This fucking CAPCHA shit is getting annoying

This fucking CAPCHA shit is getting annoying

*Captcha
Dumbfuck

Okay, then why don't you yiff Bui and ask him to stop?

Why not do everyone a favor and stop posting.

Holla Forums is shit. Holla Forums is dying. Use Holla Forums

You should have left that modder alone then

does it feel like 4chan yet?

At least pic related is gone.

What can be done? Spam forces such measures.

Buried him im a shoebox like a dead cat.

Dysnomia here. I actually like Holla Forums for Vidya posting. This board seems fine compared to Holla Forums and /a/. I do promote Holla Forums as an alternative but Holla Forums hasn't gotten that bad yet.

I was thinking about enabling captcha myself but I still hate HW for making us use it in the first place after promising us in 2014 that we would NEVER have it (other than being optional)

How well does captcha prevent this shit anyway? I think the spammers on Holla Forums are doing it manually anyway.

Captcha is not a real solution to stopping spam. It only inconveniences regular users.

This was my thought on the matter.

it stops automatic spam at least

Think up a real solution that respects user privacy and send it to Codemonkey.

Yes, as was the case with the daily captcha due to spam, but then that form never went away. Now the site is stuck with a daily, and one every time you post.

It's more of a quick fix till something better occurs I'm thinking. Otherwise what said. I will say that it was fucking stupid of the mods not to remove the threads discussing bui. We shouldn't be giving attention to these faggots, it just encourages them.

Why not disable the daily one? Impossible to post now, post count across the site will fucking plummet of everyone has to jump fucking hoops to post.

Pretty much, it's only a band-aid solution to a problem that wasn't dealt with months ago.

Because it's a hotfix. It captcha per post shouldn't be up for more than a day or two so the daily one seems pointless to remove. It's nice to know though that we wern't prepared/don't have a better system to deal with this if a single faggot decides to come here and spam.

I talked to ring about some of the spam and he said he might work on some sort of filter for it.
(ring is the person that created botmod)

With captcha, there were 20 spam posts per second. Without captcha, there were 100 spam posts per second.
No, you can't create an autoban filter because he adapts and changes post content.
Last time, he went from using email information to stealing random posts from other boards, which made it harder to detect.

There seem to be massive improvement in post quality as people are forced to have longer periods of time to think before they post.

It's true, the scary part is that the spam lagged the whole website, if he spammed on some empty captcha-less boards it would severely slow things down

don't tell anyone

I pity the nig who doesn't re-read his post several times over to make sure he gets his points across clearly.

It depends on where each user spent most time before coming to IBs. Chats and IRC shape up a completely different poster compared to mailing groups and forums. And some spent about equal time on both. And some come from Holla Forums because it's too slow and empty and they easily get bored.

Putting autismbux to good use by hiring pajeets to input captchas at 0.0005 a piece

Video games.

Someone should find this pajeet captcha service and buy it out, probably costs around 10 dollars.

I am sleepy+tired cause of work, so excuse any grammar errors, however, I have to get this out before I get more pissed off:

The problem here is that >>>Holla Forums hasn't defined what is spam, and why you don't want to see it. Captcha prevents floods, not spam. It's like placing a plunger to solve the spam problem, when some shit still leaks. You all need to define what is spam and speculate how it forms: what fuels/creates it. Once you have decided amongst yourselves what that is, creatively think ways how to mitigate it. The solution is there, the issue is you need to think this thoroughly.

>>>/a/ and >>>Holla Forums did admirably, because stopped for a moment to think about why they were having such problems, and were motivated to solve it at its source. In >>>Holla Forums we ended up making a learning checking robot, and automate most of the work. But we understand it is double edge, so we fix it at times, and evolve. You >>>Holla Forums, needs to evolve, or be spammed to death like >>>/gamergatehq/, and the many fractured splinters Gamergate became.

evolve my cock dude

While I agree with you, you're forgetting the main obstacle isn't the spam itself.
This board has ALWAYS had huge self-trolling and meme spewage (mainly because people who enjoy videogames tend to be underaged or at least low 20's).
This creates the problem of "funposting".
It's a problem because posting stupid shit is, for the most part, okay. Even funny at times. Even some offtopic stuff aswell, since people who enjoy videogames share many other interests and like to discuss them with other people in the hobby.

At the same time though, people took "self-moderation" to extremes, where they'll deem a videogame or console unworthy of discussion, fail to realize that that is their own opinion and derail/shitpost threads about it. The case of consoles being the saddest: console wars (and GPU wars) used to spawn tons of OC and be quite fun. But that saying about "A comunity of people who pretend to be retarded…" brought on people who take those threads seryously. They feel legitemly offended if you insult their console of choice. And thost people aren't even the main problem, just the cause: there's folks who saw their reaction, realized it was a huge untapped mine of salt and proceeded to mine it 24/7. Board quality be damned, they want their kicks out of autistic kiddies that can't take a joke.

There isn't a hardline between "garbage" posts and acceptable dumb/off-topic one's. The same post can be bad in a thread but fit nicely in another one. What matters is a certain "netiquette" or a code of condut for posters. half/v/ had one for years when it was created. It evolved with time, but slowly.
Full/v/ on the other hand evolve too fast and uncontroled. Nearly every poster has a diferent mindset on how things should be and what we have a giant mash-up of diferent people/mindsets/culture.

There's only two solutions at times like this:
Splitting is the first and the most natural one. And given the number of videogame boards that spawned lately, that's already happening. Downside is what you mentioned: fracturing and eventual "heat-death" of comunity.

The second one is the prefered one: compromise. Every group/mindset agrees to compromise to some demands from each other. We all colectively agree that something is "tolerated". Some won't partake in discussion about it, but tolerate other user's talking about it and vice versa.

This one won't happen though. You can't get a consensus here. And I fully blame Holla Forums and Holla Forums for this. Both boards have a deeply rooted "us vs them" mentality, and they will never accept compromises, only total domination. They'll sabotage your efforts for mutual agreement (like shitposting meta-threads and provoking the mods/other posters) and actively fight against it. In the process, they'll destroy the board and the comunity, like they already did on their own boards, but good luck making them aware of it: if you're not 100% in favour of their narrative, you're a shill/enemy/CTR/goon and you will be ignored/shitposted.