ships, and all I got was a cutscene menu.

Call of duty killed arena shooters. Halos reason for becoming a thing was how it did things first on a console. Back when i was 11 or 12 when the Xbox HUEG came out it was very common to hear people excitely talk about Halo because "enemies stay on the ground when they die instead of blinking out of existence" and "you can get in a car and drive around". Common things for mustards used to fucking around with corpses in soldier of fortune but for consoles this shit was like jumping to 3d from sprites all over again. It was for console shooters what half life was for pc ones. All of a sudden it wasn't just killing lanbros or bots in an arena it was about a story and levels you remember by name for events not just 'heres where the rocket spawns and i better beat the faggots on the other team to it'.

Isnt destiny just a goon game anyway? Like shitty journalists indie goon faggots are pretty much its entire playerbase

The real sad shit is with Marty gone Destiny will never get any ODST style tracks. I rebought that game for a single penny off amazon last month to see how it held up and while most of the game really does not that soundtrack is fucking stellar.

No thats borderlands, the other "give a gun stats because fuck you thats why" game.

BUT WITH MEMES XDDDDDDD

Don't talk about shit you don't know. Destiny's plot/lore was ass because they had a perfectly good one in place and then activision made them overhaul it entirely when the game was already 70% completed. They had already recorded all the voice lines and written all the lore and didn't have enough time to re-do, so they rearranged what they had into a new story to please their corporate masters. The new "story" is what was released in the final game.

This information came out as a result of Marty O'Donnell's lawsuit against Bungie/Activision when they fired him as soon as the game went gold and refused to pay him royalties.

All true but its still fair to say grimoire stuff can be more interesting than ingame stuff. The whole "you are a dead thing made by a dead power, you have no place here" shit was interesting stuff.

I wonder who the fuck thought it was a good idea to get Paul McCartney to do some of the tracks and shill their fucking game for them, goddamn this industry.

Sorry, I'm not autistic. I'm saying this from the perspective of a person who played the actual, finished fucking product.

The game is shit. Thats the bottom line, maybe there is a reason for it being shit. But that doesn't make it not-shit

Executive action is the worst thing that can happen to a video game. I guess it explains why the final version of Destiny is 90% sci-fi 5% bullshit and 5% fantasy as opposed to the original concept art which pitched it as a 60% fantasy 40% sci-fi world.

The grimoire stuff was in the game before Activision fucked around, and the mysterious areas in the tower and doors that don't lead anywhere actually had a purpose at one point.

My point is it's not bungie's fault. They're a shadow of their former selves but they're still competent. You can see it from the fact the gameplay mechanics are solid, the sound is good, the graphics are smooth. The problem is Activision being in control and not letting them do their thing. We all knew it was gonna happen back when the partnership was announced.

Mustard here, I won't touch this trash or its sequel especially after playing it at request from a friend.
Destiny is shit and Bungiefags need to be gassed, even Overcuck is more redeemable than this garbage.
Go play Marathon you absolute faggots

Nobody said it wasn't shit you illiterate fuck, he's correcting you on how it happened

Bungie is dead you absolute faggot
Since 2010

It feels like it runs on the same exact game engine as Halo 3. Not saying its bad, on the contrary, it was a solid engine. But its not proof that Bungie is still competent. Bungie is dead man, its over

Even WoW sounds more interesting.

Just for the raped lore, considering Destiny barely has any.
The game is still shit and nothing but grind and metafagging.

I might give Bungie itself a chance, as it still has some based grizzled ancients hanging on in there. But no chance with Activisions oversight, even if Activision has an epiphany and decided everything they did with D1 was wrong, they'd go and fuck 2 up in some other way.

I'm still praying they don't reboot Marathon, not only would the game inevitably be garbage and violate the sanctity of the originals. But it would bring lots of cancer into the tiny community left for the original games and complete destroy it.

But they didn't help make Destiny a good game, did they? The only thing they're probably there for is to fix the new generation's coding fuck ups.

Run, fellow kei, run!

Halo Reach, actually. It plays like Halo Reach.

Well i guess you look at Halo 5 and the master chief collection and its still night and day.

Man you know the real sad thing this distinction makes me realise?
There will be underage going "man fuck bungie fuck halo" that were not fucking born when 'The Silent Cartographer' was blowing console users minds.

God damn thats a strange feel alright.

I dont know if they cant optimize for shit or if the always online requirement on all platforms fucked them over. I remember reading that for their editor if they so much as moved a crate they had to wait for it to render for a day or something.

this game honestly seemed neat until it was revealed as a loot-n-shoot rather than a proper shooter. the only thing that separates one gun from another is how many numbers it can make pop out of an enemy, and thus it becomes a DPS race instead of having thoughtful gun variety.

also what the hell happened to its original plans to be some giant worldwide connected super exploring game, did they realize that was just too damn lofty? it's a shame this game didn't turn out good cuz it's got some cool designs behind it

Ha, I remember when the Destiny beta came out and people were saying 'this game is going to be so big', then it turned out they'd already seen about 30% of the game's content.
And the reason Destiny players are losing their mind was already stated, anyone who plays this game heavily is just chasing purpz. There's not enough gameplay to keep other people interested. Take their purpz, they have no reason to play.

Sadly it was more than that. It was ALL of the earth in the base game, a sizable portion of the moon and that left venus and mars for retail.
Its better now, earth has a fuckton of shit especially with Rise of Iron but the base game? Fucking not worth it. The current incarnation? its no halo but its not the worst fps game this gen, not even close but man that base game is like 6 hours long.

I played destiny every so expansion, finish all the content relatively quickly then stop.

I'd say the news about new slate is driving people crazy because of destiny specifically.

You have to understand they made the colossal mistake of exotics not being able to upgrade to be at least viable in the next tiers of gears, and are still stalling out bringing beloved exotics up to speed. Being that guns are more than just a stat stick like you'd find in a diablo game, losing guns means losing aspects of gameplay you enjoy, doubly so being that exotics provide the more unique gameplay aspects. People I know outright quit the game because their exotics were negated, and even though there are new versions they have no desire to work to get new one when they put in the work for the old one.

So combine that existing scorn with the news of the new slate with the new game and people are freaking the fuck out over losing exotics they worked twice for a third time. The disastrous start to this game regardless of how good it gets is going to follow it for a while.

Honestly the only exotic i gave a shit about was my Zhalos Supercell because it looks and feels fun as fuck. Its an auto rifle that shooters electric bullets that arc between a pack of enemies. That is fucking super fucking nito. But it aint the end of the world if it remains 'year 3' and its not in D2.

I think they are figuring some shit out though, they just patched in Halo's scoring mode for strikes and i didn't know how much i missed that from shooters.

Thanks OP
Your post just made me realize just how cancerous this thread really is.

And you shouldn't talk shit about shit you don't know about. I am saying this from the perspective of a person who played the actual, finished fucking product: You know god damn nothing about Destiny's lore. The Grim cards were a last minute addition, but it was an attempt at trying to bring back the lore they had already written. If you had actually read some of them, like you know, by playing the finished fucking product and checking out your unlocks then you'd actually get it. The lore for the first raid alone is pretty fantastic, people get erased from history, people's ages are fucked with in a bizarre time shift experiment, and two people are ripped through time and space. One of them popping in the main story, named The Stranger because her identity was wiped from existence and is just an echo thats shifting through time, who at the end gives you her gun and them finally ceases to exist. "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" It's because she quite literally does not have enough time to hold your baby hand and think for you because she's only got so much time on the outside of reality. The other is Praedeth who you finally release from his torment of being ripped through time and space in a much more extreme way than being displaced like The Stranger, during The Taken King content. If Activision didn't take a shit on the floor we could have seen all of this going on in game, but Bungie knows how to fucking write a damn plot but you're too inept to pay attention. The queues for all of it are still there in game through item descriptions and watching character actions in cutscenes. I barely played the game at launch and I was still able to pick up "Why the fuck is she talking like she's traveling through time?" on my first playthrough. Until I got to the raid I was able to say "Oh shit, thats why she has no time to fucking explain. Because she's in the process of being erased from fucking history"

And I bet you're one of those jackasses who thinks Dark Souls has the "deepest lore"

Also unless i'm mistaken can't you just go to the kiosk and trade an exotic shard or legendary marks for the [CURRENT YEAR] version if you have an earlier one for most exotics?

I swear this is how i got a supercell day one of rise of iron.

You can now, but first tier upgrade you couldn't, and that's where a lot of the scorn comes from.

was that the house of wolves period? i never touched it then. All i had was base game where i enjoyed fucking shit up with The Last Word and gave no fucks about stats.

you have got to be baiting right? i mean this whole thread is reddit tier especially with the spacing and overall faggotry but fuck

Hello to you to fellow young person, whats the hizzaps and the dilly-o?

There were none of those monitors during house of wolves, and there was absolutely no way to upgrade an existing weapon. You literally needed to redo the quest, rebuy from xur, ect.

literally what the fuck? id understand if the box wasnt a part of the level geometry, but what the fuck?

mostly… there was some shit that was plain unacceptable on launch. i just hope bungie uses the people who made halo to show 343 and newer developers how console shooters are supposed to be done

The notion of redoing gunsmith shit is genuinely grimace worthy.

They didn't even have the locking system in place for a long ass time so accidentally dismantling your legendary and exotics was a thing because drop rates were horrid and you'd be too tired to pay attention to shit. At least now they have better drop rates and a decent way to getting exotics, but that was some BS

Making this thread made me boot up the game and if i have one remaining complaint of the game as is its that the cut cabal raid and dlc means mars feels like a goddamn waste. That map has like 8 things on it compared to the earth which is packed if you got all the shit like sleeper simulant. Considering TTK said the black garden area is now permanently fused into the surface of it you would expect some cool shit in there.

Meanwhile there's literally two Hive and two Fallen expansions.

Fucking cabal when bungie?

user, they're unironically trying to discuss Destiny.
The pretensious shit tier instanced MMO with awful shooting and Boderlands gameplay and loot system that was marketed to normalfags as the dudebro game to play and a true "next gen".
Its not only a console shooter but its also a shit console shooter with lore that makes no sense that is still being argued by literal niggers and Sonyggers on Youtube.

OP made a thread about the supposed sequel of that trash, like it coming to PC changes anything.
Like Activision wont scam them again.

This is what we're dealing with, its cuckchan in here.
This is no longer the fullchan you and I know which spammed these threads to death the second they were made and replaced with a Quake general.

I think TTK kind of suggests they are fucking done in the Solar System, sure they sent a distress call but it also kind of hints 'the darkness' which could just be 'the hive' or 'the worms' at this point wiped out the rest of the cabal and they were running in fear as the eliksni/the fallen just wanted the traveller back.
Shame since the cabal could pull another version of halos 'scarab' off in a raid.

halo was never good you fucking faggot and only a retard would say it was good even this fag pointed out your faggotry

They've made this thread before
Its the same 3 autistic shills or proxies from before.
He even tried to make this shit daily.

thanks user, i just noticed. holy fuck, it only took a couple of years for this place to go downhill. all good things must come to an end i suppose.

kek jewstein found out that a substantial population of the PC userbase are moralfaggots and don't pirate.
fuck this game and everything related to it.

I just wish I could leave

user you have nothing to prove to anybody.

The pvp is the only thing that hasn't gotten stale.
Yes it's dominating right now, but if you're smart you can punish shotgunners.
All of the PVE in this damned game has gotten so stale. I'm only playing it in a vain hope of getting icebreaker.
If Destiny's sequel can offer good consistent content then people will care, but RoI's brought a good, though not very innovative raid and a bunch of shittily voice acted boring missions.
Why couldn't they pull another Taken King and bring good characters, comprehendable story and memorable missions?
RoI has been pretty shallow so far, and half of the other dlc's were probably cut content that fucked the lore when actijew cut them.
If they fuck Destiny 2 at launch there's no way that they can go on with the current reputation.

I just dont like the style for pvp shooter stuff. plus it feels so sterile. Maybe if shit like Taken could pop up in a map to fight both sides i would be interested but i imagine the people that do the iron banner shit would go nuclear at that kind of thing.

It's the only modern one outside of twitchy CoD clones or cartoony TF2 clones.
I don't really know what you mean by "sterile."
Are you referring to weapon or class diversity?

You're not fooling anyone Activishill

I want to fucking leave but I can't OP you massive fucking retarded casual.
I'm addicted to this kind of "social activity".

You are here forever. Put down your vape wand, chill out and go talk about games you like. Tumblr is for the permanently offended who must share their hurt bums, do things you enjoy or you end up just as bitter as them.

The maps just sort of feel like [FIRST PERSON SHOOTER MAP] to me. Like they dont exist as part of the world and were designed for a purpose. I know thats all in the balancing to make them fair but in games past a giant floating two path island in space was retarded but it was fine. These are meant to be part of the world and the only one that feels it is the one on earth in the pine forest factory. The rest are so 'badly masked donut arena' that they dont feel chaotic enough.
I guess the tight alleyway and the europe ones are okay but for a game with this level of jump ability i feel there should be more verticality to the maps.

I do think that there could be more map variety and more occasions to use the movement systems.
A little part of me dies everytime that Asylum queues, but I like the floating islands. I feel like I'm dodging shots from tuskan raiders when I run by the
through the center and I like ambushing people by the teleporters.

Also i think the Halo vibe makes me miss a big open large player number battleground type pvp map. Imagine something like a small area on Mars where a 32v32 big team battle fights through a series of half buried sky scrapers for objectives while pve enemies spawn and its designed to be more 'alterac valley' than 'team slayer'.
It would make picking a faction more interesting if you could tie that in. I only picked Dead Orbit for the simple colour scheme and creepy peter stormaire being your bro. That could also give them a bit more weight.

Also what happened to the vehicles? i swear in the base game i got a large open pvp map with turrets and cabal vehicles but i have never seen that again.

I enjoy shitting on you for you awful fucking taste and for supporting Activision.
I also enjoy seeing the board from cancer, especially cancer that will attract even more shitposters AKA this thread.
Tumblr does precisely what you're suggesting though, they hide what they don't like and then wonder why their community is shit.

We need more big maps.
Every one else lost their shit, but Trials on First Light was some of the most fun I've ever had in pvp.

RoI was also put into development when it was clear that Destiny 2 wasn't going to be ready for release in 2016, so that's why it's not as good an expansion as TTK was. Like, I don't remember specifically, but I believe that the entirety of RoI was created in something like six to eight months? I'd really hesitate to say it was worth $30 ($20 would have been more reasonable), but it's decent given the timeframe they had to work with.

I think 2 will probably be alright overall. I mean, compare Destiny at launch to right now. Server issues, a broken rewards system (remember the loot cave?), glitchy raids, and the difficulties of progressing at endgame have all been taken care of for the most part. I think they just weren't prepared to release such a different style of game, and things they thought would work in their studio turned out to be a mess when pushed to the public. But now they've had over two years of player data and feedback to learn from, so 2 should launch in a much better state than 1 hopefully.

You just reminded me of Sword Base in Reach. That's the only map I still remember the name of in that game, and that was a very vertical map (which made sense because jetpacks). Why they haven't made a map like it in a game where everyone has a double jump or similar is beyond me.

There were two vehicle maps at launch, and a third got added with TDB, but after that, nada. I think they realized that vehicles didn't work very well with Destiny's playstyle. Why get in a tank when a single super thrown your way will shut you down before you can have any fun? It also doesn't help that shooting a vehicle will hurt the driver, so you basically become a giant, slow-moving hitbox and easy fodder. I hope they address that in 2, or at least include a playlist with vehicle maps and no supers.

Well they did add the trinket that disables supers in exchange for two grenades. A big no supers, mad dash for vehicles mode could interest me more than "another fucking control map"

Well, their CEO is a kike. How did the lawsuit go, did he win?

He rinsed them i think.

mein nieger

Christ this sounds as bad as Destiny's development in completely different ways.

I can only hope that they write a good story and have content worth replaying in the sequel. I think they actually figured out that a game has to have good story and gameplay to be successful and that the legacy of a company isn't enough to sell.
My only other gripe is that legendaries are now better than exotics.
It's better than year one with thorn being exclusively used in pvp and nordman trumpet being used exclusively in pve, but there's no reason that eyasluna should out-do hawkmoon.
I want to be hopeful, but everything in recent years has made me a cynical fuck.

I wish that vehicles got more play in PVE as well. A raid encounter that's got everyone riding around in tanks blowing up a giant mech boss? Sign me up.

Fuck, you got me.

I could see them trying to make other things outside your weapon more varied. Like the concept art of the other supers. Titans with a captain america shield, warlock with wings and hunters with a spear. Look at the elemental stuff. They could make a consumable that fills your weapon with a full set of elemental ammunition but you dont pick up more till you exhaust it all and go back to normal ammo instead.
Kind of like the explosive or flame rounds in left for dead 2. Less 'i need specific weapons' and more 'i have these i like and have a case of void ammo i pop in a void burn scenario'.

people defend 343 for their bullshit, and idk why. the campaign and gameplay became codified as fuck, the multiplayer turned into a fucking corridor shooter, and warzone is just a bad titanfall-battlefield hybrid. like what the fuck happened to open maps in single player and matchmaking?

This also makes me think about what changed at Bungie. With Marty gone i doubt we will see D2 with any ODST tier music, but i wonder if the horror elements from the floods reveal will come back with a new enemy? the hive kind of did that at first but got changed over time to be too organised and sentient to be generic monsters and are more evil aliens than ancient monsters.

I think the open stuff was why i liked Halo CE back in 2001 or whenever it was. As a poorfag with no gayman pc at the time a demo disc with 'the silent cartographer' blew my goddamn mind because it was not a linear corridor.
Granted a lot of the later game would be but bungie did stuff on a console with a shooter nobody else did.

I mean shit the bit where the flood are fighting elites and you are caught and the sequel section where the flood are aiding you? i can't think of another fps game that does that. Even today i can't think of one.

I recall that one Kotaku post that compared destiny to PSO, while i know damn well Kotaku are full of shit, I can't help but want to find out if its anything like PSO, heaven knows PSO2 isn't like PSO.
I'm just so desperate for the feeling of PSO again. But I can never re-experience the thick atmosphere of fear and dread that hangs over the plot. The nagging wonder of is this last bastion of life, this tropical island in the middle of the sea, perhaps being unsustainable?
No! It can't be, we just need to keep following the trail of Rico. She can't have died, she must still be out there and therefore there is hope.
Then the reveal at the end of EP1.

The real question that is burning in my mind is what about the new "|v|athon" game

It's odd. Vehicles were a highlight of halo, but they just don't translate into destiny.
Lord Saladbowl
Iron Banana
Dank Drinker

You can come up with some fantastic names if you have a fun fireteam.

The trouble with that becomes balancing. Surely enough some mentally gifted autistic individual will put together all of the factors and fuck shit. I'm all for class diversity but in a game with so many items, perks and weapons, someone will break it.
Just look at how absurd soulsborne pvp plays. You can't compete in those games without a calculator.

Theres always going to be a version of THE LEGEND that brute forces shit to fuck the meta.

Destiny is Halo Reach+Diablo 3. If you want PSO your best best is monhun and thats not arcadey sega style scifi.

I tried one of the Monhun on on Wii and it kept dragging on and on with now you have to make fire and go from here to there. The fact that it wasnt scifi is why i didn't keep going

the game was a development trainwreck from the start

wouldn't shock me

Well people have jerked off over the idea of a sci-fi monhun for years, its why people give a shit about Horizon Zero Dawn at all really.

Death Zamboni is the best from RoI so far.

Like said, if Halo mixed with Diablo is up your alley, then Destiny is pretty much the only option out there. I never played PSO but I'm sure it's not gonna be quite the same. If nothing else, getting the collection on sale is a pretty good deal, since you're getting two+ years' worth of content.

I think you can still download the "demo" version, which (if I remember right) restricts you to the Earth missions and the first strike, so you can at least get a feel for how it plays at a low level.

Still not out on PC so it don't matter

who

Good point, my mistake.

It's more than likely the same 2 or 3 fags who tried to force a general for this game a month or two back.

Zamboni was good but i was hoping SIVA would mean more mutated shit that Taken didn't deliver on. The wretched eye suggests a neat idea that the splicers are grafting life from alien worlds together to make umbrella corp tier bullshit and we dont get enough. Imagine some proper frankenstein shit we could have seen.

Hey if D2 comes to PC i see no reason why they wont port the first, i know PS4 content exclusivity deals run out in 2017 so theres no reason to keep it tied to console and i imagine pc users will like it since its a lot more halo in tone for a loot and shoot than blundermemes dumb nonemedy shit.

Because even with the mess of rewrites i still think the idea of destiny and its world is interesting. You wake up in a rusted out car wreck and are told you have been dead for centuries and aliens wreck all human colonies and all cities but one and you are now an immortal demigod whos a wizard, ranger or bruiser out to reclaim mankinds colonys. Thats the closest to warhammer 30k a vidya story has gotten and the idea still has legs.

They might be concerned with the t rating.
The wretched eye strike was great thematically, but I'm not sure if they can get away with more unsightly monstrosities.
I know that the zombies in oblivion weren't responsible for the t to m rating change, but even before that, bethesda was pushing the limits of the ratimg system.

I started watching a Let's Play of Destiny from a few years ago because of this thread, and it looks really fucking stupid.

I guess, i just lacks the hopeless scale they had in Halo. Back in CE when it got to "the only enemy the covenant fear" you find out there is a quasi zombie plague that lead to the end of all sentient life and it was imprisoned for millions of years on floating ringworlds in space. Thats almost lovecraftian in its scale and scope. You are blip on a tiny ship that found your way there by accident and you have to survive.
Trouble is in Destiny its already as bad as it can get and the enemies we have can only get weaker and we can only get stronger.
There needs to be some real monstrous stuff. The "you've woken the hive" stuff seemed like it but the hive is less like the flood and more like wows generic 'fel' legion stuff really.

If this proves true my roomie is going to have a stroke and it will be fucking beautiful to watch. him and all his hardcore destiny cow friends that have been pumping endless money into Acti & Bungie's coffers for a halfbaked game that only just got fully completed a few months ago.

While we're on the subject, please bungie wipe the slate. I don't want the next seven years to be held back by the failed expiriments they've tried in this.

If you read the book of sorrows you can get an idea of the hive and their gods.The motivations and planning of Oryx are actually really interesting and all of the other hive characters might come over to earth some time soon. The fallen fell because of the hive and we don't know much about the vex because bungie sucked shit at storytelling in year 1.
The hive actually are ginormous in scale, but you have to read or watch lore videos to know that.

I think the original idea was the Vex are humanity from the future, like a billion years of the evil traveller storyline manipulation and they were retroactively altering all timelines to make everything vex.
But that story was scrapped and if you look back the Vex actually seem to be the Tzeench of Destiny, sometimes they are an enemy but on the whole they shape things to strengthen us. Look back at TTK, where do we get our third specs from? every time its a Vex, often players getting stronger are tied to the Vex.

Its a guess but now i think they are still connected to humans but i dont think they are humans twisted by the traveller, i think they are the endgame for Exos. Its why they avoid rasputin. Mess with rasputin effectively messes with your history and could stop you existing to begin with.

Wait is this referring to PC?
lol

Xbone dumbass, come on son.

Rasputin is one of Destiny's most original plot devices and characters.
The idea of an AI supercomputer sitting by itself thinking to infinity capable of defying gods makes my inner lorefag sperg out.
There isn't any strong evidence tying the exos and rasputin to the vex, but it isn't out of the question.

I just wonder if he is the focus of D2. By the end of RoI its outright set up that A: the reason the underside of the traveller is damaged is because it wanted to flee again and rasputin crippled it to save humanity and B: he "hasnt been an ai for a long time" and can "manifest" along with an army of machine men far stronger than any exo.
The fact that you go back and replay even vanilla Destiny and the none focus plot points are things like finding a computer on mars thats being controlled by rasputin and the ghost just goes "hes in everything now"has effectively set up the worst case skynet in vidya.

This is a goddamn shame. Imagine europe with deference to darkness style music.

I would be okay with starting from scratch level- and power-wise, but I don't see why they wouldn't port over all the cosmetics from the first game (emblems, shaders, ships, sparrows, etc.). No additional development time needed, and gives an incentive for people to go back and play (and buy) the first game to unlock them.

Some of the grimoire cards on SIVA hint that there could be more SIVA out in the far reaches of the solar system, lying dormant until something finds it again, so I won't be surprised if it comes back into the story again.

I wondered if the Ghosts were the travellers techmagic making a controlled and contained siva. the siva shape is similar, the function of rebuilding and building things, even life is similar. If the Eliksni want the traveller back maybe they saw siva as a way to try and make their own guardians?

I played the Destiny Demo on PS4 (was like 50 GB download + plus a 40 GB update).
The tutorial was okay, but the first boss fight for the warp drive (concluding the demo) was pure garbage already.
So I uninstalled it and could care less, if and how it comes to PC.

Nice to meet you mentally ill, my name's Anonymous!

The single-player doesn't really have a lot of great boss fights or anything, especially not the one in the second mission. The base game suffered from bullet sponge bosses, but they got better at designing more fun fights over time. They revamped a few of their older strikes with the latest patch and they're miles ahead of the originals.

I didn't know the demo stopped after the second mission though, I thought it was like the beta where you got to do all of Earth's content.

No, but thanks for the invitation!

Holy shit. So Destiny (the new coming of Christ) is now old news. What a sad, sad, sad day for those 100 people not maxed out on everything possible in Destiny 1. Better open those wallets again, it's time for a new round.

Destiny was already on PC, just under a different name.
Warframe

Destiny doesnt have fat tenno booty.

Queen was pretty cute though.

just drop the bombs and end this gay planet

Bye!

I'd kill for a good warframe.

Maybe if Destiny 2 puts actual pressure on their wallets DE will get their shit together and Make Warframe Great Again.

TOO BAD IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN

Looks autistic tbh.

When was warframe ever great?

Just play monhun nigga

All these mascots and Destiny reminds me of those Destiny edits I wish were a game in their own right.

I want to actually go fast with parkour and switching between melee to ballistic to magic combat on the fly.
I guess I'll try Monhun then. Out of curiosity would God Eater 2 do or would I be better off emulating something?

Good.
The only way to make a good Destiny game is to make sure that Destiny 1 never existed. "Destiny 1 was just a simulation, goyim" or something like that. The fanboys will hate it but I think Bungo should go back to what made Bungie games great: stories, locations and characters. The real Destiny would start with the second game, with a proper story, a proper background for each race and character you play.
There's another thing that Bungo could do to make the game better: kill the guy who thought that a RNG system was a good idea. Less grind (grind is not fun). Add matchmaking to every game mode/strike/nightfall-thing, make sure that every player can level up and get good stuff even if he/she doesn't participate in raids (why would you get stuck at 370 after decrypting hundreds of engrams while others are at 400?).
I could be wrong but I don't think Destiny 2 will be different than Destiny 1. Bungo made millions with the first one and it was a bunch of empty open worlds with bland characters and no story.

God eater or monhun generations will bows and bowgun would be your shit

People lose their shit because of how frustratingly awful the drops are in destiny, along with the fact that it takes infuriatingly long to create different builds (if you could even call them that, the different classes are more about gear than abilities). When you get a legendary or rare it feels good only because of how long it took, it's a feeling of relief, not of reward.

So of course people are going to feel angry about going through a system that is built on killing the same mobs on the same locations that are on timers, or incredibly boring strikes of killing the same bulletsponge boss for an hour for little to no reward. While Diablo had similar systems, it at least attempted to provide variety through different maps on the same location, along with loot drops that aren't ridiculously low and actually work towards rewarding you, not boring the fuck out of you.

Diablo seeks to give you rewards steadily but surely so that your grind doesn't feel like it takes a gorillion years to complete and even then it tries to make it engaging, and when you get legendaries it feels good precisely because of the steady increase of rewards, so when you go to the next game you know it'll be the same kind of fun, even if you have to do the grind all over again.

It's good of them to try and start over with a new impression, but seeing the horrific clusterfuck that the first one, with its shit "i don't have time to explain" story, horrible loot drops, insane repetition of maps/enemy engagements, the dumbass light stat, and the grind you have to do not to get the legendaries but to get the chance to see them drop have left such a bad taste that I don't care for its return even on PC.

TL;DR If Destiny's shit loot systems that can't be shared between characters and has horrible loot drops were less shit, more fun, and actually rewarding and engaging, people wouldn't feel bad about starting over.

What info is there about destiny 2? Destiny looked like the kind of game that gets boring after a couple of hours.

I guess ill wait for actual info about the game

trash

He may be a twat but everything hes done like this before about destiny has proved 100% accurate later.

Do you remember how they marketed Destiny?
I saw the game advertised and promoted everywhere before it came out.
It was supposed to be open world have all this shit, and yet they were strangely silent on any of the games real mechanics.

Then it came out to be a lobby shooter with NPC dungeons with boring enemies and loot grind that was past retarded.

500 million for was the design budget and it could only deliver a shitty shallow shooter.

I'm actually hyped. For everything it did wrong, the core gameplay was on a level that nobody else can touch.

Thanks. I love Destiny.

If you still play this shit at all, you're a huge loser.

Xbone dis tossed in because of Sony loyalty, that's always a good sign…

Probably because Bungie implied this would be a MMO where people would take a character from start to finish, and they'd somehow actually balance it for that. And the fact that Destiny was a boring grindfest, and all that grinding gets thrown out the window. Seriously, why would anyone play this much past seeing all the content? The only thing to do after is play through all the same missions over and over again.

Legitimate question: Why would anyone on PC ever play Destiny when they can play Warframe?

Even if you hate Warframe, and you have every reason to, it's just a game that is superior to Destiny in every way. Plus you don't have to worry about another reset when they try Destiny 3.

So why in gods name would they even bother?

Even though I played and then dropped Warframe twice, I totally agree. Of course, I only played and dropped Destiny once, and still have no desire to go back (especially knowing any progress I made in it wouldn't matter in part 2). Base gameplaywise, I'll give Destiny credit in that it's more polished then Warframe, but Warframe's movement overall more interesting and has a shitton more content. Not to mention Warframe was drastically improved the second time I played it, so the devs are keeping at it constantly. Destiny adds little chunks to a core game that just isn't as fun as any Halo, even the 343 ones. And that's pretty pathetic, considering the entire reason people were hyped was that it was basically going to be a Halo style MMO.

Speaking of comparing Destiny to Halo, did they ever make any interesting vehicles for Destiny? The jetbikes and such in the base game were just boring shit, the multiplayer matches that allowed vehicles were just awful. It really felt like the only benefit of vehicles was it made you not think about how empty and lifeless every planet was. I kinda wish someone would make a Halo MMO just so I can drive around in a warthog with buddies between missions, driving through loading canyons in Destiny is boring as fuck.